[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Politically Correct Insanity: Cops Can No Longer Call Suspects…

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

File: politically correct insanity.jpg (183KB, 996x704px) Image search: [Google]
politically correct insanity.jpg
183KB, 996x704px
But it gets even crazier, as now convicted prisoners can no longer be called “offenders”, they’re now “students”…

http://www.redstate.com/terichristoph/2017/05/22/seattle-really-insane-police-can-no-longer-call-suspects-suspects/
May 22, 2017
Teri Christoph

Seattle Really Is Insane: Police Can No Longer Call Suspects “Suspects”

Last month, Demarius Butts, 19, and his 17-year-old sister decided to stealsome beer and doughnuts from a 7-11 in Seattle. After brandishing a gun at the store’s clerk, Butts and his sister ran away, then stopped for a smoke. Officers responding to a report of the armed robbery at the 7-11 quickly caught up to them. A shoot out ensued, with Butts ending up being killed, but only after he himself had shot three Seattle police officers.

But don’t call Demarius Butts a suspect in this case because that’d be politically incorrect. Now, instead, they must call suspects like Mr. Butts “community members.” Many cops are not happy about the change.

“I think this is all in an effort to make sure our report writing sounds politically correct,” Seattle Police Officers’ Guild Kevin Stuckey told KIRO 7.

“I don’t think you should have a broad stroke like that and call everybody the same thing,” he said. “I don’t think there’s anything wrong with calling someone who is a victim a victim, or calling someone who’s a suspect a suspect.”

The change in terminology comes after the Washington Department of Corrections stopped using the term “offender” to describe inmates, instead choosing to call them “students.”

“The term ‘offender’ does have a negative connotation and significantly impacts a broad group of people and communities,” Acting DOC Secretary Dick Morgan wrote in an internal department memo, obtained by KIRO 7.

“Times change, and so does our language.”

So, now, convicted killers, rapists and felons are “students.” And wannabe killers, rapists and felons are “community members.”

Stay loony, Seattle.
>>
Leftists gonna left
>>
>redstate.com

Fake news, or at least certainly biased "news."

Just report and hide.
>>
>>142300
>Fake news

They quote the Seattle Police Union and the Washington State Dept.of Corrections.

The only "fake news" here is your desperate attempt to distract from the fact that the Left has gone completely bat-shit crazy and no longer has any connection to reality.

And lets not even get into the Mainstream Media calling rioting Blacks "youths"...
>>
>>142214
yeah being called a suspect before any proof is absurd, anyone can is a suspect before convicted
>>
>>142372
>yeah being called a suspect before any proof is absurd

No, it's proper English.

Calling a criminal suspect a "community member" and a convicted prisoner a "student" is political correctness gone insane.
>>
>>142300
Kill yourself liberal.
>>
>>142376
Legal terminology doesn't have to follow proper English. The correct term would be "person of interest" if there is no proof.
>>
>>142376
>Introducing new terms
>insane
What will they do next, change police uniforms to a lighter blue? What kind of mad liberal world is this?!
>>
>>142372
suspect is someone actively suspected of committing a crime that you're investigating. there's no reason to refer to an average random citizen as a suspect unless it's reasonable to suspect them of committing the crime you're investigating.
>>
>>142427
>there's no reason to refer to an average random citizen as a suspect

They're not "average random citizens", they are literally suspects in a fucking crime;

"Last month, Demarius Butts, 19, and his 17-year-old sister decided to stealsome beer and doughnuts from a 7-11 in Seattle. After brandishing a gun at the store’s clerk, Butts and his sister ran away, then stopped for a smoke. Officers responding to a report of the armed robbery at the 7-11 quickly caught up to them. A shoot out ensued, with Butts ending up being killed, but only after he himself had shot three Seattle police officers."

And what kind a insanity is it to demand that convicted and incarcerated criminals be called "students"?!

WTF is wrong with you?
>>
>>142426
> Murderers will now be called cute fluffy bunnies
> this is completely normal and correct
>>
>>142453
Ive never been to a school of cute fluffy bunnies, it sounds adorable though.
>>
>>142372
Because when you're convicted you're not SUSPECTED of having done the crime, you're fucking CONVICTED of it. Which is why they're called CONVICTS.

