[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oxford student who knifed boyfriend could avoid prison 'because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 1

>A budding heart surgeon studying at Oxford University who knifed her boyfriend during a violent row could avoid jail because of her "extraordinary" talent, a judge has said.

>Oxford Crown Court Judge Ian Pringle said that a custodial sentence, which would normally be meted out for such a crime, would prevent Lavinia Woodward from embarking on her chosen career - a sentence, which he said was, "too severe".

>It was stated at the court, where the 24-year-old admitted to a charge of unlawful wounding, that she met her victim on Tinder before she launched into her attack on 30 September.

>The judge heard how she punched the man and swiped at him with a bread knife after drinking and taking drugs.

>The Cambridge-educated man was stabbed in the leg before she threw a laptop, glass and a jam jar at him at the iconic Christ Church College.

>Pringle said: "It seems to me that if this was a one-off, a complete one-off, to prevent this extraordinary able young lady from not following her long-held desire to enter the profession she wishes to, would be a sentence which would be too severe.

>He added according to the Guardian: "What you did will never, I know, leave you but it was pretty awful, and normally it would attract a custodial sentence, whether it is immediate or suspended."

>The judge then made the unusual decision to suspend his sentencing for four months, with Woodward having to return to the court on 25 September.

>It was even stated by her defence barrister James Sturman QC that Christ Church would even allow her to return in October because she "is that bright" and has had articles published in medical journals.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oxford-student-knifed-boyfriend-could-190230031.html
>>
Put trigger warnings on that
>>
>>140710

What?
>>
>>140706
right because thats who i want slicing into me....
>>
>>140706
Surgeons that have no empathy isn't very healthy for the people being operated on.
>>
>>140764
You ever really talked to surgeons? The best ones are fucking psychos. Maybe thats what the judge meant by "extraordinary talent".
>>
>>140706
>Oxford student who knifed boyfriend could avoid prison 'because of her attractive white female face'
FIFY
>>
was it just a flesh wound
>>
>>140706
Just like that sports player who sodomized his teammate while screaming racial slurs?

Really activates my almonds
>>
Cool. If Brock Turner raped an unconscious woman behind a dumpster and got away with it, so should she.
>>
>>140783
Its because she's a woman you dumbass marxist

She's looks Arabic anyway.
>>
>>140792
He was drunk. He was raped.
>>
>>140792
>so should she.

Umm, does she stand any chance of making the Olympic swim team? Then no she fucking well shouldn't!

To quote Mel Brooks, "It's good to be rich and white!"
>>
>>140792
>One travesty of justice deserves another
>let's never get it right

I'm upset that you even exist
>>
>>140706
>extraordinary talent
being female and white?

also
>ywn be stabbed by a cutie from Tinder
why live?

>>140793
also cuz she's white. White privilege is real anon. Her female privilege matters more than white privilege, but the white privilege is still a factor.
>she looks Arabic
You're right, she does look Swedish
>>
>>140791
Proofs?
>>
>>140837
>white privilege

This is a huge myth. Blacks don't receive harsher penalties. But of course, blacks commit the most crimes (repeat offenders) so they go to jail the most.

It's very lazy thinking to just assume the system is racist.

That dylan roof guy got DEATH and they didn't take long deciding that. Such privilege, the guy is young too.
>>
>>140857
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/02/26/slap-on-the-wrist-white-classmate-avoids-jail-in-coat-hanger-assault-of-disabled-black-teen/?utm_term=.a948cd9f3f64

I'd green text but 4chang is shiiting itself
>>
Stabbing someone in the leg is literally nothing.
>>
So the people defending her are the same who cried out to lynch Brock Turner?
>>
>>140706
I remember Dr Shipman was also very talented.
>>
>>140882
I'll take the femoral artery for 500
>>
>>140706
>A budding heart surgeon studying at Oxford University who knifed her boyfriend during a violent row could avoid jail because of her "extraordinary" talent, a judge has said.

