[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fauxcahontas Have Big Words About Equal Pay. But She Paid Female

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

File: 1475889425990.jpg (61KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475889425990.jpg
61KB, 600x400px
Many-Faced-Indian-Princess Senator Elizabeth Warren may have trumpeted her fury that women aren’t paid equally with men, but now a revealing fact about Fauxcahontas has come to light: women working all year in fiscal year 2016 for Warren were paid just 71 cents for every dollar paid to men.

That information comes by way of a Washington Free Beacon analysis. The Beacon reported:

The median annual earnings for women staffers, $52,750, was more than $20,000 less than the median annual earnings for men, $73,750, according to the analysis of publicly available Senate data. When calculated using average salaries rather than median, the pay gap expands to just over $26,051, or about 31 percent.

But, but, but, didn’t Warren tweet this last year?

#EqualPayDay isn’t a national day of celebration. It’s a national day of embarrassment.

— Elizabeth Warren (@SenWarren) April 12, 2016
Equal Pay Day marks the day that women supposedly catch up to men in salary. The National Committee on Pay Equity uses data from the Census Bureau; last year the day fell on April 4. On that date last year Warren blasted:

Today is Equal Pay Day, and by the sound of it, you would think it's some sort of historic holiday commemorating the anniversary of a landmark day that our country guaranteed equal pay for women. But that's not what this is about. Not even close. The game is rigged against women and families, and it has to stop. It is 2016, not 1916, and it's long past time to eliminate gender discrimination in the workplace.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/elizabeth-warrens-female-staffers-made-71-less-male-staffers-earnings-2016/

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15101/fauxcahontas-have-big-words-about-equal-pay-she-hank-berrien
>>
Only one woman, Warren's director of scheduling, earned a six-figure salary last year, whereas five men earned more than Warren's highest paid woman staffer in 2016.

The Beacon concluded, “The gender pay gap in Sen. Elizabeth Warren's office is nearly 10 percent wider than the national average, meaning women in the Massachusetts Democrat's office will have to wait longer than most women across the country to recognize Equal Pay Day.”
>>
Oh great, the partisan fuckheads are here. Is /pol/ down again?
>>
>>128589
gο βαck το ®εδδιτ
>>
>>128589
Butthurt much?
>>
>>128593
>>128591
You aren't winning any partisan arguments here. You're only encouraging the liberal fuckheads to post more slate and salon.com stories in response to your escalating shit headlines. In the end the board become /pol2/ and we all lose.
>>
>>128600
> we all lose
You lose not me.
>>
>>128605
I didn't say it wasn't newsworthy, I said you're a partisan fuckhead. I'm not wrong. There are like 5 liberals and 5 conservatives who ruin every single thread on this board for the 20 other people who just want to talk about news and not blame the other party for it. Thanks for proving it true once again, asshole.
>>
>>128617
Well gee, maybe if the entire premise of the thread and the headline wasn't partisan attacking shit then people wouldn't be telling you to go back to /pol/, you think?
>>
>>128628
Put the bong down, son.
>>
What is this shit?
It's not news.
>>
>>128639
It is news
>>
>>128639
It's news from /pol/
>>
>>128581
Not news. Fuck off.
>>
>>128736
Oh need a safe space little guy?
>>
>>128736
They say it will get better when /pol/ goes back to normal.
>>
Has Warren or anyone on her staff responded to these claims? Does she rationalize the pay gap by focusing on difference of jobs or maybe overtime worked?
She is trapped in either being sexist and failing to meet her own standards or its a more complex issue and she ignorantly or intentionally ignored the reality presented by the other side of the debate.
>>
>>128741
You honestly think this story sound plausible in the first place?
>>
>>128741
The story says
>That information comes by way of a Washington Free Beacon analysis.
Why would she respond to a hitpiece from a far right source like The Washington Free Beacon? That would be like Steve Bannon responding to a DailyKos article. She should know what her staff is being paid and whether the story is true or not. If she has confidence that the story isn't true then she shouldn't have to respond at all because her staff would back her up on it. If it IS true, you would think at least one of her staff would have talked to the regular press about it by now, even if anonymosly.
>>
>>128756
>The median annual earnings for women staffers, $52,750, was more than $20,000 less than the median annual earnings for men, $73,750, according to the analysis of publicly available Senate data.

Go do the math and prove the story wrong show your work though no cheating!
>>
>>128753
The pay gap IS FANTASY.
>>
>>128760
>according to the analysis
Why don't *they* show their work?
>>
>>128769
they did
However, women working for Warren were paid just 71 cents for every dollar paid to men during the 2016 fiscal year, according to a Washington Free Beacon analysis.

The median annual earnings for women staffers, $52,750, was more than $20,000 less than the median annual earnings for men, $73,750, according to the analysis of publicly available Senate data.

