[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOP congressman says Spicer 'needs to go' after Hitler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 0

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/12/politics/sean-spicer-mike-coffman-town-hall/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+CNN+-+Top+Stories%29

>White House press secretary Sean Spicer "needs to go" in the fallout of his comments about Adolf Hitler, Rep. Mike Coffman of Colorado said Wednesday night. In doing so, Coffman appeared to become the first Republican member of Congress to publicly call for Spicer's ouster.

>Coffman, a moderate representing a swing district in and around Aurora, was asked at a town hall about Spicer's remarks this week that even Hitler didn't "sink to using chemical weapons" during the Holocaust. He made the remarks while discussing Syria's Bashar al-Assad and a recent chemical attack that killed dozens in the country.

>The pointed question to Coffman came from a woman who said her great-grandparents died in Auschwitz.

>"What is your thoughts at this time of a president who has anti-Semetic people in his Cabinet?" she asked. She wanted Coffman's reaction to the fact that Spicer made reference to a "Holocaust center" and suggested that "Hitler didn't use gas on his own people."

>"I need to hear from my congressman that these things are unacceptable," the woman said.

>"Spicer made a terrible mistake yesterday. If you're not familiar with what he did is that he..." Coffman began to say, but the audience made clear that it didn't want to hear excuses.

>Throwing up his hands, Coffman said: "He needs to go."

>Spicer has repeatedly apologized for his comments, calling them "inexcusable and reprehensible."
>>
>Media compares Trump to Hitler more often than a fat person dreams about cheetos
>Nobody bats an eye, after all, republicans are
ebil cartoon villains
>Suddenly Spicer compares Assad, a person who has gassed his own people several times, to Hitler
>Everyone flips their goddamn shit

Hypocrisy levels are off the charts, captain!
>>
>>131485
>calling someone Hitler = someone accidently denying the Holocaust because he has the speaking skills of a child

You might want to try actually reading the news before you get outraged.
>>
>>131495
came here to post this
>>
Spicer's a smart guy, just not very well educated. You can tell he knew a tiny bit about Hitler not using Sarin gas but not enough about the history and motives.

Hitler asked his advisers about using gas but was told that the allies may use their own in retaliation, and decided not to use it mostly in self interest to not escalate the warfare (a side note, god ww2 was such a sophisticated and gentlemanly war in some ways).

>>131485
Because what he said didn't make fucking sense. He said Hitler didn't drop bombs on his own people, and thus Assad was somehow more evil. But Hitler DID kill his own people with the (comparatively weak) Zyklon B nerve agent by the millions. He only resisted using it on allied forces. Spicer's statement was factually incorrect, and while its not controversial (he immediately apologized) it IS STUPID.

As far as hypocrisy, who fucking cares. 2 wrongs don't make a right, and we know when liberals do it, conservatives aren't going to get bent out of shape anyways because they fucking hate jews over yonder /pol/ anyways, I can't think of one fucking scandal in the last 5 years to back up your hypocrisy claim. Conservatives are free to argue against Hitler comparisons when they arise, but they usually don't go anywhere because they don't have an argument to make RIGHTEOUS national news. Not my fault Hitler was a right winger nationalist.

Also.

No intelligence agency has even come out with information saying it was even Sarin gas used in Syria. Only the white house has stated this information so far and I don't fucking trust that source anymore. Fuck this lying shit Spicer. His only goal here is to make the military intervention more popular and give Trump his stupid fucking win that flies in the face of the isolationists promised he campaigned on. It's why he's trying to demonize Assad as much as possible. Just wants a fucking win for his desperate president.
>>
>>131500
>Only the white house has stated this information so far and I don't fucking trust that source anymore.

Did you trust the Obama white house?

Remember the Red Line? It happened before. That was back when a UN group was supposed to go in and make sure all chemical weapons didn't end up being used by either side or fall into ISIS hands.
>>
>>131465
I like how Spicer saying something stupid about the Holocaust is automatically anti Semitic. The woman who asked the question acts like she's a victim somehow because her relatives were a victim of another country's actions.
>>
The left calls the right nazi and hitler and no one bats an eye, but as soon as the right says something we're anti-Semitic.
>>
>>131516
>>131520

Maybe if Trump fan's hadn't spammed those Hitler Pepes so hard, people wouldn't assume you hate Jews.

Also it does seem a bit weird that Spicer didn't know about Hitler's love of poison gas.

