[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump's DY Atty General refuses to guarantee that Special

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: kamalaharris.png (132KB, 517x283px) Image search: [Google]
kamalaharris.png
132KB, 517x283px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pECZv4XWByE

Sen. Kamala Harris on Wednesday had a terse exchange with deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein over the independence of special counsel Robert Mueller – which led the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee to instruct Harris to stop her questioning.

During a hearing, the California Democrat asked Rosenstein to provide a letter to Mueller that assure he will be fully independent as he leads the Justice Department's investigation into potential collusion between associates of the Trump campaign and Russia.

"Senator, I'm very sensitive about time, and I'd like to have a very lengthy conversation and explain that all to you," Rosenstein began. "I'll try to do that–"

Harris then interrupted: "Can you give me a yes or no answer?"

"–In the closed briefing," Rosenstein finished. "Well, it's not a short answer, senator."

"It is," Harris replied. "Either you are willing to do that or not, as we have precedent in that regard."

Harris herself was then interrupted by fellow committee member John McCain, R-Ariz.

"Mr. Chairman, they should be allowed to answer the question," he said.

Rosenstein then continued his answer, saying it was theoretically true that Mueller could be removed from his position. But Rosenstein said the assurance she had that wouldn't happen was "Robert Mueller's integrity, (acting FBI director) Andrew McCabe's integrity and my integrity."

Harris cut in once more, asking again that Rosenstein put this in writing.

As their verbal tussle continued, committee chairman Richard Burr called on Harris to suspend her questioning.

"The committee is on notice to provide the witnesses the courtesy (of answering), which has not been extended all the way across," he said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/06/07/harris-rosenstein-tussle-over-muellers-independence-before-harris-gets-cut-off/102592874/
>>
When Harris said Rosenstein had joked about his ability to filibuster, Burr again told her to suspend her questioning and asked Rosenstein to finish his answer.

Rosenstein pointed out that the Senate allowed the independent counsel statute to sunset because lawmakers did not want independent counsels to be completely independent of the Justice Department.

"Under the regulation, he has, I believe, adequate authority to conduct this investigation, and your ultimate check, senator, is, number one, the integrity people of the people involved in the investigation, but number two, the fact that if he were overruled, if he were fired, we would be required to report to the Congress," he said. "I believe that is an appropriate check."

Later on Twitter, Harris defended her methods.

"The American people deserve to know whether the special counsel is fully independent," she wrote. "We need the truth. I won't stop until we get it."

EMILY's List, the political action committee dedicated to getting more pro-choice Democratic women to run for office, called out Burr for his treatment of Harris, saying it was "shameful."

"We’d expect this behavior from Donald Trump – but once again, it looks like the Republican orange doesn’t fall far from the tree. We need more women – and far fewer Burrs – in Congress," the group said in a statement.

Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts – who was cut short by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell while she gave a speech against the nomination of then-Sen. Jeff Sessions as attorney general – also cheered Harris on.
>>
GOP is just terrified that since Russians also hacked the RNC, they've dirt that they may leverage if Trump is removed from office.
>>
She probably would have gotten her sound-bite is she didn't keep interrupting like a bitch.

What I got was that the total independence of a special counsel was allowed to sunset to allow reigning in an out of control investigation (like Whitewater). The justice department can overrule the investigation with the consequence of being called before Congress to explain their action.
>>
>>148093

Not a Trump fan but they merely attempted to hack the RNC. I don't think it was successful. Am I misunderstood? Did the testimony say otherwise?
>>
>on notice
This is the dumbest meme ever.
>>
>>148105
They tried and didnt really get anything good. News stories that were out about the RNC hacking said that they couldnt get into the systems most of the attempts and when they did all they got was stuff that was out of date(password to an email account thats been out of use for 10 years), already public record(archived and available via FOIA) or mundane "you want to go to Panera for lunch or Chipotle?" According to Comeys testimoney they have been influencing our elections for years and will continue to do so. They just did more this round for reasons, causing the big ruckus.
>>
>>148093
Still no proof of Russian hacking

Still no evidence of collusion

Comey testifies there's nothing there

Can this end now holy shit
>>
>>148136
>Still no proof of Russian hacking
Not according to the nation's intelligence community.

>Still no evidence of collusion
Not on Trump's part, but he's probably just an unwitting fool.
If Sessions, Flynn, Manafort, etc.weren't colluding, why did so many people try to lie about contact with the Russians?
Why was Flynn offering to trade testimony for immunity?
All circumstantial, sure, but it's pretty clear there was collusion
And then there's Carter Page...

