[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ex-U.S. Attorney Bharara tells of 'unusual' calls he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-bharara-idUSKBN19211S

Former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara revealed on Sunday that he received a handful of "unusual" phone calls from Donald Trump after the November election that made him feel uncomfortable, and said he was fired after declining to take the third call.

Speaking on ABC News' "This Week" in his first televised interview since Trump fired him in March as the top federal prosecutor in Manhattan, Bharara said he believed Trump's calls to him violated the usual boundaries between the executive branch and independent criminal investigators.

"It's a very weird and peculiar thing for a one-on-one conversation without the attorney general, without warning between the president and me or any United States attorney who has been asked to investigate various things and is in a position hypothetically to investigate business interests and associates of the president," Bharara said.

He added that during President Barack Obama's tenure, Obama never called him directly.

Bharara's comments came just a few days after former Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey testified at a congressional panel that Trump had asked him to drop an investigation into former Trump aide Michael Flynn and his alleged ties to Russia.

Comey also said he believed he was subsequently fired in an effort to undermine the investigation into possible collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia to influence the 2016 presidential election.

Trump has denied allegations of collusion between his campaign and Russia and said he never directed Comey to drop the Flynn probe.

A White House spokeswoman could not immediately be reached for comment.

Bharara said on Sunday that Trump called him twice after the November election "ostensibly just to shoot the breeze."

"It was a little bit uncomfortable, but he was not the president. He was only the president-elect," Bharara said.
>>
The third call, however, came two days after Trump's inauguration. That time, he said, he refused to call back.

"The call came in. I got a message. We deliberated over it, thought it was inappropriate to return the call. And 22 hours later I was asked to resign along with 45 other people," he said.

Bharara stopped short of saying whether he thought Trump had obstructed justice in his conversations and subsequent firing of Comey.

However, he said he thought there was "absolutely evidence to begin a case" into the matter.
>>
Who cares
>>
Gets fired with 45 other dep ag's and thinks it's all about him and trump.
>>
>>148637
a whole lot of U.S. citizens.
>>
>>148641
Literally nothing happened though
>>
>>148646
Just wait.
>>
>>148637
Conservatives, you should be less concerned about the letter of the law and more concerned about anti-democratic behavior.
It is not OK for elected officials to try and influence criminal investigations in their favor.
Technically it is legal for Americans to repeal their democracy altogether, but you should not consider that acceptable.
>>
>>148648
At this point don't care what he did either way, he did everything I wanted him to do when I voted for him. Put a conservative on SCOTUS, draw the flak away from gun laws, and cause liberal butthurt equal to or greater than our butthurt from 8 years of -your- party's fuckery. As far as I'm concerned he doesn't even need to do anything for the next three years.
>>
>>148648
Gay
>>
>>148655
>he did everything I wanted him to do when I voted for him.
How's that wall coming?
The health care plan that would "cover everybody" at a fraction of the cost?
How about the part where he didn't stick his dick in Syria?
The trillion dollars for infrastructure?
"Lock her up"?
Why _did_ you vote for him?
If it was just because he wasn't Hillary, you cunts could have nominated Jeb, or Chris Christie.
Why the human cheeto in particular?

>Put a conservative on SCOTUS,
Congress did that. After obstructing Obama for nearly a year.

>draw the flak away from gun laws
[citation needed]

>greater than our butthurt from 8 years of -your- party's fuckery
To be fair, Obama's a neocon.
Your butthurt is solely because he was black, not his generally conservative policies.
Our buthurt is cause by Trump's incredible corruption and incompetence.
If he ever actually gets anything done, we'll move on to being upset with his policies, I'm sure.
>>
>>148666
>How's that wall coming?
With solar panels.

>The health care plan that would "cover everybody" at a fraction of the cost?
How is Obamacare coming btw?

Oh wait.

>After obstructing Obama for nearly a year.
Not getting to do whatever you want =/= obstruction. Welcome to the Republic.

>Your butthurt is solely because he was black, not his generally conservative policies.
Actually it had everything to do with his terrible PROGRESSIVE ( you pathetic revisionist) policies, also the constant lickspittling of his blatantly corrupt "Dear Leader" cult of personality by the MSM and Hollywood.

