[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assad says Syria chemical weapon attack "100% Fabricated"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 1

File: _95586930_mediaitem95586926[1].jpg (27KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_95586930_mediaitem95586926[1].jpg
27KB, 624x351px
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39588876

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-assad-idUSKBN17F1NE

>In an exclusive video interview with Agence France-Presse, he said "there was no order to make any attack".

More than 80 people were killed in the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun on 4 April, and hundreds suffered symptoms consistent with a nerve agent.

Witnesses said they saw warplanes attack the town but Russia says a rebel depot of chemical munitions was hit.

>Shocking footage showed victims - many of them children - convulsing and foaming at the mouth.

>Sufferers were taken to hospitals across the border in Turkey, which opposes Mr Assad. Turkey has since said it has "concrete evidence" that the nerve agent Sarin was used.

>Mr Assad told the AFP news agency that the Syrian government had given up its arsenal of chemical weapons in 2013, adding "even if we have them, we wouldn't use them".

>However, the US, the World Health Organization (WHO) and chemical weapons inspectors have all cast doubt on Russia and Syria's claims.

>Mr Assad accused the West of making up the story so it had an excuse to carry out the strikes on a Syrian government airbase, which took place a few days after the Khan Sheikhoun attack.

>"It's stage one, the play [they staged] that we saw on social network and TVs, then propaganda and then stage two, the military attack," he said, questioning the authenticity of the video footage.

>Mr Assad also said that he would only allow what he called an "impartial" investigation into the events at Khan Sheikhoun, to ensure it would not be used for "politicised purposes".

>Russia, Syria's key ally, angered the US, UK and France on Wednesday by vetoing a UN draft resolution that would have required Mr Assad's government to co-operate with an investigation into what happened.
>>
>They fabricated the whole story in order to have a pretext for the attack.

So much for the previous claim that they blew up a rebel chemical weapons factory.
I guess when one lie fails just reach for another.
>>
Related:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/04/13/this-is-how-the-russian-media-covered-the-missile-strikes-in-syria/
>On Tuesday, the White House released an intelligence report accusing Russia of trying to cover up the use of chemical weapons by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad through a global disinformation campaign replete with “false narratives.”

>As a professor of Soviet history with an interest in media studies, I’ve been following Russia’s response to the chemical attack and subsequent U.S. missile strike — the various television and print news stories, tweets and analyses put forth by Russia’s domestic and international media outlets.

>Together, they’re reflective a larger Russian information strategy: Stress a unified message at home but sow discord abroad.

>Inside Russia, all state-run media outlets and many independent ones are emphasizing that the Trump administration has wrongfully (or at least prematurely) condemned Assad for being behind the April 4 attack, has taken military action overseas without congressional or United Nations authorization and has indirectly helped terrorists by damaging an air base essential to fighting the Islamic State.

>Their stories echo positions championed by the Russian government.

>When news of the chemical attack broke, a spokesman for the Defense Ministry posted a YouTube video explaining that the Syrian air force hadn’t dropped chemical bombs on civilians. Rather, it had destroyed a warehouse where militants — unbeknown to the Syrian government — were producing land mines packed with toxic chemicals.

>And after the U.S. missile strike, the Foreign Ministry published a report detailing numerous cases in which (it claims) terrorist groups have deployed chemical weapons and then blamed Assad.

>Meanwhile, Russia’s Kremlin-funded, English-language media, intended for a foreign audience, are echoing these claims, but with a twist.
>>
>>131557
"I dindu nuffin wrong" assad
>>
>'Were the children dead at all?' Assad says Syria chemical attack '100 per cent fabrication'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/13/chemical-weapons-experts-sent-turkey-investigate-alleged-syrian/
>>
>>131561
>>131582

>be fighting civil war for 6 years
>finally start winning
>decide to kill noncombatants for no reason
>meanwhile extremely powerful neocon lobby is creaming their pants, this is of course 10000% unrelated

Are you guys actually retarded or something? How about PROOF Assad did it first?
>>
>>131635
The comments on the story are quite something.
And they all seem to be using this same argument.
>>131637

Really makes you think.
>>
>>131637
>>finally start winning

Doesn't look like it judging by this map:

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/159A6/production/_95468488_syria_control_sheikhoun.png
>>
How do they keep getting away with

>Where are the proofs?
>>
>>131640

I imagine it has something to do with the USA's rather notorious tendency to lie about shit happening, then bombing the shit out of countries, then it turns out something didn't happen/wasn't there after all, but oh well since we bombed you, we might as well run your country now.
>>
>>131641
Like that time in Bosnia that Lavrov was talking about the other day.

