[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oculus Rift founder Palmer Luckey spends fortune backing pro-Trump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: 1600.jpg (45KB, 1240x744px) Image search: [Google]
1600.jpg
45KB, 1240x744px
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/23/oculus-rift-vr-palmer-luckey-trump-shitposts

>Palmer Luckey, the creator of Facebook’s Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, is the secret backer of a pro-Donald Trump organisation aiming to turn the tide of the US election through “meme magic” and “shitposting”.

>The group, Nimble America, was publicly unveiled last week on r/The_Donald, the portion of social news site Reddit dedicated to supporting the Republican candidate. In its introduction to the world, now deleted, a moderator wrote “What we’ve been able to accomplish here has been amazing and much bigger than any of us and certainly much bigger than Reddit.

>“We’ve proven that shitposting is powerful and meme magic is real. So many of you have asked us, how we can bring this to real life.”

Dear God
>>
>/pol/ accuses hillary posters of being shills
>trump posters are actual shills
the irony.
>>
>>74648
Bob Mercer is doing the same thing.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/08/25/rachel-maddow-explains-money-man-behind-both-breitbart-news-and-trump-campaign/212685
>>
>>74655
>CTR doesn't exist
Also, he isn't being paid by Trump to do this. He is doing it on his own free will.
CTR is taking that dank foundation money to shill.
>>
>>74669
Trump has many different CTR-tier shill orgs of his own. Just ask Roger Stone.
>>
the oculus board on leddit is on full meltdown. Everyone is freaking out because they think trump is the devil and are boycotting oculus but they are too stupid to remember that facebook owns oculus and donates millions to hillary.
>>
>>74670
None of which are being funded by Trump.
All of them are either created via group support, e.g. /pol/ and reddit, or private independents who support him.
>>
>>74672
>None of which are being funded by Trump.
What does it matter who funds it? Billionaires fund other billionaires.
>>
>>74680
Because, it shows Trump can stimulate an actual voter base of support, so much so people spend money for him without even asking.
Do you see Hillary rallies? she's lucky to get ~300-400 people in even the most populated cities.
While Trump goes to some backwater town and pulls 30k people.
>>
>>74648

Wait.

Since when am I being paid? Where has this shitpost money been all my life?
>>
>>74684
>so much so people spend money for him without even asking
Oh please. Candidates never have to ask. That's Reince's job.
>>
>>74680
There is fuck all in the election that is funded by Trump.
He started by saying he was so rich he would fund his own election.
In reality, he takes donations and uses them to fund his kids, to pay for campaign HQ's in Trump buildings (with rent increasing monthly).
While avoiding paying his debts and paying his own debts from charitable donations to his foundation.
>>
>>74685
same as white privelage it doesnt actually exist
>>
>>74699
>being legitimately retarded
Shocking.
>>
>>74703
>
back to leeddit, kiddo
>>
>>74691
Nice sources, friendo
>>
>>74703
W h e r e can I cash in my white priv bux?
>>
>>74707
Pay attention - not my job to link you to the many reports out there.
Remember Google is your friend. That is only if you are prepared to have an open mind, else Google (or any other search engine) will be useless to you.
None so blind etc
>>
>>74706
>has no argument
>tells me to go to Trump community
Random.

>>74708
Epic random, bro.
>>
>>74648
>through “meme magic” and “shitposting”.
so this is the faggot we have to blame
>>
>>74720
>reddit
>trump
kek
>>
hes doing more harm then help,

one of the good things about trump is that he doesnt need paid shills, unlike hillary.

i wonder if its intentional.

>connection error
stop this
>>
>>74725
>he didn't read the article, and didn't even read OP's post
>>
>>74671
Trying not to go full blog, but i love how consumerism is now so fucking incestuously linked to people emotions, like if a brand you like supports the wrong side of something (not even doing anything wrong like polluting or funding fucking terrorism) everyone throws a shit fit.
It's like companies don't just exist to sell you shit and people act like they're their best friends or pets or some shit.
>>
>>74768
sometimes they start with an idea. An idea the creator wants the people to have for the betterment of humankind. Then the idea needs to be funded so more people are brought in. The idea gains traction and goes into production now they're making money. These people like money so they market more then keep rebranding the same product every ten months telling everyone it's something new. Soon enough their loyal following of pigs at the trough will want something new so they have to lobby for more power and make backroom deals solidifying their monopoly on the product so now it doesn't matter what shit you feed your piggies because they'll just eat it anyways until you slaughter them raising their children with the same hope that the next product will be something different.
>>
>>74655
No shit dude. They claim to be "woke" or whatthefuckever but in actuality they cant detect shilling. Yeah, CTR is real no shit Hillary is a a cunt but so is Trumps Shilling. Otherwise he wouldn't be doing shit like retweeting pepe. Fuckin idiots.
>>
>>74685
He does it for free!
>>
>>74739
>reading an article from the guardian

>>74768
it's also pretty funny how this is what made people hate palmer. not the constant lies, not the sellout, but liking something that has nothing to do with virtual reality.
>>
>>74770
please refer to
>>74684
>>74672
There is a significant difference between CTR and Trump"shills"
He doesn't even define how the money is being spent.
>>
>>74769
I wouldn't have written that like i was the head of Stalin's communications, but i agree; the thing is is that companies have always done that because yay money, but I swear this generation (fuck i hate writing that) honestly WANTS to buy into consumerism. I guess that's the result of twitter and facebook/internet in general making advertising and content one and the same?
>>74780
That's the norm now really.
>>
why do people give a shit? it doesn't change that he makes some sweet tech
>>
>>74796
>Oculus Rift
>sweet tech

Literally can't think of the last Rift-related piece of media. I think there was like one game? And then Vive came out.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.