[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elie Wiesel, Holocaust survivor and author of "Night"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 1

File: Elie_Wiesel_2012_Shankbone.jpg (2MB, 1791x2239px) Image search: [Google]
Elie_Wiesel_2012_Shankbone.jpg
2MB, 1791x2239px
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/holocaust-survivor-elie-wiesel-obit-dead-1.3662381

>Activist and writer Elie Wiesel, the Second World War death camp survivor who won a Nobel Peace Prize for becoming the lifelong voice of millions of Holocaust victims, has died, Israel's Holocaust memorial Yad Vashem said on Saturday. He was 87.

>Wiesel was also a philosopher, speaker, playwright and professor who also campaigned for the tyrannized and forgotten around the world. The Romanian-born Wiesel lived by the credo expressed in Night, his landmark story of the Holocaust: "To forget the dead would be akin to killing them a second time."

>In awarding the Peace Prize in 1986, the Nobel Committee praised Wiesel as a "messenger to mankind" and "one of the most important spiritual leaders and guides in an age when violence, repression and racism continue to characterize the world."

>Wiesel did not waver in his campaign never to let the world forget the Holocaust horror. While at the White House in 1985 to receive the Congressional Gold Medal, he even rebuked U.S. President Ronald Reagan for planning to lay a wreath at a German cemetery where some of Hitler's notorious Waffen SS troops were buried.
>>
Rest in Peace
>>
awwww shet i just read that book.
>>
>>55154
i actually really enjoyed that book.
>>
>>55154
>he even rebuked U.S. President Ronald Reagan for planning to lay a wreath at a German cemetery

Sounds like a bitter man. What a douche.
>>
>>55162
>where some of Hitler's notorious Waffen SS troops were buried.
Finish the quote
>>
>>55154
I'm 40 and I can barely remember this guy being in the news in the 1970s when I was a toddler. It's amazing how the press is treating him now that he's dead after ignoring him for decades.
>>
>>55166
Who likely died in combat like everyone else buried there.
>>
>>55180
the man lived in a concentration camp. i think his repsonse is pretty reasonable.
>>
>>55181
Then go find a Totenkopfverbande cemetery. If such a thing exists.
>>
>>55179
welcome youngling

may you virtue signal strong
>>
>>55185
I thought 40 was middle aged not young?
>>
>>55189
what does your age have to do with your naivety?
>>
>>55191
You used the term youngling which implies age not naivety.
>>
FUCK ME! I'll never get to meet the man. He was such a great writer and not just for Night. The Forgotten was a masterpiece in my opinion.
>>
>>55194
weasel was a dirty nigger and a complete phony, sham, con artist
>>
>>55233
None of those descriptors exclude him from being a great writer.
>>
Well he lied in his book a lot
>>
this thread is surprisingly a lot more intellectual than I was expecting
>>
F

Night was a really good book, but as all men, Wiesel's time to go came. At least he lived this long, and survived the horrid camps. God bless him.

inb4 /pol/tards shit up the thread with
>muh Holocaust denial
>>
Some of his shit was spot on and/or really probing.

But he had a fundamental flaw in his discriminatory application of ethics.
>>55166
was not the only example -- he said that all Jews, not just those affected, directly or indirectly, by the Holocaust, should preserve hatred in their hearts for the Germans of the time.

1. Almost all other philosophers (in particular Jewish philosophers, chief being Arendt) took a much more inquisitive approach to the nature of perpetrators and of evil, and of course science itself shows (since the 50s) that the psychology is much more complex, yet he has never stopped making universal condemnations of the individual perpetrators; 2. He has had no regard for the historical consequences of perpetual resentment, especially when maintained among large social/political groups -- it has always preserved the cycle of violence; 3. He has pushed remembrance of the Jewish genocide over that of others (usually I find the logic in arguing this kind of thing as a fault a little shaky, but in context of everything else Wiesel has said/written, it makes more sense here).

