[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

French police make woman remove clothing on Nice beach following

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

File: 4252.jpg (92KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
4252.jpg
92KB, 620x372px
> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/24/french-police-make-woman-remove-burkini-on-nice-beach
>>
>>69595
Honestly they should have just kicked her off the beach. Forcing her to remover her clothes on the spot just makes parallels them to radical Islamic culture.
>>
>>69595
stop being frenchaphobic its their culture
>>
>/news/ - Current News
>>
>>69615
4 days ago isn't current?
>>
>>69630
No, and the story has evolved.
It was ruled illegal by the French court.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/burkini-ban-french-france-court-suspends-rule-law-forbidding-swimwear-worn-muslim-women-seriously-a7211396.html
>>
>>69595
nudity is a part of european culture. Embrace it or fuck off
>>
not gunna lie, making a woman take off clothing is kinda fucked up. why not just let her be?
>>
Kind of sad that this represents the height of any modern Western nation's resistance to Islamization. Not closing off immigration. Not deportation. Not a comprehensive program of enforced assimilation. But making a woman take off a too modest swimsuit. Which has been ruled illegal.

Circling the drain.
>>
>>69674
Because burqinis are too unhygienic for the beach and undermines women's freedoms.
>>
Does any one have that French source that talks about how this whole thing is a reaction to Muslims cordoning off entire sections of the beach and not allowing women wearing regular bikinis onto it?

Fuck I wish I had it. This whole thing isn't as simple as the French being mustache twirling racists against muh poor brown oppressed people.
>>
old news but
this was deeply uncomfortable to watch. the thing that sets the west as the ideal society is our sense of freedom. making this woman undress makes france no better than the shitty middle eastern countries which force women to wear the burka
>>
>>69595

I don't get what the huge fuzz is about. Let people wear what they want. We live in a world where faggots can dress themselves up as pigtailed girls with mini skirts, but a woman wearing a full body suit is outrageous. I recently went to a public swimming pool and saw a Burkini for the first time with my own eyes. At first I thought they wer silly because I always imagined them like clothes in water but they're really just nothing different that diving suit with a head piece.
You wouldn't ban diving suits on beaches either.
Jesus Christ what's wrong with this world.
Also the name Burkini should definitely be changed. It's stupid and the portmanteau doesn't make any sense. A Bikini is a two piece that is only a bra and panties. It should be called a Burka Swimsuit or a Burkasuit or a Swimmingburka or something.
>>
>>69763
>I don't get what the huge fuzz is about. Let people wear what they want.
Looks like you answered your own question. She didn't get to wear what she wanted to and a huge fuzz followed.
>>
>>69769

I mean the fuzz about Burkinis. What the fuck is wrong with France?
>>
>>69772
see:
>>69688
its not about Muslims wearing what they want it's about Muslims being shitheads everywhere they go
>>
I fear they are overdoing it. It has to be very clear that the West hates Islam for Islam's own idiocy, not for the tendencies of its people. Have to avoid turning it into another 'Us versus Them' conflict. That would give Islam equal footing, or worse, make them the underdog. No, their religion should be so deeply contrasted with the West's response that they appear to the world as the barbarians they are.

Why not leave her on the beach, an oddity, a thing for people to scoff at and remark how awkward Islam is? Forcing her to assimilate may have the opposite effect.

Making Islam undress is not winning. Letting Islam slide into obscurity and be forgotten is winning, so that any remaining movement is clearly an atavism, a clear mockery of man's progress, to be stamped out and extinguished, and that I think is the goal.
>>
>>69773

But it's just stupid. Instead of punishing the men that did this shit you punish women who have nothing to do with it
>>
RAPE! Calaluaredcdsbg4nyujbthvgre
>>
>>69776
>Just ignore them and they'll go away guys.
>>
>>69776
I agree with most of what you've said, except for:

>Letting Islam slide into obscurity and be forgotten is winning

Hate to break it to you, but Islam isn't going to slide into obscurity anytime soon. From Pew Research:
>While the world’s population is projected to grow 35% in the coming decades, the number of Muslims is expected to increase by 73% – from 1.6 billion in 2010 to 2.8 billion in 2050.

There's a blurry line that needs to be walked between combating radical Islam and protecting religious liberties, but make no mistake - Islam is not something that will go away on its own.
>>
>>69826
Here's the sauce of that quote, btw

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/23/why-muslims-are-the-worlds-fastest-growing-religious-group/
>>
>>69827
Hasn't that study been discredited for only taking into account the birthrate and not the staggering amounts of infant mortality, conflicts, disease and political instability that reduces populations drastically over time?
>>
>>69833

If a nation has a population with a positive birthrate then more people are born than die.
>>
>>69633
Cucked country
Granted they shouldve just told her to fuck off and go home but whatever

