[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feminist protesters try to shut down screening of men's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Actual quote from The Red Pill.png (468KB, 1105x663px) Image search: [Google]
Actual quote from The Red Pill.png
468KB, 1105x663px
http://honisoit.com/2017/05/protesters-clash-one-arrested-outside-the-red-pill-screening/

Happened near the University of Sydney

>Protesters clash, one arrested, outside The Red Pill screening
>The societies independently organised and funded the event after the USU withdrew support. Additional reporting by Bianca Farmakis
>Police have arrested one person at a protest outside an on-campus screening of The Red Pill, a documentary about the Men’s Rights Activist (MRA) movement which has been banned in various cinemas around the world.
>University of Sydney Union (USU) clubs BROSoc, Students for Liberty and the Conservative Club organised the event, though the USU withdrew funding and resources from the film following complaints from other students.
>The Board said, “We believe that there is the distinct possibility that the planned screening of this documentary would be discriminatory against women, and has the capacity to intimidate and physically threaten women on campus”.
>Student political group Fascist Free USyd organised the protest, which attracted over 50 students.
>University of Sydney Students’ Representative Council (SRC) Wom*n’s Officer, Katie Thorburn, told Honi, “If BroSoc, the Libertarian Club and the Conservatives were so interested in feminism, and they’re willing to put so much money behind those A3 posters and stickers that they put up around campus and in women’s bathrooms, why have they never approached the Wom*n’s Collective to help with the sexual assault campaign?”
That's not a joke, they actually call it the "Wom*n's Officer" and "Wom*n's Collective"
>“I find it interesting that the University says they have a zero-tolerance approach to sexual assault and yet are supporting pro-rape ideology by housing the screening in a lecture hall.”
>>
>>139066
>Protesters chanted, “Not MRAs and not the state, women will decide our fate,” and “racist, sexist, anti-queer, bigots are not welcome here”.
>Multiple physical scuffs broke out between the protesters and organisers and supporters of the event.
>Around 20 police were present, and Honi overheard one saying that the riot police were also on campus.
>Once viewers were inside the lecture theatre where the film is being screened, one organiser, Renee Gorman, addressed them and said, “According to USU this film threatens violence to women … I don’t know about you girls but I put my big girl panties for this one”.
>She also called the protesters “a bunch of crazies”
>>
>>139067
Another article:
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/what-happened-at-the-sydney-university-red-pill-protest/8518794

>One month after Sydney University's student union (USU) pulled funding from the screening of the Red Pill, the movie night went ahead on campus, with protesters clashing with supporters.
>The Red Pill is a documentary following a woman who identifies as a feminist and then renounces the title after learning about the struggles men face in America. It promotes the idea that men's issues go overlooked because when men complain they are shut down by 'feminists'. It's very popular with Men's Rights Activists (MRAs)
>The screening was organised by the Conservative Club, Students for Liberty, and the Brotherhood Recreation and Outdoor Society (BROSOc) - small clubs with about 70 members between them. It had been planned for May 4, but USU pulled funding after complaints it breached a regulation that funds may not be used for activities that discriminate or harass on the basis of sex.
>Until then, the screening hadn't had much publicity. There are about 60,000 students at Sydney University and about 40 had responded to the Facebook event.
>The USU's decision to pull funds made headlines.
>It was the first time in at least five years the union had defunded an event of one of its clubs on the ground it discriminated or harassed
>Tonight at Sydney University, about 50-60 protesters held banners and chanted outside the lecture hall where the film was being screened. About 60-70 people attended the screening.
>Police twice broke up scuffles between the groups before the screening.
>>
>the protest, which attracted over 50 students

Just what we need. More non-stories about university identity politics.
>>
Do they realize how hypocritical they are and just don't care?? I don't want to believe they can't see how their logic has wrapped around on itself.
>>
>>139074
>Do they realize how hypocritical they are and just don't care??
Mate, nobody cares.
>>
>>139074
A key theme of the movie is that feminists keep trying to shut down any discussion of men's issues, and that feminists keep lying about Mras. And feminists respond by repeatedly protesting to shut down a movie about men's rights and by lying about it

I saw the film, it's available on Hulu, Youtube, Vudu, Google Play etc. There's nothing at all mysoginistic in there and the only people supporting domestic violence was the feminist in the OP picture saying that men aren't victims of DV
>>
>>139171
Thx for cyber-raping me, MRA pig.
>>
>>139070
inb4 some right wing talking head misrepresents those 50 students.as "the left".
>>
>>139233
>inb4 some right wing talking head misrepresents those 50 students.as "the left".

