[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tunnel accident at Hanford Nuclear Site in WA causes evacuation,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: hanfordsitesign[1].jpg (73KB, 700x405px) Image search: [Google]
hanfordsitesign[1].jpg
73KB, 700x405px
http://www.king5.com/news/local/hanford/tunnel-collapses-at-hanford-no-radiation-released-officials-say/438227872

http://www.businessinsider.com/hanford-nuclear-site-tunnel-collapse-2017-5

http://www.khq.com/story/35382546/live-update-hanford-employees-told-to-take-cover-for-fear-of-radioactive-particles

>Hundreds of workers were told to take cover at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation after a tunnel full of highly contaminated materials collapsed Tuesday morning. But officials say no radiation was released and no workers were hurt.

>Officials say a collapsed patch of ground above the tunnel was larger than first believed. The U.S. Department of Energy said the collapse covered about 400 square feet (37.1 square meters) instead of the 16 square feet (1.4 square meters) first reported.
>>
Its nothing. The media is going to make it something because it happened at the nuclear site.
>>
>>138190
the media is going to make it something because it highlights the lack of funding our nation's crumbling infrastructure receives. The tunnel ceiling failed due to lack of maintenance.
>>
>>138196
That is why they are acting like its Chernobyl 2: FREEDOM edition?

the media doesn't care about infrastructure.
>>
A 25-year old cleaned and abandoned nuclear processing plant suffers collapse.

The contaminated materials were the old railcars, which are now under the same amount of broken concrete and dirt. The workers, who were above ground, noticed it and called it in. Procedure called for cover (going indoors) until an all-clear was made.
>>
>>138320
I wonder why the concrete failed.
>>
>>138320
>A 25-year old cleaned and abandoned nuclear processing plant suffers collapse.
>cleaned

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no. It's our biggest clusterfuck superfund site.

>In 2007, the Hanford site represented two-thirds of the nation's high-level radioactive waste by volume.[8] Hanford is currently the most contaminated nuclear site in the United States[9][10] and is the focus of the nation's largest environmental cleanup.[2]
>>
>>138155
Hopefully the condition of that sign in op's pic isn't an indication on how well Hanford is being maintained. *cough*
>>
>>138322
25 years is a long time, even for concrete.
>>
>>138341

Only if it is shit concrete made as cheap as possible. Concrete aqueducts built by the Romans are still literally delivering water in some small towns in Italy.
>>
>>138343
They are built of natural stone and mortar.

Also: "nuclear waste is no problem, we just store it in places that will endure for millennia to come!"
>>
>>138341
lolwut?
That's just not true. Concrete done right in construction should last around 150 yrs. By 2080 (within your childrens lifetime) they will be tearing down the Empire State Building.
>>
>>138343
>Only if it is shit concrete made as cheap as possible.

>>138748
>Concrete done right

hahahaha! This was a government contract job doled out to the lowest bidder. And those contractors knew they would be long gone before any "issues" crept up.
>>
>>138350
you can't ship it by truck, train or plane

We have sites we've spent billions on to store the shit, can't get it there
>>
i poop blood. it hurts, doctors don't know why. i know several other people with the same issue. we all live fairly close to hanford. i wonder if it's related? it doesn't really matter, at this rate i won't survive another year. even another month is questionable. i'm not angry, just curious.
>>
>>139080
This is totally based on nothing but gut instinct but somehow I think if you saw a doctor who lived far away from there, who barely knew what Hanford was, they would give you a very different, more correct diagnosis. 'Bought off' is not the right term but let's just say I suspect the doctors in your area might have been strongly influenced in their ministrations by external forces.
>>
>>139087
when it first happened i went to the er, swedish medical in Kent. The doctor was really rude and she said it was probably just like a womens menstruation. I'm male.. I'm no doctor and not one to speculate on fantastic theories but to be honest I feel like you're probably right. I guess it doesn't really matter. It wasn't a little blood or watered down blood, it was a lot of straight up blood. i always feel weak now, i can't eat solid food and liquids nearly instantly go right through me. it hurts, mostly it's tolerable but there are long periods where it's so bad i end up spending hours on the bathroom floor just trying to wait it out. i never imagined anything could hurt so much, it's a deep draining pain deep in my lower gut, i feel like i'm feverish. the nausea is unreasonably intense but i don't throw up. i kind of spin sometimes like i'm really drunk. i guess it's nice to at least bitch about it on here and imagine that maybe there's a reason for it. i'm done whining though. thanks for listening, anon.
>>
>>139095
sounds legit.
>>
>>139095
Go to the ER dumbass and if you know who the doctor was sue then for criminal negligence and get there medical license revoked.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.