[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Podesta Group, subpoena'd by Mueller Probe, retroactively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/348046-mueller-subpoenas-six-manafort-linked-pr-firms-report
>Two of the firms, Podesta Group and Mercury LLC, worked in Washington with Manafort partner Rick Gates, according to lobbying disclosure records. Three other firms worked in Europe, the executive said. NBC News could not confirm the identity of those three.
>At the time, Ukraine was run by a pro-Russian political party that had paid Manafort $17 million for consulting in 2013 and 2014, according to Manafort's latest foreign lobbying disclosure filing, which he filed belatedly under Justice Department pressure.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/how-do-you-say-whoops-in-russian-podesta-group-retroactively-files-more-doj-disclosures-for-pro-putin-work/article/2632538
>The Podesta Group belatedly filed several new disclosures with the Justice Department on Aug. 17 related to work the firm completed between 2012 and 2014 on behalf of a pro-Russia Ukrainian think tank.
>Back in April, the powerful Washington lobbying firm run by Clinton ally Tony Podesta filed a document admitting its work for the pro-Russia European Centre for a Modern Ukraine may have principally benefited a foreign government. New disclosures revealed dozens of previously unreported interactions the firm made with influential government offices, including Hillary Clinton's State Department and the office of former Vice President Joe Biden, while lobbying on behalf of the center. Embattled ex-Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort failed to disclose his extensive lobbying efforts on behalf of the center at the time as well.

How do you say 'whoops' in Russian? Someone ask the Washington Post.
>>
>>171960
Really /news/?
Absolutely nothing to say about this?

Why, I'm shocked.
>>
>>172552
So what do you want to see, more anti-Hilary memes that're about as relevant as her political career right now? Even if Podesta's linked to the shady business that Manafort's neck-deep in, the fact remains that Trump is still suspect. The guilt of others doesn't absolve his own; it merely means the net will have to be cast wider.
>>
>>172552
Wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>172552

I suppose given the crap dumped on some Trump staff and WH officials for not properly disclosing meetings, this gives room to try and argue hypocrisy, but it wouldn't be a great argument (the groups hiring the lobbyists may not have disclosed who controlled them, none of this was about granting an individual national security clearance, and so on).

It really just shows that an entity with cash can have its lobbying intertwining with both parties in Washington, and thats unfortunate business-as-usual.

I guess if there's something useful out of this its that people talking about Podesta can froth about Russian collusion, instead of cheese pizza?
>>
>>172572
That's what I'm saying about every goofy Russian spoof the news poops out
>>
>>171960
I knew about this for weeks. The Podesta group is dirty too. Maybe he didn't so much fall for this Russian phishing attempt as he did purposefully give them all his emails. All these slimy assholes have no morals.
>>
>>172666
>"Russian phising attempt"
Lol Seth rich is American
>>
>>172552
To be honest. I have been a good prole lately and been focused on myself and game of thrones. I just don't give a shit unless it's a draft notice or a subpoena right now. I can't help maga sitting here reading 4chan anyways.
>>
>>172670
Who the fuck is Seth Rich?
>>
>>172697
http://lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=Seth+Rich
>>
>>172697
>Doesn't know who Seth Rich is
>Doesn't know how to use Google
>>
>>172552
It's some pretty weak damage control for the leaks the NYT printed

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html
>>
>>171960
>Podesta Group
lol fake news. the opening paragraphs are these
Special counsel Robert Mueller has issued grand jury subpoenas for public relations firms that worked on an international campaign organized by former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, according to NBC News.

The move is the first public indication that Mueller’s team is beginning to compel testimony from witnesses — and suggests that Manafort may be in serious legal peril.
Stop trying to make trump look god and the dnc bad.. LOSER
>>
>>172697
its just a made up story by trump himself it turns out.
>>
>>172837
>New York Times
Lol fake news, Carlos Slims
>>
>>172851
What's fake about it? Trump's guy was bragging about it at the time.
>>
>>172860
NyTimes is just a CIA puppet outlet, it's like common knowledge
>>
>>172934
>it's common knowledge
According to whom?
>>
>>172837
>Both articles printed days before the NYT article
>"Lol it's just damage control"
That's not damage control.

This is damage control:
>>172571
>>172572
>>172651

Do you all really think that if a financial group close to, or hell, run by Trump "retroactively" admitted after being subpoenaed by this investigation that they had ties to a pro-Russian pro-Putin Ukrainian based think tank it'd be written off as nothing? You think they'd be burying the subpoena itself nine paragraphs deep in an article? Or would every major MSM outlet, including the Podesta Group linked WaPo- (also coincidentally one of the biggest mouthpieces for the Russian-Collusion narrative)- be shouting from every available mountaintop and market square about how it was clear evidence of criminal collusion?

>>172841
>muh fake news when it doesn't benefit what I like
The Podesta Group supposedly was involved in, and therefor had knowledge of shady dealings involving Russian collusion- that allegedly involve Manafort and also allegedly ties to Trump- but doesn't say a fucking thing about and it and only retroactively discloses it after being subpoenaed.

That's definitely something someone without anything to hide does- right?

>>172697
>Who the fuck is Seth Rich?
A DNC staffer who was killed in a "robbery gone wrong". Heavily alluded to by Wikileaks to be the source of the leaked DNC emails.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.