[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russia hints at plans to abandon the International Space Station

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/3260807/russia-hints-at-plans-to-abandon-the-international-space-station-and-build-rival-base-with-china/

>RUSSIA could be planning to abandon the International Space Station and build its own with the help of China.

>The country’s Federal Space Agency, Roscosmos, is also weighing up whether it’s necessary to have people in orbit and decide whether they could be replaced by robots.

>Andrei Ionin, chief analyst of the Russian Academy of Cosmonautics, told Russian press that “the Russian segment of the ISS may separate from the station after 2024”.

>He suggested Russia could join forces with China to form a build a rival space station.

>The space chief also revealed that officials were in talks over whether to continue to send its cosmonauts to the low orbit satellite when Nasa hands it over to the private sector in 2024.

>“Now is the time when one needs to make a decision about the ISS…For the time being, we are discussing different options, although one should have done it a lot earlier.

>“The space station of the future must also be an international project. Such projects need to be discussed long in advance.
>>
>“The key question here is not about the size of the station or its location in space – whether it is going to orbit the Earth or the Moon. The key question is about international cooperation. We need to understand who our partners are.

>“All other questions are secondary.

>“Clearly, Russia and China can build such stations, but this is not a question of technologies or finance. Russia solves secondary questions related to modules and their functions. I believe that Russia and China can be very good partners at this point.”

>The move would be a a blow to diplomatic efforts in space.

>The International System, in recent years, has been seen as a symbol of unity as well as a tool for science.

>Its current crew members are made up of four Russians and two Americans.

>Brit Major Tim Peake lived on the station between December 2015 and 2016, and is expected to return again.
>>
COD Advanced Warfare when?
>>
Russia Strong!
>>
>We need to understand who our partners are.

And more importantly who they aren't.
>>
Interesting, maybe this will result in a second space race? Fingers crossed, maybe Americans will get off their collective asses and do something impressive again.
>>
>>128903
wait

this isnt a space elevator thread...
>>
>>128903
>space station made in china

rip astronauts
>>
>>129230
>space elevator
I has serious doubts about material science living up to the promises with this.
Maybe in a few hundred years, but I don't think we'll ever see one built.

>>129231
Don't laugh so hard you take your eye off the prize.

http://www.space.com/topics/latest-news-china-space-program
>>
>>129237
i'll believe it when i see it
>>
>>129238
>i'll believe it when i see it

Chinese space station?
It won't be long now.

http://www.space.com/35707-china-tianzhou-cargo-spacecraft-launch-april.html
>>
>>128903
So Potus sucks Putin's cock, day in and day out and is great at making deals but we cant even get a washcloth to wipe the cum off of our collective face?
Art of the deal!!
>>
>>129241
They can't even build escalators that won't kill people or buildings that don't just completely tip over. Would you trust a Chinese space suit, rocket, or space station? Because I sure as hell wouldn't.
>>
>>129258
I look at it this way: in a nation of 1.7 billion, if they can't find 500 competent engineers to make this thing then they might as well die trying.
>>
>>129212
We're too fractured. We'd actually probably have another Civil War by now if not for the fact that political divides are city vs rural now rather then state vs state.
>>
>>129212
Nothing of importance will happen as usual. With luck Americans will see this as competition and kick some commie ass once more

>>129258
Not really a good argument. Chinese elevators suck because their contractors cut corners on purpose. China also cares a lot about its public image so they'll make sure everything goes well or someone will definitely be executed for one crime or another.
>>
yes China and Russia have plans to weaponize space so they can rain bombs down on any country they want from space.
>>
>>129277
>>129277
Yes, It's true. I've read reports that the Russians plan to build a military base on the moon and use sleeping agent Brianna Wu to throw Rocks from the moon(equivalent to 100x nukes) to interfere with U.S elections.
>>
>>129261
people also used to have faith in science and experts.

nowadays access to the internet and talk radio has half the country convinced that their understanding of climatology is as good as anyone's.

"We can't even predict the weather, how can we predict the climate?" makes sense to the POTUS, so of course finding funding for any pursuit that can't be made common sense immediate return on investment to a layperson is going to be a hard pill for society to swallow.
>>
>>129212
Probably not, at least not in a bad way.

China was going to get its own space program anyway, and if it can do it sooner, bringing its own goals and innovations, all the better. The notion of a "rival" space station in practice ends up filling almost a capitalist niche by exploring new frontiers that turn out to be very exciting to the public that the old guard were not enthusiastic about. Remember, the whole push for a space station to begin with was Russia's, beginning with MIR, which was at first something that NASA didn't want to pursue and became something for Russia to show off as a bit of national pride, but it quickly became an international collaboration with so much popularity as to continue immediately with the ISS.

