[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump backs off 'birther' rumor, falsely accuses Clinton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 1

File: 1457266861998.jpg (51KB, 540x340px) Image search: [Google]
1457266861998.jpg
51KB, 540x340px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN11M1F3

>Republican Donald Trump finally acknowledged that President Barack Obama was born in the United States, but accused Hillary Clinton of starting the so-called birther controversy, a charge that independent fact-checking sites have said is false.

I think this quote best sums up my feelings on this year's election:
>"I'm wondering when this country is going to awaken from this reality show"
>>
>>72780
>le hillary didn't start it!!!!
>it was just her team without her oversight, just like the emails

If Hillary can't control her fucking team why do you think she can run the USA?
>>
>>72782
checkmate Z!
>>
He's been calling for the overthrow of a constitutionally elected president for the last 5 years and all he can say about it is "should I not have done that?". What a moron.
>>
Just because Obama was elected President does not make him a good person.
>>
>>72798
Yea, because that's never happened before, and is totally not something that should happen in a representational democracy.

Protip: you liberals did the same thing to bush.
>>
>>72780
>falsely accuses Clinton of starting it
She did though, I remember people getting mad at her for it back in 2008 when her shitty campaign was dropping dead.
>>
>>72803
Prove it.
>>
>>72805
In 2008 she campaigned on Obama's "Americaness". One of her campaign staffers was responsible for leaking the image of obongo in muslim garb. There's obviously distain for Obama between the Clintons, and she is definitely backpeddling from her role in this. Trump did what he did, but so did Hillary.
>>
>>72826
Link to something more concrete would be bit better anon
>>
>>72828
Don't have a specific link, but go on this guy's twitter and look through it. He retweeted a bunch of stuff from other surrogates this morning.

https://twitter.com/Ricky_Vaughn99

/pol/ made a comprehensive list of sources and videos, but I can't find it atm.
>>
>>72828
Her campaign made public a photo of him in some Muslim looking garb. That's it. She didn't "start" anything. Cowards clearly deflecting.
>>
>>72805
How about her senior campaign advisor Sid Blumenthal, who later had to be blocked from getting a job at the state department since Obama hated him so much, and instead got a gig working at the Clinton Foundation, who directly pushed this exact attack line against Obama during the campaign?

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article102354777.html
>>
>>72805

Use Google search tools to search for dates that fall in the democratic primary. It's not hard, I just did it and there's plenty of results but I'm not doing your homework for you.
>>
>>72838
Did you even read that story? It was one legit staffer and a fucking volunteer.

You're stretching, and if you don't realize it you're an idiot.
>>
>>72838
“At the time of Mr. Blumenthal’s conversation with me, there had been a few news articles published in various outlets reporting on rumors about Obama’s birthplace."

How exactly did they "start it" if it was already a thing.
>>
>>72841
They pushed it years before Trump, I think is the point of all this, so the story that everyone wants to push about Trump being a big meanie pants is harder to shove out into the ether when the Clinton campaign was also directly involved in this exact same topic.

>>72840
>staffer
Do you actually not know who Sid Blumenthal is, and yet attempt to comment on any political matter concerning the Clintons
>>
>>72836
>Okay Clinton tried to gin up a bunch of stories about how Obama isn't American 6 years ago, BUT SHE DIDN'T START IT

Semantics won't put lipstick on this pig, so I don't understand why anyone wants to even talk about it since it makes everyone look stupid.
>>
>>72847
There isn't any pig, cletus. Why is every republican talking point based on a misportrayal or a half-truth?
>>
>>72780
>awaken

the dream is now and forever
>>
>>72780
>Bb-but teacher! SHE STARTED IT!!

LOL. Ok, but Hillary shut her mouth when it was wise to do so. Big difference.
>>
>>72857
>Getting into a political fight over something you're guilty of too

wew lad
>>
Sid Blumenthal, Hillaries long time advisor, started the rumor.
>>
>>72780
>Falsely
He said it was her campaign that did it, and they did.
>>
>>72802
>Protip: you liberals did the same thing to bush.
For actual reasons that weren't a race-based asspulls, though.
>>
>>72880

So -your- party can lie as long as it's about white people?
>>
>>72885
No one said bush wasn't native born, we said he was a dumb ass for invading Iraq the way we did
>>
>>72803
>As PolitiFact and Fact-check.org both explain, there is absolutely no evidence that Clinton or her campaign were the source of the idea, though it did spread among some of her supporters during the 2008 primary
From Time
>>
>>72826
The Telegraph says her supporters circulated the email. Not her campaign. Trump would bring it up again in 2011
>>
Trump 2016 Make America Great Again.

