[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

McCain on merit-based immigration bill: 'I wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 1

File: 1501878385348.jpg (83KB, 639x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501878385348.jpg
83KB, 639x800px
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Thursday cast doubt on a Trump administration-backed bill that would clamp down on legal immigration and establish a merit-based immigration system.
In an interview with the Arizona Republic, McCain said he is not opposed to promoting such skills-based immigration, but voiced concern about how the measure could affect farm labor and other low-skilled work.
"I think you have to consider that we do want high-tech people, but we also need low-skilled people who will do work that Americans won't do," he said. "I wouldn't do it. Even in my misspent youth, I wouldn't do it."

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/345274-mccain-on-merit-based-immigration-bill-i-wouldnt-do-it

McCain also said he's ready to revive a comprehensive immigration reform effort aimed at providing a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants living in the U.S.

McCain also voiced skepticism about Trump's proposed border wall, saying that the structure would be unlikely to stymie illegal immigration and drug trafficking across the U.S.-Mexico border.
>>
So to sum up. McCain does not want a wall. He does not want merit based immigration. But he does want to give all illegals full citizenship.
Amazing guy. A true republican patriot.
>>
>>164354
Did you forget the sarcasm tag or are you usually this delusional?
>>
>>164356
Face it boy. No one is illegal. McCain is right and Trump is 100% wrong. Trump is misguided by his racism.
>>
>>164357
>No one is illegal.
The United States Constitution and other laws say otherwise. Get the fuck outta here with your crime apologetics.
>>
>>164359
You fucking nazi. Everyone is born human. All the same No one has a label "illegal" on his forehead.
>>
>>164361
>Everyone is born human.
But not a Citizen, you traitor.
>>
what does it say on the statue of liberty again? was it "give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses, but only if they're useful to me and otherwise they can fuck off"?
>>
>>164371
Exactly. EVERYONE has a RIGHT to come into america. All 190 million Nigerians need our help. They MUST be transported to the US IMMEDIATELY. Hail McCain.
>>
>>164376
>All 190 million Nigerians need our help.
Yes by shooting them. They stop being a problem for everyone.
>>
>>164371
I completely forgot that a poem written to raise money to assemble the statue is equivalent to US law.
>>
>>164361
>labels his opponent a nazi for no reason other than his disagreement
Leftist swine detected
>>
The tumor is turning him into a leftist. How sad.
>>
The entire "gang of 8' needs to be trialed for treason
>>
>>164376
We have a lottery system for a reason. This isn't fucking Europe where there are barely any low skilled jobs left. The US needs unskilled immigrants and a merit system just comes in the way of that. This is just a stupid idea from an economic perspective.
>>
>>164414
>The US needs unskilled immigrants
No.
>>
>>164414
Are you retarded or a bot? You have no clue what you even responded to and your reply makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>164414

Completely wrong

The lottery system is unfair and the current system is pay to play.

A merit based system gives everyone an equal chance.

Unskilled workers are a net loss overall, both socially and economically
>>
>>164352
Ahh yes, they don't actually want to get rid of Mexicans because they know Mexicans will work for less money and work hard at shitty jobs and they need them so they can profit off them.
>>
>>164417
Then who's going to work 24/7 in factories for next to nothing? You?

Maybe you shouldn't focus your anger on the immigrants looking for a shot at the American Dream, but instead on the industrialists who'd rather hire illegal labor than pay fair wages.

But of course, they can't do any wrong, right? That's why you voted one of them straight into the Oval Office. GOOD GOYIM.
>>
>>164456
Correct. That's exactly why there are plenty of Republicans opposing Trump on the RAISE act, especially those in South Carolina. If it comes into law, expect illegal immigration to skyrocket when companies find every loophole to import them en masse.

