[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American hero wins his 10th Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1484170361410.jpg (300KB, 1282x726px) Image search: [Google]
1484170361410.jpg
300KB, 1282x726px
Joey Chestnut won the 101st Nathan's Annual Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest on Tuesday, marking his 10th victory in the event.

Chestnut was the reigning champion and favorite heading into the 10-minute race, which attracts the world's hungriest competitive eaters at New York's Coney Island. The 33-year-old set a world record Tuesday by devouring 72 hot dogs.

"I treat it like a sport, it's not like going to a buffet," Chestnut told ESPN2 shortly after winning the event.

Carmen Cincotti finished in second place with 68 hot dogs, while Matt Stonie placed in third with 48.

Last year, Chestnut set the previous record of 70 hot dogs, winning the title back from Stonie, who defeated him back in 2015. "Joey is a monster, it will take a lot to knock him off," Stonie said before the competition, which aired on ESPN2.

"On July 4th, I have a goal that begins with an 8," Chestnut said on Twitter days before the competition. "I know [Stonie] and [Cincotti] are making gains. So am I."

In the women's competition, 20-year-old Miki Sudo won her fourth-consecutive title by downing 41 hot dogs in 10 minutes.

"I came back better prepared than ever, I was just in a really good place mentally," Sudo told ESPN2 after the competition ended.

Michelle Lesco came in second place with 32.5 hot dogs. Sonya "Black Widow" Thomas finished the competition in third. She still holds the women's contest record of 45 dogs and buns.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/joey-chestnut-wins-his-10th-nathans-famous-hot-dog-eating-contest/
>>
>>154258
I find it fascinating the women's record is so far behind the men's. Eating seems like something that should be gender neutral with regards to ability.
>>
That shit is amazing...I get sick from just 4.
>>
Eventually someone's going to reach the upper limits of the number of hot dogs a human being can possibly consume and there will be no more records set. What will these wiener eaters do then?
>>
>>154272
The same thing other sportsmen do, start using better equipment.
>>
>>154272
Maybe bring an industrial-strength blender to the competition and just guzzle hotdog puree to minimize time and gut space invested in swallowing air.
>>
>>154268
yeah that threw me off for a second too
I think it might just be cuz the talent pool for women is smaller, there's probably like 4 chicks in the world interested in this shit
>>
>>154272
Well you know how there is surgery to decrease stomach volume? They will probably do the reverse.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.