So that's my criticism of him in a nutshell. Sorry for criticizing the dude right after his death, but he died of old age, so I'd think (for everyone but his family) it's less a tragedy and more a time to discuss his life and influence for both good and bad.
>>
>>55154
>romanian born
I thought he was hungarian
>>
good riddance jew rat
>>
>>55261
haha oh wow

how the fuck is this thead "intellectual"? You have to be really fucking retarded to consider this intellectual
>>
>>55242
He wrote like a retarded child
>>
>>55277
what do these jew "philosophers" say about the palestinian genocide
>>
>>55353
Well it's not Jews being persecuted, so they don't care

You'd think of all the people the world the ones least likely to commit genocide would be those who just survived one themselves. But no, turns out Jews are quite happy to repeat the atrocities on Palestinians.

Frankly Hitler should have finished the job
>>
>>55357
the original country of israel was literally founded on genocide perpetuated for religious reasons, its black and white in the torah. Jews have no fucking room to complain about the holocaust what so ever, and their treatment of the Palestinians is historically par the course for them.

never forget that the reason jews lived in ghettos in the first place was because ever since the roman expulsion of jews from palestinia, jews intentionally segregated themselves into jewish communities in order to keep their blood-line "pure".
>>
>>55292
When he was born his town was part of Romania. It was part of the land Hitler later made Romania cede to Hungary
>>
>>55353
>palestinian genocide
whoa, since when were the Palestinians killed by Zionist death squads? Sure there was an unjustified mess when Israel was founded were Arabs who had left their homes during the war weren't allowed to return and those that remained were under military rule for quite some time. But genocide? not as far as I'm aware
>>
>>55154
Another jew down only 599,000,000 million to go
>>
>>55154
>To forget the dead would be akin to killing them a second time

Oy vey never forget goyim.
>>
>>55277
Sounds fair.
>>
>>55411
JIDF pls go
>>
>>55353

Nothing because there was none, dear /pol/tard.
>>
No known picture of his acclaimed tattoo exists.
Fucker was never in the switz.
>>
>>55484
This.
He's probably an SS officer pretending to be a survivor.
>>
>>55440
dirty jew liar
>>
>>55599

>le butthurt stormfag

The demographic data simply doesn't support that conclusion. If anything the Israelis worry about the fact that there are too many Palestinians, which is inconsistent with having killed them in any relevant numbers.

That's not even getting to the issue of civilian casualty ratios of both sides throughout the history of the conflict, as it makes you look worse.
>>
>>55644
The data is more supportive of a palestinian holocaust than the jew holohoax
>>
>>55669

>this is what stormfags really believe
>>
>>55689
Tbh, he is just uninformed. It's mainly due to shitty public school education; but I'm pretty sure Weisel never was in auswitze
>>
>>55436
whatever you say, /pol/. I'm not even familiar with what you are calling the "palestinian genocide". I'm aware of plenty of terrible crimes against Palestinians, but not genocide
>>
>>55357
Figuring out that people only apply morals to benefit their own ingroup was one of my biggest redpills

Whatever. The jews are inbreeding themselves to death.
>>
>>55761
he was at auschwitz and buchenwald, actually
>>
>>55669
racist scum pls go
>>
This is the kike that claimed blood erupted from the earth like geysers and nazis tossed babies into fire pits?
>>
>>55815
you filthy kike murdering pali babies and ethnically cleansing palistenians from their land
>>
>>55179
Can you explain what got you into 4chan?
>>
>>55827
being NEET
>>
>>55154
>the Second World War death camp survivor who won a Nobel Peace Prize for becoming the lifelong voice of millions of Holocaust victims

I see his life was a work of fiction
>>
>>55900
the jews even gave obama a nobel prize for some fictional work
>>
>>55814
There is no proof of it other than his personal claims.
He has no tattoo.
>>
>>55931

>Wiesel was tattooed with inmate number "A-7713" on his left arm.[17][18] The camp was liberated by the U.S. Third Army on April 11, 1945.[19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Elie_Wiesel
>>
>>55985
There are pictures, it's not there.
>>
>>56000

No evidence that a plane hit the Pentagon either.
>>
>>56004
he was a dirty lying weasel
>>
>>55985
There's no consistent numbering, lettering, or tattoo designs. Which is odd because it's the fucking germans who are known for standardization.
>>
Reagan, who was extremely brutal and violent and a terrible racist as well, wanted to provide direct support for the Guatemalan army’s attack, which was literally genocidal on the Mayan Indians. There was a congressional resolution that blocked him, so he turned to his terrorist clients.

