[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Unacceptable': Wolf Blitzer rebukes Trump for breach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 1

File: CwzZyxMUoAA5qQd-300x300.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
CwzZyxMUoAA5qQd-300x300.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
(CNN) -- CNN's Wolf Blitzer, a former White House correspondent, issued a rebuke to Donald Trump's transition team on Thursday for its failure to notify reporters the President-elect was leaving Washington for New York.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

"It is truly unacceptable," he added, citing his experience as CNN's White House correspondent. "The President-elect and the President. A pool of reporters should be with them on a trip like that."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

After meeting with President Obama, Trump and his team departed for New York, apparently without informing members of the press.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA GET FUCKED CNN

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/33684307/unacceptable-wolf-blitzer-rebukes-trump-for-breach-in-press-protocol
>>
>>84747
I can't wait for the day CNN and Huff Post die
>>
Tell CNN fox news was shit on the past 8 years so now it's their turn. Maybe if the media acted like actual journalists, without an agenda and just reported the fucking news things would be different
>>
>>84747
I'm not sure what the problem is
>>
alt rightards actually want less culpability from the government to the media. Not sure what else I could expect. This can only leave him more distrusted. I don't think he's intelligent enough to realize that.
>>
>>84845
This.
>>
>>84845
>alt rightards actually want less culpability from the government to the media

Only when its their favorite that gets to snub the press.

If Alex Jones had a seat in the WHPC and was put in the back row i'm sure they'd scream bloody murder.

Culture war still going strong apparently.
>>
>>84845

>being culpable to the propaganda wing of the democrats

Yeah nah. Better go make another poll
>>
>>84795
>Maybe if the media acted like actual journalists, without an agenda and just reported the fucking news things would be different
You wont get that in Murrica. Since Ronald Reagan repealed the fairness doctrine any media outlet can be as biased as fuck.
The irony is that republicans bitch about biased media and yet they created it.
>Murrica, you so funny
>>
>>84747
Wolf needs to step the fuck off

I think he just made the list
>>
>>84860
Anon, everyone laughs at Alex Jones.
>>
>>84891
Trump and his team are all novices. They are will get things wrong. Wolf is not wrong for pointing out shit.
>>
>>84747
thanks OP. this is outstanding!
>>
>>84747
wolf blitzer is just such a fucking tool that thinks he's way more important than he is
>>
this isn't a left vs. right thing.

this is a 'there are certain rules politicians play by' thing

trump is a newbie to politics, so it's forgivable. but when you're a journalist hoping to get that juicy first exclusive interview, and the guy jets off without saying anything (something politicians rarely do) then it's understandably frustrating.
>>
>>84747
who gives a fuck?

the guy is a leader not a celebrity....

let him get on with business

also wolf blitzes & CNN can go eat dicks...they shit all over trump and expect him to favor them?

fucking stupid
>>
>>84956
it's the media, you tard.
you don't have to like them; you have to tolerate them because they're essential to the democratic process.
>>
>>84914
yes, BUT he's still a leftie douchebag for bitching about it and trying to jump on the negative trump bandwagon, so fuck him
>>
>>84958
I don't think you understand the role they've been playing for some time now. That behavior is not part of the democratic process in any way whatsoever.
>>
>>84914
I understand your sentiment, but I'm glad Trump is less beholden to the press than those before him.

Journalists by and large have abandoned the ethical standards they once ascribed to, so if I were President Elect, I'd be dismissive and suspicious of the media too.

Just look at the stories Washington Post has put out since Trump was elected.
>>
>>84964
>Just look at the stories Washington Post has put out since Trump was elected.
Yes, how dare they be critical of a candidate for President.
>>
>>84883
That's not how the fairness doctrine worked.

It was mostly just detrimental to conservative talk radio.
>>
>>84965
He's no longer a candidate. He won.

And they unabashedly grilled him throughout the election cycle. In several pieces they readily admitted that they were not objective. Worse yet, it continues. Previously they decided he was too dangerous, that America couldn't be allowed to vote for him. Now they champion all opposition, while labeling moat Americans as racists, bigots, or worse. (WE AREN'T)
>>
>Trump being insensitive to the media after he spent his entire campaign fighting it

What a shocker!
>>
>>84795
lol, Fox News literally has back to back shows that airing one hour a day, five days a week where the host literally tells you to vote for [insert anybody with an (R) at the end of his name] or fire will rain down from the sky and your children will die. How crazy do you have be not to consider that biased? They should really air less commercials about buying gold and more about seeking mental help.
>>
>>85051

Yeah, dump le DRUMPF xDDDDD
>>
I am dreading 4 years of the press bitching about trump.

