[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reince Priebus scrambles to stop aides from slipping internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 1

File: 1488857430612.jpg (24KB, 506x556px) Image search: [Google]
1488857430612.jpg
24KB, 506x556px
Aides to President Donald Trump regularly print out fake news and internet hoaxes and place them on the president’s desk in the hopes that he will read them, according to a new report from Politico.

Sources tell Politico that the situation has grown so dire that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus recently sent out a memo asking aides to not put any news stories on the president’s desk, out of fear that they may turn out to be hoaxes that he will impulsively tweet about.

One recent incident involved Deputy National Security Adviser K.T. McFarland printing out a fake Time magazine cover purportedly from the 1970s that predicted a coming Ice Age. As Time itself has documented, the cover was doctored as part of a hoax intended to spread misinformation about climate change.

“Trump quickly got lathered up about the media’s hypocrisy,” Politico writes. “But there was a problem. The 1970s cover was fake, part of an Internet hoax that’s circulated for years. Staff chased down the truth and intervened before Trump tweeted or talked publicly about it.”

This is relevant because aides will regularly slip Trump stories to manipulate him and get him on board with their agenda — Trump’s infamous tweet about former President Barack Obama illegally wiretapping Trump Tower, for instance, reportedly came after he read an article that was placed on his desk that falsely claimed Obama had spied on him during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Additionally, Politico‘s sources say that Trump fired Deputy Chief of Staff Katie Walsh earlier this year after someone slipped an article posted on conspiracy theorist Chuck Johnson’s website alleging that Walsh was responsible for all the damaging leaks coming out of the administration.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/reince-priebus-scrambles-to-stop-aides-from-slipping-internet-hoaxes-on-trumps-desk-report/
>>
>>141892
his next diplomatic visit will involve a wealthy nigerian prince
>>
>>141892
>tfw normies gone and /pol/ in the white horse

feels good. if only that libcuck priebus would leave
>>
>>141892
>trolling the President into destroying the fabric of the federal government

Please, no.
>>
>rawstory editorialising politico
Yeah no
>>
>>141956
Do you think they made it up?
>>
Holy shit. That is amazing and explains so much about the nonsense he spouts. I hope they keep doing it, it's getting him in some deep shit.

For someone who whines so much about "fake news" he sure is quick to believe whatever random shit gets placed on his desk.
>>
>>141959

donald trump is a solipsist. He believes his reality is the only real one.
>>
>>141959
>he sure is quick to believe whatever random shit gets placed on his desk.

No excuse, but shouldnt that literally be the aides job to filter the fake shit? So that the president doesnt have to bother checking everything twice.
>>
>>141992
In any case it's his fault for surrounding himself with complete shills and then not asking questions.
>>
>>141994
He thinks he's so smart. Remember that time he pulled the Tyrion Lannister and gave different information to different people to try and figure out who the traitor was? And yet he still falls for this shit.
>>
>McFarland printing out a fake Time magazine cover purportedly from the 1970s that predicted a coming Ice Age.
>“Trump quickly got lathered up about the media’s hypocrisy,” Politico writes. “But there was a problem. The 1970s cover was fake, part of an Internet hoax that’s circulated for years.
I'd have to see the cover, but this definitely happened in the 70's. Several different publications warned of the coming ice age before they decided we were warming instead. It's spooky to see how this is being whitewashed now.
>>
>>141956
I think anon should have posted the Politico article instead, seeing that RawStory is clearly left wing.
>>
Read the sticky, editorials are not allowed
>>
>>142010
Where's the opinion? This isn't an editorial and it centers on recently discovered information.
>>
Priebus is a poison pill and needs to be fired.
>>
>>142008
There is nothing wrong with being left wing if the information is correct.
>>
>>142017
Agreed, it would be far more hilarious to see Trump say stupid shit without ever checking his facts.
>>
Here's the actual politico article

