[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gov. Baker Enters Mass. Into Multi-State Climate Alliance After

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: AP_530930466466-1000x684.jpg (55KB, 1000x684px) Image search: [Google]
AP_530930466466-1000x684.jpg
55KB, 1000x684px
MA Gov. Charlie Baker and Vermont Gov. Phil Scott, two of the four Republican governors in New England, announced late Friday afternoon that they would join a coalition of states committed to fulfilling the tenets of the Paris Climate Agreement despite President Trump's decision this week to withdraw from the international pact.

Baker had said he was disappointed in Trump's decision and committed to promoting clean energy and reduced carbon emissions in Massachusetts, but demurred when asked earlier in the day about joining the coalition.

Over the course of the day, Baker's office said the governor was able to connect with Scott and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, one of the founding members of the U.S. Climate Alliance.

"As the Commonwealth reiterates its commitment to exceed the emission reduction targets of the Paris Climate Agreement, today we join the U.S. Climate Alliance to expand on our efforts while partnering with other states to combat climate change," Baker said in a statement. "After speaking with Governors Cuomo and Scott, our administration looks forward to continued, bipartisan collaboration with other states to protect the environment, grow the economy and deliver a brighter future to the next generation."

Baker and Scott wrote to Energy Secretary Rick Perry last month urging the Trump administration to remain in the pact, and Perry was reportedly one of the officials who advised the president not to withdraw.

The governors of California, New York and Washington, all Democrats, launched the coalition Thursday after Trump said he would withdraw the United States from the Paris accord, saying its terms are not fair and predicting major job losses because of the agreement.

The Democratic governors of Rhode Island and Connecticut also announced Friday that they would join the state climate alliance.

http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/06/02/baker-massachusetts-joins-climate-alliance
>>
State Senate President Stan Rosenberg and House Speaker Robert DeLeo, both Democrats, applauded Baker for joining the alliance.
>>
This feels like a light succession. At the very least, I don't recall another moment in history where the states decided to tell the President to fuck off like this.
>>
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/01/us/trump-climate-deal-cities-states-defying/ Same guy from above. This list is growing. Here's a list I copy/pasted by Governor and State:

-- Charlie Baker, Massachusetts
-- Jerry Brown, California
-- Kate Brown, Oregon
-- Andrew Cuomo, New York
-- John Hickenlooper, Colorado
-- David Y. Ige, Hawaii
-- Jay Inslee, Washington
-- Dannel P. Malloy, Connecticut
-- Terry McAuliffe, Virginia
-- Gina M. Raimondo, Rhode Island
>>
a bunch of fucktards
>>
Neato
>>
NB4 "communist traitors".
>>
This is actually pretty good. As long as the Fed doesn't have to pay 100 billion a year, the states doing whatever they want for climate is fine.
>>
>>146380
It's fine but for the first time in the history of human civilization, we have a problem in which everyone either directly contributes to or obstructs a solution simply as a function of how they run their society. And everyone is susceptible to
At some point there's only so much half of us can do before the other half has to do something. Especially when some of the most coal rich states are the most shiftless.
>>
>>146383
Coal like slavery leading up to the civil war is on its way out reregardless of treaties. With each advance in solar cells they become more effective, efficient, and nost importantly affordable. As they become more numerous demand for storage batteries will push demand and later competition for wall batteries if not mandate utility grade substation batteries to reduce the need for constant generation. Coal sucks at ramping up and down production and is really intended for constant steady generation while natural gas does not share these limitations. NY fucks a lot of shit up but our energy sector is actually very functional (especially compared to our social services) and we are not even in the primary sun belt. My gripe is paying third world kleptocrats extra aid money to buy cheap solar cells from china while claiming to pay our prices
>>
>>146383
I know this has been said before, but I truly doubt the relationship between co2 and temperature rise and the models NASA uses have been tweaked and modified so much their not even worth anything
>>
>>146352
Please, it's virtue signaling. They gave no power because the agreement has no power. Ask they can do is set state policy and that's what did have been fine anyway.

Either way I edited me blue Staters moving to red states.
>>
>>147115
Texas had more wind than any state. They actually do things that make financial sense instead of just virtue signal.
>>
>>146383
If you believe the myth of human caused climate change
>>
>>146368
Pretty worthless imo, there Paris climate treaty is a pledge. I seriously doubt Illinois, state that can't pay it's bills is going to give billions to India.
>>
>>147115
Eh, you have foreign aid budget anyway, better spend it on something worthwhile rather than niggers who can't take care of themselves.
>>
fuck all the racists people kill yourself
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.