Kick and scream more please.
>>
>>148569
>Comey also said he believed he was subsequently fired in an effort to undermine the investigation into possible collusion
Why is Reuters publishing debunked news?

>However, he said he thought there was "absolutely evidence to begin a case" into the matter.
"But not enough to actually say anything because god forbid I be forced to eat my words. Now excuse me while I help Governor Cuomo solidify his power base by pretending to "investigate" corruption in the NYS State Government that magically somehow stops just short of involving the Governor despite him being the only one of "three men in a room" described as the real head of NY Government that didn't get arrested. Moreland Commission? Who cares lololol."
>>
>>148668
>How is Obamacare coming btw?
>Oh wait.
It's still helping ensure more Americans have proper health care than any other point in our country's history, despite nearly constant Republican undermining.

>Not getting to do whatever you want =/= obstruction.
Republican vowed to block any candidate Obama presented, no matter how qualified.

Mitch McConnell 2016: "One of my proudest moments was when I told Obama, 'You will not fill this Supreme Court vacancy,'"
Mitch McConnell 2017: "Apparently there's yet a new standard now, which is not to confirm a Supreme Court nominee at all. I think that's something the American people simply will not tolerate."

GOP confirmed for massive obstructionist hypocrisy.

>>148668
>it had everything to do with his terrible PROGRESSIVE ( you pathetic revisionist) policies
His foreign policy was like getting two more terms of GWB.
His "legacy" (Obamacare) was a remarkably conservative piece of legislation.
It's America's best chance for avoiding real socialized medicine.
It's a great boon for the healthcare industry, and it ensures that even the working poor (and their small-business employers) have to help pay for health care in America instead of just going to the emergency room or relying on a spouse that works for a fortune-500 company to cover the family health care.

Both Mitt Romney and Ronald Reagan had similar plans, and if Obama wasn't a black democrat, Paul Ryan would fight tooth and nail to defend the ACA.

cont...
>>
>>148678
...cont

>>148671
>constant lickspittling of his blatantly corrupt "Dear Leader" cult of personality by the MSM and Hollywood.
He's a bad guy because people like him?
Wow, that must make Trump a really great human being.

Look, you cunts voted Trump because you're tired of being the social minority.
But the joke's on you... you don't have a mandate, and you're still destined to be the social minority.
If your party served the voters, it would take a more moderate stance and enjoy the support of more people.
Especially with Trump, where you picked him mostly because of how much the liberal majority hates him, you're destined to suffer the ridicule of most Americans, and the world at large.
>>
>>148678
>It's still helping ensure more Americans pay more for health care than any other point in our country's history
FTFY
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/01/23/obamacare-insurance-costs-coverage-plans-column/96779778/
https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2016/07/28/overwhelming-evidence-that-obamacare-caused-premiums-to-increase-substantially/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/

>Republican vowed to block any candidate Obama presented, no matter how qualified.
>GOP confirmed for massive obstructionist hypocrisy.
Actually it's called "generally sitting Presidents don't move to fill SCOTUS vacancies that open up in their last term of office". Source: Joe Fucking Biden.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/23/us/politics/joe-biden-argued-for-delaying-supreme-court-picks-in-1992.html?_r=0

>His "legacy" (Obamacare) was a remarkably conservative piece of legislation.
You can stop with the revisionist nonsense. It was a progressive act supported 100% by the DNC, and only by the DNC. You're only attempting to paint it as a conservative policy because it's an abysmal failure.

>Both Mitt Romney and Ronald Reagan had similar plans, and if Obama didn't push a horrible version that no one was allowed to read before passing and didn't work and caused prices to skyrocket, Paul Ryan would fight tooth and nail to defend the ACA.
FTFY

You're gonna have to come out of that bubble eventually.
>>
>>148680
>...cont
cunt* cont'ing

>He's a bad guy because people like him?
No, he's bad guy because he's a murdering corrupt liar who was also a huge narcissist and did nothing that he wasn't sure wouldn't also benefit him and his image implicitly.

>Wow, that must make Trump a really great human being.
Almost as bad as Obama.

>But the joke's on you... you don't have a mandate, and you're still destined to be the social minority.
Still not giving up on that meme, are you? No worries, some people need a crutch to hold that suicide demon off. Don't feel bad about it, it's okay.

