[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Trump Will Make Our Country Safe Again', Says Increasingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 1

File: wakeywakey.jpg (49KB, 684x540px) Image search: [Google]
wakeywakey.jpg
49KB, 684x540px
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/us/politics/travel-ban-trump-judge-hawaii.html?_r=0

>HONOLULU — A federal judge in Hawaii decided Wednesday to extend his order blocking President Trump’s travel ban.

>The judge, Derrick Watson of Federal District Court, issued the longer-lasting hold on the ban just hours after hearing arguments.

>Hawaii says the policy discriminates against Muslims and hurts the state’s tourist-dependent economy. The implied message in the revised ban is like a “neon sign flashing ‘Muslim ban, Muslim ban,’” that the government didn’t bother to turn off, the state’s attorney general, Douglas Chin, told the judge.

>Extending the temporary order until the state’s lawsuit is resolved will ensure the constitutional rights of Muslim citizens across the U.S. are vindicated after “repeated stops and starts of the last two months,” the state has said.

>The government says the ban falls within the president’s power to protect national security. Hawaii has made only generalized concerns about its effect on students and tourism, a Department of Justice lawyer, Chad Readler, told the judge via telephone.

>The Trump administration had asked Judge Watson to narrow his ruling to cover only the part of Mr. Trump’s executive order that suspends new visas for people from six Muslim-majority countries. Mr. Readler said a freeze on the United States refugee program had no effect on Hawaii.

>Judge Watson rejected that argument, preventing the administration from halting the flow of refugees.

>Judge Watson said in court that the government only argued for that narrower interpretation after a federal judge in Maryland blocked the six-nation travel ban but said it was not clear that the refugee suspension was similarly motivated by religious bias.
>>
>>126754
It seems like the travel ban has been all but forgotten with all the other shit happening with Trump's administration. I guess that's why he does these things in rapid succession.
>>
>>126754
>Hawaii says the policy discriminates against Muslims and hurts the state’s tourist-dependent economy.
It will hurt their tourism economy a lot more if Honolulu ends up like Paris.
>>
>>127242
NUKE THE LIBERALS;
SAVE THE WORLD!!!!
>>
>>127242
Can't they even give you shills some elementary level English lessons?
>>
>>127305
Not that guy but you really DO need English lessons if you think 'can't' can't be used without a pronoun or adverb.
>>
dripski dripski
>>
>>127241
>ends up like paris
you mean one of the most visited places in the world
>>
>>127349

how many trucks do they have to run you over with before you understand
>>
>>126754
QUICK BRING MORE OF THOSE PEACEFUL MUSLIMS
>>
>>127349
They are actually dropping every year

Japanese tourists are so disillusioned nowadays with Paris that they get sick
>>
>>126754
Totally within the president's authority. Why are liberals so blind?
>>
>>127235
I think that might be ascribing a little too much competence.
He does a flurry of things because he thinks they're easy, then fails at all of them when he finds out they require a lot more effort than he thought. It's like extreme dunning-kruger.
>Politics? Oh, that's easy, I'll just whip out my CEO dealma- Ohgodwhyiseverythingfallingapart
>>
>>127424
Checks and balances.
>>
>>127433
SCOTUS will uphold the 2nd ban
>>
>>127434
Maybe.
>>
>>127435
These judges literally don't have the authority to suspend the ban. President Trump could say "All Muslims and liberals banned forever for the safety of America." And they couldn't do a thing about it. That's part of the power granted to him; checks and balances are not equal to "nullify everything this branch does."
>>
>>127538
These judges are doing their jobs while liberals are drinking Trumptard tears by the gallon. Trump's and his cabinet doesn't have the equivalent of the Bush administration's John Yoo and David Addington to make up interpretations of national security law as they go along, so the hare-brained interpretations they come up with are going to get struck down.

As an aside, interestingly on the 9th circuit one of the liberals found in favor of Trump's side and the one conservative justice agreed with the Washington Attorney General. That doesn't bode well for any future Supreme Court challenges, not that they would likely hear it anyway before Gorsich.
>>
The image shoud be:

>Trump saying "let's halt immigration from third-world countries with hostile cultures and terrorism, it's every country's and President's right to control their borders and who comes in"

>The rest of the American people saying (every poll says more people agree with the ban than don't): OK

>Random fuck from Hawaii and the Supreme Court: *AUTISTIC SCREECHING*
>>
>>127349

http://en.rfi.fr/france/20170221-paris-and-its-region-have-lost-15m-tourists-2016
>Paris region tourism falls 1.5m in 2016

>Paris and its region have lost an estimated 1.3 billion euros in tourist income since the 2015-2016 terror attacks on France, regional officials say. The number of tourists fell 1.5 million in 2016, with the steepest decline in Chinese and Japanese visitors.

