[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump's makes radical reversal on immigration; neither Fox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: dacagraphic.jpg (342KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dacagraphic.jpg
342KB, 800x600px
The Department of Homeland Security announced Thursday night that the Trump administration would maintain an Obama-era program providing protection to undocumented immigrants brought to the US illegally as children by their parents -- but it's unlikely those who consume the news through conservative media outlets have a clue.

>The news that President Donald Trump had decided not to deliver on a key campaign promise, at least for the moment, was covered widely by traditional media outlets such as CNN and the Washington Post. The New York Times deemed the announcement important enough to send out a push alert to its readers.

>But the announcement did not seem to rate with Trump's immigration hardline allies in the conservative press. The story was nowhere to be found on the the front pages of Breitbart or the Drudge Report. FoxNews.com did not appear to cover it on its home page either.

>"If we're not covering it, we deserve to be hammered," one Breitbart staffer told CNN on Friday afternoon.

>On the campaign trail, Trump promised he would "immediately terminate" the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which President Barack Obama enacted through executive action. The program protects approximately 750,000 so-called "Dreamers."

>"Anyone who has entered the United States illegally is subject to deportation -- that is what it means to have laws and to have a country," Trump said, for instance, during one August speech in Phoenix.

>Historically, outlets like Breitbart and the Drudge Report have taken hardline positions on immigration and strongly criticized politicians who have sought to grant "amnesty" to individuals in the country illegally. Republicans like House Speaker Paul Ryan and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio have been lambasted by the sites in the past for showing even a hint of willingness to compromise with Democrats on the issue.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/16/media/pro-trump-media-broken-immigration-promise/index.html
>>
>Moreover, the right-wing press has routinely gone after Republican politicians with fury if they walk back hardline conservative positions -- particularly in regards to immigration. But such outlets chose not to call Trump out on Friday for his breaking his campaign promise to eliminate DACA.

>The Times said in its story that Trump's decision to break his campaign pledge would "disappoint some of the president's most ardent supporters." But if his supporters are getting their news from outlets friendly to the president, there is a good chance they aren't even aware of the news.
>>
>>150424
>"If we're not covering it, we deserve to be hammered," one Breitbart staffer told CNN on Friday afternoon.
>"Seriously. We're like, the biggest doo doo heads ever. EVER. CNN is awesome and not fake news and we literally eat poop. None of this is verifiable and I'm really a Breitbart staffer." The unnamed Breitbart staffer added.
>>
>>150435
would it have been less damning if the response was literally anything else?
>>
>>150424
Trust me, everyone gets plenty of anti-Trump news without your virtue signaling gotcha articles
>>
>>150435
>Breitbart
It's almost like Steve Bannon is in bed with Trump.
But that couldn't be...
>>
>>150459
>everyone gets plenty of anti-Trump news
Everyone except his base.
>>
>>150462
>Everyone except his base.
Who do you think keeps pointing out all of the fake news?

>inb4 articles based on nothing but anonymous sources aren't fake news because I believe in them
>>
>>150466
>articles based on nothing but anonymous sources aren't fake news because I believe in them
In the case of the Comey/Trump conversations, the source turned out to be Comey himself.
I'm not sure what other un-sourced stories you're talking about, but so far the only genuinely fake un-sourced storys that come to mind are Pizzagate and the "Seth Rich was killed to silence him AFTER he leaked the emails that the 17 nations intelligence agencies tell us were hacked and released by hackers working for the Russian government" narrative.
>>
>>150469
* nation's 17 intelligence agencies
>>
>>150462
No, especially his base. That why people are protesting CNN and the MSM is hemmoraging money
>>
>>150424
>Gets rid of DAPA
>Leaves DACA
>Can now deport the parents who had/brought children to stay in the US past their visa
>Children can either go with them or go into foster care
Golly gee why isnt he directly going after children? Guess im a Cruz Missle now
>>
>>150478
>That why people are protesting CNN
They're protesting CNN for not having a pro-Trump political bias.
>>
>>150490
Lol two scoops
>>
>>150424
>Trump promised he would "immediately terminate" the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program
When did he say this?
>>
>>150503
Not an argument.
>>
>>150510
It would really lend to credibility if they didnt report on everything he did with an absurdly negative spin. For fucks sake if Trump doesnt do something for a day there shouldnt be a story in the wings about how he eats his kfc with a fork or how his kid wore a soccer jersey on the white house lawn. Run some public interest piece about a charity or something. These are the people that had boots on the ground reporting live from the gulf war. Now they just sit around waiting for Trump to scratch his ass so they can claim it as definitive proof that he is unfit to be president.
>>
>>150469
>>150476

You do realize none of those "17 intelligence agencies" ever inspected the DNC server, right? They used a third-party, Crowdstrike who has since had to retract other debunked 'muh russia' conspiracies.

For self-proclaimed 'intellectuals,' leftists have completely abandoned things like logic and reason.
>>
>>150510
2scoops is a fine argument, thank you very much.

What makes you think you can judge my scoops?
>>
>>150462
Yes, we know, the media is attempting to pick away at Trump's base by highlighting "broken campaign promises", as if it were anything new. Obama didn't close Guantanomo Bay either. Trump is being held back by his own party because they're still too afraid of media backlash from "muh feel where did my free money go".
>>
>>150503
>Lol two scoops
Sorry, but that really is news.
The president of the United States is such an incredibly immature and selfish prick that he insists on having more ice cream than his guests.
He's not just a bad person, he's a bad person in a way that no normal adult would be.
>>
>>150545
>highlighting "broken campaign promises", as if it were anything new.
>Obama didn't close Guantanomo Bay either.

Yeah, nah.
That's like saying "Dustin Hoffman and Shaq are both taller than Danny DeVito."
Sure, but one's 5' 6" and one's 7' 1".
>>
>>150548
Wa wa wa meany drumph! 2scoops is a real story, meany beany weenie! He's a bad meanie! Drumphty wumpty 2 scoops scrumpty!

Haha I fuckin love it
>>
>>150459
I don't think you understand what "virtue signalling" means. Not everyone who criticizes Trump is doing it to virtue signal.
>>
>>150557
you sound like a child
>>
>>150606
You actually sound like one
>>
>>150616
>No you!
Full circle lol.
>>
>>150424
Just wanted to say you should only use "neither" when referencing two subjects. The correct subject title should read "Drumpf makes radical reversal on immigration; Fox News, Breitbart and Drudge Report refuse to cover it"
>>
>>150424
So they completely ignored how he revoked DAPA in order to make it sound like he completely reneged on his anti illegal immigration stance. Is it any wonder why people claim CNN is biased?
>>
>>150692
>Full circle lol.

sensiblechckle.gif
Lol, I'm the guy who posted this >>150548 and I haven't posted since.
>>
>>150692
>>150707
So fucking cringe holy shit haha
>>
>>150509
This
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.