[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CBS: "I went into the Army believing that we had to defeat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

File: DJTc.jpg (496KB, 1912x1046px) Image search: [Google]
DJTc.jpg
496KB, 1912x1046px
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/world-war-ii-vets-weigh-in-on-trump-and-charlottesville/

NEW YORK -- William Johnson, Henry Beckam Jr. and Edward Field fought in World War II on the side of history that believed in freedom for all.

"I am a Tuskeege Airman," Johnson said.

"I went into the Army believing that we had to defeat the Nazis," Field said.

"I can still tell you my Army serial number," Beckam said.

Field flew on planes that dropped bombs. "I flew 27 missions and on all of them we were shot at," he told CBS News' Jericka Duncan.

"Even after fighting that war, you thought things would change for the better?" Duncan asked.

"It did," he replied.

"When you look at what's happening today?" she asked.

"It's terrible," he said.

The 93-year-old Field calls the images out of Charlottesville, Virginia repulsive.

"When the president of the United States makes a comment saying, 'what about the "alt-left" that came charging,'" Duncan said.

"Well it's idiotic," he said.

"It's unbelievable that we have the Nazi party here in the United States," Beckam said.

Beckam was drafted in 1942 and served as a mechanic for the Army air force. He said there's no place in the U.S. for the Nazi flag.

"God wrote the Bible ... it doesn't say anything in there about the color of the skin makes one better than the other," Beckam said

And 90-year-old William Johnson was with the Tuskegee Airmen, a segregated group of black military personnel who were not allowed to serve alongside whites.

"And it is not a better world when the President of the United States, OK, gives into racism and bigotry and don't understand how far we've come towards freedom and equality for everybody," he said.

More than 70 years later, the fight to defeat a hateful ideology is still alive. On the front lines once again are people willing to stand up and face what's in front of them.
>>
Fake left wing news
>>
>>169002
fpbp
>>
>>169001
If you want a real eye opener read what some of the military leaders from WWII wrote about the war and why we fought it
>>
oh, sure, WWI and WWII never happened. fake news. nope, 'murica didn't beat the nazis. fake news. nope, st. reagan didn't give that speech. methinks the alt-right kool aid krew has come fully unhinged from reality. so sad, so so sad
>>
>>169006
prove it happened you literally cant
>>
>>169001
How does the Reagan speech clash with the Trump one? Sure Trump sounds like a child compared to Reagan's polish, but the statements are not contradictory.
There were people from both sides over the weekend looking for a fight and a bunch of others who got swept up in the mayhem. Everyone knew it was going to be trouble from the start, and honestly 1 death due to a schizo in a car is a lot better then I thought given all the guns that were present.
>>
>>169012

prove you were alive 1 year ago today. prob more evidence of wwii than of you being a human on earth 1 year ago. assuming you are human of course
>>
>>169014

Doesn't really seem Reagan was letting any of the Nazis off the hook as being fine ppl. Seems he was backing Americans who fought Nazis all the way all the time. Just guessing there tho
>>
>>169014

The liberal narrative is that neo nazis are taking over the US, but the reality is no one gives a shit and most people are just tired of these alt left groups like BLM and antifa calling everyone a racist and shooting cops
>>
>>169022
so sayeth the paid troll army
>>
>>169001
Contrary to popular belief, the alt-right are not all nazis and many of them are not violent. There are always going to be extremists in every group, including those who went to counter protest. As I said, there were people there from both sides who were looking for a fight.
Also it is a little harder to take both sides when giving a speech to veterans on the 40th anniversary of one of the bloodiest battles in WW2. Even so, do you really think that all members of Nazi Germany were 100% evil all of the time and there was not even a small portion who were misled and swept up in all the turmoil?
>>
Someone like a wwii vet is not going to say that political stuff. They have been through too much.
Here's what a veteran said about hollywood's latest wwii revisiting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwaJcZnR7us
>>
>>169024

