[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More Americans want 'independent' investigation of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1493973781480-a.jpg (11KB, 251x239px) Image search: [Google]
1493973781480-a.jpg
11KB, 251x239px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-poll-idUSKCN18B2LN

A majority of Americans, including a growing number of Republicans, want to see an "independent investigation" sort out any connections between Russia and President Donald Trump during the 2016 election campaign, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Monday.

The May 10-14 poll, which was conducted after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, suggests the public is increasingly uneasy with allegations of meddling by the Russians in the U.S. election. Trump's dismissal of Comey, who was leading the Federal Bureau of Investigation's probe into ties between the White House and Russia, intensified calls by Democrats for an independent probe.

According to the poll, 59 percent of adults, including 41 percent of Republicans and 79 percent of Democrats, agreed that "Congress should launch an independent investigation into communications between the Russian government and the Trump campaign during the 2016 election."
>>
"I really don't know what to believe anymore," said John Kremer, 74, a Trump supporter from Birmingham, Alabama, who wants an independent investigation. Kremer does not think Trump had any illegal contact with the Russians, but he does not like the way the president is handling he issue.

"If Comey hadn't been fired, I would have been comfortable with the results of their investigation," Kremer said. "My concern now is whether he (Trump) is trying to minimize the investigation."

The Reuters/Ipsos poll also found that public confidence in the executive branch and in Congress has eroded since the Nov. 8 election. Thirty-six percent of Americans said they had "hardly any confidence at all" in the executive branch and 43 percent said they felt that way about Congress. That is up from 30 percent and 37 percent, respectively, who answered that way in a November poll.

When asked who should replace Comey, 48 percent wanted an FBI outsider with "credible" experience in law or law enforcement. Thirty-seven percent said they wanted "someone from within the FBI" while 5 percent wanted an FBI outsider who is "close to the Trump administration."

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online in English in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. It included responses from 1,541 adults, including 515 Republicans and 686 Democrats. The poll has a credibility interval, a measure of accuracy, of 3 percentage points for the entire group, 5 percentage points for Republicans and 4 percentage points for Democrats.
>>
All this BEFORE the meeting with the Russians.
>>
There's a very solid chance he could've come clean from the Russian investigation and he absolutely mucked any notion that it was a clean investigation by firing Comey.
>>
What's the point of polls anymore? Trump's just going to call them fake and say everyone's paid off Clinton supporters because he cannot shut up about the election.

Just get the damn impeachment process started already.
>>
>>140315
Lol if history has shown us, alot of them actually are bullshit
>>
>>140318
a lot*
>>
>>140315
>Just get the damn impeachment process started already.
Need actual evidence for such a thing.
>>
>>140329
Anonymous sources count for something despite all the Trump team damage control attempts.
>>
>>140332
>Anonymous sources count for something despite all the Trump team damage control attempts.
Saying something doesn't make it so.

"The person I am replying to is a well rounded individual who doesn't engage in unhealthy conspiracy theories about Russia".
See? Doesn't make it true simply because I said it.

Also, Seth Rich called, he wants credit for leaking the emails back.
>>
>"I really don't know what to believe anymore"
That just about sums up the state of American politics these days.
>>
Honestly, who needs anonymous sources, when Trump will just come out the next day and admit he did it with some lame argument about why people shouldn't be mad (that always misses the point entirely). If you ever feel frustrated in an argument telling you to believe the politicians over the news, just wait a day or two for Trump to open his fat mouth and admit the white house was lying, and it's even worse than the anonymous sources said it was.
>>
>>140338
>Honestly, who needs anonymous sources, when the media treats opinions as facts
FTFY
>>
Boys and girls buckle up; this is going to be one hell of a ride.
>>
>>140341
>when conservatives treat facts as opinions
more like
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.