[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conservative And Independent YouTube Channels Hit By Censorship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 1

File: DG_7EVUU0AEysYk.jpg (69KB, 1136x476px) Image search: [Google]
DG_7EVUU0AEysYk.jpg
69KB, 1136x476px
YouTube is now demonetizing videos from content creators deemed too controversial for the platform, and conservatives and independents are being heavily impacted.

The move follows YouTube’s announcement earlier in August to catch and flag “controversial religious and supremacist” content hosted on the popular video-hosting website. Political and social commentators on YouTube are feeling the hurt—and they believe that they may be on a blacklist for having the wrong opinions.

The Daily Caller previously spoke to several popular commentary YouTubers who expressed skepticism of the system when the move was first announced last week.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/11/conservative-and-independent-youtube-channels-hit-by-censorship-and-demonetization/

Independent journalist and activist Luke Rudkowski, who runs WeAreChange, told The Daily Caller that hundreds of his videos were demonetized in a single day on Thursday, effectively killing his ability to earn a living on YouTube.
“Having had 660 of my videos demonetized in one day left me a little stunned since this is the core for my income but left me with the impression that this was done on purpose,” said Rudkowski, who said that the videos included some of his most popular videos from years ago. “This was videos from years ago predominately targeting the most viewed videos which has eviscerated my income.”
>>
This has really fucked with my ability to enjoy YouTube. My suggestion feed is shit now.
>>
As Mark Dice said. Imagine the phone company canceling your service because they didn't like what you and your friends talked about.
>>
it's affected all the news/politics channels.

>deemed too controversial
They could at least be honest enough not to state it as though it were established.
>>
Here is this Rudkowski guy from OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOkeJo2Tye8
>>
Well if conservatives are more likely to go full supremacist then what's youtube honestly supposed to do.

Their entire business model is serving ads yet companies have a conniption every time an ad of theirs accidentally gets served on some supremacist retard's channel.

Perhaps youtube could be more open about that in the first place (although in their contract they almost certainly protect their own right to demonetize at will) but it isn't a public service, it has bills to pay and revenue to earn.
>>
>>167224
"full supremacist"? lol
Luke Rudkowski is a classic liberal like Chomsky.
But he doesn't like Communists and Radical Islamists. That's why youtube banned him.
>>
>>167224
Ah yes, going all in already. No, no it's not that people with dissenting opinion get censored it surely HAS to be because they are radicals, supremacists and demagogues. It couldn't possibly be that they just want to silence anyone that dares to question their own politcal leaning. Our glorious corporate overlords have only our best intersts in mind, so never question them, fall in line and stop thinking differently.
>>
>>167224
I wonder who could be behind this post?
>>
>>167224
Enabling censorship for your opponents is the first step to enabling censorship for you.
>>
>>167216
>being this retarded
>>
>>167224
Have you even seen any of Rudowski's videos? He is definitely not a conservative. But by all means just jump right into partisan thinking immediately, really shows you're thinking things through.
>>
With all this whinging about YouTube, surely someone has a different website that does the same thing.
>>
>>167273
He's right. Same for people begging for donations. Get a job or stop whining.
>>
>>167216
>It's not censorship
>Despite the fact that it only happens to the people Google disagrees with
Kill yourself
>>
>>167212
Reminder that Google/YT actually hired Anita Sarkeesian, Zoe Quin, etc for this. They consulted whiny SJWs about what channels should be shut down for "hate speech"
Twitter did the same
>>
>>167212
BONK GANG NIGGA
>>
>>167224
>if conservatives go full supremist
Do you even understand what you're talking about?
>>
>>167279
Buddy if you were in charge of "real jobs" we'd be in the middle ages right now. People with real jobs depend on exposure of any kind.

