[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trudeau’s new ‘feminist’ plan commits 95% of foreign aid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Boko Haram empathy gap.jpg (103KB, 940x788px) Image search: [Google]
Boko Haram empathy gap.jpg
103KB, 940x788px
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/06/09/trudeaus-new-feminist-plan-commits-95-of-foreign-aid-to-gender-women-and-girls-by-2022.html
>Aid groups, which have focused on women and girls for years, welcomed Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s unapologetically feminist foreign aid policy Friday, though the plan does not increase funding.
>A new feminist development policy will reallocate $150 million of the foreign aid budget but does not make new spending commitments. The international development minister says the money will go to women's organizations in 30 countries.

>By helping women, we’ll be helping everyone.
>This is the bold new vision for Canada’s foreign aid, which is being recast as unapologetically feminist by laying out a path to eradicate poverty that focuses on helping women in the world’s poorest countries.
>“Canada is adopting a feminist international assistance policy to promote gender equality and empower all women and girls. For Canada, this is the most effective approach to reducing poverty and building a more inclusive, peaceful and prosperous world,” said international development minister Marie-Claude Bibeau in announcing the new foreign aid policy.
>“When women and girls are given equal opportunities to succeed, they can be powerful agents of change — driving stronger economic growth, encouraging greater peace and co-operation, and improving the quality of life for their families and their communities.”
>In five years, 95 per cent of Canada’s overseas development assistance will be devoted to programs that target gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls. Fifty per cent of the development budget will go to sub-Saharan Africa and the amount of funding going to health and reproductive rights will double.
>While there’s no international precedent for focusing all foreign aid on women, Sweden pioneered a feminist approach to its entire foreign policy agenda — including diplomacy, aid and the military — back in 2015.
>>
>Aid groups, which have been focusing both fundraising and programming around women and girls for years, welcomed the shift of tone in Ottawa.
>“There needs to be a focus on girls, not because of a philosophical idea but because of what an evidence-based approach shows us,” said Caroline Riseboro, president and CEO of Plan International Canada.
>“The research shows beyond a doubt that investment in a girl’s education is the most effective investment we can make in international assistance.”
>Unlike the previous government’s focus on maternal and child health that refused to fund abortions, access to contraceptives and abortion is a key plank in the new foreign aid policy that seeks to delay early marriage and childbirth and prolong girl’s education in order to improve family incomes.
>But Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has kept one controversial feature of development aid policy started by his predecessor: private sector partnerships to leverage additional funding for international aid programs.
>The policy release was the latest salvo in a week of announcements laying out a re-imagined role for Canada in the world. But while those in the aid community applauded the bold women-centred vision, they also asked why there was no new funding announced for aid, when military spending received a $14 billion annual hike.
>>
>“What’s the message we’re sending to the world? Are we saying that we’re going to invest in our military, but the development side, the soft side of peace and security isn’t important? That we don’t feel we need to do our fair share on that front as well?” said Julia Sanchez, President of Canadian Council for International Co-operation, an association of aid groups.
>At just under $5 billion, Canada’s international assistance budget has been flat for the last few years, even as the economy grew. At an estimated 0.26 per cent of gross domestic product, Canada’s development spending is near an all-time low and ranks 18th in the world, according to the Organization of Economic Co-Operation and Development.
>The new aid policy is very high level, and aid groups say it lacked detailed discussion of how particular development projects would be funded. But the feminist vision is a good way to get Canadians involved in thinking about foreign aid.
>“The challenge with international development is always helping Canadians see the connection with their lives,” said Sanchez.
>“The focus on women’s empowerment overseas, at a time when that conversation is very much alive in Canada — closing the pay gap, the missing and murdered Indigenous women inquiry — can get people who are excited about the feminist agenda in Canada to also get excited about doing this overseas,” Sanchez said.
>>
>The logic for adopting a feminist stance for international development is well founded.
>Because girls are disproportionately poor, less well educated and more vulnerable to illness and disease, helping them will help the world’s most vulnerable people. But studies have also shown that once women take up leadership roles — in peace building, business and politics — outcomes are better, meaning empowering women ends up benefitting men as well.
>“When women are at the centre of economic initiatives, whether it’s in a boardroom or in the community, they make a difference. Businesses are more profitable, loans get paid back. Earnings and the family’s well being improve,” said Sanchez.
>“Peace is also an exciting area. There’s a lot of evidence that women involved in peace making efforts, they’re more successful, they arrive faster. There’s a huge amount of opportunity for Canada and the world by focusing in on women.”
>Recognizing that foreign aid does more than alleviate poverty, Ottawa is using the new policy to highlight the ways that development assistance can help accomplish the goals set out in multiple international initiatives, from the UN’s sustainable development goals to the Paris Agreement on climate change.
>Pledging Canada’s commitment to these principles is significant, especially after the U.S. has started to question them.
>“The global agenda around gender equality is really at risk of getting off track right now,” said Plan Canada’s Riseboro. “Canada has stepped forward and said ‘now is our time to play a leadership role globally.’”
>>
>>148241
That can't be right, feminists keep insisting that feminism is about equality and that they care about men too!
Also
>That image
I looked it up and holy shit
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/bb/happened-10000-boys-kidnapped-boko-haram
It's legit. Wtf. 276 girls get kidnapped and the world loses it, but 10,000 boys get kidnapped and nobody even knows about it? Idk if I'd consider myself an MRA but damn I'm beginning to think they're right about a lot of things. Our society doesn't give a fuck about males at all
>>
Neat
>>
>>148241
Why are northern white countries cucked beyond belief
>>
>>148245
>Our society doesn't give a fuck about males at all