When calculated using average salaries rather than median, the pay gap expands to just over $26,051, or about 31 percent.

Consistent with previous Free Beacon analyses of Senate salary data, only full-time staffers who were employed for the entire period in question were included in the calculations.

For example, Warren's former chief of staff Mindy Myers and her male replacement Dan Geldon were not included because neither worked the full year.

Among employees employed the entire year, only one woman, Warren's director of scheduling, earned a six-figure salary, at $100,624.88.

Five men—Warren's director of oversight and investigations ($156,000), legislative director ($149,458), deputy chief of staff ($119,375), Massachusetts state director ($152,310), and deputy state director ($113,750)—earned more than Warren's highest paid woman staffer in 2016.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/elizabeth-warrens-female-staffers-made-71-less-male-staffers-earnings-2016/
>>
>>128767
t. jobless cuck
>>
>>128771
>Consistent with previous Free Beacon analyses
This doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. It's weird how after doing a cursory google search, every reactionary right wing clickbait outlet from hot air to breitbart to wnd is reporting on this story but not one single leftist blog or even a mainstream newsite has even mentioned it yet. It makes me doubt if it's even true to be honest. The Free Beacon tends to leave out one kind of key detail or another which collapses their arguments, like when they claimed Ben Rhodes was trying to sabotage Trump's cabinet or something. That story vanished into the nothingness from which it came. I'll wait until I see the regretful apology on her part in the NYT before I believe their numbers are right.
>>
>>128783
t. first worlder social studies student
>>
>>128784
Why don't you double check by accessing the data yourself and follow the steps they followed all this data is public and easily verified.
>>
>>128771
>Five men—Warren's director... director... deputy chief... director... deputy state director

I think we can all agree that among Congressional staffers, "chiefs" and "directors" probably should be paid more than drones. There are 5 male directors and 1 female director with 6-figure salaries, and all have different jobs (and arguably "legislative director" and "state director" require more expertise than "scheduling" and thus deserve the 50k larger salary, but we'll excuse that from the math for now).

Let's say all directors earn 100k, and all drones earn 50k. And let's say there are 5 male directors and 1 female director, with 4 male drones and 4 female drones. The pay in this case is entirely equal between sexes, but both the median and mean will be dramatically off. If they tried to adjust the hiring of staff so that there were equal numbers of full-time men and women, the mean salaries would be even more unequal. You see why their methodology is flawed now?

Pay gap studies in academia use a drastically different methodology that involves many of statistical controls and requires much more data. One should just look at the standard salary of Warren's drones to see if men and women are paid equal (ie same money for the same job) and leave it there. That is not what was done here, and as you can see that makes for pure bullshit.
>>
This post is clearly not promoting the liberal agenda!

Save us liberal tattletales...please report this to the moderators so they can suppress this opposing view.
>>
>>128809
Oh I'm sowwy, did your Bweitbawt post get pwuned because it was an editorial and not an actual news story?
>>
>>128808
Anyone with a brain will agree with you.
However, this is 4D chess level shit.
Just like how leftists refuse to do "same work, same pay" analysis when talking about the pay gap, the right has now begun to twist the numbers as well.

Both sides are full of babies who refuse to admit that there really isn't anything to fight over.