>If your party served the voters, it would take a more moderate stance and enjoy the support of more people.
Which is why the GOP and not the DNC has been steadily losing offices on local state and federal offices since 2012- oh wait, that WAS the DNC. And still is!

>Especially with Trump, where you picked him mostly because of how much the liberal majority hates him, you're destined to suffer the ridicule of most Americans, and the world at large.
It's very important to you to believe you're part of some magical 'always right' majority isn't it?

You're upcoming mental break is going to be fantastic. Try not to get banned from /news/ when you start to emotionally act out though, I don't think you have much else.
>>
>>148685
>FTFY
I'm still not wrong.
More Americans are getting more health care than ever before.
Of course it's going to cost more.
I know Trump promised a plan that would "cover everybody at a fraction of the cost", but that's an obvious con-job.

>>148685
>Source: Joe Fucking Biden.
It's a practice that's relatively new (started under Reagan), and yes, both parties have done it.
But it's still obstructionist.

>>148685
>. It was a progressive act supported 100% by the DNC,
"Progressive" countries have single-payer health care.
Obamacare (like Romneycare) instead requires people to buy health insurance or face a penalty.
>and only by the DNC.
More spiteful obstruction.
>>
>>148691
>I'm still not wrong.
Yes you are. You know you are.

>Of course it's going to cost more.
So it's doing the complete opposite of what it was pitched and designed to do.
So it's a failure.
Glad we agree.

>But it's still obstructionist.
Again, not getting what you want when you want it =/= obstructionist.

>"Progressive" countries have single-payer health care.
And no defense budget.

>More spiteful obstruction.
"We have to pass it first to find out what's in it"
>>
>>148686
>No, he's bad guy because he's a murdering corrupt liar who was also a huge narcissist
Are you sure you're not thinking of Trump?
Trump's the biggest narcissist I can think of.
Even as far back as the 80's it was clear he's in love with himself.
And during the campaign?
Every single subject:
"I know more about ISIS than the Generals."
"Nobody knows more about health care than me."
"Nobody knows more about taxes than me."
"I've got the best words."
etc.

He really believes he's the greatest expert on everything.
>>
>>148696
>Are you sure you're not thinking of Trump?
Are you sure you're not ignoring eight years worth of media lickspittling? Because you are.
Does it make you feel bad to think about? Oh well.

>Even as far back as the 80's it was clear he's in love with himself.
Congrats on dating yourself. Don't forget to take your opioids for your "pain".
>>
>>148694
>So it's doing the complete opposite of what it was pitched and designed to do.
No, it was supposed to increase the number of Americans with health care.
Which it did.

>>148694
>, not getting what you want when you want it =/= obstructionist.
No, but McConnell saying (on the day Scalia died) that the Republican-controlled Senate had no intention of confirming ANY nominee chosen by Obama IS obstructionist.

>>148694
>"We have to pass it first to find out what's in it"
Most congressmen don't read the text of any laws they pass. That's not the same as "nobody was allowed to read the bill".
>>
>>148697
>media lickspittling?
I'm sorry you're tired of most people liking the job Obama did.
But if you wanted a president people liked, you shouldn't have backed a candidate based on how much the liberal majority hates him.
>>
>>148699
>I'm sorry you're tired of most people liking the job Obama did.
I'm sorry you're unable to see blatant lickspittling of a Dear Leader archetype because he's Your Guy (TM).

>But if you wanted a president people liked, you shouldn't have backed a candidate based on how much the liberal majority hates him.
Maybe the liberal minority (FTFY) shouldn't be so repugnant and detestable that people voted in Trump to spite them.
Maybe their attitude that everyone else is wrong and bad and they're always right and should always get their way blinds them to their own glaring issues that were soundly rejected in a legitimate US presidential election.

Maybe if Obama was as good as you claim and wasn't propped up by eight years of propaganda and hedonistic idol worship, Hillary wouldn't have lost.

But that's just tea.
>>
>>148710
>liberal minority (FTFY)
Tell me again who got more votes?
The least popular Democrat in living memory, surrounded by a shroud of corruption?
Or was it the poor-man's Reagan with a spray tan?
>>
>>148699
Obama is a member of a elite class that control nearly all media outlets. Obama never produced any results - the media massaged his presidency into the minds of the public by patting him on the back publicly ever day for 8 years.