Did you see the press conference after he met with Tillerson?
>>
>>131643

>Joint Press Conference 4/12/2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-El3F_1xDz8
>>
>muh military industrial complexx
>>
Maybe that's where Saddam's WMDs ended up :thinking:
>>
>>131643

No, I don't really watch all that much shit about it, it tends to either depress or enrage me, and neither of those do me any good. But yes, Bosnia/Serbia/Balkans is a good example of USA using false claims as reasons for invading a country where they don't belong.

t. Serb
>>
>>131650
>using false claims
Milosevic was a good boy right.
He was just stitched up by the evil USA that continues to run the country?
>>
>>131650
I'm sorry I forgot that in the Russo-sphere old Slobodan was 'exonerated' despite dying before the end of his war crimes trial

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/354362-slobodan-milosevic-exonerated-us-nato/

http://www.stopfake.org/en/milosevic-exonerated-war-crime-deniers-feed-receptive-audience/
>>
>>131653
>>131656

I'm not defending Milosevic. He was a tyrant in the making, much like Vucic is right now, except Vucic happens to have both the endorsement of Russia and the EU/USA, so what the fuck does that tell you about the state of things? Both of them made our country shit.

Also, I am mostly referring to those fake ethnic cleansing operations going on in Kosovo & Metohija against Albanians, that were shown to be complete bullshit. But we'd already been bombed and subjugated, so why waste an opportunity to steal shit from a country that can't fight?

Oh and I'm most certainly not a Russophile. They're just looking out for their interests, whatever those may be, and their non-meaningful support of my country is only to further their own interest, certainly not the people that live here.
>>
>>131641
Bush really fucked things over. Our global political capital since Iraq is shot, and Obama didn't really do shit to help it recover.
>>
>>131653

Oh and let's not pretend like everyone else was squeaky clean and only Serbs did questionable shit.
>>
>>131660
Bush made America strong again after the Clintons screwed things over. America went from being a laughing stock to being respected and feared by the world, and Trump will make us feared again.
>>
>>131661
Let also not pretend that he was innocent as the Kremlin mouthpieces would have you believe.

>>131659
>fake ethnic cleansing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_genocide
>>
>>131660
Unless you mean bombing other countries on the pretext of "muh democracy" is the Democrat way of helping shit recover
Remember, that great man won a Nobel Peace Prize :^)
>>
>>131666

Srebrenica wasn't a genocide. A few thousand men and boys of fighting age put down before they had a chance to move to an arming/resuply point and then point those guns back at the Serbs are casualties of war.

Also, you'll pardon me if I don't give a shit for anything Serbs in Bosnia did against those who attacked them and butchered their own. And I say this as someone who has lived through those times and seen the shit that happened as opposed to little faggots like you who only read wikipedia and western media articles.

Yes, there were dead women and children as well on occasion. That's what happens when you come across a whole village of Serbs, men and women and children, the elderly and the young, killed to the last. A baby in its cradle shot or slaughtered with a knife. It's only human to want to avenge such a thing. And no, I won't apologize for any of it. I didn't do any of that myself, but I can understand why it happened. I don't pretend shit like this happens in a vacuum.
>>
>>131668
>We only killed a few thousand and they deserved it.
I can see why you're sympathetic to Assad.
You go from claims it was fake to admitting, but excusing the killings.
>>
>>131669

Look at my previous post. I was talking about that fake bullshit claims about ethnic cleansing in Kosovo & Metohija. I said nothing about Bosnia. And like I said, that wasn't genocide. If there was genocide, I assure you there'd be more than a few thousand dead.

