[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Female burglar gets no jail time. Judge tell her 'If you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/if-you-were-a-man-you-d-be-going-to-jail-judge-tells-woman-burglar-1-8716758
>A mother who burgled an occupied house was told she would have been sent straight to jail if she "were a man" by a judge.
>Terry Remmer sneaked into the house of a "frightened" older man, in Washington in the early hours of August 14 last year and made off with an abundance of goods.
>However Recorder Mark Lowe, QC, handed the 23-year-old a suspended sentence - warning her that she would have been jailed if she was a man.
>Prosecutor Paul Newcombe said: "This case was an occupied dwelling house burglary and the occupant was disturbed.
>"He awoke at 5am to hear someone was creeping around the house. He heard items being moved and he was frightened.
>"The entry was gained through an insecure patio door."
>Mr Newcombe told the court how the victim was so terrified, that instead of going down to confront the burglar himself, he text his daughter to ask for her help.
>When his daughter and her boyfriend arrived, Remmer had already fled the scene.
>Mr Newcombe explained how just six hours later, the mother-of-one was spotted selling one of the stolen items, a camera, at an electrical store in Sunderland.
>Newcastle Crown Court heard how she has a number of previous convictions, including for shoplifting and theft.
>She pleaded guilty to a charge of dwelling house burglary.
>Stuart Graham, defending, said that Remmer turned to drugs after developing post traumatic stress disorder.
>But Newcastle Crown Court heard that she is now completely clean from heroin and has cut down from 125g of methadone a day to just 10g.
>Mr Graham said: "It is a tragic story. Her ex partner introduced her to heroin.
>"He persuaded her that she would feel better if she took it, but now she has conquered it.
>"She is deeply remorseful. She said that going into that house was a crazy thing to do."
>>
>>171101
>Sentencing her to 18 months suspended for 18 months, Recorder Lowe said: "The gravity is that if you were a man you would be going to prison today.
>"But I have to take into account not only your welfare but the welfare of your child."
>Remmer, of Waterloo Walk, Washington, was also ordered to complete a 30 day rehabilitation requirement and was ordered to pay a statutory surcharge.

Another victory for feminism! Smash the Patriarchy!
>>
It was the homeowner's fault for not just shooting her.

Taking degenerates out when they commit violent crimes is still legal
>>
>>171116
Remember, this took place in Britain and not the land of the free.
>>
>>171101
If anything, left-wing posters should be upset that the child was allowed to be raised by a felon instead of being handed to some sort of protective services.

Because this is technically what the right wing wants: keep the govt out of families. Don't break up families
>>
>>171101
So incarcerated them in prisons along side male inmates. Bitches can sink or swim like the rest of the dregs if humanity.
>>
Junkies should be executed, worthless parasites.
>>
>>171217
mm
>>
Is OP's pic real? God that shit gets me mad
>>
>>171101
The judge should be imprisoned in her stead, then.
>>
>>171136
I humorously assumed it be Britain when I read the headline and was flabbergasted for a moment when I read it took place in Washington and thought it was the US.
>>
>>171223
Yes. It's not the only one either there are other articles saying we should only send men to prison. It's becoming a mainstream view among feminists these days. Hillary even said something like that in the campaign. She said we have too many women in prison (even though over 90% of prisoners are male), and that we need to stop sending female drug users to jail (again even though 90% of drug users in jail are men). She also implied that female criminals shouldn't be blamed for their crimes the way male criminals are.
>>
>>171101
>disproportionately affected by a system designed for men
100% of the inmates in women's prisons designed for women are women.

Why are leftists so anal retentive about gender/racial disparity?
>>
>>171101
Feminism working as intended, can you feel the 'equality' :^)
>>
>>171217
amen, lets start with the coffee drinkers
>>
>>171277
>when you can't tell the difference between feminism and traditional attitudes towards gender roles.

What do people even want!?
>>
>>171258
>Why are leftists so anal retentive about gender/racial disparity?
Because victimhood is power in this modern failure of a society, so it's advantageous to seek all the ways you could possibly be construed as a victim.
>>
She would dumpster certainly be a victim if she tried this in my city. The victim of a lethal dose of buckshot. Honestly the man was so frighten he called his daughter for help? About a year ago in a nearby town a 12 year old boy shot an killed two intruders to protect his teenage sister from rape.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.