[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MSNBC Ranks as No. 1 Cable Network in Total Viewers for First

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: rachel-maddow.jpg (166KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
rachel-maddow.jpg
166KB, 670x377px
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/msnbc-cable-news-ratings-charlottesville-1202531567/

>For Wednesday, Aug. 16, MSNBC averaged 1.52 million viewers for the total day across all of cable, edging out second place Fox News, who averaged 1.5 million. CNN ranked fourth among all cable networks for the day with 1.13 million total viewers. However, in the key adults 25-54 demographic, CNN was number one among the cable news networks for the total day, averaging 381,000 viewers in that measure. Fox News was second in the demo for total day with 353,000 viewers, and MSNBC was third with 343,000.

>In primetime, MSNBC was also first in total viewers among the cable news networks with 2.61 million viewers. Fox News was second with 2.4 million. CNN was third with 1.59 million. In the key demo for primetime, MSNBC was first with 613,000. Fox News narrowly outpaced CNN for second place with 560,000, with CNN averaging 557,000.

>Across all of broadcast in primetime, Wednesday’s episodes of “The Rachel Maddow Show” and “The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell” were among the top 10 shows of the night in total viewers, with Maddow averaging 3.25 million viewers at 9 p.m. and O’Donnell averaging 2.54 million at 10. They were both the highest-rated and most-watched cable news programs in their respective time slots, with Maddow also nabbing 778,00 viewers in the key demo and O’Donnell nabbing 597,000.

>Airing against Maddow, Fox’s “The Five” averaged 2.31 million viewers and 577,000 viewers in the demo. CNN’s Anderson Cooper averaged 1.52 million viewers with 550,000 in the demo. At 10 against O’Donnell, Fox’s Sean Hannity pulled in 2.46 million viewers and 594,00 in the demo. CNN’s Don Lemon drew 1.58 million viewers and 542,000 in the demo.
>>
>At 8 p.m., CNN’s Anderson Cooper was first in the demo with 580,000 viewers but third in total viewers with 1.67 million. Fox’s Tucker Carlson was second in the demo with 508,000 but first in total viewers with 2.43 million. MSNBC’s Chris Hayes was third in the demo with 463,000 but second in total viewers with 2.01 million.

>Cable news has been in overdrive for the past few days after violence broke out at a rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend at which a number of white supremacist groups protested the removal of a statue of Confederate general Robert E. Lee. One protester was killed after a car driven by an alleged white supremacist plowed into a group that was blocking a roadway. Earlier this week, President Trump held a press conference at Trump Tower in New York in which he again asserted that “both sides” were to blame for the violence.

End article.
>>
Allahu Akbar!
The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
Stop America's doing its all wars now!

I love American99% and the U.S.

China, Germany and Japan must loosen Germany's, Japan's and China's monetary policies now!
China, Germany and Japan must stimulate Germany's, Japan's and China's domestic demands now!
Japan and Germany must issue a lot of construction bond now!
Japan and Germany must reduce Germany's, Japan's and China's taxes now!
The U.S. must tighten its monetary policy now!
As a result, Dollar value will rise!
The U.S. will have trade surplus!

Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.
Islamists' true enemies are Japan, Germany, China, FRB, top1%, Wall Street, American Military Industry and DOD!
Japan is the country which has been promoting Globalization!!!
Allahu Akbar!
>>
right wing trump propaganda outlet loses popularity
right wing corporatist propaganda outlet gains popularity
>>
People like watching car crashes, or in this case, a fake news car crash
>>
So I guess Fox News is fucked.
>>
Not surprising.

Fox has pissed off a good portion of the right and is now considered fake news.
MS is upping the brainwashing of the left.
CNN is just doing fuck all.
>>
>>169369
>right wing trump propaganda outlet loses popularity
You're ignorant. I'll help.

FOX News was #1 before the election. What changed?

I used to watch FOX literally everyday. I stopped watching cable news the day after the election.

I stopped BECAUSE FOX is anti-Trump and I don't want to support them. Also, we won. Things are going great. So even on days when I feel like watching Tucker or Hannity there is no reason too.

Trump is working hard. The democrats are trying to destroy America. And I don't need to waste my days staring at repetitive garbage.

I'll tune in tune to FOX during the next election, unless there is a more patriotic cable news channel.
>>
>>169596
Btw FOX News is still #1, even though many conservatives are enjoying real life right now. This was a fluke.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.