Maybe he knows but doesn't believe it.
>>
>>131573
>blue pilled buffoon
yes he did you swindling 'redpilled' hornswaggler.
>>
>>131581
>masturbation machines
Yes, my right and left.
>lampshades
Ilse Koch did worse. She married Karl-Otto Koch, one of the Koch brothers.
>>
>>131465
>GOP congressman says Spicer 'needs to go'
GOP congressmen say a lot of things. Most of them don't happen.
>>
>>131523
>Maybe if Trump fan's hadn't spammed those Hitler Pepes so hard, people wouldn't assume you hate Jews.

>Implying I'm a Trump fan
>Implying gore Pepes weren't spammed before to get normies to stop posting Pepes
>Implying Pepes weren't spammed with Hitler to scare away normies
>Implying Jews were the only victims of the Holocaust

I'm of no illusion that /pol/ likes Jews, and I understand they hate them, but to call Trump or Spicer anti Semitic because a fringe of his supporters Spam hitler Pepes, then you might as well call the leader of the DNC racist for some of the rhetoric Sally Boynton Brown espoused towards white people. Doing either one is pretty retarded, which is why I refrain generalizing or stereotyping mass groups.
>>
>>131612
>Sally Boynton Brown
She doesn't represent anyone but herself though. She was a token opposition candidate for DNC chair, not anyone representative of anything. To compare her to the White House Press Secretary is disingenuous at best.
>>
The left will jump on this for the next few weeks because every other made up scandal they've tried to push has fallen flat. Noone really cares and Spicer isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>131613
>To compare her to the whitehouse press secretary is disingenuous

I was comparing her to those who were spamming Hitler's Pepes, and that blaming her rhetoric on the entire dnc platform would be equal.
>>
>>131593
>Every congress member says a lot of things. Most don't happen
ftfy
>>
>>131523
>>>131516
>>>131520

>Also it does seem a bit weird that Spicer didn't know about Hitler's love of poison gas.

Hitler refused to use chemical weapons on people. Jews were just firewood for furnaces in the eyes of the Nazis, not people.

>>131485
This guy knows what's up
>>
>>131505
The red line.

-That got rid of a shit ton of chemical weapons that could have fallen into ISIS hands
-Allowed the UN to get in
-Made use of the proper channels for acts of war
-Actually appeased Israel to a point where they weren't even doing gas drills anymore
-Pissed off the French who wanted to bomb shit

Yea I remember that. Don't recall anything about it that said Assad or whoever couldn't make some more chemical weapons after they were destroyed though.
>>
>>131573
>he has the speaking skills of a child

Liberal media has been making fun of Spicer's gaffs to cover a slow news day. He constantly mispronounces world leaders names and makes similar mix ups like this one with less serious subjects. I'm liberal as fuck and I think its mostly innocent stuff. There are better reasons to find the spice man despicable.
>>
>>131740
>He constantly mispronounces world leaders names and makes similar mix ups like this one with less serious subjects.
Huh, I hadn't noticed. Makes him the perfect spokesperson for Trump.

People have to stop being so Superficial about the way people speak and just listen for the point. We do that a lot online.

I'm all in favor of the left mocking spicer though, so long as its actually funny.
>>
>>131740
>making fun of Spicer

The Press Sec is supposed to be the whipping boy/girl. It's basically in their job description that they absorb all the petty criticisms and take the fall for any unpopular announcements (guilt by association -- remove the Pavlovian association) and that their job won't last more than a year. No modern president has had fewer than 3 press secs.

So let Spicer have all the worst of all your frustrations and hell, shit that would be unfair to rain down upon any normal human being (even a President), because it's his job -- that he's paid a shitload to do -- and he knows exactly the breaks -- to take it.

Basically it's like the brutal trolling of a /b/tard while posting on /b/. They know the game, and they can stop playing whenever they want.
>>
>>131516
Who doesn't know that hitler presided over genocide of german ethnic minorities using poison gas?

Many people think it's just the Trump administration tipping their hats to white supremacists because now you have a pattern of this behavior and given historic precedent, it seems hard to think it's always coincidence.

Maybe it was just him being stupid and then doubling down on saying something stupid when a journalist tried to give him a moment to take back what he said.
>>
>>131500
He called them haulicaust centers, gas chambers my dude. He mixed modern speak with history to make such a convoluted connection that he doesn't seem to have a grasp on history at all. If the bar is so low for someone who answers questions for the pres then I fear for the future of our understanding of history.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.