[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Election hit-list? Politicians' unsolved killings mar South

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/africa/south-africa-anc-election-hit-list/index.html

>Ladysmith, South Africa (CNN)The killing happened in broad daylight.
>It was Mandela Day, a day many South Africans dedicate to helping others.
>Khanyisile Ngobesi-Sibisi's car was full of blankets to donate to charity, but as she drove around a bend near the edge of this small town, a white car pulled up alongside her convoy.

>"She was following me from behind. I heard the first gunshot; not knowing my mother had been shot. Then I heard the second gunshot," says Zhamokhule, her 18-year-old son.
>Two gunmen shot Khanyisile eight times through the driver's side door and window, according to witnesses.
>"I can't explain the feeling I was having," Zhamokhule says. "I was shocked by disbelief that my mother had been shot."
>Zhamokhule applied pressure to his mother's multiple wounds, but to no avail; she died at the scene.
>>
>Khanyisile was a popular figure in Ladysmith -- a teacher at the local primary school, and a life-long member of the African National Congress (ANC).

>Many here saw a bright future for her.
She was standing as a Ladysmith councilor in South Africa's upcoming election, and her face smiles proudly down from the election posters still hanging on the street where she was murdered.
>"Vote ANC," they read.
>"My mother told me that someone warned her not to go to the Mandela Day event," says Zhamokhule.
Ladysmith's indoor stadium is packed with hundreds of mourners clad in the ANC's traditional colors: green, black and gold.
>A relative of Khanyisile steps up to the microphone, "Yes, some of you are mourning, but some of you are celebrating. Because you did this."

>Khanyisile was just the latest victim in a series of unsolved murders of ANC politicians in KwaZulu-Natal.
>In the run-up to this election, more than a dozen politicians have been killed in this province: shot while watching TV; killed taking their children to school; ambushed on the way home from political meetings.
>Not a single case has been solved.
>"We are making progress. It just takes time," says Brigadier Hangwani Mulaudzi a spokesman for the Hawks, the country's specialized investigation division.
>Several former investigators from South Africa's police told CNN that ANC members could be killing rivals to access elected government positions. The positions can mean access to corrupt wealth, they said.
>Even the ANC's leadership admits the party is wracked by factional infighting.
>"These killings are just the tip of the iceberg, people are killed when people can't be coerced by other means," says David Bruce, an independent researcher who studies violent crime.
>"It says a lot about how politics takes place and politics is organized. Access to political office is not just a means of making a living. It is a way of establishing and maintaining networks of patronage," he says.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.