[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Brooklyn, a Clinton Sign Joins a Collection Dedicated to 'Monument

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1476903610422.jpg (1MB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
1476903610422.jpg
1MB, 1400x933px
“It’s good to think about this country’s complicated history right now,” artist Nina Katchadourian told Hyperallergic, just a few minutes before she placed the 2016 addition to her “Monument to the Unelected” installation on the lawn of the Lefferts Historic House in Prospect Park. It’s the project’s 59th sign created for the runner-up to every American presidential campaign.

The structure itself, an 18th-century Dutch farmhouse, is a reminder of the long, complex societal history of New York City, especially as two candidates with deep connections in the area conclude their turbulent campaign. Today’s dreary weather and small, quiet group of reporters contributed to a somber mood as Katchadourian placed a sign emblazoned with “I’m with Hillary 2016” on the rebar poles in the ground.

As Hrag Vartanian reported earlier this week for Hyperallergic, she started the project in 2008, including the runners-up from that election (McCain/Palin), and revisited it in 2012 (Romney/Ryan). “I’m really committed to showing this four years from now, no matter what,” she added, although noted that this year it was “more timely than ever.” The ultimate goal of the project, which she describes as “politically neutral,” is to “think about what we’ve done, and think about it again.”

Indeed, it’s tempting to imagine a different reality when instead of the Clinton sign is one for Trump. Each of the signs represents another path for the country, whether an Al Gore victory in 2000, or Aaron Burr in 1800. “Monument to the Unelected” will stay on view this weekend, where pedestrians walking down Flatbush Avenue, spying the work through the fence, or visitors within Prospect Park, can witness this visual narrative of American alternate histories.

http://hyperallergic.com/336845/nina-katchadourian-adds-hillary-clinton-unelected-monument/
>>
This could make a good zombie movie. Here lies suicided candidate supporters rising to tear down the capitol
>>
>>84232
"Romney yan 2012"

They didn't think that sign through very well. No wonder they lost.
>>
Some hillary supporter will probably vandalize their yard in a triggered shitfit.
>>
>>84232
All fagging aside, I rather like the idea of a monument to the unelected
>>
>>84433
Trump supporters would've done the same thing if he lost.
>>
>>84451
Maybe that is just speculation at this point since he won unless you would like to submit evidence to back up your claim.
>>
>>84451
Just like Romney or McCain supporters did in all the major cities when Obama won, eh?
>>
>>84446
Seconding this. I can't see myself doing that at my house but I think it's a neat idea.
>>
>>84625
Romney and McCain didn't enjoy the same cult-of-personality and wasn't egging his supporters on to protest and violence
>>
>>84482
It's been liberals vandalizing/stealing Trump signs this whole election cycle. I'm not sure I've seen one reported example of the reverse.

Just like you never heard of any Trump supporters showing up to disrupt Bernie/Hillary rallies.
>>
>>84677
>wasn't egging his supporters on to protest and violence

In all fairness Trump kinda did the same thing.

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” Mr. Trump said, as the crowd began to boo. He quickly added: “Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”

t. voted for trump
>>
>>84698
He was telling them to vote and they did.
>>
>>84700
You're right... Maybe mainstream media has affected me more than I thought.
>>
>>84700
She would only get to pick her justices after she won, so that's nonsensical.
It's nonsensical anyway, of course he was opining for the idea that she could be shot; this sort of rhetoric is not exactly uncommon banter for conservatives, joking or otherwise, and he saw an opportunity to exploit that.
>>
>>84679
>Just like you never heard of any Trump supporters showing up to disrupt Bernie/Hillary rallies.

Yes, trump supporters are saints and Hillary supporters are demons, That is what I too have taken away from this election cycle.

Or is that not your point?
>>
>>84625
So far people have protested Trumps fitness for president. no one is saying "you literally can't be president because you weren't born in this country".

Point being there are many ways to demean the office of the president and if protesting the president is one, then questioning his eligibility is certainly one as well.
>>
>>84724
I just wish Trump would stop egging them on. The election is over, there's no need to continue being divisive. I'm starting to worry thatit wasn'tan act and he really is as immature as he seems.
>>
>>84723
I'm just saying what I observed. And what I observed was liberals acting like petulant children, vandalizing property, disrupting and shutting down rallies, and basically demonizing half of America for supporting a mainstream political candidate. I did not not observe the reverse happening anywhere near as much.
>>
>>84232

>George McGovern

Holy fuck the DNC hasn't changed in almost 50 fucking years.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.