http://www.newsweek.com/republicans-donald-trump-merit-based-immigration-plan-leads-more-illegal-646008
>>
Question. Why do unskilled immigrants want these jobs? They have to live here while doing them obviously. If these jobs are so shit that even the poorest americans don't want them, how can the immigrants be enjoying a vaguely comfortable living condition AND sending money back home?
>>
>>164459
Dude, this is the loophole. Most illegals come here legally. That's why the border wall was never a solution to the real problem. It was never intended to be a solution because the wealthy still want to exploit cheap mexican labor, democrat and republican alike. The Republicans knew if you promise to build a wall for the ignorant racist white voter, he will think you're trying to solve the problem but all the while they're importing cheap mexican workers legally who then stay in the country after their work visa expires and become permanent low wage workers for the wealthy to take advantage of. Trump is such a moron he's not in on the scam and republicans are caught between a rock and a hard place. They know their base will punish them for opposing this, but they know their donors will punish them if they don't.
>>
>>164461
You've never been to El Salvador. A shit job in America is paradise compared to the life of the average poor person there.
>>
>>164352
M A V E R I C K
A
V
E
R
I
C
K
>>
>>164461
Immigrants tend to pool resources. One guy working alone might have a shitty time, but five guys can scrape enough together to live comfortably. It's also generally much safer here.
>>
>>164461
Check the dollar values across various Latin American countries then compare the minimum wage in America to that of those countries.

300 bucks buy you an entire village in Brazil.
>>
>>164461
1: They come from shitty places that even poor americans can't relate to
2:
>AND sending money back home
despite what feminists will tell you, being the breadwinner isn't "privilege." These immigrants are males who feel an obligation to deal with any shit they have to in order to support their wife and children. It's the same reason why coal miners voluntarily risk their lives to support their families. They might live shitty lives but they do it so the women and children don't have to live shitty lives.
>>164476
how old are you? Living with 4 other guys gets old after college.
>>
>>164414
How did America ever survive before it had mass immigration of uneducated laborers to do the jobs that Americans won't do?
>>
>>164479
slaves who weren't allowed to not do those jobs.
Once we stopped being allowed to whip darkies into doing those jobs we just exploited slightly-less-dark people into doing them instead
>>
>>164480
Pretty sure there was a period of time between the end of slavery and the beginning of mass non-white immigration.
>>
>>164481
you're right, I forgot the period of Irish immigration, who were technically white even though they didn't really count as white
>>
>>164357
>When having standards of entry is seen as racism by the left
>When Mass in my Brain McCain has more in common with the average lefty

Yeah go fuck yourself mate
>>
>>164352
There shouldn't be a cap on visas.
>>
>>164400
He was a dipshit his whole life.
>>
>>164354
Yeah, kinda amazing that he sticks to the same libertarian-based economic beliefs that his party USED to follow.

Now the Republicans base is full of uneducated poverty-stricken rurals who hold the beliefs of simple-minded people, and the GOPs policies now reflect that.
>>
>>164395
>Bait.jpg
>>
>>164533
>Now the Republicans base is full of uneducated poverty-stricken rurals who hold the beliefs of simple-minded people, and the GOPs policies now reflect that.

As opposed to the Democrats only pandering to uneducated niggers, illegals, and people that sexually identify as refrigerators

Your attitude is why you commie shits keep losing elections
>>
>>164354
Nobody is against merit-based standards, but we already have that. Our immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than legal residents and they accept lower paying work.

Cutting off all low skilled immigration doesn't make sense when we're near full employment while many industries are still have plenty of empty spots for low-skilled jobs. Why not instead give the jobs to the people who are going to be the most cost-effective and meet other vetting criteria with regard to criminality?

There have been studies done on the relationship between low-skilled immigration and wages and the link is anything but clear. And even if it did drive down wages in the short term, it also increases our economic productivity in the long-term. We can tax businesses for a share of their savings which can funnel into social programs that help provide for lower socioeconomic classes who are out of a job and need support and retooling.

>But he does want to give all illegals full citizenship.

We should prevent people from migrating illegally in the first place but if there are folks who are already living here have not committed crimes and are working and paying taxes are obvious first candidates for legalization if we could use low-skilled labor. People living abroad seeking entry and relatively speaking unknown quantities.

The problem is folks on the right are viewing every nuanced issue through the goggles of a conspiracy against their culture, so if someone thinks our current immigration system isn't bad if it were properly enforced, they automatically become secret traitors because disagreement is de facto anti-national to them.
>>
The bit about collecting welfare already exists in current federal law. Immigrants aren't entitled to medicaid, SS, or food stamps until they've lived legally in the US for 5 years.

Just by stating that foreigners can't immediately collect federal welfare, Trump's made it seem as though the folks who disagree by default support a system where they can, even though that's not the case.