Y'all are probably larping some conservative boomer. In another breath you're gonna play the good christian while forgetting how a church survives.
>>
>>167224
t. partisanhack.
>>
>>167212
does anyone know who the far right and moderate is? I have never seen that photo before
>>
Poor right wingers can no longer post their nazi propaganda and fake news on youtube. Oh the humanity.
>>
>demonization is censorship

No, it's just advertisers don't want to be associated with said channels. If I pay for an advertisement I should be able to choose who represents my product or service.
>>
>>167652
Then you should talk to google about being prohibited from advertising on channels/videos they demonetize.
>>
>>167678
They demonetized because big advertisers were complaining about the videos there ads were on. Google responded with faulty AI.
>>
>>167226
>But he doesn't like Communists and Radical Islamists. That's why youtube banned him.
Both those kinds of channels were affected by this as well, fuckwits
>>
>>167702
Wrong. The Young Turks are still up.
>>
>dailycaller.com
>>
>>167751
And they're neither of those. Dumb American
>>
The real issue here is not YouTube or the companies, but the low intelligence masses who can't disassociate a product with the subsequent content.
Basically, people ruined it for themselves and others by being stupid.

YouTube is just reacting to the companies who are reacting to the consumers. Idiocracy is quickly becoming a reality.
>>
>>167984
Wrong.
There are loads of advertisers that want to appear on these videos.
But youtube won't let them. This entire advertisers thing is a cheap excuse every brain dead retard can see through.
>>
>>167212
Chubby RDJ in the middle.
>>
>>167984
>Idiocracy is quickly becoming a reality.
>Implying it hasn't been reality for thousands of years
>>
>>168023
It hasn't. Up to the 20th century intelligence was arguably strongly selected for.
>>
>>167212
It's not just conservative YouTubers. It's literally the majority of channels.
>>
This is the first wave of losing net neutrality.

Enjoy it when it takes 4chan.
>>
>Useless YouTube leeches actually have to get a job

Oh no
>>
I know of a few prepper channels that have been having the same problem with YouTube and they have moved most of their content to Patreon.
>>
>>168060
I don't get this mentality.
They're generating content much like actors or animators or any other form of media producer - why do people see them as not having an 'actual job'?
They provide a service and get paid for it. Where's the rub?
Genuinely interested to know why.
>>
>>168062
Because all of the other things you listed require a hell of a lot more skill and effort than ranting about some random crap on your webcam once a week and uploading it to youtube.
>>
>>168068
You're completely wrong.
>>
>>168068
Can you elaborate on how each of the other things requires more effort? I've seen some pretty high quality shit on YouTube, and some pretty low quality shit in other forms of media.
I also don't think your explanation really clarifies why one can be quantified as a job and the other can't.
>>
>>167751
>TYT
>Communist
Yeah nah youre retarded, they're centrist libs
>>
>>168073
>centrist libs
t. communist who thinks fdr was far-right
>>
>>167640
The one on the right is Jordan Peterson, really interesting guy.
>>
Good. Alt-right apologists getting what they deserve.
>>
>>168795
Censoring opinions I don't like seems awfully fascist.
>>
>>167212
It;s almost like businesses don't want their advertisements showing before videos of scrawny beta supremacists autistically screeching about white genocide.
>>
>>168797
It's a private business, they aren't required to do anything. They can censor all they want. Don't like it, set up your own website.
>>
>>168817

So, when people kick out ethnic groups out of their establishments it's ok thing to do ?
>>
>>167324
Hate as much as you will but those two really hit the gold mine on their victim carreer.
>>
>>168820
That's in violation of the Civil Rights Act, you agree to terms of service when you sign up for YouTube and if they find you in violation they have every right to terminate your service and take down your videos.
>>
>>167640
the OP's pic is a joke on how Google directed searches are moving the goalposts on what's considered acceptable to talk about
Jordan Peterson is pretty much a Centrist, maybe Center Right, but for some reason some of the alt-right cretins have latched onto him as one of his own. He's basically a psychology professor who's really into Carl Jung and Nietzsche. IIRC his PhD thesis was about determining the probabilities of developing alcoholism; his early life seems like something out of trailer park boys.
>>
>>168072
>>168068
>>168062
Youtube viewers can easily mistake a video looking like it's well produced, and a video that actually has good content. Most of the videos being made by "conservatives" are made by people with no qualifications whatsoever.
>>
>>167212
The demonetization thing has been a thing for years , it seems no one cares until it personally affected them.
David firth got demonatized over a cartoon of a man with a lactating nipple.
>>
>>168867
So you could get by the Civil Rights Act by having potential applicants to sign a document that says "By signing this document I recognize that any employee discovered to be black will be terminated."?