If anyone was cleansed from Kosovo & Metohija, it was the non-Albanians.
>>
>>131673
> If there was genocide, I assure you there'd be more than a few thousand dead.
Maybe we should have left you to get on with it and you could have done the job properly.
>>
>>131678

Personally, I don't think it's impossible to coexist in the Balkans with each other. The problem is too many people feel and know our lives are essentially shit, so they'll just give about anything for something to change. A lot of politicians like to stir up senseless hatred, put us up against each other while they fatten their pockets with state funds embezzled to their private accounts.
>>
>>131680
>A lot of politicians like to stir up senseless hatred, put us up against each other while they fatten their pockets with state funds embezzled to their private accounts.
Such is life in the Russian sphere of influence I guess. Of course I wouldn't know because I'm just a little faggot who only reads wikipedia and western media articles.
>>
>>131683

No, such is life in Balkans, in general.

This was the case during Tito as well, when Yugoslavia was well out of the Russia sphere of influence.

Not to mention, this happens in Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Greece, Macedonia and Montenegro. You can't really they all fall under Russian influence, when most of them are in NATO and such.

Montenegro is extremely fucked up and corrupt, but the West generally ignores it because they get a way in through the autocrat who has ruled the place for the last 20+ years. Like this NATO entry. You're supposed to have a public referendum/polling to see whether people want it to happen. They're skipping that entirely in Montenegro, because people don't want that to happen. Why would any sane Serb want to join an organization that bombed them?

Oh and let's not even get into how corrupt Europe in general is. It might not manifest in the same ways it blatantly does in the Balkans, but it's there nonetheless.
>>
>>131686
Do you get RT in Serbian?
>>
>>131688

Fuck if I know, I don't really follow that kind of shit.

I try to avoid obviously biased websites when it comes to getting news. RT would definitely qualify as highly biased.
>>
>>131689
>websites
You're missing out if you don't get the TV channel.
>>
>>131690

I avoid TV too. 90% of our local media is compromised in some way or owned by someone in the government, so they kind of tend to bullshit a lot of local stuff in a twisted narrative.

Example: we've been having protests ever since the presidential elections two weeks ago. There turned out to be massive corruption involved, stolen votes, votes being cast by people who either don't exist or have been dead for decades now. Media says only a few hundred or only a few thousand people pop up for those, when the actual numbers rose up to 30 000 on one particular night and up to 80 000 on a different day. For the 30k one, they actually turned off street lighting, so people lead the protest with flashlights and phone flashlights. Even the foreign media barely reports on this, Reuters said it was only a few hundred. I think only some obscure Netherlands news network said it was more than 10 000.
>>
>>131691
I don't think the rest of the world thought it was a front page story.
From the few pictures in this article (which doesn't give a size of the protest) it looks like it could easily be a few thousand on the day they were taken.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39556682

Vucic seems like a real charmer. I can see why some people would be upset that he seems like the only choice.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39474145

If you want to see your country improve you have to get involved. You need an effective opposition party if those protesters are going to vote for someone else next election. They needn't be the perfect opposition but if they can get enough votes to come close that's enough to focus the mind of the ruling party.
Whether they focus on deliver good policy or tightening their grip on power is hard to know, but if you try to join the EU they won't let you be a one party state for very long.
That Vucic is pro-EU would give me optimism. They won't want you to end up in a mess like Greece.
The EU may be slow and bureaucratic but they like peace and the rule of law more than anything else.
>>
>>131639
Assad currently holds about 70+% of the population and economy, go look at a population density map. He may never win though, things are moving slowly.

Keep in mind the only people who have confirmed its sarin gas is the Trump white house. No intelligence agencies have released reports confirming it. A turkish doctor said their were nerve agent like symptoms, but that doesnt rule out crude chlorine bombs like before.

No journalists in Syria.
>>
>>131735
> He may never win though, things are moving slowly.
He's not winning then.