I am old enough to remember bush and regan era media and entertainment just being merciless to the conservatives.....

the ride never ends....
>>
>>84845
I think it's a journalists job to find out what's going on. So how come they couldn't find out he was leaving.
>>
>>84958
But you don't have to pander to then, fuckwit.
>>
It's gonna be fun truly having no idea what our government is doing for the next four years. Fox News will become the equivalent of RT for the Kremlin.
>>
>>84747
He could end CNN by bringing in lunatics like Alex Jones to follow him around. Imagine legitimizing infowars like that or pulling right wing media off of youtube and into the mainstream in general.
>>
>>85104
I hope we can keep an eye on their emails like we could Clintons. Once Assange puts his Clinton vendetta to bed maybe they can focus on keeping Trump's administration transparent.
>>
2008 Obama Hillary lost D
2016 trump Hillary lost R

what's wrong here its not about race now is it or party lines
>>
>>84958
Just because you're a person of public interest doesn't mean you're obligated to provide the media with an itinerary of where you're going and what you're doing. If they want the scoop, they can do the legwork to find that info out themselves.
>>
>>84895
and now everyone will laugh at CNN when ole jonesy gets a front row seat, and they're left to shit blood in anger on the white house lawn
>>
>>84747
Isn't wolf the guy who got completely and utterly destroyed in an interview with trump

What a faggot
>>
>>85051
The other networks have the exact same thing.
>>
>>85202
This.
>>
Trump pls pls pls

Milo for Press Secretary
>>
>>84747
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump didn't tell (( CNN )) where he is going for the next 4-8 years. They can hardly be called media.
>>
>>85098

they probably thought he or his staff would tell them. so it appears he didn't so the press now know they don't need to be polite to him.

real journalism is coming back friends. this administration can expect them to be firmly inside their asshole from this day on.
>>
Breitbart and Infowars will be the mouthpieces of the Trump administration. He has no need to use conventional media channels (he has his twitter!).

Fact will be even less relevant now than it was in the election.
>>
>>84986
but you're ok with it. I mean, he has been working with Steve bannor, someone who has helped white supremacists to fester and grow, and people supported him. and now, he's in the white house. You may not be racist, but you support someone who clearly has problems with this. so your personal intention doesnt matter, in this case.
>>
>>85450
>this administration can expect them to be firmly inside their asshole from this day on.
Thank god. It'll be interesting at least. You know, as he destroys the supreme court
>>85512
also this
>>
>>84914
>this is a 'there are certain rules politicians play by' thing
>Trump
>libshits still don't understand why they lost
fuck these next four yeas are going to be hilarious
>>
>>85521
if Trump truly intends to overthrow all conventions + institutions of the country, then it will only be four years if we are very lucky
>>
>>85523
>corrupt media "institution"
>Trump intending on overthrowing this is bad
lmao check out this brain-dead fuck
>>
The supreme court has been stacked. The justices are not supposed to rule with political bias, but instead interpret the constitution. Remaining neutral is not a common human quality, as most people desire to be accepted. So, with the addition of liberal justices, thanks Obama, there is a necessity to even things out with an appointment of a more conservative justice. Implying that one side of the political aisle is more correct than the other is missing the point and has been the cause of many national problems. What happened to compromise?
>>
>>84747
>be CNN.
>shit on a candidate for 18 months.
>candidate becomes president-elect.
>president elect doesn't inconvenience himself by bringing along a group of shit-tier reporters on a trip.
>instead of realizing how badly we fucked up we double down and proceed to shit on the president elect once again.

CNN going bankrupt is our best future.
>>
>>84958
the free press is essential for democracy, but we don't have a free press.

Instead we have 12-13 news/propaganda outlets owned by 5 megacorporations or billionaires.

Fuck the propagandists, news war now.
>>
>>85830
The funny thing is if you listened to a liberal about the supreme court you would think we have the most conservative court in US history.

