[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Utah Nurse Violently Arrested for Following Proper Hospital Procedure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: 170.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
170.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/09/01/this-is-crazy-sobs-utah-hospital-nurse-as-cop-roughs-her-up-arrests-her-for-doing-her-job/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.bffadcbcfff9

So what does this mean when the Police Service can't respect one of it's sister branches in medicine? Where has it gone wrong in that Police Officers fail to realize that considering the line of work the Hospital and their staff are the last persons they want stigmatized against them?
>>
LAND OF THE FREE
>>
are ameriucan cops mind controlled?
>>
Police can arrest you for any reason. He did it to scare the staff into giving him blood. They're adult bullies.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihQ1-LQOkns
>>
>>174170
>this guy was an adult bully

This is correct, but you're an idiot if you don't think there are going to be bad cops out there. Both guys were clearly frustrated and the most ridiculous part of all of this, to me, is HOW she was arrested. He could have easily said, "You're under arrest, please come with me to the car" or "You're under arrest, turn around so I can cuff you". He did not. He said, basically, "we're done here" and aggressively grabbed her. That's the part where he fucked up. And that is the part that was clearly done out of spite. I'm usually on the side of the cop until I see all the evidence but this is cut and dry and both those guys need to lose their jobs immediately. Whether it was legal or not. She was not a threat, she was not being actively threatening, and he had no reason to believe she would resist.

If you watch the whole video, the other cop even says something to the effect of "we're sick of dealing with your guys' shit", completely ignoring that they've been given a directive by their superiors on when and how to draw blood for officers.
>>
>>174075
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PScmRiaZhwk
>>
>>174204
Not only should they lose their jobs, they should be charged with assault and aggravated kidnapping since they were armed when they committed the unlawful arrest.
>>
>>174075
Quick: Cop tells you to break the law what do you do?
>>
In further news; the unconscious guy, who had been hit head on by a drunk driver fleeing the cops, was himself a reserve police officer for a neighboring town.

That police department has come out praising the nurse for not knuckling under to the asshole cop, who was trying to illegally get blood drawn from someone who was under no suspicion of doing anything wrong.
>>
>>174411
Call the police.
>>
ACAB
>>
>>174411
Call the uh...FBI?
>>
>>174411
Get arrested while protesting, get lawyer. Sue the fuck out of department.

The police can arrest you, anytime they want, and hold you for a set amount of time. But you can fuck them over in court afterwards for wasting your time or not following procedure. This woman was right and the bodycams will ensure she gets restitution
>>
>>174412
>In further news; the unconscious guy, who had been hit head on by a drunk driver fleeing the cops, was himself a reserve police officer for a neighboring town.

The thinking of the offending officer was to protect his friend, the reserve police officer, by collecting evidence to show he was not under the influence of drugs. When the nurse said she was protecting the rights of the unconscious officer, the offending officer said he was trying to protect him too. The offending officer was well aware of the laws, he is a phlebotomist in the police's special department.

making this right:

1) the nurse was attacked by this officer with the support of other officers. she is due a very public apology and a significant/punitive cash compensation from the police department, minimum one million dollars

2) in the interest of continuing close cooperation between the hospitals, nursing staff, and law enforcement, some very public statements need to be made about correct procedure and the penalties for not following them and procedures for insuring this won't happen again.

3) the offending officer has betrayed his oath and his benefits should be clawed back and he should be demoted and left in a situation where he would probably rather resign than stay in the department. the other officers who stood by while this was going on are also guilty and need to be disciplined in a way that will warn other officers.
>>
Why didn't she tip? How was nobody shot?
>>
>>174411
Hunger strike
>>
>>174550
>the offending officer has betrayed his oath and his benefits should be clawed back and he should be demoted and left in a situation where he would probably rather resign than stay in the department. the other officers who stood by while this was going on are also guilty and need to be disciplined in a way that will warn other officers.
He and any of his superiors under whose direct instructions he was acting should be fired immediately and should face charges, as should all cops who knowingly break the law when anyone is harmed in any way as a result. That anything less than that sounds reasonable to anyone is why there are so many bad cops and why cops get such bad press.
>>
>>174075
The fact that the nurse was named Wubbels completely ruins the seriousness of the article. "Nurse Wubbels" is what a two year old calls her toy. The officer being named Payne didn't help.
>>
I'm jealous of her. Easiest lawsuit in history, and a nice juicy payout at taxpayer's expense.
>>
>>174620
> ensuring the the authorities are operating ethically and in the best interests of the people they serve.
> waste of taxpayer's money.

