[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not Enough Dead Women to Meet “Ghost Bride” Demand, Some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: 1469178300736.jpg (225KB, 730x484px) Image search: [Google]
1469178300736.jpg
225KB, 730x484px
The “ghost wedding” is an ancient ritual involving the family members of a deceased person who posthumously marry them to another dead person in order to placate their restless souls, giving them less reason to haunt the living. It is a ritual that is still practiced by some Chinese today.

Unfortunately, the ritual has taken a more sinister turn as there simply aren’t enough dead brides, and some people are willing to resort to murder to meet the increasing demand.

Three men in China’s northwestern province of Gansu have been charged with murdering two mentally disabled women and selling their bodies as ghost brides in neighboring Shaanxi province.

On April 13, police in Wuxi, Shanxi discovered the corpse of a woman in a car driven by three men named Ma, Teng, and An.

Ma and An confessed that they had abducted the victim by posing as matchmakers before murdering her with a sedative injection. She was sold as a ghost bride for 35,000 yuan ($5,259). They also admitted to killing another woman the same way in February.

Ghost weddings have been banned in China since 1949, but rising fortunes throughout the country have contributed to their comeback. Last year, 15 female corpses were looted from tombs in Shanxi and sold as ghost brides.

Although a ghost wedding can be as simple and symbolic as relocating the remains of a dead woman to lie next to those of her newly-wedded dead husband, things get much more difficult when there are no deceased women to be found.

A man in Liangcheng County, in Inner Mongolia, admitted to police last year that he murdered a woman so that he could sell her body as a ghost bride. In 2013, four men were sentenced to two years in prison for digging up 10 female corpses that they sold for a total of $39,000.

https://thenanfang.com/chinas-ghost-weddings-turn-deadly-start-claiming-murder-victims/
>>
In Shanxi, where the latest murders occurred, high numbers of male fatalities occur from the region’s many mining accidents. Given that China’s gender imbalance greatly favors males over females, there simply aren’t enough women to go around.

Even for the living, being single is a taboo that requires the intervention of family members. Although some demographics have welcomed single-hood as a kind of freedom, like “leftover women”, many Chinese regard being single as an act of non-filial piety.
>>
Seems kind of counter-productive. Murdering people is a surefire way to create vengeful ghosts.
>>
>>69250
It's Japan that gives a damn about that anon, China would probably just use the ghosts to kill more people for this dumb shit, if they could.
>>
I wish this surprised me, but it doesn't. This is a nation where the government won't allow movies with ghosts in it to be shown for fear the people will panic. So reading about this makes me wonder if it's true that they eat aborted fetuses for strength and prosperity?
>>
>>69275
Probably
>>
I'm going to drop some heavy fedora here, but I sometimes forget how backward the world is. It's fucking stupid, but 80% of the people I know believe in some sort of magic (from god to actual witchery, let alone astrology)
>>
>>69286
>I'm going to drop some heavy fedora here
please don't you will make a mess.
>>
Bump because the Chinese troll that is posting racist articles against white people is trying to bury this story.
>>
>>69286
it is magic, just rarely does a flock investigate outside of the herd belief to ask what things really mean
>>
>>69286
The craziest part is that you probably believe in something equally as backwards in at least some aspect of your life, but you can't spot it.
>>
>>69250
murdering people or relocating bodies... classic rookie error. do you want ghosts? 'cause that's how you get ghosts
>>
>>69237
i'm not sure if this is because of female infanticide or finding a woman who has never married is practically impossible unlike finding a spinster male
>>
What about all the aborted baby girls? Can't they be married? What if it's a foetus preserved from decades ago?
>>
>>69342
Everyone is wrong about at least 1 thing, usually more.
>>
>>69379
chinese aren't muslims
>>
>>69342
yes, I know, I've spotted many such things. But it's bound to happen, human progress is based on human culture, and human culture is build on spooks
>>
>>69275
>This is a nation where the government won't allow movies with ghosts in it to be shown for fear the people will panic.
I call bullshit. Sauce. Otherwise surely all those Chinese in Canada and Australia would be chimping out st movie theaters all the time
>>
>>69485
The people who leave that country are usually intellectuals. Multiple video games already have to heavily edit their games before they will be sold in china. All skulls or references to the dead have to be removed, and anything that possibly paints china in a bad light is automatically censored.
>>
>>69275
Yes there was a case where a woman consumed fetuses, I think there even a few movies inspired by it. I'll see if I can find links.
>>
>>69290
Look at this mess! Where did you guys get all this spaghetti?
>>
>>69384
Progress is a Spook. If you thibk humanity has some kind of 'destiny to progress' then guess what, you believe in hocus pocus yourself.
Go home and rethink your life, fedora
>>
>>69486
>Usually intellectual
Nah dude, ive met them theyre too stupid to pass college without cheating. Dont bullshit me and post a sauce or go back to /int/
>>
>>69494
Nigger look up any video game hosted globally. Look up dota 2, they have an entire section of the official wiki dedicated to images of "low violence models". These were explicitly made because china has backwards laws regarding the depiction of the human dead.
>>
China has a supernatural law in place that prevents things like ghosts the occult and religion from being shown in media for two reasons.
1. To prevent fear in the public about those things and potentially the public picking up on the things they see in the media about the supernatural and doing them.