Now they're doing the opposite because Trump is a threat to the order of things. They need saps like you to hate him to restore power. They'll bitch and moan about everything he does until people get tired of it.
>>
>>148711
Don't forget that everybody that didn't vote was told that unless they voted, Hillary would win.
>>
>>148710
>people voted in Trump to spite them
You don't actually believe this do you? If anything both candidates were so bad we saw a record low turn out.
And you still lost the popular vote

If Obama didn't do anything then by that logic Trump isn't even in office yet.
>>
>>148754
It's anecdotal, but I do know a guys that wanted Bernie, but voted for trump, Stein and the other guy rather than vote for Clinton 2
>>
>>148781
>implying the dems didn't deserve to lose this time

they came to a thousand successive forks in the road and chose the wrong one every time.

fuck 'em
>>
>>148713
The cognitive dissonance is massive. If nothing else, Trump's showed who to gas. Please fuck off.
>>
>>148864
Lmao, how deluded do you have to be to think that anyone will ever be gassed? Enjoy living in that fantasy world where you can kill anyone who disagrees with you, because reality doesn't work that way, you fatass.
>>
>>148569

>He added that during President Barack Obama's tenure, Obama never called him directly
of course not Obama was an aloof, lazy President
President Trump is hands-on and that's refreshing
now this clown thinks he's above being called by someone
sour grapes
I wish the whole lot of them would grow up
>>
>>148713
this
>>
>>148713
that's not true; we for the first time have a pathway to universal healthcare, he brought us out of a recession, we had near full employment, he didn't involve himself in any scandals, he crafted the Paris Agreement, passed Dodd Frank, negotiated a deal with Iran to stop their enrichment of uranium, ended US combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan, killed Osama Bin Laden, established Net Neutrality, opposed Citizens United, passed FSMA of the FDA, boosted fuel efficiency standards and regulated carbon emissions, subsidized renewable energy technology development, expanded protected land and water area, started a program to house homeless veterans, made FISA courts more transparent, passed regulation that targeted for-profit colleges, reduced the federal deficit, expanded broadband infrastructure, established stricter nutritional standards for public school meals, stepped up drone strikes, and deported people at a higher frequency than Trump has.
>>
>>150039
Shillbot (beep boop) this is not true (beep boop) Obama is a good goy (beep boop bop) he is #1 economy man (beep) bailed out Wall Street (bop) regulations to curb growth (beep bop) regulations (beep) added more regulations (boop) added more regulations (boop) expanded government (beep) adgenda 21 (bop) added regulations (beep) drone strikes on weddings (boop) expanded NSA and CIA powers without oversight (boop) Chosen by (((Citibank))) (beep boop) added more regulations (beep) added more regulations (bop) executive orders (bop) stricter regulations (beep) full part time employment (beep) Global government
>>
>>150043
>full part time employment
actually, the ratio of full:part time employment has increased steadily and markedly since Obama's first term

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/dshort/updates/2017/06/05/the-ratio-of-part-time-employed-now-at-recession-levels
>>
>>150046
Akctuallly
>>
>>150046

Conservatives don't give a shit about the economy or EPA. They're comfortable enough. Maybe they would appreciate some more protections or higher wages. But they will obstruct anything liberals try to do because they care about racial and cultural demographics, but talking about that stuff is taboo. Which is why you have so much fake news coming from the right. they have to make up shit about how everything democrats do is disastrous and everything trump does is great, because that is the only way to justify the only political platform available that's offering to make america white and christian again without looking racist..

If the US were suddenly all white, I guarantee you single payer healthcare, social programs, climate change action, economic regulation would be considered bi-partisan issues because the government would start legislating for the collective good just like you have in Eurasian countries.
>>
>>150058
50% of the USA is evil racist whites, it's pretty much a fact.

Ive been trying to systemically replace my body parts with more ethic ones, but it's really expensive getting skin graft and limb grafts. Like ridiculously expensive. Is it any wonder Americans are sick and tired of capitalism, with how expensive corperations make healthcare in the US?

The US also basically belongs to the native Americans and blacks - they built the US, not whites. Whenever white people see a black person just being nice and working hard, they always try to ruin it. Living in this country makes me sick. I think Venezuela is probably a better place than the US, if you look at the things that matter like racial relations and prosperity in that sense - not just GDP which is all Republicans care about
>>
>>150059
>50% of the USA is evil racist whites, it's pretty much a fact.