So China wants to do something unique in space and they want to do it soon and well, and Russia, a country with an established program, is willing to help. Historically in the post-Cold War world this has only been good for science and the public (if bad for federal budgets).
>>
>>129295
>Remember, the whole push for a space station to begin with was Russia's, beginning with MIR
The US has SKYLAB in the 70s, Anon.
>>
>>129297
*holds head in shame*. Yeah, Salyut 1 then was the first space station in 1971, which was prioritized and changed from a military to civilian project after Apollo's successes.

But Skylab fell in 1979 and the US had no ownership in a continuous-orbit station thenceforth until the ISS is I guess the point. Mir made the advances and kept the public imagination to make continuous habitation for the ISS possible, while the US cut funding in the late 80s.
>>
>>129258
It probably depends on how well they can steal from Space X but even that's a tossup. Wasn't there something not too long ago about their having built a super advanced jet fighter suspiciously similar to an American model? People were scared of the implications before it turned out to be a half functional piece of trash.
>>
>>128903
>https://www.thesun.co.uk

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! ETERNAL ANGLO STUCK AGAIN!!
>>
>>128904
>>“Clearly, Russia and China can build such stations, but this is not a question of technologies or finance.

Errr, no friend, it really is. It took the cargo capacity of shuttle to lift the large pieces. Right now no one could build ISS in less than a few hundred launches -- if at all.
>>
>>129335
I respect your information but I disagree. Russians have been handling 95% of all the food delivery to the current station and they have no problem launching and transporting tons of materials in space. Granted, the Chinese might not have that capability right now, but they already have 2 stations up there now and they got those up there somehow.
>>
>>129321
fair point. also
>Russians hint
isn't exactly journalistic
>>
That new read like a fiction I halfheartedly want to write.

- We realize that the only point of sending human in space is to study their health in case we emmigrate
- We replace all manual jobs by teleoperated robots to gain in efficiency
- China and Russia build their own space station so they can use another philosophy, centered on getting actual result by frowned upon means
>>
>>129853
There's a major difference between sending up food, and sending up entire modules of living space and labs. The shuttles were the only things that had that kind of room. Russia tried to build their own space shuttle. It looked almost exactly like the US one but didn't work for crap. It would take massive funding for them to be able to send up enough for a station.
>>
>>130010
Actually it totally worked,
>The only orbital launch of a Buran-class orbiter occurred at 03:00:02 UTC on 15 November 1988 from Baikonur Cosmodrome launch pad 110/37.[3][4] Buran was lifted into space, on an unmanned mission
>(and landed back)
They didn't go further because of the whole Soviet Union collapsing stuff and cancelled the program
>>
>>129275
>because their contractors cut corners on purpose.
Then who do you think will build these then? Muh animu robots?
>>
>>128903
>>128903
>>129212

We have SpaceX now. Russia can take their 70mil a person transports for our astronauts and shove it up their ass.
>>
>>129237
Google actually had a space elevator project going and spent quite a bit of money just to test current viability

they said Nope, we'll try again in 50 years
>>
It's a good thing we retired the shuttle program.
>>
>>130046
Not that guy but its gonna be built by government facilities, unlike America where everything is privatized.

Also those guys who build it might have their family taken hostage by the government or something like that, they will try their best.

Also off the top of my head, China never failed a manned space mission, so there is that.
>>
So, NASA released a two hour special on tv stating they discovered a new type of bacteria that they want to genetically infuse with 50 volunteers' DNA. In hopes that we take on the beneficial traits that the organism has. For example, it would increase our resistance to radiation up to 3000% and will be able to strengthen the density of our bone structure and flexibility of the huan body as a whole. Also it should extend our life span up to 30 years more than normal. They also fully developed their warp drives for "near light speed" travel. Their endgame is not only to inhabit mars but other planets in our solar system by the year 2035. Thoughts?
>>
>>131189
Got a source?
>>
Uhm tbh sadly the only source I have was the 2 hour documentary I saw today on tv. It was offical NASA as they were saying. If it helps i live in the West Coast US. Sorry if I'm not too specific or if I seem unreputtable.
>>
>>131190
If I can find it somewhere here on the interwebs I'll definitely post a link. Rn I'm at work, but as soon as I get back home I'll dedicate some time to clarify on the claims.
>>
>>131192
no hurry Anon, it's a slow board. post when you can, sounds very interesting.
>>
>>131193
I appreciate it man, I was telling my coworkers about it and they were laughing me off like i was an idiot so I thought it would be a better effort to speak with some fellow intellectuals about such pressing matters. IF this is all true I am honestly, considering a career change into the military so I can meet NASA requirements and hopefully volunteer for genetic trials.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.