2. China is communist, they see any authority such as religion or the occult as poison to the power the party has over the people.

Sony tried to sneak the latest ghostbuster movie past the Chinese censors by renaming it Super Power Dare Die Team.
>>
>>69489
But I know progress is a spook, all our appraisals in life are spooks

But I having a biological drive towards things that "feel good", like eating, building a house and having children, all these are quests for biological fulfillment. The fedora part is feeling like it's better to act on these being aware of them, than believing in magic
>>
>>69506
>past the Chinese censors by renaming it
what? they thought they just wouldn't watch the film?
>>
>>69506
>Super Power Dare Die Team

I'm guessing it sounds less retarded in Chinese?
>>
Wuxi is in Jiangsu province.
>>
>>69237
This doesn't make sense to me. I thought Ghost weddings were used in order to link a dead, unmarried female's ghost with a living male in order to have his descendants honor her ghost. It would placate her angry spirit. It doesn't work the the other way around; the family only honors the male members, and through marriage the female. Marrying a dead female to a dead male would only make sense if the male was an unmarried older brother, and thus allow his younger, living brothers to marry or to continue the family line via adoption. Maybe the latter is the case.
>>
>>69237
Can't they use the bodies of dead female babies from years past? They used to kill so many.

>china
not even once
>>
Wont this make the gender imbalance worse?
>>
>>69533
No that's pretty much what it sounds like. All asian languages are like that. Plus they hear shit like that all the time so it doesn't sound weird to them.
Words as we know them do not exist in Chinese or Japanese or Korean. They combine a few literal symbols to make words. For instance, what we know as the sensual act of creampie, the symbols Japs use translate into "inside broth".
This is why subbing and dubbing asian media is difficult. Too literal, and it sounds like complete gibberish. Too altered, and it doesn't match up.
>>
fun fact: this is why the new Ghostbusters wasn't released in China, they censor movies with ghosts in them to try and not feed into these stupid superstitions

only ghost movie they've allowed to be released in the last few years was one where the twist at the end was the main character was actually hallucinating the entire time and had not being seeing real ghosts, so I guess it's the saying ghosts are real part thats troublesome not depicting ghost imagery
>>
>>70848

oh, so that's why every anime has to have a 5 minute long metaphor about the wind
>>
>>69250
That's not the motive, money is.
>>
>>71037
chinks are real backward people
>>
>>69342
I know, and it's got me freaking paranoid. There are people who are way fucking smarter than me who believe in shit like energy crystals. How can I possibly spot what bullshit I believe if they can't?
>>
Only in China, huh?
>>
>>69342
When I'm buying something other than a coffin for a DEAD person feel free to call me out

Bothering to buy coffins at all seems to fit, and wasting space on graveyards is the closest you'll get, but I'd get rid of them all if I could.
>>
>>71500
I could see this happening in florida
>>
>tfw no qt ghost bride
>>
>>69237
I think there is Sumg Din Wong with this
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.