[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unable To Name A Foreign Leader, Gary Johnson Has Another 'Aleppo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: johsnon.jpg (5KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
johsnon.jpg
5KB, 150x150px
http://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495896880/watch-unable-to-name-a-foreign-leader-gary-johnson-has-another-aleppo-moment

>Asked to name his favorite foreign leader, or any foreign leader he admires, Libertarian nominee for president Gary Johnson was unable to come up with an answer.

>The exchange occurred on an MSNBC town hall hosted by Chris Matthews Wednesday night.

>When Johnson hesitated at the initial question, Matthews said, "Go ahead, you gotta do this. Anywhere. Any continent. Canada, Mexico, Europe, over there, Asia, South America, Africa. Name a foreign leader that you respect."
>It continued:

> Johnson: I guess I'm having an Aleppo moment in the former president of Mexico.

> Matthews: But I'm giving you the whole world.

> Johnson: I know, I know, I know.

> Matthews: But I'm giving you the whole world. Anybody in the world you like. Anybody. Pick any leader.

> Johnson: The former president of Mexico.

> Matthews: Which one?

> Johnson: I'm having a brain ... "

>Johnson's running mate, vice presidential nominee Bill Weld, sat next to him and eventually jumped in to offer the name of former Mexican President Vicente Fox.
>>
This is what happens when you smoke weed, kids
>>
A libertarian who knows nothing about the world outside of murika? Never happens.
>>
Not even Justin Trudeau? This is fucking pathetic.
>>
VLADMIR
PUTIN
>>
>>75479
literally this
Gary was probably stoned as guck
I know I would be if I had to sit in a room full of boring ass old people and answer dumbshit questions
jill stein 2016
>>
>>75458
Everyone's giving this guy shit, but he wasn't asked to name a foreign leader, period. It was one that he admired.

Shit, who the hell would admire the president of Mexico? Mexican politicians are only in the news for some new scandal or another, and rarely mentioned by name in the headlines. Unlike, say, Merkle who no one should look up to at this point. How many of us could actually name five U.S. politicians they admire?
>>
Libertarianism confirmed for damaging your brain
>>
>>76907
This.
>>
>>76907
So you're saying his Aleppo moment was due to a sudden strike of honesty?

In a career politician.
>>
>>76907
I can't name a single politician I admire anywhere in this entire world.
>>
>>76949
Jorge Mujica was pretty damn based
>>
>>76971
>Jorge Mujica
>donated 90% of paycheck
>A former urban guerrilla fighter with the Tupamaros, he was imprisoned for 13 years during the military dictatorship in the 1970s and 1980s
> In March 1970 Mujica was gunned down while resisting arrest at a Montevideo bar; he injured two policemen and was in turn shot six times.
>He was among the more than 100 Tupamaros who escaped Punta Carretas Prison in September 1971 by digging a tunnel from inside the prison that opened up at the living room of a nearby home
>In all, he spent 13 years in captivity. During the 1970s and 1980s, this included being confined to the bottom of an old, emptied horse-watering trough for more than two years

Truly based
>>
Jeeeeeesus. Nowhere did he say MODERN leader, just say Winston Churchill and be done with it. Everyone knows who he is, everyone knows what he did, easy low ball.

How is it possible that no one in America can offer a sane, not-evil, smart candidate?
>>
The fucking retard couldn't even try to spin it for bonus burger points and say some shit about not being able to admire any current leaders because USA USA USA
>>
>>75458
JUST SAY THE POPE
>>
>>76984
well modern times libertard / feminazi / whatever movement paint churchill to be a total racist garbage so he couldn't have said that one, since it would drive away even the last of his libertard supporters
>>
To be fair, I think he eventually named Merkel. After struggling to remember any Mexican president's name...
>>
>>76949
>>76907
I admire Gary Johnson
>>
>>77040
>>77040
I don't think anyone knows the names of Mexican presidents because nobody cares
>>
>>75458
Jesus, I'm pretty stupid and even I could have come with Francoise Hollande and said some bullshit about leadership in tough times.
>>
LOlberatrians are stupid? We already knew.
>>
>>77187
And what exactly is a lolberatrian?

Apparently school has failed me as I've never seen this smart-people-only word before
>>
>>76907
This.
Now everyone will look at the headline of
>"Unable To Name A Foreign Leader, Gary Johnson Has Another 'Aleppo Moment' (w/video) "
. keep the fact that Gary Johnson is an uneducated idiot in the back of their minds, then continue to do stupid shit.
>>
>>77192

LOLbertarian is the autistic belief in the magic qualities of the market to replace sound political decisions and just take care of everything. Is like Live action roleplaying games. But for adults and without elves and dragons.
>>
>>76899
>"I'm going sober now that I'm running"
>A few months in, there's times when' he looks high as a kite, and other times he looks like he's going through severe withdrawl symptoms.

He blew it. Yes, pun also intended.
>>
>>76984
Bill Weld said Shimon Peres and Chris Matthews was like "hurr i mean alive lol'
>>
>>77040
>To be fair, I think he eventually named Merkel

Which costed him my vote. Fuck Kaiserin Merkel.
>>
>>77159
Mexican prez is literally the Cartels Bitch anyway.
>>
>>77215
>Cannabis
>Withdrawal
Jesus Christ are you literally twelve years old?
>>
>>76907
If he didn't know any foreign leader he admired he should have just fucking said that there isn't really anyone he can think of that he really admires or looks up to. Then he could have segwayed into explaining why he was different than other world leaders and talk about his views on foreign policy

Seriously, that would have been based as fuck and he would have gotten him tons of good press. Instead he just made himself look like a fucking alzheimer's patient again. You can give all the reasons you want for it, but in the end the dude is still a fucking wet blanket.

Every politician fucks up when they're being asked questions. Most do it frequently, which is why they often avoid direct answers. The good ones are the ones that can see their fucking up and re-orient their response so that it actually makes them look good.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.