As far as English speaking goes, I guess it depends how much favor is given for that. Learning English isn't difficult if one is immersed in it, but a giant chunk of the world doesn't speak it so if it's economic value we're concerned about, limiting the pool of candidates to English speakers will serve as a massive confounding variable with respect to selecting for highest-skilled foreigners.
>>
>>164458
>Then who's going to work 24/7 in factories for next to nothing? You?
Automated machines. Not only do they work better, we don't have deal with niggers, taconiggers, curryniggers, sandniggers, gypsies, etc. monkeying around.
>>
>>164541
>Our immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than legal residents and they accept lower paying work.
Only an idiot believes this garbage. Go suck some nigger dick if you love them so much.
>>
>merit-based immigration
>people actually support the idea of bringing in direct competition for actual jobs, instead of serfs and underpaid laborers
>people still think "muh jobs" will get them anything other than shitty labor work

Do you want indians performing all our tech support? Because this is how you get indians getting all our tech jobs. They go to cheapass universities in the homeland for masters degrees, which they cheat for by the way, and then come over here and take actual skilled jobs from people who are just starting out. Chinese and other asians do this too. My top competition for software dev jobs are indians who don't even know how to fucking code, but they have a masters from Punjabi University so they must have gotten it legit. Nevermind the fact that most of the money they make here will be sent back home to pay for indian debt.

But nah, lets shit on mexicans and blacks, the people who aren't competing for jobs worth more than 30k a year.
>>
>>164598
How about vetting all nonwhites?
>>
>>164599
How about we stop beating around the bush, no nonwhites whatsoever. Keep the competition and fruits of our labor among our own people, like every other nation is allowed to do.
>>
>>164569
And thus you prove every anti-Trump pundit's point that cutting down on immigration solves nothing, since those jobs aren't going to Americans regardless. Or is spiting Mexicans a good enough reason for you?

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-06-21/factory-workers-indiana-appreciate-trumps-support-need-jobs-more-tweets

>>164463
THIS. Thanks for clearing things up. This is exactly why Trump's promises to save jobs are only superficially kept at best.
>>
>>164601
>immigration solves nothing
I agree, yes.
>>
>>164479
You're talking about pre walmart days.

Slaves.
Other minority groups (Blacks, Chinese, Irish, etc) and the immigrants from those lands.

Illegals have always been an issue and we've always had an underclass. Modern times have just made it to a point where they're everything but a slave class.

If Trumps plans went through, it'd be interesting to see how America reacts when everything they consume goes up 10-20 bucks a pop.
>>
>>164603
It's simple, stop consuming useless shit.
>>
>>164604
>Clothing, fruit, janitorial services is now useless shit

Ok.
>>
>>164607
You missed the point.
>>
>>164608
Then enlighten me.
>>
>>164609
People usually waste their money on unessential goods just because they can, sometimes to the point of going broke. If they cease such practices, they'll have a lot more money to spend, thus the increased costs of production, distribution, etc. would have an inferior PERCEIVED effect.
>>
>>164386
I always knew the ideals of America wasn't important

I bet you still jerk it to the 2nd amendment tho
>>
>>164611
>I always knew the ideals of America wasn't important
Uncontrolled mass immigration is not a Constitutional right and is a crime against rule of law.
>>
>>164612
Wrong. It says right on the statue of liberty that everyone from Africa has a RIGHT to come here. You racist asshole.
>>
>>164616
>everyone from Africa has a RIGHT to come here
And get executed on sight, yes.
>>
>>164617
you nazi
>>
>>164612
As was the entire independence movement
>>
>>164620
Apples and oranges.
>>
>>164458
>Then who's going to work 24/7 in factories for next to nothing?

Did you consider that if we didn't have illegal laborers depressing wages because they have no recourse, that those jobs would have to pay more than 'next to nothing' to attract American workers?
>>
>>164622
THIS
>>
>>164621
Both fruit
>>
>>164612
I was wondering how long it would be till the Republican shriek against illegal immigration turned into a "rational argument" against legal immigration.