I like to imagine cultures like the French as people screaming in squeaky little Helium voices: "kill me! Kill meeee!"
>>
>>69688
And why dont the french men walk onto those parts of the beaches and do as they please? They gonna let some foreigners tell off their wives? If I ever make a visit to that shithole country, fuck visiting Paris. Ill find these beaches and hire skimpy dressed whores to come with me. Beat the fuck outta any muzzie that bitches since the french apparently dont comprehend the concept of being assertive. There are no guns there so whats the problem?
>>
>>69826
Sometimes you have to say fuck the line and do what needs to be done Euros. America wouldn't exist today if Lincoln hadnt suspended habeus corpus, white trash terrorism wouldve happened otherwise.
Same deal here, you either crush the muzzies right to flaunt their bullshit, or you end up with another war eventually. Take it from us - religious extremists are like feminazis. Theyll claim your violating their religious rights just for keeping them from shoving it down peoples throats. Same way our Protestants do. Except muzzies have plenty of cults telling to kill, and ironically the anti gun laws there make it harder to track guns.
>>
>>69875
>infant mortality, conflicts, disease and political instability
These are post birth events, idiot. Learn how to Read
>>
>>69884
They'll beat you and the police won't do anything about it.
>>
>>69681
>undermines women's freedom
"GET NAKED, BITCH."
>>
>>69780
This
>>
>>69886
How in the fuck are they shoving anything down anyone's throat by wearing a different kind of swimsuit? They're harming no one by wearing it. There's ones at fault are the ones forcing them to strip
>>
>>69669
>"embrace nudity" is the same as "practicing nudity"
This is what happens when you embrace public education
>>
>>69686
Sorry, God chose the Jews :^)
>>
I am not opposed to immigration, asylum seekers and refugees.
What I object to is the arrogant idea that nothing has changed. I object to the idea that you can move to another country and then expect that country to accommodate your practices, ideology, religion etc.
Worse still, I object to you demanding this.

Example, France has tried for over 200 years to have a secular state not torn by religious strife. Recently washed up immigrants (even down to first & second generation - perhaps beyond) show a remarkable degree of arrogance to expect/demand to have their own way.
Just be grateful.

Perhaps, this is a problem that religious people believe that their religion is the only one, that all people to practice it and that the state should bow to it's manifest destiny.

These days the worst are the Muslims.
>>
>>69967
Asylum seekers have this title when they move to the country next to them. After that if they move forward they are illegal imigrants for every country and this is state from international law.
The only purpose for going to United German Emirates is a Merkel promiss of

> free home and money for everyone without passport
>>
>>69614
Francophobic*

Is it acceptable to legislate cultural norms?
>>
>French police make woman remove clothing on Nice beach following burkini ba

What's so nice about this?
>>
hi
>>
>>69967
We're discussing french police forcing women to take off their clothes because of the recent birkini ban. If anyone in that situation is arrogantly forcing their beliefs on someone, it's the French government
>>
>>69884
>Beat the fuck outta any muzzie that bitches
No, see, that's the problem. They'll call their relatives, and friends and start a giant riot. Since they have more kids, they have more relatives and bigger social circles, so they'll beat the shit out of you. And the authorities are so scared shitless that they won't do anything to them, they'll arrest you for "inciting a riot".
>>
>>69994
The comment was a related issue from a news item in which a Muslim spokesperson demanding that the French government accommodate Muslim practices.
The French government does have the right to impose the values of the French people. One of those values (unlike US lip service to the idea) France does believe creating a secular state.
What is being tested here is whether prohibiting a burkini is a French value and does having a secular state mean regulating beach wear. When it comes to school dress codes the state does regulate against religiou clothing.
>>
>>70334
I'm pretty sure the French are just scared of Muslims and are trying to keep Muslim women from wearing Muslim clothing in public. Religious freedom, and being a secular state means allowing people to practice whatever religion they want. It does not mean banning religious practices
>>
>>70469
>Religious freedom
This means different things in different places. In America you can let your kid die because blood transfusions are unbiblical. Most of the rest of the civilized world is rather less insane.

>being a secular state means allowing people to practice whatever religion they want

No it doesn't. There's nothing inherent to secularism that necessitates tolerance of religion. If a country were to ban all religion and promote atheism they could be rightly described as a secular state.
>>
>>70469
>being a secular state means allowing people to practice
To a point. It does not mean freedom to do anything. You can't fuck a goat or a child because your prophet did so.
What is remains to be decided in this instance is the reach of the state.
>>
>>70480
I never said people should be able to fuck goats, but I see your point
>>
>>69595
they are just fucking with us

their cult also says they aren't allowed to go out on their own
>>
>>69688
An association privatised a private swimming pool/water park for a burkini day.
Not a whole part of a public beach. Unless you read a right wing onion like. Or saw a faux news report quoting "a French paper".
Sure, it sounded pretty bad since it was planned a bit after the Bastille Day terror attacks and not far away from Nice...
(Idk if it ended up cancelled or if it went on. And if there was anybody but a bunch of disappointed journalists.)

>>69884
We're too buzzy looking at the braless girls on the beach.

>>69994
Christian Estrosi mostly, mayor of Nice. Or, well, former mayor, but he current one said he's a puppet.
A pure product of Mediterranean corruption. I think they say "mafia" in Italian.
He said about Paris attacks that an escape would have been prevented with video cameras like in Nice. He also planned to have close to no police in the streets during Bastille Day (while they were everywhere during Euro Cup), and to not have the usual concrete blocks that separate the street (where the truck came from) from the crowd (that turned into a pile of corpse.)

I think he played the trolly Trump card. Some other mayors followed, the media talk about "several towns on the coast". It worked.

Islam is far from being France's worst problem.
>>
>>69669
Wearing clothes is something western's do?
>>
>>70539
>just fucking with us
Or trying to have a good time at the beach
>>
>>69988
>Is it acceptable to legislate cultural norms?
legislation is composed almost entirely of cultural norms elevated to being THE ROOLZ
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.