[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teen lands job after cop buys him the clothes he allegedly tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1494853995715.jpg (104KB, 900x650px) Image search: [Google]
1494853995715.jpg
104KB, 900x650px
A teenager who wore the shirt and tie that a Toronto cop bought for him after he allegedly attempted to steal them for a job interview has been hired.

Const. Niran Jeyanesan thought he was responding to a routine shoplifting call on Aug. 6 at a Walmart in the city’s north end. The 18-year-old who had allegedly attempted to make off with some clothes had picked out a long-sleeved shirt, a tie and a pair of socks. He told the officers they were meant for a job interview.

Jeyanesan said the teen told him he didn’t have the clothes he thought would land the “service industry position” he had applied for. He said his father had fallen ill and he wanted to help provide.

“He was very remorseful, very ashamed,” Jeyanesan said of the teen at the time. “I could see that this is truly a mistake and this person wanted a chance at life.”

Jeyanesan decided to purchase the shirt and tie for the teenager, who left the police station without charges following questioning. He also referred the teenager’s father to a job.

Police spokesperson Const. Allyson Douglas-Cook said the teenager called Jeyanesan, who gave the teen his number, and let him know that the outfit worked — he landed the position and starts work on Monday.

“There was already a sense of pride and admiration that I had toward the officer’s actions to begin with,” Douglas-Cook said. “(It) just added to it that much more when I heard the end result of how his actions have paid off thus far.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/08/11/teen-lands-job-after-cop-buys-him-the-clothes-he-allegedly-tried-to-steal-for-a-job-interview.html
>>
that's a heartbreaking story, the next time I see someone shoplifting from my store I will think twice before stopping them, what if they're really a good person who really needs what they're stealing but can't afford it?

#NotAllThieves
>>
>>167167
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOsZj-AjHQ
>>
>>167167
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__3hloLqseU
>>
Maybe it would be nice if as a country we could decide that our teenagers shouldn't have to go without clothes they can wear to work and more generally children shouldn't have to suffer lack of a level playing field because they have shitty parents, since free market has apparently not solved this problem. It seems not just a reasonable investment but something that can make a strong impact in quality of life for the people who need it most.
>>
>>167169
>>167170

I commend you for your duty
And God's blessing go with you.
>>
>>167173
>since free market has apparently not solved this problem
You dirty commie, we don't have a free market. In all likelyhood, you stupid commie, this kid's poverty was ensured by the welfare state, you stupid commie.
>>
>>167208
This is pathetic, it's like the muslim clerics in pakistan that blame all the country's problems on not being islamic fundamentalist enough.
Legislating with the expectation of our problems being solved once we've obtained utopian perfection never ever works.
If your ideology can't be counted on to produce incremental improvements in peoples' quality of life on the basis of individual policies, singular pieces of legislation, then it's useless. In fact it's probably actively destructive.
>>
>>167208
>we don't have a free market
I see there has been as many true capitalist country has there has been as many tru communist country.
>>
>>167208
Nor has any functional country in history, in fact. Your kilt's showing, Scottie.
>>
>>167165
That's nice. Maybe he'll pay the cop back now that he got a job?
>>
>>167167
I would make sure to see what they were stealing first. If it were the same as the story or similar, then perhaps. But if it's like a sweatshirt, a watch, and two pairs of jordans, don't hesitate to call them out.
>>
>>167165
>Toronto cop
>tfw in America the kid would've been shot.
>>
It's nice to see good news on the front page for once.
>>
>>167165
We love our police don't we? Damn right.
>>
>>167165
This story stinks. Sounds, looks, & feels like a PR bit.
>>
>>167327
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/27/us/cop-buys-diapers-trnd/index.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2871737/What-difference-week-makes-Cop-let-starving-mother-caught-stealing-eggs-just-hug-delivers-two-truckloads-food-feed-family-Christmas.html

Yeah what assholes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.