>Comey testifies there's nothing there
Comey testified that Trump asked him to drop a legit criminal investigation.
If the Republicans weren't so universally corrupt, Trump would be headed to prison.
>>
>>148131
If only they'd realized how crazy stupid most Americans are, they could've released them and started a conspiracy about an illegal immigrant slave trading market in Chipotle.
>>
>>148138

Clapper: "No Evidence of Collusion" - March 2017

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/full-clapper-no-evidence-of-collusion-between-trump-and-russia-890509379597

Clapper: Still no evidence of political Collusion - June 2017

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/james-clapper-still-no-evidence-of-any-russian-collusion-with-trump-campaign/article/2622452

Hayden: No Evidence of Collusion, but Investigation is Called for Regardless - June 2017

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/05/29/michael-hayden-jared-kushner-russia-sot-lead.cnn

Comey: Trump Never told me to let go of Flynn Investigation - June 2017

Tweet from SkyNews Newsdesk

Chris Matthews: "Russian Collusion story has Come Apart with Comeys Testimony" - June 2017

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/chris-matthews-trump-russia-collusion-theory-came-apart-with-comey-testimony/article/2625372

Comey: Loretta Lynch asked me to not investigate Hillary

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/08/us/politics/comey-testimony-loretta-lynch.html?referer=https://www.bing.com/search?q=comey%20testimony%20lynch&qs=n&form=QBRE&pc=U316&sp=-1&pq=comey%20testimony%20lynch&sc=0-21&sk=&cvid=32B4749E33D1465382514A34EE72BEF9

He said this:
Russia "interfered" with our election (notice the apt removal of the word "hacked")

Trump was not involved with said interference

They had no evidence of any player colluding with Russia - but are investigating

He leaked sensitive documents /memo to the NYTimes
>>
>>148149
>Russia "interfered" with our election (notice the apt removal of the word "hacked")
You can't possibly take that as evidence that the interference didn't involve hacking. Saying "Russia hacked our election" sounds quite ambiguous. Interference more accurately describes the range of activities they were engaged in that we should be concerned about.

>Clapper: "No Evidence of Collusion" - March 2017
Like the poster above you said, not necessarily on Trump's part, but on part of Trump's campaign, that's now virtually beyond question given the folks that lied under oath about their contact with folks in Russian government and the pains folks like Kushner went through to do so. The circumstantial evidence is overwhelming that nobody is arguing there wasn't collusion. In any case, Trump wasn't under investigation at the time, he may very well be now that a special prosecutor has been appointed.
>>
>>148149
"No evidence" is a lie.
There is plenty of evidence, it's just all circumstantial.
And that's exactly what justifies investigations.
And if they weren't colluding, what WERE they talking about in these meetings the administration was caught lying about?
>>
>>148151
>that we should be concerned about
Lmao say this like our elections were honest and pure until 2016. Grow up, all elections are corrupt af, Russian involvement or not. This is all a big ole screen from the real problems with the system, i.e. unlimited donations, rigged DNC/RNC, two-party etc etc etc
>>
>>148154
Smoke screen*
>>
>>148154
I agree those are problems even worse than Russian interference but we obviously can't just throw up our hands and say fuck democracy, let them do whatever they please, if elections not 100% representative then we should just move toward a single party system.
>>
>>148157
>I agree those are problems even worse than Russian interference
At least those problems involve Americans interfering in our own elections, and don't result in us becoming a Russian puppet state.
But either way, you're right about not letting any imperfection sway you from safeguarding the process in general.
>>
>>148151
Theyre going to relinquish everything and settle with "Russia supported fake news and trolled the internet"

Which is two things:

1) Impossible to dicern who would have voted in either direction - ie did the trolling and fake news sway anyone and can we prove it?

2) Nothing that every single other country participates in as well
>>
>>148153
>There is plenty of evidence
>proceeds to give none
>>
>>148145
Nah, the human trafficking company is dunkin donuts buying Indian IT guys, having them work the kitchen, then charging them an 80% fee for having proccessed their H1B.
>>
>>148891
>>>148153
>>There is plenty of evidence
>>proceeds to give none
There's tons of circumstantial evidence.
And lots of people have said they know things they aren't sharing with the public:
CIA/NSA/etc
Flynn
Comey
etc.

There was a FISA warrant on Carter Page before the election.
That had to involve probable cause.
>>
It's time for Mueller to step down and the Russian conspiracy theory to be officially shut down. The armed citizenry wont take much more of this!
>>
>>149056
I think you are upsetting some left-wingers. You wanna upset them further? Tell them that the majority of our Military stand with our Armed citizenry. Our Great Nation was founded with BULLETS and the blood of good conservatives overthrowing the LIBTARD king George Cornwallis. NOT 'BALLOTS' and 'FREEDUMS', but BLOOD and BULLETS.
Praise KEK's holy name it and the book of /pol/ it shall been!!!
>>
>>148083
I have a hard time believing Trump, in all of his immense incompetence, would actually attempt to fire Mueller. How would that not be a massive glaring impeachment siren going off that he's obstructing justice and has some really deep shit to hide? How does he not draw parallel between that and Nixon firing SP Archibald Cox shortly before his shit hit the fan back in the 70s?
>>
>>149057
you need to go back to your containment board.
>>
>>149096
Republicans would back him up and score massive brownie points from their base.
>>
>>149097
But he gets good boy points from his anonymous buddies when he epicly raids other boards. You can't just take away somebody's good boy points like that, man.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.