They continue saying this even after the gay marriage ruling.
>>
Whats really sad is cnn, fox, ABC, and all the rest decide what to air based on ratings. Profit based media outlets are everywhere and do not care to show the public what we need to know, but what we want to know
>>
>>84747
>call someone a nazi for over a year
>hey why wont this guy take our calls anymore
REALLY MAKES ME THINK
>>
>>86024
Why do you spam this everywhere and what's the meaning behind that video?
>>
I wouldn't even call it news anymore. Even CNN themselves called it "Info-tainment." We're at the point that news for news sake isn't sustaining the media. Now they have to hyper focus on things like racial violence and political smearing campaigns. Which ends up getting people killed. They're reporting on one thing so much, that people are thinking, for example, white cops are out there just straight up slaying people everyday. Something that is statically the lowest it's ever been, and statistically likely to happen since by shear numbers alone, we're a very large country. And this is on all sides, but since white on black crimes are the hot topic, they churn out every instance they can find and it makes it seem like there's no other crimes happening except these, and the people have to do something about it right now. Meanwhile, the media is laughing to the bank because retaliation crimes boost the ratings even further for the other wing.

tl;dr: Does anyone else find it odd that we all base our lives on companies that have zero obligation to us except for getting us to watch whatever they air?
>>
>>84908
You know, when a president does a press conference for every shit he takes, things don't get done. These guys are scrambling to learn how the system works, and throwing together a team. Very few of them know how this works, and it's absolutely fantastic. For the first time, a president is learning how to be a president, just like when the nation started. The only difference is that the Democrats are what England was then.
>YOU SHANT TAKETH A STEP UN'TIL THE QUEEN BE NOTIFIED, AMERICAN SCUM
Trump truly is the second coming of Washington. TRUMP, ILL BE YOUR PAUL REVERE! NOTICE ME SEMPAI!
>>
>>85086
Just enjoy the ride. The press will be their bitchy selves
>>
>>86166
>we all
Blah blah blah, you know what I'm going to say.
>>
>>85521
Is letting the press know where you're going really something that you want to see upheaved?

Keeping the public informed on what the POTUS is doing is really not something that I want to see 'torn down'
>>
>>84845
>going to dinner is a matter of national importance
>>
>>86270

>President reading books to schoolkids is of national importance
>especially when it's the moment he gets told terrorists have attacked the world trade center

>president walking to his car is of national importance
>especially when some asshole tries to kill him

You never know what the fuck is going to happen, which is why the press corps follows him everywhere. Maybe at dinner he runs into an old friend and they have a nice conversation. Maybe he meets an enemy and they have a civil discussion or a fucking brawl. Maybe the literally worst happens and someone tries to kill him. You always want to be around to document this shit.
>>
>>86271
>You never know what the fuck is going to happen, which is why the press corps follows him everywhere

No, it's why secret service follows him everywhere. The president doesn't have an obligation to pander to the media. Not inviting the camera crews to be in your face 24/7 is not grounds to get pissed about.
>>
>>84860
what is that thing you guys do? accuse your enemy of your own stupid bullshit?
>>
>>86282

He doesn't have an obligation to pander, but he does have an obligation to let the American people in on his activities. The people need fast and accurate reporting that their president is safe in the event of an emergency, and they also deserve to know his general schedule and what he plans on doing. Obviously the Secret Service is far more important to keeping the man safe, but the peace of mind of the people is better served by the media.

Plus for a man who talks big on transparency, duping your press pool to go to dinner is not a good start.
>>
>>86392
>but he does have an obligation to let the American people in on his activities.

It's 2016 bro. Trump (and his staff) can keep in direct contact with us via twitter. The lügenpresse isn't needed.
>>
>>86392
If there were ever an actual emergency, Secret Service would be as good of reporters as any news outlet.
>>
>>84845
I agree with the principle, but this sounds like a really minor thing.
>>
>>86484
I think you mean much better than any news outlet

>>86328
It's the regressive left's only tactic
>>
>>86485

It's one of those "start with the wrong foot" moments. Nobody knows if this is going to be a one (two) time thing, or if it's going to be a repeat occurrence and possible escalation. I think all sides agree that the last thing anyone wants is an opaque presidency, which a protected press pool is supposed to be a (somewhat symbolic) safeguard against.
>>
>>85863

Truth
>>
>>86392
>but he does have an obligation to let the American people in on his activities.
Is this keeping up with the kardashians? I don't care if Trump is going to dinner.
>>
>>84914
Am I the only one that sees this as a evidence that investigative journalism is dead? Why is it up to the White House to keep the journos informed? How hard is it to monitor when the President moves? All I hear is "why didn't you tell us you were travelling to you're other home?!" like. a nagging mother.
>>
>>84958
>you have to tolerate them because they're essential to the democratic process.

