[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zombie Nativity scene brings out Christian protesters in Ohio,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: sweet zombie jesus.jpg (90KB, 986x515px) Image search: [Google]
sweet zombie jesus.jpg
90KB, 986x515px
>A spat over a zombie Nativity scene in Ohio has snowballed for the second year in a row.

>Jasen Dixon put a manger scene surrounded by zombies up in his front yard despite being ordered to take it down last year and being denied a permit this year.

>The request was denied as local authorities said the display violated the town’s zoning code by taking up more than 35 percent of his front yard. However, Dixon said his structure is in line with requirements and believes it is the theme that is causing the issue.

>He now faces a $500-a-day fine

https://www.rt.com/usa/325042-zombie-nativity-scene-christian-protests/
>>
>>7105
>Living in a city.
>Ever.
>>
>>7106
What's the point of shitposting IRL if there's no one around to see it?
>>
>>7105
>$500-a-day
Authorities sure want that sweet, sweet cash, huh? ',:^y

Even if he does get an assload of fines, he'll probably start an online fundraiser and get enough to pay them denbts and give to charity.
>>
No /pol/ outcry over this censorship I see
Can we just purge all the monotheists already? Theyre subhuman
>>
>>7105
>front yard
>permit

>murca
>>
>>7154
/pol/ tends to lean to the Christian side so they're going to say nothing.
>>
Catholic Christian here.
It's just a kid's joke.
>>
>"muh freedom"
>>
Why the shit does he need a permit for stuff on his own property?
>>
>>7156
Sucks living under an HOA
>>
>>7157
/pol/ is mainly agnostic and athiest
>>
Christfag here, what fucking right does anyone have to tell him not to put this on his own property? The first amendment says this guy has the right to whatever religious views he wants and has the right to say whatever he wants. Plus it's his own fucking property.
>>
>>7175
the state needs money
>>
The nativity is a joke but imagine if someone had a lawn driedel with swastikas on it, or if they put up a silly Mohammad picture on Ramadan.
Why is it only okay to publicly make fun of Christianity?
>>
>>7261
All of those are perfectly legal in the US.
>>
>>7277
Maybe under federal law. Legality of the situation aside, the people around the house end up deciding what's appropriate.
>>
>>7105
Serves him right for not having read the Bible. Everyone knows the zombies roamed the streets of Jerusalem after Jesus' resurrection, there were no zombies when he was born in Bethlehem.
>>
>>7261
But those things are both deeply offensive to those faiths. This is more like if you had a Menorah made up like the candle man from Beauty and the Beast. Something 90% of the people it was proposed to offend would not give a shit about.
>>
>>7287
Portraying the son of God as an undead flesh eating monster isn't offensive to Christians?
>>
>>7290

As a Christian: no, not really. It doesn't go against anything in the Bible, except maybe something about Idolatry, in which case every Catholic church is guilty of the same crime. And it doesn't reference anything that a Christian would be particularly sensitive about.

p. scary though
>>
>>7105
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_NE9B6nu2w
>>
>>7105
What about roofs? I wonder if there is any rules about Christmas decorations on roofs. He might be able to take it out of his yard and put it on the roof.
>>
>>7290
>>7298
speak for yourself. it's plenty offensive.
>>
>>7373
Stop pretending to be Christian
>>
>>7373

Why?
>>
>>7298
It is offensive, but many christians won't ake offense because we aren't jews or muslims.

It makes light of one of Christianity's core teachings, that Jesus came back from the dead. He came back from the dead because he is god, not some unholy abomination.
>>
>>7392
It's defacing an important event central to Christianity

>>7374
you watered down "everything is fine and okay! do whatever you like!" are the pretend christians tbqh
>>
>>7298
What is blasphemy?
>>
It's not offensive, maybe just creepy. In my job we set up nativity scene using toys and nobody cares about it.
>>
Why would an adult do something so obnoxiously edgy?
>>
>>7105
>$500-a-day fine
That's chump-change for the evangelical value. He should apply for tax-free religious organization status. In the meantime he could probably put up a gofundme and let donations from 'wise men' flow in.

Mr. Dixon should spread his faith year round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bar3GOzDNzg
>>
>>7108
Asking the important questions.
>>7111
Would you fund him anon?
>>
>>7432
I really wish our culture did more to foster unity and trust between different groups-- it would be better able to resist outsiders, like Japan does.

I think this display kind of funny-- Jesus has an association with zombies because he rose from the dead. This is just taking a small joke to an extreme. I think the gut who did this is just someone who enjoyed horror tropes and wanted to do something creative with the tradition. I don't necessarily see anything hostile to Christianity in this.

I consider monster movies every bit as valid a part of our culture as christianity. That's not an anti- religious statement on my part, just an appreciation for western culture.

I guess it doesn't help that any immigrant can come here and claim to be an "American" despite doing everything they can to debase and replace us. The philosophy of openness and tolerance has only fostered conflict. What a surprise.
>>
I think he should have the right to put this up, but something tells me the guy's probably a bit of an attention seeking fag.

Still though, you can be right and also be obnoxious.
>>
>people put shitty giant eyesore Christmas inflatables and bullshit all over their yard
>have to deal with it or you're mr grinch and will have house egged.
>some guy does a zombie nativity scene as a joke
>"sorry, sir, this display takes up 24 square feet and the maximum is 23"

Honestly I'd just take everything down except the zombie manger or something and see what happens.
>>
>>7290
But he was a inbred cannibalistic telepathic zombie.

Its just hard to make a dummy look telepathic and the inbreeding would be hard to nail down without offending the local clans of chinless six toed mouthbreathers.
>>
>>7418
>It's defacing an important event central to Christianity
Christianity itself is a defacing of the Jewish religion which Jesus followed.

You worship a fucking zombie. Christfags can get fucked.
>>
>>7111
Didn't he do that last year?
>>
>>7490
is there some way to suggest this to that guy, because this is a great idea tbh
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.