The irony of a shariablue shill calling someone a paid troll is not lost on me
>>
>>169030

irony is a strong word. a wrong word, but a strong word, and multisyallbic. but ive been a real republican for a long long time. i'm with reagan: we beat the nazis once. trump may want them joining his clubs, but america needs to absorb wartime losers like it needs a hole in the head. most racists and nazis are just scared because most of them can no longer compete economically. they don't have the skills, don't have the energy to retool or retrain, the ability to stand out by achieving more than others who are hungrier and more desperate to do better. so they need to scare everyone else away and stop everyone else making them looking bad by outpacing them. you see the same "woe is me victimization" on the far left too. i'm sure trump would be referencing the "very fine" soviets too if there was a buck to be made on it.
>>
>>169017
>being this retarded
>believing propaganda

ww2 never happened, idiot

do you even watch dr flash?
>>
>>169026
>all members of Nazi Germany were 100% evil

not at all. most were living with blinders on, and too invested in not thinking critically. and of course, terrified of being informed on by their neighbors. coercion is a pretty powerful tool. but the republican party doesn't even need coercion when the president is setting up tea service for the friendly local nazi who just wants to share some pamphlets and free literature :)
>>
>>169032
hmmmm that sounds like one of those sites my mom won't let me go to, sorry
>>
>>169006
Lol ww2 was about Hitler trying to destroy the international banking system and them not letting that happen by forcing everyone else (who were and are all in insurmountable debt to the system) to fight against him
>>
>>169037
that's one way to look at it. not exactly how the people of poland and today's czech republic and the ruhr valley might see it. but considering wwii never happened, hard to pinpoint fictional causes for a fictional war that never happened anyway :)
>>
>>169031

Blatant shareblue

How many "I'm with her" shirts do you own that you can't wear now?
>>
>>169039
so, basically, cannot provide any credible reply, so make up fake assumptions and attack the commenter? the interwebs are so impressed. and i voted djt since i couldn't stomach the alternatives, which looking back means i probably deserve a lobotomy. maybe then we could prob be friends, huh? maybe yes, maybe no, guess we'll never know. i'm heartbroken. you sound like a gem.
>>
>>169042

Dumb fucking alt left shill

You're not fooling anyone. You definitely didn't vote for Trump
>>
>>169044
his IQ has triple digits so that's fair enough to assume
>>
Trump might be influenced by a Helter Skelter cult, it would make sense that he's trying to normalize this kind of thing.
>>
>>169081
>>169044
>>169039
I get the feeling that /pol/ molding itself to be on perpetual high alert for shills will eventually bite it in the ass in the long run.
>>
>>169086
how fucking new are you
>>
>>169088
Not very but tell me where you stand anyway.
>>
>>169086
Extremism bites everyone in the ass eventually.
>>
>>169001
holy shit a historical figure was made to look good because of his cherry picked quote when put to a quote from yesterday? Fuck Trump almost sounds like a child trying to tell both sides they have valid arguments and concerns but shit if you see a spud report them.
>>
>>169005
no you dont get it hes black so the black youth that is trying to be angered can relate but unlike them his concerns are valid given when he lived
>>
>"I am a Tuskeege Airman," Johnson said.
didn't read
>>169002
when the first post is the best post.
>>169006
fuck off reddit loser virgin
>>
>>169024
I -wish- I was being paid. All I do is say what I believe is right.
>>
Interesting Article! How many of you readers know that Trump's grandfather was born in Germany? Does this potentially signify anything valid about his character and/or personal beliefs?
>>
>>169495
Who gives a shit? The entire midwest and much of the northeast is descended from germans as well as hundreds of thousands of texans and left coasters.
>>
>>169026
If you don't tell faggots waving nazi flags and doing their spergy nazi chants to fuck off out of your otherwise reaonable protest, you're enabling and accepting them. It really is a shame, I think it'd be great to keep the statues in a museum at the very least, but now these roleplaying mongoloids have ruined any chance at that.
>>
>>169629
True, it was the job of the right to keep the blatant pronazi shit out of the protest. Even if there was no conflict or fatalities those idiots would have completely ruined the image of the protest.
When part of your platform is claiming the media does not treat you fairly, why in the fuck would you go out of your way to give them ammo?
>>
>>169635
Exactly, public image is an important part of any movement. I just hope a few years after this shitshow we can make proper monuments to the actual soldiers of the confederacy and honor them.
>>
>>169014
That image is absolutely retarded, you are comparing a canned speech at a war anniversary, to Trump taking questions from reporters in a hallway, and being constantly interrupted.
> and- and- and- and-
Absolutely unfair, he had to repeat himself over the reporter interrupting him.
This image and this article were made purely to paint the president in a bad light, I dont care what side of the political spectrum you are on, if you cant see that obvious fact, then you are factually retarded.
>>
>>169020
>everyone who attended unite the right was a nazi
>the entire right wing are nazis
>wearing or displaying nazi symbols make you an actual literal German Nazi from ww2