>A turkish doctor said their were nerve agent like symptoms, but that doesnt rule out crude chlorine bombs like before
I think the symptoms of chlorine and nerve agent are quite different. I'm not a doctor but the chemistry and method of action are not even close to the same.
>>
>>131735
There are journlaists in Syria. 211 have been killed so far since the conflict began. I watched a PBS entire documentary with an hour of footage just a few days ago.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/investigation/syria-at-war/

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/how-fear-fuels-support-for-assad-in-syria/

>Keep in mind the only people who have confirmed its sarin gas is the Trump white house
Uhm, no. More Russian/Syrian/Iranian propaganda
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39564437
>Syria 'chemical attack': Turkey says tests confirm Sarin was used

>Turkey says it has "concrete evidence" the nerve agent Sarin was used in a suspected attack by Syrian government forces a week ago, state media report.

>Health Minister Recep Akdag was quoted by the Anadolu news agency as saying traces of one of the decomposition products of Sarin had been detected in the blood and urine of several victims.
>>
>>131742
>There are journlaists in Syria.

there arent. nly in places controled by Syrian goverement. Al Nursa and Isis baned and then executed them.

Ok mother fucking mods,. i was just forced to klick 20 fucking times into the fucking captcha. Do change the shit for something what people can use you fucks.
>>
>>131761
In the footage included in the links the journalists are clearly embedded with the rebels. You can tell it isn't staged battled the rebels are fighting in the video, it's urban warfare, you can't fake that.
>>
>>131761
Moot jewed us

It was supposed to be temporary
>>
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/06/the-dead-were-wherever-you-looked-inside-syrian-town-after-chemical-attack
>>
>>131662
people laughed more than ever at america when bush was president
>>
>>131910
This is a forced meme pasta people, ignore it.
>>
>>131911
We are. You ignore it.
>>
CIA did it, and they have been doing it for a long time.
>>
>>131777

>Witnesses said the air raids began shortly after 6.30am on Tuesday, with four bombings around the town. Initially they thought it was just another airstrike, until the first responders who arrived at the scene began falling to the ground.

>Khutainy said: “They told us ‘HQ, we are losing control’. We had no idea what they were trying to say. Then they said, ‘come save us, we can no longer walk’. So the second and third teams went with just face masks. We could smell it from 500 metres away.”
>>
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/12/politics/us-intelligence-syrian-chemical-weapons/index.html?adkey=bn
It would be nice to actually hear it with my own ears.
>>
>>131662
Is this a joke?
>>
>>131708

We did have opposition. The problem is there was roughly 800 000 stolen votes and just general rigging with the votes. In a country where that's more than 10% of the population, you can see how this fucks up elections.

>That Vucic is pro-EU would give me optimism.

He's not. He's pro-embezzlement. Look at how he's been acting for the past few years. He balances an act between appeasing the EU, but effectively doing nothing, and Russia at the same time, because that gives him the most opportunity for taking money for himself.

He and his buddies sold a piece of our capital to Arabs. Not leased or rented, but sold. That literally goes against our laws. So what did they do? They met at 3AM and changed the law.

EU doesn't give a shit about Serbia. Not really. So long as we have someone on top who listens to them, they don't care about the corruption or shitty life standards.
>>
>>131662
Chimp in Chief (Bush) was an international laughing stock
>>
>>131965
>He's not. He's pro-embezzlement.
Well the EU are generally not.
So he will come unstuck eventually if you join.
You realise that join places him under the jurisdiction of EU law.
This was one of the reasons given for the UK leaving.

>EU doesn't give a shit about Serbia.
I expect he will use this sentiment against you.
Play the EU and Russia against each other to get the best deal for himself.
Then offer you a referendum on joining and let your distrust for them reject it, leaving things open with Russia who would reject you (maybe start a civil war) if you chose the EU.
At least you don't suffer a border with Russia so they can't send little green men to organise a referendum of their own.
>>
>Russia claims there is 'growing evidence' that Syria sarin gas attack was staged as they blast weapons watchdog for not sending experts to the site

>Russia on Wednesday vetoed a Western-backed UN resolution demanding that the Syrian government cooperate with an investigation into the alleged attack, blocking Security Council action against Moscow's ally for the eighth time

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4412376/Russia-claims-growing-evidence-gas-attack-fake.html
>>
>>132164
much better version of the story
>>132027
>>
>>132164
Ghadafi, Saddam, Assad...

CIA has been training rebels and arming them, as well as ISIS, for years now. Of course they would do this right before a major peace talk.

