[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saint Rita church in Paris to be demolished, riot control forces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: sainte-rita.jpg (28KB, 478x388px) Image search: [Google]
sainte-rita.jpg
28KB, 478x388px
Gothic church of Saint Rita, patron of "lost and impossible causes", evacuated by CRS (Compagnies Républicaines de Sécurité); it'll be demolished to build a... parking lot!

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/societe/evacuation-de-l-eglise-sainte-rita-squattee-par-des-militants-catholiques_1818203.html

http://www.parismatch.com/Actu/Societe/L-eglise-Sainte-Rita-evacuee-a-Paris-la-droite-indignee-1030264

http://www.imolaoggi.it/2016/08/03/parigi-demolizione-di-una-chiesa-prete-trascinato-via-con-la-forza/

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89glise_Sainte-Rita_de_Paris
>>
>Church demolition: Police quash Paris protest over ‘parking lot’, day after slain priest’s funeral

https://www.rt.com/news/354430-sainte-rita-church-demolition-paris/

>Twelve riot police cars have arrived to crack down on the sit-down protest in Paris’s 15th district, as dozens demonstrate against the demolition of the local Church of Sainte Rita.

>The church has been mined and the demolition is ready to begin, but the protesters - some of them local councilors - refuse to leave. Videos of police dragging protesters emerged online.

#SainteRita
>>
>>64517
Stupid goys.
>>
>>64517

Contrary to most of churches (the ones built before 1905), this particular church is not owned by the chruch, but by a private catholic association. This association is not using this church anymore and decided to sell it.

Now a bunch of far-right retards are squatting it and is surprised that justice is enforcing the catholic association property rights.

If this was a bunch of immigrants squatting, you can be sure that these far rights guys would be asking the cops to show them out.
>>
>>64543
Sorry, I meant "is not owned by the state"
>>
>>64517
At least it's not being turned into a mosque.
>>
In the U.S. once a building is 100+ years old it qualifies to be on the register of Historic Buildings, making it nearly impossible to demolish. But I'm sure in the Old World getting to be "Historic" takes a lot more than 100 years.

That said, what the fuck is a parking lot when you have effectively a multimillion-dollar piece of artwork that you're tearing down in its place? Build the garage underground ffs.
>>
>>64601
That is more expensive to do.
>>
>>64543
>People not wanting the place they took communion, got married and were laid to rest to get demolished are "far right retards"

I'm an atheist and you are one edgy motherfucker.
>>
>>64603
No shit, but it makes the neighborhood more pleasant, preserves property values, and makes more commercial real-estate available. Also long swaths of flat pavement are shit in summer.
>>
>>64601
I'll never understand this line of thinking. We have the same sort of thing in new Zealand with historical buildings, and recently a church in my city was either to be earthquake-proofed or demolished and rebuilt. The cost of demolition and rebuilding was just over half the cost of the earthquake strengthening.

Of course the people who actually use the church didn't care either way as long as they had somewhere to meet. But the historic places trust blocked demolition on the grounds you mentioned. Nobody who was arguing against its demolition even lived within 150km of the bloody thing.

So now there's a bill of millions more to deal with, and where exactly is the historic places trust now? They don't give a shit about the actual feasibility of the plan they have forced the taxpayer to go through. And they certainly won't be making any contribution.
>>
>>64543
Just how big is your fedora?
>>
>>64543

Yeah, this really isn't that big of a deal. The church is private property and was sold, therefore the police had no choice but to intervene to remove people from said property. It would be no different from your landlord kicking you out and selling your house to someone else, and then you refusing to leave the premises and having to be removed by police.
>>
>>64517
>From October 2015 to August 2016, the church is occupied "without right or title" by an association traditionalist Catholic and served by Abbot William Tanoüarn.
>William Tanoüarn, born 2 November 1962, is a Catholic priest and French philosopher. Coming from the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX), he joined full communion with Rome in 2006 and co-founded the Institute of the Good Shepherd at the request of Pope Benedict XVI

These guys are kind of nutty
>>
They evacuate peaceful Christian activists who did nothing in a church but they can't evacuate the far left extremists in Notre-Dame-des-Landes who daily harrass the police and had demolished many times the inner cities of Rennes and Nantes, bombing cars and bank agencies.

Wtf France ?
>>
>>64613
No they are actually a branch of french catholics integrists who were excommunicated by the Pope decades ago.

Also they knew that they were about to be thrown out so they organized a mass the same day to play with the outrage and have nice picture of people dragged out, and especially capitalizing on the murder of a priest last week.

Also this church was used to baptize animals by the catholic association who owns it. Its surname was "the Animal Church". Not really marriage, funerals and so on.
>>
>>64517
>patron of "lost and impossible causes"

Poetry
>>
>>64740
>used to baptize animals

Blessed not baptized
>>
>>64663
Yea, this one isn't adding up. Why focus on destroying this church? If these religious retards want to keep it, let them buy it and run it.
>>
>>64917
I'd assume it's because they won't do that?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.