Meanwhile, some British _MALE_ teenager shitposts about some soccer player and they throw in jail...

But then we all already knew the British were cucked.
>>
>>140920
Which artery is in the leg is easy to strike only in specific locations?
>>
>could
Yes, and I could grow wings and fly.
>>
>>140938

UK judges are that fucking retarded.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2722845/Estate-agent-21-glassed-stranger-night-spared-jail-despite-18th-conviction-assault.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3194957/City-banker-glassed-clubber-row-dancing-spared-jail-judge-says-hurt-high-flying-career.html
>>
>>140859
dylan represented himself and seemingly sought out the death sentence
>>
>>140794
she was also drunk and on drugs
>>
This is why I am glad we own guns in America. So people like her can't get away with crime because of a sexist corrupt justice system
>>
>>140706
>>It was stated at the court, where the 24-year-old admitted to a charge of unlawful wounding, that she met her victim on Tinder before she launched into her attack on 30 September.
I support her. Numales should be disposed of once they served their purpose of fleshy dildos.
the more women are in control of their pussy, the more they are demanding and the more men are back to being puppies trying to please, which is the natural situaiton in the first place
>>
>>140962

Is that the kind of person you want taking care of you in your time of need? A druggie?
>>
>>140892
No the people defending Turner and her are the same people
>>
Drug addicted degenerate uses tinder and wants to be a doctor?
>>
she shouldn't be allowed near a patient
>>
>>140706
She's a cute. 10/10 would get stabbed by
>tfw no femdom waifu

>>140892
A lot of them are probably
>>140979
This is also true. But feminists were criticizing Brock Turner while at the same time feminists demand that female criminals are treated more leniently than men. Idk about this case, but feminists have defended female murderers before and in general don't think women should be punished for their crimes.

>>140859
> Blacks don't receive harsher penalties
that is objectively false you idiot. We have actual research on this, go read some.

>It's very lazy thinking to read the actual studies and look at the actual statistics instead of just listening to the idiots on /pol/
No, I'm pretty sure spewing retarded garbage you heard on /pol/ instead of actually learning about the topic is lazy.

>a mass murderer who killed 9 people in cold blood got the death penalty after representing himself, so this disproves the mounds of evidence that black people are more likely to be falsely convicted, get profiled by police, and receive longer sentences for the same crime
You're not very bright, are you?
>>
>>141328
>She's a cute
She has serious man face syndrome. You homo.
>>
Neither a white/pussy pass but a Oxford Pass. See >>140941
>>
>>140972
Spoken like someone who's never seen the inside of a med school. Med students work hard and party harder, and no one minds as long as they're sober at work. Cases like this are quite uncommon.
>>
>>141324
You're not addicted only because you took some drug.
>>
>>140952
so did jodie arias but they don't give to the sentence you ask for
>>
This bitch is crazy as a motherfucker and should serve time for attacking someone like ANYBODY else would. Jesus, who fucking cares if she "might" become a health professional. theres plenty of those that wont try to come at you with a fucking knife after being on baths salts or some shit. Fuck that cuck judge.
>>
>>141328
>We have actual research
No you dont. You just ASSUME the justice system is racist because that's what the media told you.

Fuckin retarded ass feminist cuck HURR I WISH A GIRL EOULD STAB ME LOL

KYS
>>
>>140837
This isn't about being white dumbass, there is a lack of female surgeons and women in stem fields so they don't want one of the few women in that field to be locked up because it'll be proof that women doing stem aren't normal people. This is a political move that doesn't have anything to do with race you dumbass.