Gotta get the pipeline from Suadi Arabia built so they can fuck over Russians control of oil exports to the EU.
>>
>>132165
You want to keep Europe under energy Russia control?
>>
>>132191
meant for
>132166
>>
>>131662
>bush made 9/11

yes. yes he did. suck it contard.
>>
>>132161

The EU fully expects us to recognize the illegal secession of Kosovo & Metohija as legal.

Literally will never happen.
>>
>>132576
>illegal secession
Careful there Vlad, the only one calling it illegal at the time was Slobodan the war criminal.
>>
>>132164
why do people keep posting dailymail like its a legitimate news source
>>
>>132639
I blame Piers Morgan...
>>
>>131557
USA shot missiles at 100th World War 1 anniversary of entering. Gee wizz, I wonder who could be behind the attack.
>>
>>133234
It's always the anniversary of something, though.
>>
>>131660
it's been going on for a lot longer than Bush. Let's not forget that the DoD wanted to kill US citizens in false-flag attacks to provide a convenient casus belli for a war with Cuba.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods
>>
>>134049
But they never did that though, and also those people who thought of doing those things are all dead and out of power. After Bush's CIA rendition debacles and The Patriot Act the rules are all changed.
>>
>>134055
>But they never did that though
doesn't the fact that they seriously considered it worry you? These double-niggers wanted blood without a just cause, and they were more than willing to kill innocents and throw Americans into a war that they had invented for their own political gain.

>also those people who thought of doing those things are all dead and out of power. After Bush's CIA rendition debacles and The Patriot Act the rules are all changed.
by the time the GWOT rolled around, the DoD and CIA had already been up to spooky shit across the world throughout the entirety of the Cold War. I personally find it very hard to believe that some of the old brass dying off or some Bush-era "reforms" changed anything. The WMD debacle alone should have proved that the intelligence community is either embarrassingly incompetent or working towards its own goals while maliciously disregarding the best interests of the taxpayers who fund them. I lean towards the latter option as Iraq and the GWOT have been a wet dream for the Pentagon and its affiliates.
>>
>>131637
>be assad
>afaraid to be exchanged for Ukraine in the Putin Trump deal
>pull this shit up, if you get hit drug Russia to defend you and disrupt the deal, if you don't that's ok as well, now you can use them chemical weapons
>works as planned
>>
>>131638
>using the same argument
That's because they are russian students making a quick 15 rubles to larp as westerners so they can survive the winter. Don't be mad.
>>
>>134061
>doesn't the fact that they seriously considered it worry you?
Not really, the men of today aren't the men of yesterday. They lack spines.

Bush Sr. was CIA chief from 76-77, he got to clean up the mess from the era you are referring to. Carter reformed the CIA in 77 after Kennedy had hearings in the Senate about MKUltra.

The one total agreement I have with your depiction is that the DIA/NRO/NSA (you call them the DoD) is the real bad actor in the bunch and might possibly still be engaging in some of the questionable war planning type stuff you were talking about.
>>
>>131666
Wikipedia is devil's word anyway.
>>
>>131742

Turkey is your other source? rofl they would love nothing more than to straight up invade Syria and take the north for a greater Turkey
>>
rebels shelled some dozen of civilians with some homemade chlorine (no doubt in junction with CIA) blamed on Assad nearby airstrike. Us used this for a false flag attack shooting like 50 (half missing) million dollar missiles into airfield runway. Because Assad is the kind of guy who will use homemade chlorine gas in 1 out of like a 100 bombs on random civilians for strategical purposes. The potatoes add up.
>>
>>131582
>"I dindu nuffin wrong" assad

FakeNews

t. Hillary... I mean Trump.
>>
>>131637
>Are you guys actually retarded or something?

Indeed, this isn't even Gulf of Tonkin tier.

>How about PROOF Assad did it first?

Sure, they'll provide proof, just like all the hard proof we've been giving for Russian hacking of the election (that they're now recycling for the French election...)
>>
>>135313
NATO version:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/26/europe/france-syria-chemical-weapons/

Russia version:
http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/french-proof-assad-used-sarin-khan-sheikhoun-turns-out-be-complete-bs/ri19691
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.