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/15/donald-trump-fake-news-238379
>>
>>142006
But the article literally says what you just stated; there was significant consternation in the media about global cooling in the '70s before the scientific consensus changed, but the Time magazine cover is a mock-up of a real one. How exactly does changing one's mind and pointing out obvious frauds constitute 'whitewashing'? Do you lack the intellectual honesty to recognise blatant disinformation when you see it?
>>
>>142024
Time Magazine isn't a scientific journal and the journalists there aren't climate scientists.
>>
>>142024
I've seen the 1979 magazine with my own eyes.
http://flashbak.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/TimeMagCoolingCovers.jpg
>>
>>141905
Fpbp
>>
>>142025
You're right, and I never said it was. But the claim that there's some media conspiracy to change the narrative is ridiculous when they're merely publicising the ample proof found by the scientific community that global warming is genuine. It gets even more galling when those same people are blind to obvious frauds like this magazine cover being waved in their faces.

Politics is not, and will never be, a good substitute for quantifiable reality, and the Right more often than not struggles with the difference between the two.
>>
>>142033
Did you not read my comment? Again; Time has written about global freezing before the science corrected that view, but the penguin cover in the link is a known fake. Why do you have such an issue with the media publicising new information? If we found out one day that end-stage cancer was in fact still reversible or that time-travel was possible, wouldn't everyone want to be updated on these developments?
>>
>>142035
We're simply rubbing your nose in your boo boos from the past. You can pretend like it didn't happen, but we'll never forget.
>>
>>142037
Not him but I know why. It's because you are conflating the pop-science that ends up in Time Magazine which is dumbed down for non-scientific people with actual science found in scientific journals.
>>
>>142038
Yes, just like you haven't forgotten that balanced humours are the key to good health, nothing can travel faster than sound, and the smallest amount of matter is the atom. Come the fuck on.

Scientific theories change, and the media reports it as it should.
>>
>>142040
If you can see the difference between a news magazine and a scientific journal, then so can I. And your point is?
>>
>>142041
>Scientific theories change, and the media reports it as it should.
You are 100% correct, Sir. Forgive some of us if we don't panic every time a scientist says the sky is falling.
>>
>>141892
How come everyone is laughing at the president for trusting his staff and no one is pointing out that his staff is treasonous and untrustworthy?

They are purposefully sabotaging the presidency but it's okay because frumpy drumpf is dumb am I rite gaiz?

Definitely focusing on the wrong thing here. If this had happened to Obama everyone would be screaming racism and treason.

Just goes to further show the complete bias in the establishment and msm
>>
>>142049
>>142049
I get what you're feeling, anon, but climatologists aren't fear-mongers worrying about distant hypotheticals. They're being honest about a looming problem that partisans are avoiding in the name of short-term gain. They're calling for decisive action, and the only way to get it is by earning recognition and respect.

The changes they advocate are radical and intimidating, even to their supporters. But we have to get off our asses and do something, anything, if we want our future generations to survive, let alone live in comfort. Will our grandkids forgive us as easily as we forgive ourselves?
>>
>>142067
>but it's okay because frumpy drumpf is dumb
Yes. Screw your 'honorabu president' nonsense, he's terrible and wasn't even the people's choice.
>>
>>142070
>aren't fear monger
>all their work is based on educated guesses save the weather of the last 100 years or so
>every big climate shift before happened without humans
>the timing of these huge shifts are estimates and guesses
>"10 years to change or we all die"

Yeah totes not fear monger omg and 100% super obvious smart calculations to prove it.
>>
>>142075
>therefore treasonous acts are a ok because it's done to the guy I don't like
>he only won by the rules of the election, he didn't really win anyways
Kys
>>
>>142079
It's not even that I don't like him, it's that he's a terrible person for the job he's been given
>Winning in a technicality and under investigation for winning fairly in the first place
Great argument, kys, patriotfag.
>>
>>142077
Regardless of the veracity of climate change, you have to admit it cannot go on forever, the industrial civilisation is bound to crash and disappear.
>>
>>142070
>>142077
Stop derailing the thread
>>
>>142077
By 'educated guess', do you mean a hypothesis? If so, it's developed way past that into an actual solid theory supported by evidence and observation. The hardware and software of the Mac/PC you're typing on was developed from hypotheses that were confirmed into theory. It's not idle speculation, as much as anyone would like it to be.

