[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mattress Company Condemned for ‘Tasteless’ 9/11 Commercial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: mattress-005[1].jpg (1MB, 6459x2634px) Image search: [Google]
mattress-005[1].jpg
1MB, 6459x2634px
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mattress-company-condemned-tasteless-9-223426110.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2gj5Gc

A Texas mattress company has sparked intense outrage after it aired a commercial promoting its “Twin Tower sale,” which ended with a pair of employees toppling two towers of mattresses, days before the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

Many people lashed out at the company, calling their promotion “disgusting” and offensive and saying Miracle Mattress should go out of business over the ad. The company issued a statement saying, “We are very sorry we have offended you.”

“Our intentions were not to hurt anyone at all,” the statement said. “Our staff is full of military and some relatives have passed away due to 9/11. We are promoters of peace and love. We have given abundantly to our community here in San Antonio and wish to remain known as a company who respects and loves others. We hope you find it in your hearts to forgive us. Please accept our apology.”

Mike Bonanno, who owns Miracle Mattress, said in a separate statement that he would hold his employees “accountable” for the “serious lapse of decency.” “I say this unequivocally, with sincere regret: The video is tasteless and an affront to the men and women who lost their lives on 9/11.”
>>
>>71489
>Its just a prank bro! Here's the camera!
>>
Of course, they did this on purpose. No such thing as bad publicity.

I don't really care either way. Companies try to sensationalize shit all the time. The best thing to do would be to ignore them rather than fueling the fire.
>>
Honestly, fair play to them for having the balls to go there.
Seems South Park is right on their law of 15 years being long enough for tragic events to to be funny!
>>
I liked the ad tbh fam
>>
>>71499
It's never going to be funny to joke about the deaths of innocents. If you ever think so, then you should know that your sense of humor is complete shit.
>>
>>71516
No
U
>>
>>71516
>TRIGGERED
>TRIGGERED
>TRIGGERED

I found jokes about the 9/11 funny after 4 years. Fucking pointless loss of life starts a fucking pointless war. Politicians use the war and fear mongering to profit off the military industrial complex and score brownie points to be reelected. Companies joining the band wagon starts selling ultra nationalistic merchandise and profit as well.

How can you not poke fun at how fucking ludicrous it was?
>>
Mattress salespeople are literally the scum of the earth, so this doesn't surprise me.
>>
>>71538
No replies.... I give you sir

/thread
>>
>>71516
yet we have constant jokes about the American civil war, World War 1, World War 2, Forrest Gump had a comedic foray into Vietnam. One of the longest-running sitcoms on Television was about army medics who had seen so much death and misery that they had become numb to it.

Maybe the problem is you bro, I dunno.
>>
How about some subway?? 2 foot longs for $9.11
>>
Holy shit I wanna buy their mattress now.
>>
Sure, in the country where everybody have to pray to tricolour piece of cloth (no, I don't mean North Korea) there is obligatory to be outraged by 9-11 jokes - and it doesn't matter if you really feel that way. Self-censorship is way too similar to post-war Russia when Stalin ruled. Yep, land of the free....
>>
9/11 always pissed me off.

How can America, being such a warmongering country, expect to gain sympathy or pity for the loss of fewer than 3000 people.

It shows disgusting levels of hypocrisy and self delusion.
>>
>>71818
One American is worth 100 brown foreigners. It's like we lost 300,000 that day.

Never forget.
>>
>>71826

Even with your fancy math my point still stands. Civilians killed by American forces number in millions, and that's just what's acknowledged officially.

And if we were to believe the numerous claims that USA funded ISIS, or the FARC in Colombia, or the cartels in Mexico; how far does the body count rise?
>>
>>71489
It's been 15 years, it was not even 3000 fucking people, get the fuck over it.
>>
>>71876
Fuck You.
>>
>>71818
you see, when you follow your heart, boring bad stuff like thinking never gets in the way
>>
>>71826
Is that because the average American weighs as much as a hundred foreigners?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.