[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thousands fired after training H1B india replacements>>Trump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: taking america jobs2.jpg (94KB, 917x1080px) Image search: [Google]
taking america jobs2.jpg
94KB, 917x1080px
Thousands of US workers fired after being forced to train H1B india replacements:

Trump lied, broke his promise to help..more anchor H1B resources come in from India to facilitate outsourcing. 85K more this April on top of the ~1 million here already.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20170325/sarasota-attorney-sara-blackwell-says-president-trump-betrayed-visa-critics

Spread this news as the tech industry is trying to kill it. Read the stories, scary stuff and then sign the petition to stop it.

60 minutes (real news)
http://twitchy.com/wa-37/2017/03/19/digging-your-own-grave-60-minutes-and-michelle-malkin-take-a-look-at-the-h1b-visa-program/

CBS NEWS (real news)
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/youre-fired/

PBS NEWS (real news)
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/the-bogus-high-tech-worker-shortage-how-guest-workers-lower-us-wages/

CNN NEWS (real news)
http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/21/technology/h1b-visa-program-flawed/

Human trafficking (our government)
https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdms/pr/twelve-defendants-plead-guilty-marriage-and-visa-immigration-fraud

Why they will never hire you:
http://www.firstpost.com/india/theres-no-point-denying-indians-are-racist-to-the-core-2809766.html

What happens when they take all our jobs:
https://www.quora.com/Will-India-surpass-the-economy-of-the-USA-in-the-future

Almost every company in the US is doing this
http://www.masslive.com/business-news/index.ssf/2017/04/massmutual_announces_layoffs_in_springfi.html#incart_2box

Sign this to get change now.
https://www.change.org/p/attorney-general-of-the-united-states-stop-h-1b-discrimination-against-americans?source_location=minibar
>>
>>129276 (OP)
>Trump lied, broke his promise to help

He promised a crackdown on h1b fraud, not an end to foreign workers working in the US.

If they are hired by US companies to work in the US, they make US businesses more internationally competitive by increasing the size of the hiring pool.

Guest workers also spend money on US businesses which they wouldn't if businesses had greater incentive to outsource because their workers can't live in the US. Economics isn't a 0 sum game.

Getting rid of guest workers doesn't mean businesses throw up their hands and say "too bad, we'll just have to increase wages". That will always be the dead last option on their list.

Cracking down on fraud makes sense. Closing our borders to skilled migrants and restricting trade doesn't make sense. It helps some people at collective cost to everyone. The same could be accomplished without making US businesses less globally competitive by just taxing to produce social programs to support and retool folks to find gainful employment where they're most useful.
>>
>>129276
This is bullshit. Trump has not betrayed anyone. He just hasn't gotten to it yet. The very first article quotes Spicer saying that they're working on immigration first, but implying that they will eventually deal with H1-B's. Trump cant deal with every problem at once.
>>
>>129290
This 100%, but try explaining that to a Trump hater. Apparently one hour after his inauguration the wall was supposed to be finished if you listen to them
>>
>>129303
70% of America is Trump haters, Anon. Enjoy being the rat on the sinking ship.
>>
>>129306
I don't even live in America, but Canadians follow your politics, and anyone with half a brain can see how liberals and the media are treating him unfairly. Give him a chance, if he's bad as you people insist, he'll hang himself without it being so obvious you're pushing him towards the gallows
>>
>>129306
Even if that were true, it wouldn't matter because policies are good or bad no matter how popular they are
>>
Well, people who migrate to the US are going to have to work somewhere.

If people emigrate to the US, whether they come from China or India or Europe or Antarctica, they will have to eat, sleep, and live same as everyone, and that will cost money. The tourists will use their savings. The rest will apply for work and businesses might hire them, whether it is in IT or restaurants or janitors or hospitals or NASA.