Does that sound right to you? Youtube is practically a video-sharing monopoly, having them censor and ban right-wing content cuts a sizable part of this country from its' biggest video distributor.
>>
>>168931
Of course not, the Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination based on color, and they aren't shutting down right wing channels, they are shorting down channels enganged in what they consider to be hate speech. If they were taking channels down because the person was putting them up was black, white, Asian, etc they would be in violation. Their definition of hate speech is pretty explicit, if you violate it they have every right to kick you off their website. Don't like it? Set up a neo nazi video sharing site.
>>
>>167214
>This has really fucked with my ability to enjoy YouTube. My suggestion feed is shit now.

I was watching some historical vids on YouTube yesterday about the Romans (Historia Civilis) and for the first time in all my years of watching YouTube vids, I clicked on subscribe, so I wouldn’t have to search out the vids.

Immediately a YouTube pop-up “suggestion” flag appeared, promoting some kinda pro-Black #BLM Blame Whitey channel that has absolutely NOTHING to do with any of the videos I’ve ever watched.
>>
>>167215
>Imagine the phone company canceling your service because they didn't like what you and your friends talked about.

Indeed. Of course, Trump could have strengthened Net Neutrality to preserve freedom of speech but instead, he furthered the corporate take over of the Internet.
>>
>>167212
What's ludicrous is that Hillary Clinton is very right wing in both economics and socially. Not nearly as much as Donald but still very.

Bernie would be a centrist by European standards.
>>
>>168980

You mean just like Hillary was planning to do too?

All Trump can do is fight with liberals and alt lefties over pointless social issues that no one even gave a fuck about before

The globalists still get their way as the citizens fight amongst themselves
>>
It begins.

Soon all of the videos promoting Americanism and Capitalism will be flagged and removed by those red skin bastards.
>>
>>167215
>>167218
>>167253
>>168797
Free fucking market motherfucker.

>>168931
Things you cannot change (Race, disability, sex) are protected. Allowing people to discriminate on any of this doesn't allow fair competition.
>>
>>168995
>Free fucking market motherfucker.

Kind of like how liberals vandalize businesses and churches that don't agree to serve gays
>>
that's bullshit.
liberal channels were hit too.
>>
>>168995

>>Things you cannot change (Race, disability, sex) are protected. Allowing people to discriminate on any of this doesn't allow fair competition.

Disability can be changed sometimes.
Furthermore it's a false assumption that race and sex are insignificant.
>>
>>167224

Why can't someone have supremacist views?
Explain to me why this is absolutely intolerable.
>>
>>167226

They are cracking down on people who do not like certain things because they don't like people who don't like certain things.

There is absolutely no way the actioning of this mentality will back fire spectacularly.
>>
>>169008

The left has declared a complete and total war against white people and then decided that they simultaneously cannot stand up for themselves.

It's just another part of cultural marxism leading towards communism
>>
>>168980
>, he furthered the corporate take over of the Internet.
You mean the people in power in the white house want? Why did people ever think trump would do anything different? The president isn't the only person in power and they will just bend over for the others that are.

The only power trump has is to shitpost on twitter and even that might not last long.
>>
>>169000
Good thing they got Patreon.
>>
>>169000
>liberal channels were hit too

Source? Which ones?
>>
>>169170
Channels that advocate the destruction of america, like telesur or al jezula.
>>
>>167212
hillary is further right than the professor what the fuck are you talking about
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.