[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'We aren't stupid': Senate GOP keeping contents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: undefined.jpg (80KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
undefined.jpg
80KB, 1008x756px
Senate GOP members are close to finishing the legislative text of their bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, but the public won't get to see it anytime soon, Axios' Caitlin Owens reported Monday.

The bill will be sent to the Congressional Budget Office to receive a score some time in the next few days, according to Axios, but the text will not be posted publicly.

A GOP aide told Axios that not releasing the text of the bill is because "we aren't stupid."

The American Health Care Act, House Republican leaders' legislation aimed at repealing and replacing Obamacare, received low marks from the public upon its release in March. According to a poll by Quinnipiac University, the AHCA as drafted by the House received a 21% approval rating and 56% disapproval.

The secrecy is a marked contrast to years of Republican attacks on the process surrounding the Affordable Care Act, the law colloquially known as Obamacare, for what they called "backroom deals" out of the public eye.

GOP Senate leaders have suggested they plan to vote on the bill before the week-long July 4 recess.

http://www.businessinsider.com/senate-republican-healthcare-bill-cbo-score-2017-6
>>
>>148811
I'd say this shows that they are in fact very stupid.
>>
It's nice that they're not even going to pretend anymore that people will like what they'll try to pass.
>>
>>148811
Not stupid in a sense that they know obfuscation, misdirection, and backroom deals are the only way to pass corrupt policies that will harm millions of Americans while giving tax cuts to the rich, perhaps.
>>
>>148872
This. They wouldn't have gotten this far if they were too stupid to pull off cons on their constituents.
>>
I'm just generally disappointed
>>
>>148879
this needs to be a banner
>>
>>148879
>>148890
Now introducing "Reddit quotes on 4chan"

>Generally liberal
>Absolutely low energy
>Not a lick of testosterone
>Self congratulatory and insecure
>Tired and worn out phrases

"It's like I'm really on Reddit!"
>>
>>148811
>We know it's terrible but we're not going to let you know it's terrible till it is much too late
>>
>>148811
What a thrilling change from the original period where the DNC was trying to pass the ACA.

"We have to pass it first to find out what's in it!"
>>
>>148811
>>148858
>>148859
>>148872
>>148878
inb4 they all get re-elected
>>
>>148905
>implying most people on 4chan have much testosterone at all
there are basement dwellers with anger issues on this site, and even then they're still estrogen filled
>>
>>148951
Pretty sure Fienstien got a lot of shit for saying that.
Also it's pretty drastically different, one isn't able to be seen by the public, the other was a response to a comment that was basically 'this document is long I don't want to read it all', which was very visible to the public
>>
>>149602
That was Pelosi.
Also, people should really read up the context in which she said it. It was about having to pass the bill to find out how exactly it would affect and change the markets and health care coverage at large, not pass it to find out what the actual bill said. The legislative process to come up with the ACA was infinitely more transparent, elaborate and serious than what the GOP has been pulling off with the AHCA, where they have basically sprung a surprise bill on the house that became public only a short time before it was voted on and was not yet assessed by the CBO. And it seems McConnell is following that strategy in the senate, too.
>>
>>148858
>>148872
>>148878
>>149189
It's an effective way of keeping rich donors in your pocket for sure. Taking money out of the healthcare system isn't going to ever be popular, but how many people in the Senate actually have maps that make reelection difficult? Their poor constituents will never leave them as long as they keep talking about the second amendment, and their re-election campaigns will keep getting funded by the people who benefit from this kind of legislation.

You gotta wonder how many house seats the gop will lose if something as unpopular as the house bill passes. I mean, cozy re-election maps only get you so far, considering how much damage the Dems took for the much more popular Obamacare. The left is pissed as is, it seems like McConnell is just throwing more rocks at the hornets nest.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.