Every migrant that comes over means more competition in the immediate future for work to Americans already living here but in the long term there is some economic benefit to more employable, economically solvent people to buy and sell from, right? Technically your neighbor is economic competition and if you cut the population in half tomorrow, you'd have less competition for higher power jobs too, but that's not an overall economic benefit. Economics doesn't work that way.
>>
Did Trump promise to stop legal immigration?

I remember him promising to stop the illegals, the drug dealers and rapists.

I don't remember him promising to stop people legally moving to the US.

In fact I he seemed to like legal immigrants so much he promised that his wall would have a big beautiful door.

I don't blame anyone for imagining 'America First' meant American workers first, but in reality it was a promise/threat to American business that if they should employ the workers in the US instead of sending the work abroad.

It's only natural for businesses to respond by bringing the workers to the US if they can't move the work abroad.
>>
>>129283
>this.

Op is libtard..
>>
>>129307
What, Canada in the mix?
Sup red leaf, mad greets from CA
>>
>>129436
Damn...damn, that's what's up
>>
>>129436
>Trump will put AMERICA first!
>uhhhh, Indian workers may be literally stealing jobs from Americans but YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ITS ALL 64D CHESS TRUMP WOULD NEVER LIE TO ME
How does it feel to be cucked
>>
>>129461
>trump has to fix every problem the dems caused in one month

Give him time you absolute retard
>>
>>129514
>Give him time

Keep it up, by the end 4 years you'll sound like the victim of an abusive partner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yADrtfAmLTo
>>
>>129517
I'm sure you judged Obama this harshly, right? Sent a bunch of angry tweets when he didn't accomplish everything he promised in his first two months? Of course you did.

Remember this: you have at least 3.5 more years of Trump, probably more.
>>
>>129525
Not even a Yank tbh fam.
Just laughing it up at their expense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu4y7x9LRyY

>Remember this: you have at least 3.5 more years of Trump, probably more.

More laughs. BIGLY!
>>
>>129528
I'm not a yank either, and i think they dodged a bullet with Hilary. See, we both have our opinions
>>
>>129461
>stealing jobs

One of the things about a capitalism, is you get to choose whom to hire, because your business is your property.

Even if we ignore this, stopping the H1B program on the assumption that wages will rise is just false. Employers will just outsource wherever they can. And foreign workers that live abroad don't patronize American businesses. Businesses will not all throw up their hands pay more just because migrants disappear. Businesses will always look to maximize productivity and minimize cost.
>>
We should control the flow of migration to make it manageable for our society and workforce to integrate. But we should still have skilled migration because it's an overall macroeconomic benefit to not be blocked by barriers of geography, politics, and differing national interests when it comes to trade. More people buying and selling is inherently good if they're employable and economically solvent.

Again, the flow rate should be managed to the rate our citizens can retool as necessary to accommodate the changes attendant with a growing candidate pool for jobs available at any given time, and of course our systems should be perfected to eliminate fraud.

The solution for those who experience too much competition is to re-skill in a field that is in demand and meet economic demand more effectively there. Don't tell American businesses they can't bring their workers to live where they work, and don't halt migration to reduce our competitiveness. Ending the H1B is an overly simplistic solution for a complex problem.
Instead, support a manageable rate of migration, support an end to fraud, support social programs that provide support for folks who encounter too much competition in their field and need to preserve their livelihood until they can successfully retool.

Trump has vowed to support a single-payer healthcare system which is a huge start if he carries through on his promise. Unfortunately Republicans in Congress want the H1B but they don't want social programs for the working class because that would have to be funded by taxpayers. That's an untenable position to take. We shold have skilled, socially responsible migrants come to the US and we should take care of our people with social programs while they adjust to healthy growth pains in the economic.
>>
>>129461
>YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ITS ALL 64D CHESS
Most social issues are.
Skilled immigration definitely is a complex issue.
if you pretend otherwise, you're either ignorant or unwilling to compromise any immediate, microeconomic interest to invest in future, macroeconomic interest.

Trump is being attacked as a racist for cracking down on illegal migration and is simultaneously being attacked as a liar for taking more nuanced stance on legal migration.
>>
>>129531
>they dodged a bullet with Hilary
Perfectly valid opinion, but it doesn't make Trump any better for them.