polls now have trump +8 points nationally for the election and the delta-V plot shows him at +22 by the time voting day comes.

suck it, you bitches.
>>
>>72829
>posting a twitter account as proof
Just a bunch of conspiracy theories and pepe. Do you believe everything you read, anon?
>>
Should we really be calling him a Republican?
Or would deluded extremist tycoon be a better fit?
>>
>>72863
No he didn't. Where do you people get this shit from?
>>
The only winning move is not to vote.
>>
Hilary DID start the Birther thing when she ran for Dem Pres nomination in 2008! And he probably is not a native born American. We never saw a Birth certificate! We saw a Report of Live Birth Abroad. I have one of those AND a UK Birth certificate - I was born in Bermuda of a military serving father. F*ck obama, clinton and anybody stupid enough to vote for either one.

I'd still like to see the actual Birth certificate! and not some reissued certificate of birth certificate.
>>
>>72914
Obama was born in Hawaii. Get over it. There is no evidence against the cotrary, or that hillary strated it.
>reissued birth certificate is not valid
It is, and you need to move on. The idiots are the ones who still think a moron like Trump is qualified for the most powerful office in the world
>>
>>72892
This may be true but it's better than voting for satan
>>
>>72888
>As websites with a documented pro-Clinton bias explain, there is absolutely no evidence that Clinton or her campaign were the source of the idea, though it did spread among some of her supporters during the 2008 primary

FTFY

>>72920
>There is no evidence against the cotrary, or that hillary strated it.
There's actually plenty.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/feb/25/barackobama.hillaryclinton
>Barack Obama's campaign team today accused Hillary Clinton's beleaguered staff of mounting a desperate dirty tricks operation by circulating a picture of him in African dress, feeding into false claims on US websites that he is a Muslim.

But, since you'll inevitably bitch abut the Guardian.

http://www.politico.com/story/2011/04/birtherism-where-it-all-began-053563
>Just when it appeared that public interest was fading, celebrity developer Donald Trump has revived the theory that President Barack Obama was born overseas and helped expose the depth to which the notion has taken root—a New York Times poll Thursday found that a plurality of Republicans believe it.
>If you haven’t been trolling the fever swamps of online conspiracy sites or opening those emails from Uncle Larry, you may well wonder: Where did this idea come from? Who started it? And is there a grain of truth there?
>The answer lies in Democratic, not Republican politics, and in the bitter, exhausting spring of 2008. At the time, the Democratic presidential primary was slipping away from Hillary Clinton and some of her most passionate supporters grasped for something, anything that would deal a final reversal to Barack Obama. (See: Bachmann: Birther issue settled)

This is Hillary's baby. Time to own up.
>>
>>72937
>This is Hillary's baby
Am I taking fucking crazy pills? Trump has repeatedly brought up and made wild claims (IE lied) about Obama's birth certificate for fucking years. And it's Hillary's fault?

So that time Trump said Obama wasn't born in the US and Obama invited him to the White House Correspondent's dinner and humiliated him while simultaneously killing Bin Laden, never happened?

That time Trump said he dispatched private investigators and they "cannot believe what they're finding"
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/07/trump-sends-investigators-to-hawaii-to-look-into-obama/
That never happened?

All those interviews, all those tweets, over the period of fucking YEARS and it's Hillary's fault?

He race baited and lied and made an enormous ass out of himself for over half a decade, that didn't occur?

The tweets that are still up on his fucking twitter http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/09/16/donald_trump_s_birther_tweets_in_order.html , aren't real?

It was actually Hillary Clinton the whole time. Are you people fucking serious?
>>
>>72945
>Hillary and her campaign first make it big in 2008
>Trump picks up on it in 2011
>Trump started it and not hillary

http://www.politico.com/story/2011/04/birtherism-where-it-all-began-053563

Would you like someone to come read the article to you?

>It was actually Hillary Clinton the whole time. Are you people fucking serious?
Yes. Trump picked up the theory after Clinton already tried to run with it. This is, again, why theres no record of Trump going on about this before 2011, three years after Clinton and her campaign tried to use it.

This is evidently Clinton's baby. There is no way around it. Time to face facts.
>>
>>72945
Also
>Am I taking fucking crazy pills?
Yes.
>>
>>72951
>Would you like someone to come read the article to you?
The article correctly identifies the roots of the birther idiocy starting in 2004 when Obama started to become prominent. It also mentions "Clinton supporters", Hillary Clinton isn't directly tied to any of it.