You're an actual faggot.
>>
>>174596
>That anything less than that sounds reasonable to anyone is why there are so many bad cops and why cops get such bad press.

This a million times over.
>>
This just adds to the number of delusional officers that believe they have more power than they do, that their jobs aren't to protect the public, and that they believe we're in a police state.
Officers are generally delusional; they don't come from the critical thinking stock, they come from the confirmation bias stock.
>>
>>174075
Based as fuck. I'm sick of the war on police being waged by Soros and his minions. Its about time that the police start to not giving a fuck again. I don't care what the circumstances are, you are to fucking obey the police and do as your told. Its about time the police start fighting back again. Based.
>>
Shit like this makes me think privately-owned law enforcement agencies who are subject to the same laws as average citizens might not be such a crazy idea.

This piece of shit should be charged with assault, but no, since he's a cop he'll get administrative leave for a while, then work a desk for a year or so, and be back on the job once everyone's forgotten about his fuck-up.
>>
>>174994
If he does get fired, he can move to another city and become a cop there. Becoming a cop is too easy.
>>
Be nice to Detective Payne, his family was murdered by drug addicts
>>
5% of police officer's are dicks Gavin McGinnis said so
>>
>>174797
Police officers are screened out for being too smart. This guy got screened out for having an IQ of 125:

abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836
>>
>>174994
This is how things were in Neil Stephenson's Snow Crash. Everything from the roads to the land is owned and sold as a service by corporations. The cops prefer non-lethal weapons and give lengthy disclaimers before arresting you. It's dystopian in a grudging way, like the author knew exactly what would happen 50 years from now.

It seems like a book channer's would like if they haven't read it already
>>
>>174075
>Violently Arrested
wrong, she was putting on a show like most annoying cunts do. Maybe she shouldn't have resisted.
>>
>>174411
Do it.
>>
>>175252
Wouldn't that make her a "boot licker"?
>>
the cop got fired

turns out that you actually cant arrest someone for not allowing you to stab them and steal their bodily fluids without a warrant or consent
>>
>>175252
You'd probably suck a cop's dick if he ordered you to.
>>
>>174075
Police have also been known to arrest firefighters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNaXcYezt-8
>>
>>175224
I understood that reference
>>
>>174961
Bootlicker
>>
>>174797
>This just adds to the number of delusional officers that believe they have more power than they do, that their jobs aren't to protect the public, and that they believe we're in a police state.
That's true though, the cops exist to serve the state and not the people, its just that a few of them are getting caught now that there are cameras everywhere. For fuck's sake, 1/3 of the manufacturing in this country is done by prison slave labor.
I wonder how bad things will have to get before the bootlickers start to realize that the state is not on the side of the people, only on the side of the ruling class.
>>
>>175447
>the bootlickers start to realize that the state is not on the side of the people, only on the side of the ruling class.
I'll take "things that will never happen" for $200
>>
>>174994
by that logic, mercenaries should be better behaved in war zones than actual soldiers.

I dont believe this is the case. And what institution would police the police in your scenario? Different private companies?

Sounds like you're advocating some form of anarchy, where whoever has the most badass private cop-army dictates what the law is
>>
>>174411
Turn on the record audio function on my phone and just ask the cop to repeat themselves until I have sufficient enough evidence to guarantee my freedom and their incarceration. Then I make a decision on committing said crime taking into consideration the harshness of what they want and the consequences of doing and not doing it.

Either way, I should be safe.
>>
>>175231
>Police officers are screened out for being too smart. This guy got screened out for having an IQ of 125:

Because their line of thinking was that he would move on sooner than later and they'd lose the return on investment for hiring someone too qualified.
>>
>>175709
Or they don't want people who will think for themselves
>>
>>175267
Is there sauce on this to confirm he got fired?
>>
>>175248
Good book. Loved the baroque cycle too. Cryptonomicon was the apex. Reamde ruined it.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.