How so? By manipulating narratives, giving half-truths and ignoring evidence and investigation? If anything this election, and the prior ones, have shown the media are nothing more than a politicized , money oriented corporations
>>
>>86612
how's highschool?
>>
>>84747
So it was all ok when Obama outlawed taking pics of him and his family on vacation, outlawing protests anywhere he can see it, and Hillary pre-screeing questions before the media's allowed to interview her?
>>
What's really funny is if CNN wants to go from New York to Washington with the president they are going to have to fly on United instead of Air Force One.

The press will also now have to go through airport security with all their fancy camera crap just like everyone else....

Poor butthurt babies...
>>
>>86621
High schoolers, if they could, would have voted Bernie for dat sweet free college.
>>
>>84845

Because it's not like the media has lost ALL credibility when their 1% chance of a Trump victory turned out to be a blatant lie.

The fact that Trump is in the seat AT ALL is a testament to their current 0% credibility. Trump no longer has to care about what they think or say, and neither should you unless you're under their payroll.
>>
>>85901
Yes, so what we need is a state based media outlet. Sounds just fucking wonderful.
>>
>>86840

Sort of what went through my head when I read >>86466.

The media should be somewhat adversarial to the government as a way of keeping it in check. When you let the government run 100% of PR, that's when they can slip shady shit under the radar. On the flip side, a media that purely contrarian is laughable, so there needs to be a good balance to this for a healthy democracy.
>>
>>85051
>>85051
This is not even true. Trump supporter here, and I stopped watching Fox News because they were so absurdly biased AGAINST him.

I bet you don't even watch the channel, or you'd know this. They were worse than MSNBC at times.
>>
>>86820
>The fact that Trump is in the seat AT ALL is a testament to their current 0% credibility.
I don't know that being wrong means they lose all credibility.
Sometimes you have a theory and you find it has some predictive value, and so you continue using it until it fails, then you ask why.
It's not feasible to have an expectation of 100% certainty at all times.
The MSM as it is today in the US remains largely the most accurate, accessible, and up-to-date, institution for keeping the electorate knowledgeable.

And we can see what happens when people don't make use of the MSM, because for whatever unreliability and profit motive exists there, alternative media is generally an order of magnitude more guilty. You get a population that believes vaccination causes autism, that anthropogenic climate change is a lie, that independent scientific and expert consensus is untrustworthy. That's not a coincidence.
>>
>>86271
By not telling the press where hes going he avoids tipping off assassins where he will be.
>>
>>85864
God damned right
>>
>>84845
He's smart enough to realize he's doing the will of the people by telling the media to FUCK OFF! If Trump had any respect for the mediatards I would see him as weak and lose respect for him. He needs to break up their monopoly on public opinion. The Media companies and cable companies need to be broken up like Reagan did to Ma Bell. Shatter their monopoly into 1000000000000 pieces.
>>
>>84883
>the fairness doctrine
Point well taken and I agree, but I don't truly believe you can legislate fairness. It's deeper than that. It's cultural.. It's da jooz! Make it ILLEGAL for jooz to own media of any kind.
>>
>>84914
Well first of all. Trump is not exactly a newbie to politics.. Second, he is definitely not a newbie to media. He knows what he's doing.. Decades of media brainwashing the people. The people are sick of being told what to think. The traditional MSM is dead, on it's way out like the dinosaurs that they are. No-one is paying attention to them anymore. Their hissy fits are entertainment because they have earned the disdain of the people.. Trump need to stay on course and just ignore these fucktards. We really hate their guts.
>>
>>84956
AMEN Brother!
>>
>>84958
Essential to the democratic process? You mean like to rig an election in favor of a democrat? Go fuck yourself with your retarded analysis! He doesn't have to tolerate them, he doesn't even have to acknowledge those idiots and I hope he never does! Democratic process my ass!
>>
>>86851
>I don't know that being wrong means they lose all credibility.
There's being wrong, and then there's getting so high on your own wrong that you call the race in September and run articles calling for Trump to drop out cause it's already over.

Stop kidding yourself. This rivaled USSR levels of propaganda, the election and the cognitive dissonance people experienced afterwards rivals its collapse.

>The MSM as it is today in the US remains largely the most accurate, accessible, and up-to-date, institution for keeping the electorate knowledgeable.
Patently false. This is why people are no longer tuning in and turning to other sources.

>alternative media is generally an order of magnitude more guilty
Again, patently false. The alternative media isn't taking huge payouts of from shadow governments and doesn't sit down with political candidates at huge expensive dinners to plan how they're going to establish a narrative to sway the election.

