[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DEBT COLLECTOR Donald Trump claims Germany owes the US and Nato

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: 1475832686040.jpg (4MB, 6720x4480px) Image search: [Google]
1475832686040.jpg
4MB, 6720x4480px
Only the US and four other Nato members – including the UK – currently reach the alliance’s benchmark of spending on defence which is 2% of GDP.

But Germany spends a miserly 1.23% of its national income despite running a whopping £234billion budget surplus.

The two leaders showed little common ground yesterday over a host of thorny issues, including Nato and defence spending.

And today Trump tweeted: “Germany owes vast sums of money to NATO & the United States must be paid more for the powerful, and very expensive, defence it provides to Germany!”

…vast sums of money to NATO & the United States must be paid more for the powerful, and very expensive, defense it provides to Germany!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 18, 2017

During their joint news conference, Trump – who has criticised NATO as “obsolete” – demanded that America’s allies in the military alliance pay back “vast sums of money from past years”.

Merkel said Germany had committed to increasing its military spending to the previously agreed level of 2% of GDP for NATO’s European members.

Trump set the tone for his relations with Merkel during his campaign last year, saying her decision to allow close to a million refugees into Germany was a “catastrophic mistake” and suggested she was “ruining Germany”.

In a truly cringe-worthy scene, the US President appeared to completely blank requests to shake his guest Angela Merkel’s hand.

But Trump also lashed out at the news media on Saturday. "Despite what you have heard from the FAKE NEWS," he tweeted, "I had a GREAT meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3121891/donald-trump-germany-angela-merkel-nato-spending/
>>
Despite what you have heard from the FAKE NEWS, I had a GREAT meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Nevertheless, Germany owes.....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 18, 2017

During the election and his presidential inauguration, Mr Trump declared Nato "obsolete" but has since modified his stance, telling European leaders the alliance remains of strategic importance.
>>
>>123258
sensationalist crap from MurdochMedia™.

here's a much better version of the story:
http://www.dw.com/en/germany-owes-vast-sums-of-money-for-nato-claims-us-president-donald-trump/a-38008374
>>
Trump probably gave her re-election odds a decent boost with this petty behavior.
>>
>>123258
>must be paid more for the powerful, and very expensive, defence
Defence from what? The US? Fucking mobsters.
>>
Germany will pay as soon as the US lets us retrieve our gold reserves :)
>>
>>123258
Why spend money on defense when you've already given your country over to foreign powers.

doesn't make any sense
>>
>>123353
From Russia.
>>
>>123399
NATO forces with USA excluded would be enough to fend off Russia (in conventional war) if it got silly ideas. Which it will not have, since there is no economic reason for that.

There is a big gap in military spending between USA and all the other countries. You need top ten countries combined spending to match the amount USA spends on their army.
>>
>>123258
>the alliance’s benchmark of spending on defence which is 2% of GDP.

read: "you got to buy american weapons"
>>
>>123381
>our gold reserves
>our
>>
>>123258
Fuck the U.S and i hope Germany btfo them
Love from France
>>
So Trump and Merkel have a visit, then afterwards Trump tweets behind her back "yo where's my money." The world points out how he's an idiot.

What a fag. This is a total bitch move. Why couldn't you say it to her face. He was probably too scared to shake her hand that one time, though to his credit he worked up the courage later. Bitch.
>>
>>123769
he's distracting from the fact that he's been in significant debt to deutsche bank for a while now and they've repackaged and sold his toxic debt to russians and chinese since nobody reputable wanted it anymore.
>>
>>123258
I wonder if this explains why Germany has been transferring all its gold stock out of storage in the USA and back to the motherland.
>>
>>123258
>In a truly cringe-worthy scene, the US President appeared to completely blank requests to shake his guest Angela Merkel’s hand.
propaganda
>>
>>123353
Dumb ass
>>
>>123762
France has been a fairweather friend to many but a strong unwavering ally it has never been. Less recently than the freedom fries incidents of iraq, the frog faggots started nuking shit in the pacific even thoygh we would of armed them with nuke ordnance if it had come to it. Nearly quits Nato, saying that they will provide their own defence coordination. I highly recommend reading up on french-nato relationship.
>>
>>123877
France basically feels as tho nato or no nato they can use the rest of you euro trash as meatshields to take on an over extended, tired russo army. Thats what the rest of you europeans mean to the french body politik. A convienient damper to allow them to hide shit and roll out the carpet for the new fuhrer of the land.
>>
>>123874
The video of this moment is particularly interesting because Trump sits there like a petulant chld, bad boy, staring straight ahead, stubborn . .. while Merkel is waiting for the simple and predictable gesture of diplomacy by a host leader. Trump thinks he is making some kind of point but, actually, just gave Merkel the thumbs up for her re-election and made all his right wing followers in Europe and Russia look as ignorant as he is . . ..
>>
>>123762
>kraut
>btfo anything
cant even sell cars to burgerclaps kek.
>>
>>123877
>>123879