Furthermore, just because large-scale climate changes have happened before us, doesn't somehow mean we can't make their impact worse. If prehistoric shifts happened quickly and suddenly enough to snuff out millions of lives and species in (relatively) no time at all, just how hard are they going to hit with our foot firmly on the pedal?
>>
>>142081
>he won by the rules of the election
>"technicality"
>under investigation for winning unfairly
>"no evidence at this time" Nancy Pelosi after 6 months of actively searching for evidence

Nice straw man.
>>
>>141892
>Sources tell
Oh it's more leftist media bullshit
>>
>>142084
Gotta love when these pretentious climate alarmists explain how science works

You're the one who doesn't understand this issue dipshit
>>
Okay, now imagine Trump gets only one side of this argument on his desk, and then just defends it without thinking about where it came from, or asking for any further explanation on it. That's the president we're dealing with.
>>
>>142097
>climate alarmists
Well look what we have here.
>>
>>142088
>Elected representative of the people
>Minority of the vote
Hrm
>Nancy Pelosi
>Leading investigations of the FBI
Hrrrm
>>142096
>Sources are leftist bullshit
So is just making claims up about anything how the right gets their information?
>>142097
>>142105
Go find an actual climate thread to shit up.
>>
>>142099
>he might believe what his aides give him
>like he's supposed to because that's their job
They're aides and they are purposefully sabotaging him. Their job is to help him and they are going out of their way to trick him and humiliate him and our country on a international scale. They are purposefully causing him to provoke a negative reaction over false information making him look like an idiot and lower his approval ratings.

How is that not treason? How is that not betraying your president and your country? How is it justified because "teehee he fell for it"?

They should all be fired.
>>
>>142114
Of course they should be fired, and then they should be commended by exposing Trump's incompetence before he really fucks up something sensitive (again).

And Trump is the one to do the firing. If Trump can't manage to surround himself with honest individuals that's his failure. The US president should not require any babysitting. A mistake is understandable but when he's getting outraged about right wing blog posts and photoshopped pictures that's inexcusable incompetence by any intelligible standards.

And many of Trump's own inner circle, especially Bannon and Kushner, have been orders of magnitude worse in taking advantage of Trump's feeble-mindedness.
>>
>>142113
The right doesn't discover information, they make it.
>>
>>142034
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>142113
These "sources" are bullshit.

The media is making shit up.
>>
>>142114
'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me- you can't get fooled again.' - George W. Bush

Apologism feels great when you're the one doing it, huh? If Trump isn't responsible for his own idiocy, then what the fuck IS he responsible for then?
>>
>>142257
"i don't believe in American exceptionalism" -Barrack Hussein Obama
>>
>>142114
>"teehee he fell for it"
Some of it might be "teehee he fell for it" but it strikes me that getting him outraged about global warming and the media serves some agendas as well.
>>
>>142270
"I hate blacks, I hate spics, I hate Jews, I hate chinks, I hate Arabs, I hate mongoloids, I hate lesbians" - Donald J. Trump
>>
>>142162
>non-right wing news are bullshit.
>>
Trump's an idiot who calls the media fake news when they literally just quote something he said.
>>
>>142311
Trump didn't actually say that though.

Bant with libs is no fun because you're just a liar.
>>
>>142350
Anonymous sources are bullshit
>>
>>142311

Btw trump's daughter is a jew. He's wearing a jew hat in his twitter photo. But "he hates jews" ok...

Liberals live in a fantasy land.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.