Yeah, they were clearly far right.
>>
>>139070
You're right, why can't we just stick to the important stories about men masturbating in Portland or Trump eating ice cream

>>139074
being hypocritical = hypocrisy + penis
therefore women can't be hypocrites because they lack patriarchal privilege shitlord
>>
>>139233
They are 100% leftist

Instructed by leftists. Acting with leftist politicians support.

You just can't accept what your party has become. Psychotic marxists roleplaying the civil rights movement (which they were on the wrong side of LOL)

it's gone bonkers
>>
>>139491
More democrats voted for the civil rights act than did republicans, and it was signed by a democratic president.
>>
>>139491
>(which they were on the wrong side of LOL)
/pol/ plz go. The side supporting the Civil Rights Act was the right side. The neo-Nazis like you who were spraying them with fire hoses were the wrong side.

All that aside: Right now, feminists are definitely on the wrong side of the gender rights movement. Of course most conservatives are too, and both Dems and GOP are anti-equality just from different sides. I do think that in the next decade, the left will become even more anti-equality while the conservatives will gradually warm up to egalitarian views.
I have noticed that at campus screenings it's a lot of conservative groups hosting the OP film, whereas in the past MRAs were mostly liberal. It's going to be interesting in the next few years as the Left tries to keep billing themselves as the civil rights side but also keeps refusing to admit that men's issues matter
>>
>>139528
>>139530
>stop stating historical facts I DON'T LIEK

cucked history revisionists
>>
>>139066
>>Protesters clash, one arrested, outside The Red Pill screening
Without condoning the actions of the protesters. How stupid do you have to be to give the film that name?
>>
>>139571
>the left was on the wrong side of the Civil Rights Act
>Historical fact
look, technically the "wrong side" is a matter of opinion so neither of us can be factually correct, but I think most people outside of /pol/ would agree that the Civil Rights Act was a good thing, and that the left was correct in supporting it.
If you want to keep claiming that you were on the "right" side of history because you thought the darkies shouldn't be allowed to vote or get an education or ride the bus or go to restaurants, go ahead, but that's your shitty neo-Nazi opinion not a historical "fact"

>>139621
How is the name stupid? It's literally about a feminist being red-pilled on feminism and men's issues. When she started, she believed MRAs were misogynists and that feminism was all about equality. By the end of the movie she's sympathetic to MRAs and stopped calling herself a feminist. She even includes video diaries of herself throughout the making of the movie so you can follow her along as she gets red pilled
>>
>>139629
>the left was correct in supporting it.
They didn't support it as much as Republicans did.

>the Civil Rights Act of 1964
>The percentage of House Democrats who supported the legislation? 61 percent.
>House Republicans? 80 percent.
>In the Senate, 69 percent of Democrats voted yes,
>compared with 82 percent of Republicans.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/420321/democratic-party-racist-history-mona-charen

Of course, this makes perfect sense considering the republican party formed to free the slaves. Democrats only stopped being racists when it stopped benefitting them politically.

After the civil rights act made everyone equal, the Democrats immiediately begin demonizing whites. Demonstrating that they never understood why racism was a bad thing.

FUCK YOU for trying to rewrite history.
>>
>>139271
>>139491
Congratulations you are part of the problem
>>
>>139633
I don't think he is trying to rewrite history. Modern day left flks would be supportive and modern day rights would now. Stereotypicallyspeaking.
Also fuck you for pretending old party politics are relevant. An fuck the other poster two.
>>
>>139642
>Modern day left flks would be supportive and modern day rights would now
Really

Like men's rights? There are numerous inequalities here.
How about white people's rights? Every other group has advocacy.
Fetus rights? No. All these sound laughable to the modern day leftist.

How about privacy rights? Freedom of speech? HAHA no, the left is not supportive of modern day rights.
>>
>>139650
I was literally just talking about old school civil rights you mouth breather. Think before you post.
>>
>>139653
( ͝סּ ͜ʖ͡סּ)
>>
Leslie Knope put it best when she said "Men's rights is nothing."
>>
>>139633
>liberal progressive leftists opposed the Civil Rights Act and southern white conservatives supported it
>liberal progressive leftists were the slaveowners and southern white conservatives freed the slaves
>political realignment has never happened and the Democratic Party 150 years ago was the socially liberal party
oh, I see: You're retarded.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.