What exactly is the purpose of President Trump's policy? It doesn't even curb illegal immigration, it may even magnify it by closing avenues for legal immigration. I remember just last cycle when Republicans were for immigration reform that would curb illegal immigration, not legal immigration.
>>
>>164629
>purpose
Maintaining the white majority in the population. Republicans don't care about how non-whites get into the country, they just know that there's too many of them here.
>>
>>164622
>>164623
No, not this. The days of domestic labor are over. Corporations will either leave or raise their prices to the point that anything gained by raised wages would be lost anyway. We fucked ourselves a long time ago opening pandora's box of Nafta and international trade deals and not even hope is left.
>>
>>164638
Get rid of NAFTA and all that globalist commie garbage.
>>
That cancer is taking its toll.
>>
>>164629
Your first mistake was considering me a Republican. Both parties are shit and I'm not even American nor do I live in the United States but I won't stand by still while you domestic traitors try to undermine that beautiful country.
>>
>>164641
He IS the cancer. The part they removed was the last little rest of real McCain.
He is no longer 99% democrat. He is 100% now.
>>
>>164629
Gee it's almost like the right has no issue with legal, positive impact immigration
>>
>>164352
But an immigrant who doesnt pass the requirments and isnt an asylum seeker is blocked?
>>
>>164638
>Corporations will either leave or raise their prices to the point that anything gained by raised wages would be lost anyway.

Well if we're fucked either way, might as well choose the option that doesn't bring in a bunch of poor uneducated immigrants who commit crime.
>>
>>164603
I'd really appreciate if you'd stop comparing every sad thing to FUCKING SLAVERY you trash dumpster liberal !@#$
>>
>>164642
>this entire post
>>
>>164599
We already have a vetting system in place, and the system already places an emphasis on merit.
>>
>>164357
>Trump is misguided by his racism.

I guess Canada, Australia, France, the Republic of Ireland, Poland, and several other nations are all "misguided in their racism" for having merit-based immigration laws too?
>>
>>164715
He's deflecting from the fact that Democrats farm minorities for votes like the Democrats 150 years ago had them farm cotton. All you gotta do is dump as many brown people in a ghetto as you can, poke them with the "Republicans are Racist!" stick, and out pours tax money and votes.
>>
>>164723
Whatever, kike. We're taking this country back.
>>
McCain is an old man who just doesn't give a fuck anymore. Along with the actually just Republican in name independents looking around at each other like "when are we actually going to get things done?"

Moan what you like but at least the Dems do/did what they say they were going to do. none of this pussy footing around they just went ahead and did it. Lined up all their ducks and shot, while the repubs had 7 years to set up and practice and then they chocked at the last minute. Neither party is worth a damn anymore
>>
>>164352
I can't wait till the cancer kills him.
>>
>>164357
>No one is illegal.
Are you stupid of trolling?
>>
>>164361
What are borders?
>>
>>164371
yes we should set immigration policy based on a poem on a statue added years after it was built.
>>
>>164611
There is nothing in the constitution of deceleration of Independence that says "open immigration".
>>
>>165107
Get all them English colonial out of here. We don't need them
>>
>>164629
To stop letting in masses of unskilled uneducated people that bring no benefit.
>>
>>165108
show us where it says closed boarders? Or do you cream your pants over North Korea's Mine field?
>>
>>164635
America is a white nation why would we want to replace out on population with other peoples babies?
>>
>>164603
That wouldn't happen. I love the leftist arguments about not wanting mass immigration. it's always about "products going up" that is a lie and not true. Just look at europe, they don't have wetbacks working their farms or illegals in either factories and their products are comparable in price.
>>
>>164607
almost all come from outside the US.
>>
>>165110
The bill actually opens up even more opportunists for foreign Hotel 'Maids'. they're really just sex workers, so fill free to tap it. when they offer room service. tell them you want the full treatment and then take off your pants. It saves time
>>
>>165109
they created this country without them it would just be savages in huts.

>>165111
Border security is part of national security. Whine all you want the changes are coming and you can't stop them. You won't be able to import democrat voters anymore.
>>
The republicans got what they wanted out of 45. but now that they can't get anything else they're jumping ship in a hurry
>>
>>165119
>MUH Manifest Destiny
if you just want to go kill Indians, shooting Mexicans is a poor substitute
>>
>>165134
President Donald Trump.
>>
>>165143
*Dr. President Donald Trump
>>
>>165145
He's not a doctor.
>>
>>165147
He is.
>>
>>165153
No he's not.
>>
>>165158
He is and you aren't :^)
>>
How on earth can anyone be against merit based immigration? I mean even cucked Canada has it.
>>
>>165164
By being against all immigration period.
>>
>>164458
Factory jobs pay pretty fucking well for what they are and almost always include benefits what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>165164
As an engineer, I don't want more competition. The current lottery system probably drives down the wages of the lower class plebs that voted for Trump, but it certainly doesn't hurt me. This, on the other hand, probably would.
>>
Another Globalist puppet! End of story.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.