>According to the Paris Ile-de-France regional tourism authority, the Comité Régional du Tourisme, the number of nights spent in hotels by foreign tourists in 2016 fell by 10.8 percent.
>>
>>127526
It's only 3 months into his presidency and we're still on Obama's fiscal year, so the actual effects will take a bit to set in but here is what Trump has done so far
>gutted the EPA
>hastily made an objectively terrible Healthcare system
>tried (and failed) to pass a travel ban despite extreme pushback from the judicial branch
>sold everyone's online privacy
>gave huge tax breaks to the 1%
>gone golfing at luxury resorts
And despite most of his cabinet positions still being empty, and promising to cut government spending, he has already spent record amounts of tax dollars so he can still live a luxurious billionaire lifestyle and keep his immigrant trophy wife locked up in Trump tower (which is also costing us billions)
Can't wait til America is great again
>>
>>126754

>haha i'll illegally deny the president his right to block any immigration of anyone for any reason at any time

>haha, we're not going to let you make america safe! haha, take that sucker?

>fucking trump is such an idiot? you think we're going to let him use his legal authority to make us safe? fuck no!

whose side are you on?
>>
>>127350
It's about time we had a conversation about common sense lorry legislation. This has to stop.
>>
>>127397
>nowadays
They have been getting disillusioned with Paris since forever you fucking muppet.

>>127557
>>Trump saying "let's halt immigration from third-world countries with hostile cultures and terrorism,
Except when he excludes the countries which export the most Wahhabists and terrorists (including the home country of most of the 9/11 hijackers). Countries which he just so happens to have business interests in.
>>
>>127576
He literally could have reviewed and changed the vetting procedures by now. Which was his justification for the ban.
>>
>>127643

his fucking justification is 'sandniggers are shit and we don't want them here', which is 100% legal and reasonable.

lets not fucking pretend this is anything but renegade progressive judicial activism.
>>
>>127645
Time to go back to >>>/pol/ for you, kiddo.
>>
>>127645
>100% legal and reasonable

Not according to the constitution, bucko
>>
>>127648

yes, explicitly according to the constitution.

the government EXISTS in order to discriminate between citizens and non citizens. that's the reason all governments exist. for the good of the people under it. even if that conflicts with the good of people outside of it.

the constitution says NOTHING about enacting progressive values on the world at large.

>>127647

fuck off, dumbass. go back to rebbit or where ever you get your toxic self destructive complexes.
>>
>>127648
The Alien and Sedition Acts grant the president the power to suspend visas if there's a threat to national security. Though it's a conflict with first amendment, radical islam (islam) is a threat to national security. Regardless, his proposed travel restrictions don't cover enough, or the right countries, to matter. It's symbolic.
>>
>>127653
>symbolic
I should amend that to "pathetic".
>>
>>127647
There is no /pol/ right, it's /mlpol/ for the next few hours. That's probably why there are so many partisan fanatics on /news/ today
>>
>>127655

just a taste of what is to come.
>>
>>126754

The New York Times is a very biased, anti-Trump news source. Carlos Slim is the majority shareholder of the NYT.
>>
>>127659
The New York Times broke the Hillary email story. Try again, Trumpcuck.
>>
>>127660
NYT is fake news.
>>
>>127662
You are on the wrong board if you think so.
>>
>>127673
You be there to apologize for him in the future too!
>>
>>127680
Sorry (not sorry)
>>
>>127675
>Haha nice try (not)
>>127680
>Sorry not sorry
>>127685
>Sorry (not sorry)

Are you people 90s high school movie villains?
>>
>>127689

no, they're not that mature.
>>
>>127689

No, they're from Reddit.
>>
>>127242
The president doesn't have the authority to shit on religious freedom.

"A nation that sacrifices a little freedom for a little security will have non, and deserve neither."- Ben Franklin
>>
>>128240
The president has the legal authority to control immigration.
>>
>>128249
The courts have more legal authority to block whatever illegal things the President does.
>>
>>128249
pity he is not allowed to enforce our laws. god forbid people come here the legal way.

I live in LA, its like being in mexico 24/7 now. I hate it
>>
>>128340
It's a pity he and his administration are apparently too retarded to draft an executive order properly.
>>
All in all this was probably a bad move from the president but the hypocritical liberal media and their braindead drones ironically are showing cultural and religious ignorance and insensitivity by labelling it a "Muslim Ban"
If this was a true "Muslim Ban" then Indonesia and Saudi Arabia would be on the list too and their are religious minorities in the banned countries too
I'm so sick of this and this Russia nonsense
>>
>>128345
You're right but for the wrong reason, it has nothing to do with Muslims, it has to do with Christians. By exempting christians from the ban they are showing a religious preference, which is blatantly unconstitutional.
>>
>>128343
as least he is trying. Hillary would have let all the garbage in by now. This country is honestly a joke now, it was refreshing that Trump at least called it out and that is why he won.
>>
>>128348
Oh didn't know christians were exempt. That makes things iffier and probably trumps biggedt goof here but I maintain my other points though that calling it a Muslim Ban carries with it many implications that reflect poorly upon the judgment of those using the term which also distracts from the root of the issues surrounding that order
>>
>>128333
There's nothing illegal about the travel restriction.