>You get a population that believes vaccination causes autism that anthropocentric climate change is a lie, that independent scientific and expert consensus is untrustworthy. That's not a coincidence.
Then you should have absolutely no problem providing independent scientific and expert consensus that the rise of alternative media is the cause of all of that, and not just a "coincidence".

To engage in the same level of proof you're engaging in, I would make the argument that the MSM has created a population of scared, subservient idiots who think guns cause crime, men are all rapists, white people invented slavery, and governments always have the best interest of their people at heart.

You want to hook yourself up to a kool-aid IV, you do that. Lashing out at everyone for not mainlining it with you isn't going to work. Most people, thankfully, simply don't believe in your shit anymore.
>>
>>84965
They were not very critical of the democrat candidate.. You're an idiot..
>>
>>85051
Are you retarded? Dod you even watch FAUX "news" It's the most liberal news out there.. I had to stop watching it. There are literally ZERO news outlets with a truly conservative streak.. Even talk radio serves it's jew masters.. Who are you kidding?
>>
>>85234
LOL! Yep!
>>
>>85901
WRONG! They tell us what THEY want us to know or think or believe.. That's all there is to it. They inject their own bias, not the public's bias. Or popular public opinion. It's called brainwashing, Get a clue.
>>
>>86166
Yes anaon. This is why the media and cable companies need to be broken up into tiny little pieces. So that there is competition and differences in opinion out there.. a million news outlets owned by just 5 or 6 mega corporations is't a good formula for spreading information, of any kind. Break them up!
>>
>>84958
>you have to tolerate them because they're essential to the democratic process.
Not at all true. The last election proved that beyond all doubt. If we listened to the media we would be saying, "Yes, Madam President."
MSM needs to leave.
>>
>>86271

There isn't anything in the Constitution saying the president needs to inform the press of every little thing he does. There is only a right to freedom of the press. Just because the 24/7 news channels want to run a panel of 6 talking heads every time the president runs to the shitter doesn't mean they are obligated to a press release.
>>
******NEWS UPDATE FLASH!!!!!*****
That damn Spiderman has stopped sending me pictures of himself committing nefarious deeds! How am I supposed to report the news if they all don't do what I tell them to do! Dammit I'm a newsman! I shouldn't have to go outside my office to fake the news! How dare they make me go outside where reality doesn't always match my expectations!
Dammit are they even paying attention to me?!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>87078
You miss the point. The president is obligated to inform the press core of his location in case of emergencies to hopefully avoid false reports regarding his safety. It has literally nothing to do with programming schedules, it's a matter of security.
>>
>>87138
WUT?

Obligated to inform the press in case of emergency?

That is the stupidest shit i've ever heard.

The press in no way is responsible or capable of effecting the president's well being. Why do we even have the secret service or the United states Army then?

And if you mean in order to quell public panic then again, WTF?! Who gives a shit. I wish this country would panic for once......we have grown decadent & soft.....UGH.
>>
>>87138
I call bullshit.
>>
>>87138
>The president is obligated to inform the press core of his location in case of emergencies to hopefully avoid false reports regarding his safety.

People don't need or want 24/7 news coverage of the president, and the press is irrelevant in regards to the President's security.

Threatening to release false reports about the president's death if you're not in on all of his daily plans is the equivalent of your significant other threatening suicide if you break up with them. Which is only partially why what you've just said is supreme bullshit.

Go to bed.
>>
We no longer need the "protective press". Its a new day and Trump can speak directly to us; and I know he will. I think we all realize now that the press always gets it wrong and messes everything up with their wishful delusions. I don't want my senile old aunt telling me what Trump is going to do especially since I know she hates Trump and she hates me too. Trump has direct access to us and the press can go crochet their doilies in the corner for all I care.
>>
We need a renaissance of independent investigative journalism and the corporate controlled media can go bye bye.
>>
You cant say that they did not bring their demise onto themselves. They went full on balls to the walls in desperation and we all saw it. It cant be unseen now. Awkward.
>>
>>87331
I completely agree, as long as the word "investigative" is not left out. Of course, it's often left out for the MSM today, so no harm done either way.
>>
Only news that confirm my biases should be allowed
>>
>>84747

THE MEDIA MACHINE IS BLEEDING TO DEATH
>>
i get why people are not upset by this, or even derisive. (especially the dum-dums who voted for the dum-dum.)
but ditching the press pool as an incoming president is a major breach of tradition and only reaffirms what we already know -- trump has no interest in transparency.
>>
>>84747

Well, I'm sure Wolf Blitzer knows all about protocols.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.