[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean ride loses 'Wench

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/30/us/disney-pirates-of-the-caribbean-wench-change/index.html

After 50 years, Disney plans to remove the "Wench Auction" section from its fan-favorite "Pirates of the Caribbean'" ride at its parks, a Disney spokeswoman told CNN on Friday.
The scene, featuring animatronic characters, showed a line of women tied together under a sign that read, "Auction -- Take a Wench for a Bride."
Soon, however, the sign will say, "Auction, Surrender Yer Loot."

Instead of just women, the auction will feature a mix of men and women auctioning off personal goods such as jewelry and clocks.
"We believe the time is right to turn the page to a new story in this scene consistent with the humorous, adventurous spirit of the attraction," said Suzi Brown, a spokeswoman for Disneyland Resort.

One of the redheaded "wenches" will become a pirate in the new display, overseeing the auction, according to Kathy Mangum, senior vice president of Walt Disney Imagineering, the division that designs Disney rides.

"Given the redhead has long been a fan favorite, we wanted to keep her as a pivotal part of the story, so we made her a plundering pirate," Mangum said.
>>
This is fucking dumb
>>
>>153517
This. Soon men won't be able to leave their own houses without saying sorry at least 10 times for just living
>>
>>153424
>Soon, however, the sign will say, "Auction, Surrender Yer Loot."

That doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>153424
I could see why they made such a change.
>>
>>153517
>>153518
nice slippery slope argument. You don't see why a company that markets to families doesn't want to endorse the selling of people?
>>
>>153602
>After 50 years, Disney plans to remove . . .

They've been okay with it for half a century. So has everyone else. And depicting something is not the same as endorsing it. The pirates are supposed to be bad guys. Bad guys do bad things. Such as treating women like chattel. Replacing that with some bland inoffensive "loot auction" just makes the experience less engaging.
>>
>>153424
Fuck that. No one even cares.

>"We believe the time is right to turn the page to a new story in this scene consistent with the humorous, adventurous spirit of the attraction," said Suzi Brown, a spokeswoman for Disneyland Resort.

I hope this cunt gets raped.
>>
did they do it because slavery is evil or because taking a wench for a bride assumes all female-bodied people would identify as a bride and not a groom or a xroom when marrying
>>
>>153517
Welcome to the neo-marxist left.
>>
>>153517
Fuck you dumb cunt.
America deserve the punishment God chooses.

>>153518
Apologise for the USA the dumb piece of shit.

>>153552
Disney doesn't make sense.
When will you apologise for the crimes of America?

>>153618
>They've been okay with it for half a century. So has everyone else.
Your nation is poison filth. It has never been okay.
>>
I can't wait for the day where slavery gets renamed so that it won't offend people.
>>
>slavery's bad kids, mkay?
>>
>>153669
Why don't you go and crawl back under your rock you dumb peace of shit you are just pissed off that we could crush your tiny little country without lifting a finger may the true God Lord kek punish you for being an imbecile
>>
>>153677
I call dibs on anon No.153669
>>
>>153602
Now they are "endorsing" theft. That's wrong. They need to get rid of the auction section totally. Also violence is wrong so get rid of the pirates too.
>>
>>153618
>The pirates are supposed to be bad guys
Except piracy is cool in Pirates of the Caribbean movies and associated toys.
You should illegally download them.
>>
>>153424
Why does anybody give a shit about this? It's a ride at a park for little kids. It's their ride, it's their park, they can change whatever they want for whatever reason they want. If you've got the money, you go ahead and build your own amusement park. You build your own dark ride with pirates or Vikings or aliens or whatever you want, and put whatever you want into it. Or, if you don't have that kind of money, you copy that picture above, blow it up huge, put it in a frame and hang it right over your sofa in your living room. Then give everybody who comes over to your house a whiny lecture on "principles" or "historical accuracy" or "PC bullshit" or whatever. Go nuts.
>>
>>153770
Get ready for the Disney fun van to be driven straight up your asshole.
>>
>>153819
Because I implied piracy was cool, or because I implied piracy was cool?
>>
>>153775
Because the Internet + Culture War = Retardation. Whenever the internet interacts with RL movements, it tends to emphasize their most stupid and extreme traits, and focus them towards equally stupid crap. Take SJWs, alt-righters, or even ISIS.
>>
>>153424
This won't do anything to increase ticket sales to the park and at best will get a few more curious people onto the ride to see the changes. The "ride" sucks ass and is boring as hell. The only time I ever went on it the damn thing broke and it took 30 minutes before they turned the lights on and shuttled us out an emergency exit. 30 fucking minutes of that insufferable song and the same voice loops for the section we were at.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.