[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump thanks Putin for cutting US diplomats: 'We want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: trumpputin.jpg (519KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
trumpputin.jpg
519KB, 1180x842px
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/346108-trump-thanks-putin-for-expelling-us-diplomats-we-want-to-reduce-our

>President Trump thanked Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday for ordering the U.S. to cut its diplomatic staff by 755 people, his first public comments on the extraordinary move by Moscow in response to new sanctions legislation that Trump signed into law.

>Trump said he was thanking Putin because the decision allows the U.S. government to "cut down our payroll."

>“I want to thank him because we’re trying to cut down our payroll and as far as I’m concerned I’m very thankful that he let go of a large number of people because now we have a smaller payroll," Trump told reporters at his Bedminster, N.J. golf club.

>"There’s no real reason for them to go back. I greatly appreciate the fact that we’ve been able to cut our payroll of the United States," he continued. "We’re going to save a lot of money.”

>Putin announced last month that the U.S. diplomatic mission in Russia must cut its staff by 755 people, saying that his government had lost patience that its relationship with the U.S. would improve.
The Russian president's decision came after Congress overwhelmingly passed new sanctions targeting Russia, Iran and North Korea. The sanctions against Russia were prompted by the U.S. intelligence community's conclusion that the Kremlin sought to interfere in the 2016 presidential election and sway the race in Trump's favor.

>Putin has denied that his government was involved in the meddling efforts.

>Trump reluctantly signed the sanctions into law, arguing they infringed on his presidential powers.
>>
>>166802
What he said was dumber than average for him, especially since he must have known he was eventually going to get this question. However, with him in power what exactly were those diplomats going to do anyway?
>>
>>166824

Look at this butthurt cuck

Look at him

How many "i'm with her" shirts do you have that you can't wear?
>>
>>166825
is there any board pol docent ruin?
>>
>>166834
>Implying pol doesn't make each board significantly better
>>
>>166840
By constantly shitposting about their cuckold fetish and having no idea what they're talking about?
>>
>>166802
I love when trump trolls the left. I can already hear the Russia collusion yells on MSNBC and the Twitter twats.
>>
>>166824
It was actually very brilliant.
>>
>>166927

Ouch way to generalize/steryotype an entire group! Don't they teach you to avoid that at Cuck U.?
>>
Trump knows damn well who the real alpha in the relationship is. He better be thankful that he's getting that Russian cock up his ass.
>>
>>166840
>Literally being proud of being the /b/ of the 2010's

I wish people actually followed rules 1 and 2 all those years ago.
>>
>>166802
>Trump trying to smash the CIA to pieces
>Congress forces sanctions on Russia
>Putin kicks out 300 CIA agents in retaliation
>Trump thanks Putin for helping him
WTF
I LOVE CONGRESS NOW
>>
>>166951
>I can already hear the Russia collusion yells on MSNBC and the Twitter twats.
You _should_ hear it echong in your own head, as the human cheeto himself makes it increasingly obvious he serves Moscow.
>>
>>168221
>State Department diplomats are the CIA now

Nice try
>>
>>166953
>run on sentence
>brilliant
>>
>>166953
>It was actually very brilliant.
I'm sure it seems that way to _you_ Cletus.
He says he's glad to reduce the payroll, implying he couldn't have just laid these people off himself.
It's tempting to think he sounds like a fool because he's playing to fools (his base), but I;m pretty sure he sounds like a fool because he _is_ a fool
>>
to all russia-gaters
>>168275
crazy idea, the United States and Russia may have SHARED INTERESTS
and they should be COOPERATING more
so that they don't irrationally continue fueling the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX
and ARBITRARY IDEOLOGY WARS driven by the CIA and related operations
which contribute to BANKRUPTING THE POPULACES of both countries
>>
>>168281
>Cletus

look at this comic genius here, let's give him a hand
>>
>>168287
We work with enough brutal regimes full of subhumans, we don't need another on the list. Also,

>kleptocracy
>caring about the economic wellbeing of the populace
Weeeeeeew lad.
>>
>>168287
What interests they might share are overshadowed by the main geopolitical interests that drive their foreign policy. Russia wants to expand its near abroad by increasing its influence in eastern and central europe. This is accomplished though the break up the of EU by funding far-right groups and installing Kremlin Friendly Regimes in the countries of interest.

The US wants to prevent another superpower like the soviet union rising back up that can successfully challenge the it, so the US employs containment strategies such as expanding NATO, supporting the EU, increasing trade and security arrangements in East Asia, and so forth.

If the US and Russia are going to cooperate, then one of them is going to have to change its foreign policy. The US has tried twice with Russia to get them to change, once under Bush and again under Obama. The Russians do not give a fuck, and letting Russia have a free hand in europe again is supporting authoritarianism over democracy.
>>
>>166951
>Breaking the nose to spite the face

You faggots are the worse. You would suck dick if it made a liberal mad.
>>
>>168281
Except these people aren't fired. Instead they just return home and wait for reassignment. The native support staff Russians there might get cut but I"m sure a portion of them will be reassigned as well.
>>
>>168281
fuck off reddit
>>
>>168287
>Putin constantly saying cold War USSR was the best. Says he wants to return Russia to its Soviet Union glory.

How exactly do we have the same goals?
>>
>>168329
But then why did he thank Putin for cutting the payroll?
>>
>>168337
The same reason Trump think's our nuclear arsenal has been upgraded in under 6 months: Because he is a dumbass.

If you want proof nobody got cut you can look at interviews on C-Span from state department officials on the subject.
>>
>>168315
I've already seen these closeted faggots saying they hope Sam Hyde really did suck dick just to make lefties confused. /pol/ should be gassed.
>>
>>166802
so putin is saving American taxpayers $45,30,0000, and all you retards think this is a bad thing?

Thought you leftist war mongers wanted this
>>
>>168377
*4,530,0000 rather
>>
>>168277
The State Department, the CIA, US AID
It's all one and the same thing.

The State Department has more CIA agents working under diplomatic cover than actual diplomats.
>>
>>168380
Was Obama doing Putin a favor when he kicked a bunch of Russian Diplomats out?

I wonder why Putin got so pissed if Obama was saving him money?
>>
>>168340
I think the message you responded to was an irony trolling. or maybe i'm overestimating /pol/.
>>
>>168531
I think the message you responded to was an irony trolling. or maybe i'm overestimating my own ability to recognise what board I'm posting to.
Fixed.
>>
>>168377
>$45,30,0000,
>>168380
>*4,530,0000
>>
>>168336
this is a general answer, but the well-being of their respective countries
the united states has nothing to gain by interfering in all of these countries allied with and geographically bordering Russia
the united states military operations there are just a money sink
>>168311
>implying both countries aren't kleptocracies
ohohoho
>>168313
it's a futile and wasteful effort for the US to restrain Russia's influence in its particular region
the US's containment strategies are bad
in what particular way do you think Russia needs to change it's foreign policies for the US to stop funding civil wars, stop performing war exercises on Russia's borders, and stop with the anti-Russia rhetoric? can you be more specific?
my impression here is that the USA is the aggressor and antagonize here
>>
Russian bots are now posting Trump's height is a lie. That's why he's always walking funny.
>>
>>168377
Really puts a dent in that 50 billion military bump he did, huh.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.