Also, you must be a nigger or spic if you think that's white.
>>
>>141369
>No you dont.
yes we do idiot. You just ASSUME the justice system isn't racist because that's what idiots on /pol/ told you, and you're too retarded to realize how retarded the /pol/tards are.
>Fuckin retarded ass feminist cuck HURR I WISH A GIRL EOULD STAB ME LOL
wow anon, you certainly sound like a reasonable person making a solid point

>>141403
>This isn't about being white dumbass
It's impossible to tell in an individual case. Statistically speaking, it is likely about her being white and female, as well as attractive
>Also, you must be a nigger or spic if you think that's white.
>Be white supremacist, be retarded
You're right, how could I ever think that this:
http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/78/590x/secondary/Oxford-stabbing-937020.jpg
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/nintchdbpict000324138926.jpg
is a white girl?
>>
>>141622
>yes we do
That's why you didn't post shit right

Because there is no hard data showing disproportionate sentencing. You just see blacks getting in trouble, and your feelings get hurt.
>>
>>141647
http://people.terry.uga.edu/mustard/sentencing.pdf

and there are many other studies you idiot. Why don't you grow the fuck up, stop shit-posting on /pol/ about "dindus", and go learn a thing or two about the real world.
>>
>>141708
That study does not support your claims. Blacks and Hispanics commit crimes which are ranked 4 levels of offense higher then whites and blacks in particular have a .5 higher average of previous criminal history. Looking into the later tables will clearly show that the more heinous crimes are committed by these two groups at a higher prevalence then whites, explaining the discrepancies.
>>
>>141721
Ok...What about my feelings?
>>
>>141352
>Spoken like someone who's never seen the inside of a med school. Med students work hard and party harder

I don't know what fucking shit tier medical school you went to/visited, but I have never literally heard of this from any respectable hard working med student. Everyone I know says med school is work, work, work with a side of work.
>>
>>141365
>On May 21, 2013, Arias offered an allocution, during which she pleaded for a life sentence. Arias acknowledged that her plea for life was a reversal of remarks she made to a TV reporter shortly after her conviction, when she said she preferred the death penalty.
>>
>>140837
>>she looks arebic,yes she does look swidish
Fuck my sides
>>
>>141734
And how do you think they blow off all that steam? Hell, how do you think they get all that stamina to work? This isn't a new problem, and there are dozens of studies to prove it:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/778843

I don't agree with med student drug use for recreation or study, and it's definitely a hazard for both the user and their patients. But let's not pretend it's such an exceptional sin. I don't think this would have even made local news if she hadn't drawn that knife.
>>
>>140706
one rule for them, another for everyone else
>>
>>141721
>that study, which controlled for factors such as offense level and previous criminal history, does not support your claim because it didn't account for factors such as offense level and previous criminal history
Are all neo-Nazis this retarded or is it just the ones on 4chan that are functionally illiterate?
>>
>>141775
Shut up liberal idiot. How fucking old are you that you still think the justice system is racist?
>>
>>141788
>141788
>14
>88
wow what a surprise
>How fucking old are you that you rely on well-researched empirical evidence instead of the unsupported rantings of a /pol/tard?
oh anon, some day you're going to grow up and look back on this, and realize what an idiot you were
>>
>>141775
I am sorry I only skimmed the figures of a 25 page report, but the early figures clearly show that blacks and hispanics have a higher prevalence of past criminal history and commit more heinous crimes as outlined by the justice department. I did not see any mention of them only looking into crimes committed at a certain level when drilling into the disparities, which would be essential to prove this is due to ethnicity. If you have it that would be great.

Also nice assumption that someone who is critical of your data is a nazi. Really going to go far with that attitude.
>>
>>141797
you just act like the facts support your ideology, but they don't.

Typical liberal "argument."
>>
This story is disgusting.
Literally admitting that if she were poor she would have been treated more harshly.
She should be jailed. She STABBED someone.
>>
Also sends out a dangerous message to others who will think they are above the law because of career/status.
>>
>>141848
You also didn't say "I've never done any research on this and have no clue what I'm talking about." Instead, you said "there's definitely no racism in our justice system and blacks aren't treated any worse than whites," which one would assume means that you've actually done at least casual research on this topic. Or if nothing else, read the fucking study that I posted before you claimed to know what the study said, when even reading the abstract would show what an idiot you are.
>also nice assumption that somebody who blatantly ignores mountains of evidence to support his racist views is a neo-Nazi
am I wrong?