>>128348
Christians weren't exempted; it's that persecuted religious minorities were to be given preferential treatment for refugee status. Christians happen to be one of those religious minorities.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/opinions/trump-travel-ban-christians-swain-opinion/index.html

>Those who object to the order have missed both the actual content of the executive order and the fact that the seven Muslim nations most affected -- Iraq, Iran, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, Libya, and Yemen -- were already identified when Congress passed the "Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015." This act prevented nationals of these countries from traveling to the United States without visas. Muslims from other nations like Indonesia, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia are not subject to Trump's 90-day restriction. Therefore, it is not a Muslim ban.

>the seven Muslim nations most affected -- Iraq, Iran, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, Libya, and Yemen -- were already identified when Congress passed the "Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015."

It's all political theater and the media has confirmed for the world that they're little more than puppets.
>>
>>128678
>It's all political theater and the media has confirmed for the world that they're little more than puppets.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-on-preventing-muslim-immigration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AIAKVst7jw
>>
>>128755
That would be indicative of an intent to target muslims if the travel ban actually did; it doesn't, so examining his statements is irrelevant. He's a narcissistic ass; that doesn't mean the travel ban is illegal.
>>
>>128354
It wasn't unsafe to begin with. Nobody gives a shit about terrorism. I mean, we know it's bad and it's sad when it happens, but it's not bad enough to start sacrificing our economic and political and cultural interests over.

I'm afraid for my everyday life and future and the future of my society over lots of things. My health, financial security, environment, &c. Terrorist attack comes dead last on my list of concerns.
>>
>>128794
And that's an example of a weakling mindset.
If everyone had this attitude the first tribes wouldn't have resisted the first invaders. Just because It doesn't affect you directly It doesn't mean It isn't a big problem. Put yourself in the president's shoes, when people die in an attack that you could have prevented. Terrorism is a huge issue and you can't pretend It isn't. Also, you know your priorities are straight when the environment comes before terrorism.
>>
>>128768
It's "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on" that I don't get.

What makes him think they don't know what's going on with terrorist sneaking in?

Last time I checked the most recent terrorist incidents have all been from people who had long been resident in the US. They didn't get in because of the poor state of affairs in current border security.

I think maybe because Trump has his own plane he doesn't realise the hoops us plebs are jumping through these days. Has he been asked to remove his shoes or told the soap bottle in his hand luggage could be bomb?
>>
>>126754

>trump thinks he's gonna make american safe again?

>NOT IF I CAN HELP IT

literally treason
>>
>>128800
>literally treason

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/treason-the-new-normal_us_58dd1c3de4b0fa4c09598691
>>
>>128802
Huffing Paint Post is a garbage
>>
Dump all the Muslims refugees in Hawaii.

See how that cock sucker likes it.
>>
>>127575
>gutted the EPA
good

>hastily made an objectively terrible Healthcare system
You fell for this one? It was Paul Ryan's plan and Trump didn't even endorse it. Hence why he's talking with Rand Paul right now to write a better one.

>tried (and failed) to pass a travel ban despite extreme pushback from the judicial branch
Obama literally had the exact same ban in place, you're a hypocrite.

>sold everyone's online privacy
Are you seriously implying that you had privacy on google, facebook, or any social media platform before this bill? Really? I bet you don't even have a VPN or use noscript.

>gave huge tax breaks to the 1%
and also to everyone else

>gone golfing at luxury resorts
It's his own resort and it's a strategy that is clearly working. Everyone in politics is rich and old so they probably all love to golf, he takes them out gives them a nice time and then he goes "hey you know what would be cool too? If you guys did a little bit of 'x' for us." He's treating politicians well at Mar-a-Lago so he can influence them.
>>
>>128835
Is it delusion? Fanatism? Desperation? What drives a man to be this disconnected with reality?
>>
>>128839

Yeah because only a fucking idiot can make billions of dollars, take on the entire media and two major political parties and come out as the president of the united states?

