[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unintended Consequences of Wikileaks Email Dumps: Harder to Fight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: GettyImages-133202127.jpg (33KB, 582x437px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-133202127.jpg
33KB, 582x437px
"Want to Know Julian Assange’s Endgame? He Told You a Decade Ago"
https://www.wired.com/2016/10/want-know-julian-assanges-endgame-told-decade-ago/
>“The more secretive or unjust an organization is, the more leaks induce fear and paranoia in its leadership and planning coterie. This must result in minimization of efficient internal communications mechanisms (an increase in cognitive ‘secrecy tax’) and consequent system-wide cognitive decline resulting in decreased ability to hold onto power as the environment demands adaptation.”

however, when one confuses "secretive" for "unjust" you forget that sometimes the powers that be are unjust and the people fighting for justice are the ones who have to be secretive.

WikiLeaks Dump Method: Sociologist Says Not All Leaked Passes Public Interest Test
http://www.npr.org/2016/10/22/498954190/wikileaks-dump-method-destroys-privacy-sociologist-says-not-all-leaked-pass-publ
>there's a lot of personal information that is being exposed. What this does - and this is what scares me - is that this method is going to be used in the future to any political organization - dissident organizations - that are trying to challenge power. And what they're going to end up seeing is that their personal information is going to be dumped for the world.
>It looks like the method that started as a way to bring more challenge to secretive elites is actually now evolving into a method that is going to be very destructive to the ecology of dissent.
>>
i wonder what our descendants will think of julian. i think he will go in history as some kind of hero or at least positive figure
>>
>>80443
You kidding? Him and Snowden will get a negative footnote in history books, if anything. The country is full of too many patriotic morons to let what they did slide.
>>
>>80443

history will be rewritten by the (((winners)))
>>
>>80427
Are they talking about the uprisings in the middle east? Because all those rebels are assholes that want to implement Sharia law.
>>
>this method is going to be used in the future to any political organization - dissident organizations - that are trying to challenge power

And yet the content is the only thing the people are reacting to. If there's nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear! :^)
>>
>>80464
>que red-faced NSA/FBI/CIA/Google executives
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.