[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Letter from Martin Shkreli: “I Hope To See You and Your Four

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

The trial of "pharma bro" Martin Shkreli gets weirder and weirder.

Tim Pierotti, who once ran a consumer hedge fund for Shkreli, testified Tuesday that the man who gained notoriety by raising the price of a life-saving drug more than 5,000% sent a threatening letter to his home, addressed to his wife, reading, “I hope to see you and your four children homeless. I will do whatever I can to assure this."

The letter was entered into evidence at Shkreli’s trial in Federal District Court in Brooklyn.

In the letter, Shkreli accused Pierotti of stealing $1.6 million from him and added, "making an enemy out of me is a mistake." The theft accusation allegedly revolved around the sale of shares of Retrophin, a biopharmaceutical company Shkreli ran.

The two men met in 2011, when Pierotti joined MSMB, Shkreli's hedge fund. Pierotti testified that he put all of the money from that fund into one stock—Rick's Cabaret, a chain of strip clubs, with Shkreli's approval.

It's the latest in a long series of odd moves for Shkreli, who also paid $2 million for the sole copy of a Wu-Tang Clan album (something he might have to forfeit should the trial not go his way).If nothing else, it sounds like the Off-Broadway musical based on his life might have to be expanded.

http://fortune.com/2017/07/19/martin-shkreli-trial-letter/
>>
this guy isn't on trial for price-gouging an essential treatment by 5600% for Americans... that's still legal for pharmaceutical companies to do in the US
>>
>>159640
>for Americans
*insurance companies
>>
>>159769
Where do you think insurance companies get their money?
>>
>>159780
From millions of customers.
>>
>>159640
Yeah, and it wasn't illegal for Enron to triple the price of natural gas at the Californian border. It was just illegal the hide the losses when they didn't know how to invest that much profit from shutting California down.
>>
Didn't he want to buy 4chan a while back while Moot was selling it?
>>
>>159862
if even shkreli doesn't want to buy your site you know it's a shithole
>>
>>159862
>Moot
Who?
>>159906
Gookmoot didn't want to sell
>>
So is his goal to be such a cocksmoking faggot no jury could be unbiased?
>>
>pharma-bro
I'm so fucking tired of seeing this stupid, shitty nickname. I wish I could punch whatever idiot journalist came up with that, along with everyone else who decided to keep using it. Every single article about this guy's trial has it in the title. Just stop.
>>
>>159639
If I saw him getting stomped out in the streets I wouldn't stop to help him. I hate his fucking face and I hate everything he's doing.
>>
>>160698
>Hey, don't hate him for being more succesful than you are.
I don't hate people for being successful. I hate people who use their wealth to be a disgusting and selfish human being for the sake of LOL EPIC TROLL XD.

There's your (You)
>>
>>160703
What makes him a disgusting human being to you?
>>
>>160698

I hate him for price gouging an essential drug just because he could since our healthcare market is broken from the delivery end.

I dislike him for being an asshole too.
>>
>>159639
Would be so lulzy if he gets sent to prison and gets raped there.
>>
>>160698
Have you been practicing how to smuggle stuff in your ass yet, Martin?
>>
>>160773
Because /pol/ is full of shitbags like him
>>
>>160701
>Muh 5D Chess

kys yourself
>>
>>160582
I see you're another that didn't bother reading anything past blogs. Please kill yourself, the world will genuinely be a better place once you do so.
>>
>>159639
He's gonna get a bullet for sure. Someone determined enough is going to get to him one day. Probably the one thing that will wipe that smile off his face. Shit eating jobbers like him think they're untouchable.
>>
>>160708
Not him but I have a few ideas that are probably the most obvious:
>His utter contempt towards anyone who even looks at him funny and his going out of his way to rub it in
>Knowingly hiking the price of a drug many people depend on knowing full well they wouldn't be able to afford it just because he likes trolling them
>The most punchable face in the history of ever since Julian Assange

He is literally the real life Bob Page only he's really just a massive fag who didn't do half the work to get where he was.
>>
>>161709
>just because he likes trolling them
its pretty obvious why he hiked up the prices,
he owed a lot of money he couldn't pay back, so he try to squeeze money out of that drug to try to pay it off.
>>
>>160720
>>160701
>>
Shkreli became super interesting to me after I looked into the whole issue. It's quite straight forward what he did, not complicated to learn about either, as he explains it very well on his YouTube. He's just hated so viscerally because the simplistic understanding pushed by the media, and the fact that he isn't interested in acting personable.

Perhaps big pharma successfully deflected the issue onto him so as to obfiscate the nature of their industry. Talking about how pricing works in regards to pharma isn't pretty.

It's just really fascinating how many people literally outright refuse to hear anything further regarding this after they hear that exactly repeated line, "he raised the price of a life saving drug by a billion." I guess all you have to do is cook up the right one liner to turn people to literally blind rage. Notice I haven't bothered explaining why his position is entirely justified, I know better than to speak upon deaf ears.
>>
>>160701
Turing has made a big deal about programs it has created to reduce the costs for patients. For instance, it says that the drug is available for free to people with deep financial need.
But Dr. Aberg has watched her patients have to "jump through the hoops" to get it. Patients have to prove both financial need and health status, something that's difficult to focus on when their lives are in danger. In June, one of her patients gave up on the process. The patient switched therapies, only to suffer a negative side effect.
The application also requires patients to sign broad disclosures "to use and disclose all of my individually identifiable health information." Dr. Aberg says some patients, especially with HIV and AIDS, are hesitant to do that.
>>
>>164826
I've read that article, there were quite a few questionable things. Namely, there's no reason for any disclosure, what exactly would be disclosed and if there was, it was never announced then and now.
>>
>>164826
Secondly, what exactly are the hoops? There's no specification like unable to afford when there is a damn assistance policy nor why it has to be proven that they meet specifications of health or financial status, which is easily verifiable and negotiated if they contacted Turing. One of the directors mentioned in the article and Turing are within New York. There should be no problem there. Finally, now multiple doctors or hospitals state that they cannot get it or along those lines. What they fail to mention is that they practically wring money from people and that they are the reason why insurance premium increases of every dollar are half compared to the 14 cents by prescription drugs themselves (observed by Avalere). And that's not the end of it. There's multiple inaccuracies from the start just by calling it an HIV/AIDS drug. It's not and is not supposed to be classified as such. And the article stating near the end that the drug worked so well. No, I don't call a drug that could potentially give you insomnia or other side effects to be working well nor the fact you need to take multiple other substances to mitigate those effects like that sulfur compound (sometimes causes a reaction on occasions with Daraprim) and folic acid to protect your bone marrow. They've offically announced (the company) testing last year for a better version of Daraprim that you probably won't need either two anymore. But to say it is optimal, I doubt it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.