Where the fuck were you educated? Who the fuck was your educator. Fucking wolves would have raised you smarter.
>>
>>142214
>community members
Members of the crime community?
Do those niggas not realise that calling common criminal a ""community member"" not only normalises their crimes, but also equates law-abiding citizens with actual criminals? Fuck is this dumb.
>So, now, convicted killers, rapists and felons are “students.” And wannabe killers, rapists and felons are “community members.”
K E K
>>
>>142449
did you COMPLETELY miss the point of my post, you tremendous fucking buffoon? i was agreeing with you, you utterly disgustingly stupid fucking fool.

jesus christ.
>>
Yet another /pol/tard circlejerk thread where the only evidence for anything is a goddamn spin story from (((redstate)))
Keep getting irate goyim, it makes you easier to control, angry swine who herd themselves to the chopping block with hardly any goading needed
>>
>>142519
>Yet another /pol/tard circlejerk thread where the only evidence for anything is a goddamn spin story from (((redstate)))

Again; the article quotes the police union responding to the state dept. of corrections, which issued the completely insane politically correct directive in contravention of all common sense.
>>
>suspect Demarious Butts

what a goddamned name
>>
>I'm appalled and outraged!!!!!11
>>
>they start calling it con college
>>
>>142469
It's an attempt to remove the stigma of them being somehow disassociated from the community. The idea being that when you commit a crime, if you're treated like a monster then the inevitable guilt or frustration will cause you to lash out and retreat further into crime rather than trying to rehabilitate. I think the goal of the justice system should always to be to rehabilitate rather than just punish, or we just end up with a revolving door prison system.
>>
>redstate
Fuck off commie, your kind has no place here. Can't wait until you fucks get kicked out of America, it will happen soon!
>>
If the suspects have to be called community members that means the cops are so incompetent that whenever a crime happens they are arresting someone unrelated to the crime.
>>
>>142550
>I think the goal of the justice system should always to be to rehabilitate rather than just punish, or we just end up with a revolving door prison system.

Sure, but another fundamental goal of ht justice system is discouraging crime in the first place and calling criminals "community members" and "students" (un-fucking-believable!) is doing the exact opposite.
>>
>>142372
sus·pect
verb
səˈspekt/Submit
have an idea or impression of the existence, presence, or truth of (something) without certain proof.
"if you suspect a gas leak, do not turn on an electric light"
synonyms: have a suspicion, have a feeling, feel, (be inclined to) think, fancy, reckon, guess, surmise, conjecture, conclude, have a hunch; More
doubt the genuineness or truth of.
"a broker whose honesty he had no reason to suspect"
synonyms: doubt, distrust, mistrust, have misgivings about, be skeptical about, have qualms about, be suspicious of, be wary of, harbor reservations about
"he had no reason to suspect my honesty"
noun
ˈsəsˌpekt/Submit
a person thought to be guilty of a crime or offense.
"the police have arrested a suspect"
synonyms: suspected person, accused, defendant
"a murder suspect"
adjective
ˈsəsˌpekt/Submit
not to be relied on or trusted; possibly dangerous or false.
"a suspect package was found on the platform"
synonyms: suspicious, dubious, doubtful, untrustworthy;
>>
>>142576
How? You think people won't commit crimes out of fear of being labeled convicts?
>>
>>142551
Ass
>>
>>142586
Other Anon here and no, but normalising their behaviour (by not calling criminals criminals for example) could be showing other people it's OK to do the same.
"I stole, but I'm no thief. I'm a member of the community which means there is more people like me, doing the same things as I do, so it's perfectly fine to steal. Everyone does it!"
>>
>>142214
This makes no sense.
>>
>if we ban the term nigger, there won't be any racists anymore

Flawless logic
>>
>>142214
there must be more criminal than normal citizens for such a rule to be allowed
>>
>>142214
>The change in terminology comes after the Washington Department of Corrections stopped using the term “offender” to describe inmates, instead choosing to call them “students.”
>“Times change, and so does our language.”

This has to be a joke.
>>
>>142214
>reporting several youth community members attempting to free student from internment
>>
>>142881

Isn't that basically what they've been trying to do for the last ~40 years?
>>
>>142214
>Demarius Butts
I'm sorry, I couldn't make it any farther than this. My sides are gone.
>>
>>142586
If you impose the death penalty for all felonies they sure as hell would stop committing crimes.
>>
>someone clearly shooting someone being called a suspect an not straight up a criminal or offender
also, butts shooting at the police
>>
>>142893
look at the name of the site
>>
>>142966
What are you a liberal
>>
>>142966
>look at the name of the site

Look at the quotes in the article; the Seattle Police Officers’ Guild and the state Dept. of Corrections.

Are you suggesting they're lying?
>>
>>142982
Red = republican = racist evilness
>>
>>142214
>redstate.com

>THESE PROBLEMS MATTER!!!11ty

surething bub.
>>
>>143015
Oh no another liberal somebody help its feelings
>>
How can a person serving time be considered a student? Department of corrections aren't teachers, they're glorified babysitters.
>>
>>143039
majority of inmates are enrolled into some sort of education program or another
>>
>>143069
True but obviously they would be if the choice is enrolling serving less time and not enrolling and serving full time.
>>
>>143070
well of course, that's the point, isn't it?
i agree that it's purposefully misleading to call them 'students', but technically it isn't wrong.
>>
>>142372
Behold, the fruits of public education.
>>
>>142214
Liberalism is a mental disorder. I do take comfort in knowing that these liberal idiots will be victims of the growing nigger on white crime stats soon. Same reason i don't stress out about the rise of muslim terrorism. It's mostly city liberals that get killed. Like the 50 faggots in orlando.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.