Clinton never personally called into question Obama's place of birth or citizenship, only his upbringing during the primary.

Trump made himself, personally, repeatedly, the champion of birtherism.

This is Trumps baby, he wrestled it from the hands of ignorant racists and held it high and proudly over his head for five fucking years. It's all his.
>>
>>72896
From reporters that say he did.

http://www.noquarterusa.net/blog/79319/confessions-hillary-insider/
>>
BREAKING: FOUND FOOTAGE OF HILLARY REFUSING TO ACKNOWLEDGE OBAMA BORN IN USA

https://youtu.be/Ns7ocpRhDD8?t=3m48s

absolutely despicable
>>
>>72951

It's really pathetic how you hold on to "Hillary started it" like that's gonna save face for Trump, who kept going, and pushing it, and ran it into the ground for YEARS, looking like a fool the whole time.

Trump fucked up, like he always does, because he's a moron. Deal with it.
>>
>>72958
>Hillary Clinton isn't directly tied to any of it.
>Clinton never personally called into question Obama's place of birth or citizenship, only his upbringing during the primary.
Keep telling yourself that., maybe one day it'll come true.

>This is Clinton's baby, she wrestled it from the hands of ignorant racists and then Trump came along and stole her thunder. HOW DARE HE!

FTFY.

Back to reality, anytime you'd like kiddo. We'll be waiting.
>>
>>72967
have any footage of Clinton claiming Obama isn't a citizen, a tweet?
>>
>>72965
This is just a video of donald trump on colbrt's new show....
>>
>>72937
>anyone with a different opinion is a shill. I only trust breitbart and fox

>guardian
Calling him a Muslim, and calling him Kenyan are two different things
>politico
Your quote says nothing about it being circulated by her campaign, only her supporters.

You're still wrong. Deal with it
>>
>>72937
Circulating a picture of Obama wearing local garb while visiting is not 'Stating he was not born in the U.S.'.
>>
>>72780
I support Trump. I really do.

However the guy just needs to say "hey, I fucked up and I own up to it."

And move on. But he keeps shooting himself In the foot by adding more and more shit on top.

JUST STFU MAN. Lol
>>
>>73011
Why would he do that when he could pull a brilliant bait and switch on the media instead?

You clearly know nothing about how the God Emperor works.
>>
>>72885
>trying to act like Bush wasn't hated by both sides of the aisle

Trumpcuck mental gymnastics are amazing.
>>
>>72966
nailed it

>>72967
Sad!
>>
Tt
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzYVwVR-Rek
>CNN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmpTXfUpb3I
>MSBC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsnNcnSGm3U
>FOX

>It wasn't SHillary!!! Just her chief strategist and her top aids who started it, they did it without her approval or knowledge.

Yeah sure...
>>
Why are so many against third party voting? Jill Stein is an excellent candidate
>>
>>73074
Because they don't think they can change the status quo, and then by that very thought they sacrifice their agency.
>>
We have more power than what we think! Imagine what would happen if everyone decided to claim themselves exempt for a year.
>>
#thenannystate #fixyourownfinancialcrisis
>>
>>73226
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/birther-movement-founder-trump-clinton-228304
>No, Clinton didn't start the birther thing. This guy did.
>>
>>72880

>it's race based
>even though Democrats tried saying McCain was ineligible because he was born on a base in Panama
>even though Obama himself told people he was born in Kenya and so did his book

You really drank that kool-aid, didn't you?
>>
>>73353
>>even though Democrats tried saying McCain was ineligible because he was born on a base in Panama
How the fuck is that race based you reactionary retard?
>Obama himself told people he was born in Kenya
[citation needed]
>>
>>73360
The point he was making; you paint huffing mong; is that it wasn't race based; they didn't do it because Obama was a nig and dems didn't do the same to McCain because he was a cracker
>>
Even if Hillary "started it", I still feel that there's still a distinction here. At worst, she started it to undermine Obama's campaign at a point when it made sense to do so. Grimy, but that's just war. Donald unironically pursued this false lead to the ends of the Earth like a fucking moron, and *just* got around to letting it go. So, as usual, Hillary looks crooked and Donald just looks dumb.
>>
>>73497

She started it, he finished it.

Obama should thank him.
>>
>>73505
>She light the bonfire, he dump barrels of gasoline on it
Fixd
>>
>>73226
Calling someone a muslim, and claiming someone isn't American are two different things
>>
>>73226
Also, I don't remember Hilary inciting her supporters to call him a Muslim. She called his upbringing into question. Trump, on the other hand, has incited violence multiple times
>>
>>72780
>falsely accuses
Shillary spotted.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.