This is just the right wingers' attempt at showing how stupid it is to do a pay gap analysis without adjusting for the things you mentioned. It seems they were successful. After all, you seem to realize how stupid it is.
>>
>>128817
>Implying SJWs are leftists
Wew laddie. You keep dancing on those strings, anon.
>>
>>128589
Why is it not funny when ANY high and mighty politician gets revealed to be a shallow sack of shit? And on that note, who even likes Warren to begin with?
>>
>>128821
I'm curious as to just where the hell you think they fall on the political spectrum.
>>
>>128822
>who even likes Warren to begin with?
lol
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/poll-trump-democrats-elizabeth-warren-235026
>Poll: Trump trails generic Democrat, but not Warren, in 2020
>>
>>128827
>vocally against the first ammendment
>assaulting/harrassing people for haing "unacceptable" opinions
Yeah, that's not liberalism, buddy. That's poorly disguised authoritarianism.
>>
>>128827
Neoliberals generally aren't leftist either. This country is so deep in the pockets of Wall Street that you /pol/yps don't even know what "left-wing" means
>>128823
Its a bit of a complex issue actually- its important to understand that many of the establishment Democrats are "neoliberals", who push for center-right economic policies and instead focus on identity politics issues to appeal to their constituents. Their economics generally favor the rich over the working class, but still try to keep the system sustainable in the long-term. On that political compass thing they'd fall somewhere along the left side of the blue square.
You have to keep in mind that "left-wing" and "right-wing" are about economics, not identity politics- the left favors the working class while the right favors the rich/ruling class. I'd say that "SJWs" generally consist of 2 groups - upper-middle and upper-class neoliberals (like that Jonathan McIntosh guy, for example), and some lower-class people who may hold left-wing economic views but are far, FAR more concerned about identity politics to such a degree that they're willing to vote against their economic interests. Basically, a leftist is someone who supported Bernie for his economic policies in the primary last year, while SJWs generally supported Clinton because "first female president ZOMG!". Ironically I'd say that the average /pol/yp is similar to SJWs in this regard, they just have very different identity politics.
>>
Like seriously, do we have mods?
>>
>>128854
4chan is /pol/chan now. You'll get over it eventually.
>>
The thing that feminists don't get is that the cause of the wage gap is hypergamy. But of course, they won't cry about fixing that because women benefit from hypergamy. So the only thing they can do is continue this "repeat a lie enough and it becomes true" shenanigan of claiming the gap is due to discrimination.
>>
>>128855
The pendulum is already swinging back faster than ever, it turns out that some people don't like the idea of 20 million people losing health care, dumping industrial waste into the rivers, letting ISPs sell your info, getting rid of net neutrality, increasing mortgage costs on middle-class home owners, gutting social programs, and at least a dozen other things I'm forgetting that the Trump administration has done or tried to do.
>>
>>128840
>political leanings are defined almost solely by economic policies
No.
>>
>>128864
>letting ISPs sell your info
Thing is, Google and Facebook already did this
>>
>>128864
-Illegal Immigration down 67%
-National Debt down 3 billion in first month
-+263,00 Jobs
-Huge rise in small business optimism
-Increase in export, trade gap down.
-1 billion saved in Air Force one deal
-AFC premiums increased in 22%
-Refugee flow slashed
-ISP data collecting was already happening before bill was passed.
-"Environment bullshit"
I sure love cherrypicking
>>
>>128941
ACA*
>>
>>128941
>Huge rise in small business optimism

How can one quantify this? Polls or surveys?

>"Environment bullshit"

What are you talking about here? Sort of related - can't say I'm too enthusiastic about Trump wanting to slash NOAA funds. That could be really bad long term for shipping commerce.
>>
>>129279
Surveys
>Environment bullshit
It was a response to his comment about industrial waste, as I couldn't give a less fuck about the environment.
>>
>>128581
>two cashiers
>1 male 1 female
>40 hours a week
>verify check
>myth busted
how is that so fucking hard
>>
>>128941

He hasn't even approved a budget.

>Illegal immigration down 67%

Well done. I am behind and agree with this. There was actually a net outflow to begin with, but the more the better. We do need to consider the shit jobs that literally no one else wants to do to the point that they brought in prison workers in Georgia.

>national debt
He hasn't approved a budget. This is literally Obama's budget.

>263,000 jobs
>Increase in exports
>Increase in small business optimism
Feel good stats mean little if the actual employment numbers are not hitting their monthly marks. You can pump as much money into the economy as you want, it's about who has jobs, and who has good jobs.

>1 billion air force one deal
Petty feel good shit tbqh. Will probably get him shot out of the sky if he stays around long enough to fly in one of them.

>ACA premiums increased in 22%
This isn't a positive. The Republicans displayed ample ineptitude trying to "fix" the ACA. Healthcare is 100% on them and has been since Jan. 20th.

>refugee slow slashed
I personally don't have a problem with well-vetted refugees contributing to our economy, but to each their own.

>ISP data
>hahhaa bro it's okay that he let it keep happening

>environmental bullshit
Someone that hasn't grown up in the 70's.
>>
>>131244

Also the short term indicator of the economy, the DJIA, has dropped a bit and is currently stagnant. This is probably due to the fed raising interest rates tho.
>>
Pay gap doesn't exist
>>
>>131236
As I understand it it's not hard at all to find two cashiers at the same store with the same experience making a different amount an hour. The culture that your paycheck is something really private keeps people from realizing that their boss pays other people at the same store more or less for the same work.
>>
>>128938
Yeah so we should maximize the amount of people with your info that are profiting from it.
>>
>>128753
The pay gap refers to people who have the same job and get paid differently. These people likely all have different jobs, so obviously pay is going to be different.

Unless you think every job should earn the same amount of money, comrade.
>>
>>131335

>hahaha bro refugees are a waste of money I'd much rather spend 90 million in sixty seconds on 59 tomohawk cruise missiles that didn't even incapacitate the base and 100 billion on military in one year making sure muslims hate us even more than actually solve the base of the middle east problem

Don't breed.
>>
>>128589
I'm not with them...and yes.
>>
No one is going to do anything, everyone is a pussy hiding behind a big stick (reference).
>>
>>131431
Stop bumping this shit thread.
>>
>>131434
We are having a discussion don't interrupt.
>>
>>131441
>We
It's just you, necrobumping the thread.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.