This next tune goes out to all the kids in America, bravely looking forward to 2020.

Viva la resistance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKvdlSLbrCo
>>
>>129276
Kill
All
Pajeets
>>
>>129283
>"too bad, we'll just have to increase wages". That will always be the dead last option on their list.

Which is why we must force them to raise wages.
>>
>>129695
The Democrats are the ones supporting social programs and at least considering UBI.
It's the Republicans that think laws that directly support the working class are a slippery slope to communism.
>>
>>129920
UBI is an unsustainable burden on our economy. The only people who support it are the laziest dregs of society. It's not a social program that will give assistance, it's a social program that will encourage reliance on big government at the tax payers expense.
>>
>>129580
>Perfectly valid opinion, but it doesn't make Trump any better for them.
it actually does, at least that's what that other guy is saying. That's how fucked the US is. Best result of Trump is that you murder all your political leaders and replace them with random number generators.

I agree, and I'm also a liberal Canadian.
>>
>>129695
You're not a wise man
>>
>>129575
You sure have a lot of words for avoiding the fact that you got fucking scammed by the orange jew.

>implying illegal immigration isn't literally a non-issue with illegal immigration from mexico sinking to all-time lows during Obama
>>
>>131272
This stuff was going on for 8 years under Obama. I'll give Trump a few more months to deliver.

Half of these MSM articles don't even find issue with the concern in the article, the main effort of the article is to shame Trump voters or make them feel duped for not getting stuff he promised. If anything it's just funny watching the left shift in their seat constantly trying to find reasons to complain that they lost the last election.
>>
>>129566
In it's pure form capitalism places the interests of the business above that of the state and the people. This is why in its purest form it is ultimately a detrimental force, much akin to Plato's black horse charging forward without the moral guidance of the charioteer and the balance of the white horse. Capitalism must be reigned in by means of nationalistic fervor, otherwise it will mean ruin for most.
When one company ships out jobs, they aren't simply removing those jobs, they are as well degrading the local economies those jobs supported. When you replace local workers with foreign workers whom will send money back to their country, take far less wages, and accept worse living standards (eg, living with less space and more people per apartment), then you as well degrade the local economy while putting increased pressure on housing and, more than likely, diverting the local economy towards new businesses created to cater to these new people, such as halal stores.
It means that the local populace gets poorer as a whole, meanwhile the business improves in terms of profitability.
This is why I always scoff at fellow economists that proclaim outsourcing and immigrant labor are positive for our economy, because on its face, with the rising profitability it surely is, but in actuality it degrades the system in the way it can actually benefit the local populace.
Like modern day coal towns with exhausted mines our cities of industry which outsource our labor not only kill jobs, they destroy the local economy, and completely devalue the most favored means of saving in the USA, housing. Think about that, you work for 20 years in an area majorly supported by only a few industries only to get fired and have your savings made null, and then all of those stores you supported then as well go under without the patronage of you and your coworkers (further killing your homes value as you and everyone else try to sell to head somewhere else for employment.)
>>
>>131316
Yeah it's pretty fucked how people see outsourcing and foreign workers as good for the economy
>>
>>131316
nice post anon
>>
Not sure why people presumed a 70 year old, male Paris Hilton would know the first thing about creating jobs.

People voted for a blank slate, turns out this slate is blanker than most.
>>
>>131346
It's funny how paranoid you are in relation to your ideology. I'm:
>>131316
And I despise marxist ideology as a whole, but admittedly I have more than a few marxist friends with which we can easily agree on issues regarding the working class. At the end of the day I despise how their ideology seeks to remedy the issues in society.
You're not very bright yet have strong opinions, I get that. But dont assume everyone whom opposes you is some singular fantom poster. It just makes you more intellectually lazy than you already are.
>>
>>131272
>>129461
>cucked
>orange jew
How's 8th grade working out for you buddy?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.