Yeah, and i suppose every anfa is a literal Soviet Communist as well, i mean they wear those bandanas so they must be, right?

Why are people taking these larpers seriously? Both sides are retarded, what really scares me is all the attention these faggots are getting.

If you are blocking a road illegally, and you get hit by a car, you are at least partially to blame, i dont care what the drivers intentions were. I believe he panicked.
>>
>>169644
Of course. Unfortunately given the state of this boards posters over the past week I had to make a small concession and discuss the image at face value in order for people to read past the first line. The entire rest of my post is designed to be neutral and in favor of his statements if you read a little further.
>>
>>169039
I agree with you so let me give you some advice, raise the quality of your posts, or dont post.
>>
>>169152
You fucking idiot, both sides cant have valid points, then how do i know what to virtue signal to get more likes on instagram?
>>
>>169646
>I believe he panicked

Remember you wrote this the next time you try attacking someone for Muslim apologism. No matter how thuggish some of the Antifa protestors got, NONE of them tried to commit murder. The same cannot be said for the neo-Nazi shitsack in that Challenger, and the real controversy in this whole tragedy is why he wasn't put on a watchlist based on his incriminating criminal history and social media profile.
>>
>>169635
Gee, its almost like the entire rally was controlled opposition, who could have possibly guessed.

>hold rally claiming to represent the entire right wing political spectrum
>put the most degenerate neo nazis you kind find center stage
>give everyone torches like its a kkk rally
>media eats it all up just like you planned
>now anyone holding even the slightest right wing views is a literal nazi kkk member
>brilliant

Why cant people see obvious things that are obvious?
>>
>>169657
>anything that makes my side look bad is part of a larger conspiracy

Go dindu somewhere else you fucking nigger.
>>
>>169647
I was just adding to what you said
>>
>>169660
Sorry, I misread the context of the "you" in the first sentence as being directed at me.
>>
>>169654
I believe he panicked, you fucking moron, what part of that do you not understand. He was not trying to kill anyone, at worst he was stupidly insisting on his valid right to drive down a public road.

He approached the crowd at a safe speed, his car was hit hard with a bat, he panicked, accelerated, didnt realize there were other cars blocking the road, armed mob now rushing his car, he backs up.

Roads are for cars retards, if you attack my car with a weapon and make me feel afraid, you better believe im going, you better get the fuck out of the way. That mob had no legal right to block that road.

>ROADS
>ARE
>FOR
>CARS
>>
>>169657

>pol beats chest anytime an "alt-right" rally goes well and advances their cause
>the second it crosses their imaginary threshold of chimping out they themselves go apeshit and refuse to accept the blame

Children everyone!
>>
>>169658
>leadership encourages rally to do things they know will turn people against them
>not controlled opposition
Its pretty obvious, are you assuming my political affiliation?

>defends anfa, blm, and msm
>entire post is a racist pol meme
What am i even dealing with here?
>>
>>169664
Anyone who attends any of these mobs on either side are larping retards and should be purged.

Just because I point out obvious sabotage, doesnt mean i support that faction.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.