[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Carolina GOP lawmakers pass budget that strips education

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: f003f5fa6b724b26-717x512.jpg (35KB, 717x512px) Image search: [Google]
f003f5fa6b724b26-717x512.jpg
35KB, 717x512px
Apparently frustrated by Democrats who kept offering late-night amendments to a state budget deal, North Carolina GOP state senators passed a bill that reportedly will take education money from districts represented by Democrats in order to fund opioid treatments.

>The measure passed at 3am ET Friday. According to the Raleigh News & Observer, the $1 million in funding that will pay for pilot programs to fight the opioid epidemic will come from a number of Democratic counties, including more than $316,000 from Sen. Erica Smith-Ingram’s rural constituents that previously paid for a pair of early college high schools. The funding that helped a summer science, math, and technology program called Eastern North Carolina STEM also was stripped away.

>Many of the recipients of that STEM funding are African-American and from low-income areas, according to the newspaper.

>“I don’t know what motivated the amendment, but it will have a devastating effect on an area that is already suffering,” Smith-Ingram told the newspaper. “… The future of children should not be caught up in a political disagreement between members.”

>>Other items cut in the late-night amendment include $200,000 to bring fresh produce to food deserts, $250,000 to fund additional staff for the N.C. Museum of Art’s recently expanded art park, and $550,000 for a downtown revitalization program. The only remaining funding for the downtown program is directed to Robeson County, which has a Republican senator.

>>The amendment also takes a swipe at Gov. Roy Cooper by eliminating a position in his office for a federal legislative programs coordinator.

>The budget now will move on to the state House of Representatives.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/north-carolina-gop-strips-funds-democratic-districts/
>>
once again we have an open display of total incompetence from lawmakers from both parties. Total disdain for the well being of average Americans from republicans and the most naive, milktoast response from democrats that would make one swear they're in collusion.
>>
>>140538

For 4000 years people have been telling you not to trust politicians. Not their fault no one listens.
>>
I heard the NC guy was so butthurt that he lost that he took some extreme steps to lessen the Democrats' power. But of course nobody talked about that because it was state news.

It was dumb because he was bitching nonstop about the election being rigged and everything. Like he was so mindblown that people voted against him after all the stupid things he said.
>>
>>140533
While I think the government went about the cuts the wrong way, I think it's sad that so many people have to rely on government social programs like those.
>>
>>140533
Yet another escalation in the civil cold war in the US.
>>
>>140538
>spelling pronunciation of milquetoast makes more sense than the correct spelling
Fuck the English language
>>
>>140642
Right? Fucm all those STEM majors and their goddamn pussy liberal handouts! Why can't they just get a REAL job - oh, wait.
>>
>>140642
And fucking food aid, I mean, come on! It's like these stupid fucking poor people don't know how to boil leather for nutrition! I mean, leather takes care of almost ALL the required amino acids! Oh, wait. Maybe they don't know about amino acids, because their STEM money is being cut, lol
>>
>>140533
How is this legal?
Why didn't we listen to Washington
>>
>states know better than Washington on how to do right by the people

serious_doubt.jpeg.
>>
>>141765
Many states have to be dragged kicking and screaming to tractably get shit done.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.