I didn't say this, but I bet there is a significant portion of whites that want to live in predominantly white and christian communities same as blacks do, because we're all people. I think it would be nice if we could all ignore race altogether, tear down all communal barriers to mixing, and just judge on individuals on individual merits. But we're not there yet in our cultural evolution. I hope some day we are.

When a subset of whites on the political right pay tax dollars they become suspicious that it's going toward a community they can't appreciate the lifestyle of. This is true in non-white countries like Brazil with similar demographic differences. It leads to communalism. And that's not just religious and racial but also political. Liberals and conservatives don't trust the sort of taxpayer investments the other wants. If we had a more racially and culturally homogeneous society, it would be a lot easier for conservatives and liberals to find common ground.

>Venezuela
Why not Japan or Sweden? If you're upset that I was generalizing some folks on the right to every conservative then you shouldn't be generalizing a small group of communists to everyone on the left.
>>
>>148668
Not the guy you're responding to, but I'm a guy who dislikes both Obama and Trump... and come on now, if you criticize Obama for "his blatantly corrupt "Dear Leader" cult of personality", then you should at least criticize Trump for the same. Trump is a cheap propagandist at least as bad as the sophist Obama ever was.
>>
>>150070
Obama didn't curb gun rights at all and he stepped up deportations to a rate even higher than Trump's.
He was a center right president, even his universal healthcare policy was a heritage institute idea.
There's no good economic reason any conservatives should see him as anything but a decent president.
>>
>>150063
You sound like you're trying to be a friend but I don't think you understand the plight of people of color at all. People of color need to be rid of white people, especially in the US.

Japan and Sweden are fine because they don't systematically oppress women and minorities, but Venezuela and most places in the south Americas have a richer culture and better cohesion in that sense - plus black and Latin peoples are vibrant and have a common oppression that makes them stronger
>>
>>150083
Thats some brainwashed ass talk you got there. Colored people are just as racist as white people, but in the end theres not a difference. We all want to be able to support our selves/families with a good job, we all want to live relatively free and be happy. What youre talking about is simple division tactics and you drank way too much koolaid. For the record im not white and dont hate white people for past atrocities. After all, its white people who are trying to give "minorities" every fucking chance to get ahead, but whites are the minorites on a global scale. They should be nationalistic for fear of losing their heritage, which is something all people of color supposedly hold so close. I dont see blacks practicing voodoo or learning about their african roots. Its just fake bullshit. Their culture is theirs, its not white peoples fault they want to talk like retards, be gang bangers, glorify ignorant entertainment and call each other niggas. Its "cool" to be africsn american, but most of the people they look up to as cultural icons just perpetuate the idiocracy. You think they need to get tid of the whites to have a chance? Where would that get them? Does africa choose to invent shit or is it just every other race. Asians are smart and have contributed greatly to historic inventions, arabs have, caucasions have, indians have,fuck even natives were more advanced than some parts of africa today. You stupid liberal fuck, do you just absorb anything your party and their ilk say? Cause it seems like it, especially when tucker carlson is becoming more based and logical as days go by. I find myself agreeing with gavin mcinnes more than msnbc or cnn combined. Im a liberal (or eas a liberal), but you "progressives" are pushing anybody who doesnt believe everything that you shove down peoples throats away. Its like a fucking cult, youre part of a cult.
>>
>>150079
This.
>>
>>148641
Lol

No
>>
>>150083
Lol. Yeah because the Latins and blacks have such peaceful history's.
>>
>>148680

>moderate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auZRVqrCLY8

^ That video, in case you can't watch it for whatever reason, was Bill Clinton (D) suggesting we actually enforce our borders because he realized our country being flooded with poor stupid brown people was not a good thing.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927

^ That transcript, in case you can't view it for whatever reason, was Hillary Clinton telling donors that she wanted 'open borders.'

Your kind have shifted so far to the left, a self-described socialist (communist) nearly won your party's nomination for President of the United States.

Trump = a centrist Democrat from 20 years. Today, your subhuman filth kind label him a "far right-wing white supremacist" because you're literal retards who have abandoned logic, reason, and facts so that you can suck every colored cock you see while claiming white people need to be replaced at all costs.

One day, sooner than you realize, your kind will be cleansed.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.