Soon enough you're going to have to come to terms with the fact that Trump isn't as stupid, racist, or incompetent as the Huffington Post makes him out to be.
>>
>>128796
>Weakling
The real pursues are the ones who think a wall and travel ban are necessary because of how scawy the brown people are
>just cuz it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it isn't about it problem
Terrorism is a problem we have to deal with, but it's much less of a problem in the United States than poverty or the environment
>put yourself in the president's shoes
If I could, I'd realize how counterproductive a travel ban would be, and not funding do that
>you know your priorities are straight when the environment comes before terrorism
Yes. I would say ensuring people have access to clean, nonpolluted water and renewable energy sources would be a good thing to do. We need to move away from fossil fuels and become energy independent.
>>
>>128345
>the liberal media is so bad for calling this a Muslim ban
>that is just so insensitive OMG
Trump is the one who said he would ban Muslims from entering the country, you dumb cunt
>>
>>129259
>2
I wish this was a muslim ban. But unfortunately only 7 countries are present in the ban, as a matter of fact the country with the biggest muslim population in the world isn't on the ban, the court has no ground for calling this a muslim ban and the only reason they are even discussing this is pure partisanship.
>>
>>128841
It takes a nation of idiots to elect a bankrupt billionaire with no political experience into office just because he says edgy things on TV. He's literally a political troll, he just causes problems and conflict because people will pay attention to him if he's an asshole
>>
>>129286
That's a nice display of ignorance we got here. Must be hard to breath with your head that deep into your asshole.
>>
>>129257
>how scawy the brown people are
I realize it must be comforting for you to believe people are afraid rather than disgusted, but even brown people don't want to live around brown people.
>>
>>129286
>It takes 46.1% of the 56.8% of the eligible populace who voted to elect a bankrupt billionaire with no political experience into office just because he says edgy things on TV.*
*ftfy
>>
>>127308
This is actually an autistic issue that English majors sperg out about.
>>
>>129268
We need to go beyond a ban. We need to export or "evacuate" them if we want to make America safe.
>>
>>129257
Yes, weakling for:
>Nature is cruel; therefore we are also entitled to be cruel. When I send the flower of German youth into the steel hail of the next war without feeling the slightest regret over the precious German blood that is being spilled, should I not also have the right to eliminate millions of an inferior race that multiplies like vermin?
>>
>>128835
>It was Paul Ryan's plan and Trump didn't even endorse it.
???
>"It's a great bill," Trump said of the American Health Care Act. "I really believe we're going to have tremendous support."
>"I"m proud to endorse the replacement plan."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/03/07/trump-endorses-gop-replacement-plan-for-obamacare-says-lets-get-it-done.html

>Our wonderful new Healthcare Bill is now out for review and negotiation. ObamaCare is a complete and total disaster - is imploding fast!

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/839086723552411648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.npr.org%2F2017%2F03%2F07%2F519020153%2Ftrump-supports-gop-health-care-plan-but-it-isn-t-everything-he-wants
>>
>>129543
It's especially funny when this is the same kind of shit we make fun of third-world crapholes for doing, like when some African banana republic elects a famous football player to be president and wonders why he ends up becoming a narcissistic nepotist autocrat.

But I suppose the next test is whether America will tolerate such narcissistic autocracy, as Russia re-elects Putin every time by margins so high he basically has to persuade people to run and vote against him so it doesn't look like he's rigging, and now Turkey wants to guarantee the same power for Erdogan. RoK and Brazil ousted their fuckup prezzes at least, and South Africa will probably vote out Zuma, so not all countries are morons.
>>
>>128678
>There's nothing illegal about the travel restriction
not unless it's deemed unconstitutional, which it was
>>
This is the most ignorant administration ever...The dumb fucks can't even write one fucking rule without fucking it up. This is the really fucked up part..that can stop anyone country from coming. Its like a professor letting you take your finals for the third time...NO NO NO little donny lets try it one more time. " boy this kid will never be the president of the United States " Well Mother Nature sure loves her little surprises.
>>
>>130304
Confirmed for living in a bubble.

The forgotten middle class had enough, and in the words of Michael Moore, threw the Trump hand grenade into the political ruling class as revenge for years of neglect and the downspiraling of morality. Normal, rational people in the US look at the EU's mass immigration and resulting terrorist attacks, and had the numbers here to effect change in the form of a populist demanding that change.

You should have seen it coming. Obama ran on change, and nothing changed. The people pushed harder in 2016 for change. And if we don't get that change, you will see an ever more visceral middle class rebelling against decades of governmental abuse.
>>
>>130814
You are conveniently ignoring the possibility (read: existence and influence) of partisan judges, and simultaneously ignoring that Trump has the authority per the 1952 immigration act to halt immigration however he pleases. You can shout "unconstitutional" over and over, but the judge's ruling is clearly obstructionist and partisan.
>>
>>129257
>We need to move away from fossil fuels and become energy independent
You do realize we are becoming energy independent through fossil fuels and not renewables.
>>
>>130842
Liberals are not smart enough to understand this. They hear the word "independence" and immediately start attributing it with words like progressive and tolerant. If they could think things through, they'd be conservative.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.