The major one was Israel. Also Taiwan, a couple of others. Israel provided the arms for the Guatemalan army — to this day they use Israeli arms — provided the trainers for the terrorist forces, essentially ran the genocidal attack. That’s one of their services. They did the same in South Africa. Actually, this led to an interesting incident with the great hero Elie Wiesel.

In the mid-1980s, Salvador Luria, a friend of mine who is a Nobel laureate in biology and politically active, knew about this. It wasn’t a big secret. He asked me to collect articles from the Hebrew press which described Israel’s participation in genocidal attacks in Guatemala — not just participation, it’s a leadership role — because he wanted to send it to Elie Wiesel with a polite letter saying: as a fellow Nobel laureate, I would like to bring this to your attention. Could you use your influence — he didn’t ask him to say anything, that’s too much, but privately could you communicate to the people you know well at a high level in Israel and say it’s not nice to take part in genocide. He never got a response.
A couple of months later, I read an interview in the Hebrew press, where they really dislike Wiesel. They regard him as a charlatan and a fraud. One of the questions in the interview was, “What do you think about Israel’s participation in the genocidal assault in Guatemala?”
>>
>>56049
The report says Wiesel sighed and then said: I received a letter from a fellow Nobel laureate bringing to my attention these actions and asking me if I could say something privately to try to restrict them somehow, but, he said: I can’t criticize Israel even privately. I can’t say anything even privately that might impede Israel’s participation in genocide. That’s Elie Wiesel, the great moral hero.
>>
>>56050
>I can’t say anything even privately that might impede Israel’s participation in genocide.

If you have a source to the full article, or the year and name of publication where it appeared, or something, that would be good, because I want to see what comes after.

It sounds like he could (50/50) have meant "can't" in the sense that "My friends and peers have me by the balls on this one," rather than "I can't by my conscience."

Pragmatically it could be justifiable for him, with Wiesel taking priority on the whole Jewish sjw thing. And you said yourself that the Hebrew press didn't like him anyway, so why would he have influence in Israel to stop the genocide? And there was recent precedent for Jews not taking criticism well -- Hannah Arendt was fucking slammed for her detailed report on the trial of a rather mediocre Nazi war criminal, suggesting (in naive summary) that if his crimes made him evil then it puts a number of Jewish collaborators in moral jeopardy.

Make no mistake, I criticized Wiesel's morality earlier in the thread, but in this case I think even more context is warranted.
>>
>>55154
Can't wait for /pol/tards to storm this thread and whine about how he was a liar or something.
>>
>>56096
He admitted he fibbed portions of the book.
Not everything in the book is absolute fact.
Hell, I just want to see the fucker tatoo
>>
>>56077
jews are a cowardly, dishonorable people. Apartheid in south africa was supported by SA jews as well as israel...similar apartheid system now exists for palistenians
>>
>>56104
I heard they are expecting their chosen one on august 30 lo`ts of different Christians have mentioned it.
also it is gonna be a Huge Faggot and a Jew.
>>
>>55166
We have a Waffen SS Officer buried in Arlington.

Soldiers are soldiers, they died fighting in uniform and deserve recognition like anyone else.
>>
>>55357
If Israel wanted to they could crush the Palestinians. They don't, so no genocide.
>>
This dude was a fucking cock. He came to my high school some years ago. Requested a private jet, limo and basically spent his 30 minutes (of the hour set aside) at the podium sucking up to the Americans about how great they were for saving everybody from everything.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.