Male are half the society. If male don't care about male then pretty much no one else will.
If women didn't care about women issues, then they would be in the same situation.
>>
>>148241
>gives aid money to women in third world countries
>third worlder men proceed to steal from and rape and murder those women with renewed vigor

Yes this has no chance of going wrong. Meanwhile some of that aid money goes to regimes which are inherently anti-women, like Saudi Arabia and several other muslim-majority countries. A few Christian ones too.
>>
>>148267
The whole is more than the sum of it's parts.
How much society cares about something is different than the sum of each person's caring just added up.
>>
>>148330
It's just shitty backwards places we don't have business helping
>>
>>148267
>>148245
I may be wrong but isn't the difference here that 10k boys have been kidnapped over a long period of time while those 276 girls were all kidnapped at once making it a far more noticeable offense. Also lets take into consideration that the boys are most likely kidnapped and turned into soldiers or held for ransom. While the girls are taken with the intent of raping and turning them into sex slaves. I don't know about you guys but I would prefer to be forced to join a terrorist organization rather than raped repeatedly and turned into a sex toy for sandniggers. Thoughts?
>>
>>148388
Islamists have a taste for boy sex as well. The girls are most likely sold to trafficking rings or used as breeding wives
>>
>>148392
Regardless this information is misleading there hasn't only been 276 girls kidnapped. Over time there has most likely been as many or more girls than boys that is just how many were kidnapped from one village at one time if I remember correctly. Tbh this seems more like an attempted bash on feminism and in reality a diversion from a more important issue.
>>
>>148394
It's not a contest. We can be sure unilaterally that radical Islam is a cancer to the world
>>
>>148395
No disagreement there my friend
>>
>>148251
>Northern
As somebody from Australia I find it hilarious you don't think it's just as bad here. Have you heard about the movie about MRAs?
http://theredpillmovie.com
A feminist wanted to make a documentary about how sexist the MRAs are. Except when she actually did her research she found out that were right and feminists were the assholes. Australian feminists have lost their shit over this movie. A bunch of protests, having theaters cancel screenings, the University of Sydney banned it from campus, etc.
Australian feminists are going insane because a feminist tried to make a movie showing that men actually have issues too. And PM Turnbull is as bad as Trudeau tbh
Also last year we had a Senator literally accuse a male Senator of "mansplaining" in the middle of a Senate debate. Australia is as fucked as any northern country

>>148394
>Tbh this seems more like an attempted bash on feminism and in reality a diversion from a more important issue
>Feminists: Only women and girls deserve any foreign aid because fuck men and boys
>Feminists: Only female victims matter, men are disposable so nobody needs to care about them
>Feminists: OMG why are you bashing us you shitlord?!?!
>>
>>148398
I guess it's really just any well off white nation. The irony is well off Asian countries are basically saying fuck no to Islam / multiculti while the EU and Brit colonies are self indoctrinating and becoming inundated with a steady wave of 3rd world migrants
>>
>>148398
Seems everything I said went right on over your head so I guess we are done here.
>>
>>148408
seems you never had much of a point to begin with
>>
>>148241
That's because many of those boys grew up to become canon fodders for their captures. Plus, many of those kidnapped girls went unnoticed, and under reported; so feminists may have an explanation for that.
>>
>>148241
feminist is actually a softer "terrorist" to me, pushing an agenda of their own to the extreme.
>>
>>149340
Feminism has more blood on its hands than ISIS, and I'm being serious. Men are dying years earlier than women, and we can't even talk about it because feminists say it's misogyny to talk about men's issues. Feminism wants to focus on women's health only. So many men are killing themselves, many due to feminism (divorced men are the most likely risk group for suicide), and feminism won't even let us talk about it.
And obviously this OP, how many men and boys are going to die because Canadian feminists decided that only women and girls should get help?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.