[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FL State Senator introduces bill that makes it legal to drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: 1500227913247.png (50KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500227913247.png
50KB, 300x300px
Large protests and rallies like the Women’s March have swept the nation in recent months, spurring road closures and stunting traffic in the process.

Now, a Florida state senator has introduced a bill seeking to criminalize protests that block traffic.

Republican Sen. George B. Gainer, who represents a portion of the Panhandle that includes parts of six counties, proposed a bill that would prohibit protesters from “obstructing or interfering with traffic during a certain protest or demonstration.”

Under the bill, if protesters have not received a public assembly permit from their respective county or municipality, they would be charged with a second-degree misdemeanor.

Additionally, if a motorist unintentionally kills or injures a protester blocking traffic, they would “not be liable” for injury or death.

Gainer isn’t the only senator who’s introduced a bill aimed at penalizing protesters for blocking traffic. Lawmakers in Iowa, Michigan, Washington, North Dakota and Minnesota have introduced similar proposals, according to NPR.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/fl-reg-sen-bill-traffic-protesters-20170223-story.html
>>
>>168704
Good. Just because you are protesting does not make it alright to block people from going about their business. Get out of the road or prepare to face down a 2 ton "counter protest."
>>
>>168709
Your time just isn't worth that much; nobody's is. If someone is doing something illegal, unless you're at immediate risk of bodily injury, you call the police. You don't get to kill people because they're inconvenient and irritating.
>>
>>168729
When the police just let them stand in the road with no repercussions there is no use in calling them. So long as we keep catering to these protesters closing streets, they will continue to do it. Hell, they close the interstate down in my home state once a year or so due to this shit and yet no one ever gets charged.
>>
>>168736
if law enforcement are not doing their job, you still don't kill people. You file a complaint and then escalate to a lawsuit if necessary.
If the law itself is the problem you lobby your representatives.
There is never a point where someone becomes so inconvenient that it's acceptable to run them over with your car. It doesn't exist. Everyone has the same rights, including irritating people.
>>
>>168753
Get out of the road you fucking welfare mongrel. Just because you've never had s job doesn't mean those of us that do work and commute should have to put up with your bullshit every time someone hurts your wittle feewings
>>
>>168753
You misinterpret my words. Not yielding and maintaining a slow but steady pace into the crowd should not kill them. Show them that they have no power to close the streets and they will stop. So long as you keep aquiescing to their actions nothing will change.

And who are you going to file against? If the protesters are not arrested and allowed to go on their merry way then how will you ID someone to sue? They are changing the law, that is what this thread is about.
>>
>>168755
Get the fuck off the road yourself, you're clearly too unhinged to be trusted with a car.
>>
>>168755
>Mr Rosenberg said I'd be fired if I was late for another 10 hour shift. Damn protest cucks.
>>
>>168729
What if someone dies because of these shitheads when an ambulance can't get through with a patient in critical condition?

>>168756
>Not yielding and maintaining a slow but steady pace into the crowd should not kill them

It will however, typically agitate them into violently attacking your vehicle, at which point you are justified in responding with deadly force.
>>
>>168704
>Additionally, if a motorist unintentionally kills or injures a protester blocking traffic, they would “not be liable” for injury or death.
that's the only iffy bit really, everything else is golden. kill all liberals memes aside, giving people free reign to kill protesters by claiming that they were obstructing traffic is a fucking awful idea.
>>
>>168832
don't stand in the middle of the street
>>
Great taste in mobage, OP
>>
>>168832
Except they actually are obstructing traffic retard
>>
>>168729
>If someone is doing something illegal, unless you're at immediate risk of bodily injury, you call the police.

"if protesters have not received a public assembly permit from their respective county or municipality, they would be charged with a second-degree misdemeanor."

>You don't get to kill people because they're inconvenient and irritating.

"if a motorist unintentionally kills or injures a protester blocking traffic, they would “not be liable” for injury or death."

Why are you lying?
>>
>>168813
>>Not yielding and maintaining a slow but steady pace into the crowd should not kill them
>It will however, typically agitate them into violently attacking your vehicle, at which point you are justified in responding with deadly force.

Then the attackers are AT FAULT.

What don't you understand about this?
>>
>>168729
I found a little protesting shit.
Get a job you fucking trashmongrel. When a line of monkeys and numales blocks your path to that job, you'll learn.
The bill is flawless. Your protest is stopping my freedom to go to work, your protest can be done on the side of the road just like fag hating church mice.
Only niggers and niggerlovers are dumb enough to stand in the fucking road.
>>
>>168794
Why is this funny to you, are you a government teet sucking bitch?
>>
>>168864
He's arguing the same point you are dipshit
>>
>>168865
I've not even been to any protests, I work same as everyone, but you can't injure or kill someone for a reason like that. I get that it's annoying but how often do these things happen? You might have one instance of a protest where folks block your way once every blue moon anyway. And civil-disobedience often serves an important role in society.
>>
>>168813
>It will however, typically agitate them into violently attacking your vehicle, at which point you are justified in responding with deadly force.
if they're shooting at your vehicle or doing something likely to cause you serious injury, sure.
you seem to be desperate for excuses to run people down.
>>
>>168729
your life just isn't worth that much
>>
>>169068
this. ppl have the right of movement on the roads with transportation, not ppl.
>>
>>168704
estoy de acuerdo. Good job florida. More american than the other states.
>>
>>1168704
It's around time
>>
>>169065
Helicopters are too expensive to get all the liberals, so now we're employing cars.

It's working for the Muslims.
>>
I'm as conservative as they come, but what is the point of this law?

It is already illegal in every state to block the road, and it is explicitly not protected under the first amendment.

Instead of creating trash legislation that has no chance of being signed into law, how about just enforcing the laws already on the books and then no one would have been killed last week.
>>
Yes and all the protestors should stand in designated protest zones and be sure to not cause excess noise pollution!
>>
>>169314
I'd assume its to make it more clear to retards and cops to stop being fucking stupid.
>>
>>168753
>everyone has the same rights

Wrong, you may not have the right of way when someone else does, and if you infringe on that right you might get legally ran over
>>
One of the few moments I love living in Florida, I despise these parasites.
>>
>>169314
for people to stop having illegal protests. just get your faggot ass permit
>>
It's about damn time!
>>
>>168704
Good, black lives matter made this happen.
>>
>>168729
Their lives aren't worth that much. These people who back roads are terrorist
>>
YAY! I ferociously hate bad drivers but protesters on a ROAD no less is worse than a being invaded by a foreign country.
>>
No lives matter.

I unironically hope I get the chance to run over some of these whiny little self-righteous snowflakes. I'd really hate to end up doing any serious damage to my car, but fuck it - I'll take the risk. I'm so tired of these people.
>>
>>171911
>Blocking roads is terrorism
>>
San Francisco can't fucking do this, the roads are too damn crowded for traffic to move at all, much less move any damn faster than a scared liberal.
>>
>>169314
>what is the point of this law?
To sound angry to appeal to a mix of Floridian stupidity mixed with far right ideology. You can see by the approval in the thread that it's working.

I absolutely agree with your take on it though.
>>
>>168704
Wtf are you fucking retards talking about, the hole fucking point of protesting is to annoy people who otherwise wouldn't give a fuck about your problems, is the escence of protesting, otherwise is useless.
>>
>>172251
To prevent people from being attacked by blacklivesmatter thugs.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.