>>141860
>you just act like well-researched studies and empirical evidence is more important than the unsupported rantings of a /pol/tard, but they aren't
well anon, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't think I can convince you that reals>feels, and you won't convince me that your feels>reals
>>
...she could stab me if she wanted to

;D
>>
>>142226
You are confusing anons. I was only responding to the study and nothing more. Sorry if it is hard to keep up when there are no ideas and people drop in and out. Second I did read the tables in order to interpret the primary data, though the legends leave a lot to be desired for explanations. Third, abstracts are really shitty sources for information and easily open to interpretation compared to the actual data in the results section. Fourth, you never refuted or even attempted to explain table 5 which is the biggest flaw undermining the results of the study.

>am I wrong?
Yes. I have said nothing racist and have only been critical of your chosen source because I feel it does not properly show the discrepancies and systemic racism that you claim it does. If you wish to prove that it does, please respond with a post addressing the concerns I outlined previously.
>>
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-39999312

>"To prevent this extraordinary, able young lady from following her long-held desire to enter the profession she wishes to, would be a sentence which would be too severe," he said at a hearing on 12 May.
>But the university said the suggestion Woodward would return to her studies was "the judge's not the college's".
>A spokesperson said there was "no guarantee" Woodward would be allowed back.
>The BBC understands the medical student had previously been warned about her drug use and told she could be expelled if it continued.

The university at least looks like they won't accept her back.
>>
judge: "dw guys she was just practicing. everythings all good, she just missed and hit his leg"
>>
>>140764
The complete opposite is true, it's a known fact that surgeons rank very highly on the pschiopathic scale which is precisely why they can perform so well under stress and not have clouded thinking dealing with an others life, empathy makes people beyond useless in surgery situations as emotions cloud judgement and put the victim at serious risk. It's the same with many high risk lines of work.
>>
>>140706
The uk doesn't have justice anymore as everything has been politicized thus muslims get away with everything, white educated women get away with everything but making a un PC tweet gets you 5 years.
>>
>>140792

He didn't rape anybody. Nice try, though.
>>
>>140706
is this what's called the pussy pass?

And women still have the nerve to say they are "oppressed".
>>
>>141328
negros commit more heinous crimes more often. There is no proof that the justice system is "racist".

Stop making excuses for "black failure".
>>
>>140837
There's no such thing as white privilege.
>>
>>141708
Negros commit more crimes in conjunction with others. There is no study including the one you posted that proves your nonsense.
>>
>>141775
>neo-nazis
Thats the general insult left wing queens use when their arguments are debunked.
>>
>>140792
It wasn't rape. She got drunk and he finger banged her.
>>
>>140783
shit skins get so triggered when it comes to white people. Must be the race envy.
>>
>>140792
>Two wrongs don't make a right
>Cultural Marxism is cancer
>>
>>140706
What an absolute imbecile.

Not only should she be thrown in prison, but the """"""judiciary""""" should lose his career.

What is going on with this looney world?
>>
>>143189
which work for someone like that?
>>
>>141352 not that anon but
so let me get thia straight, do you or do you not think th is xriminal,should be thrown jail and that any failure to do so would be a failure of the justice system just like Brock? If not, yo are likely one of those psycho surgeons yourself or a hypocritical feminist.
>>
>>141872
fucking this! I don't give a shit if she becomes the top surgeon in the world; she is a criminal and should be treated like one. If she wins this case, and feminist say nothing after their Brock Turner shit storm, it is proof feminism is cancer and gull of shit.
>>
>>143189
look I don't shit youre likely one of those psychotic surgeons. whenever these psychos are caught in their bouts of psychopathy, they should be locked for the good of society no? If,ahe,was high function in psychopath and not a threat, then thrwtis would not have happend now would it?
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.