le_leurre.jpg
>>
>>123258
I bet somewhere, a Greek man is laughing that now it is his master's turn to pay debts.
>>
>>123892
this. Merkel came out as winner, "liberal" Germans love her even more now
>>
>>123874
>propaganda
everyone can see the video. Also, what do you think "appeared to be" means?
>>
>>123919
Germany could write that check without a second thought, far away from the bankruptcy greece is currently mired in.
>>
>>123926
Oh no Germany is going to make a bad decision!
>>
>>123874
>propaganda
propaganda
>>
>>123762
Krauts were BTFO twice by the USA with much smaller disparities of power.What makes you think the underfunded bundeswehr could be more than a speedbump?
>>
>>124670
>Krauts were BTFO twice by the USA
Yeah, sure buddy. It's not like the French in WWI or the Soviets in WWII did anything at all, right?
>>
>>123258
>Only the US and four other Nato members – including the UK – currently reach the alliance’s benchmark of spending on defence which is 2% of GDP.
Nope, look this shit up.
The 2% goal is something most members have agreed to work their way up to by 2024.
The original NATO charter just says they have to "maintain and develop their individual and collective capacity to resist armed attack.", with no numbers given.
Iceland was given a special exception since they don't have a military to begin with.

Trump also seems to think the 2% is money owed to the U.S. which was never the case.

Funny thing is, according to British Intelligence, Carter Page was paid an unspecified broker fee on a 1.9 billion dollar Russian company sale in exchange for (among other things) getting Trump to chastise NATO members for not spending more on their military.
He was also supposedly paid to have the GOP remove military aid for the Ukraine from their party platform, which did happen, at the Trump campaign team's insistence.
>>
why does Trump want everyone to start spending more on defense? what is the point of every country having massive militaries, if there is no war?

and, doesn't Germany have no actual military? I thought they just had a self defense force. what the hell would they spend all that money on, if they aren't actually going to project any force outside their own borders?
>>
>>124729
>why does Trump want everyone to start spending more on defense?
he doesn't

the answer to the rest of your questions is *fart noise*
>>
>>124723
I think you're missing the point. These guys are only able to spend so little on defense because the U.S. Is spending is much. They're subsidized. The U.S. Defense budget is paying for Europe's welfare state.
>>
>>124729
If Western Europe has a bigger military, U.S. can spend less on defense. West is stronger if everybody spends a reasonable amount than if one guy does all the work. Also Americans feel less abused for subsidizing European welfare states, which are paid for by U.S. Defense spending.
>>
>>124742
I really don't want any of those idiot building bombs.
>>
>>123892
>>123919
The choice is between merkel and shulz. Honestly it'd be better for the germans to keep merkel over schulz, at least she makes an attempt at pretending to care what the people actually want. Instead of European/bank shill.
>>
>>124723
If the US is paying all the fee for Nato and other countries aren't paying their share, then yes they owe the US money.

Also good, fuck the ukraine. They're a bunch of neofacists anyway. There is no beneficial reason for us to be there anyway.
>>
>>123258
As a German, this outrages me. Weren't we NATOs first line of defense during most of the Cold War, with 2000 Leopard 2s at the ready?
>>
>>127168
pay your fair share
>>
While I can understand the sentiment of wanting NATO states to contribute to their own defense, the idea of european countries with sizable military again is unsettling since they'll effectively be arming the new eurabian-african caliphate.
>>
>>124742
Except a strong 99% of our defense is domestic and creating pricey weapons. Even if we cut nato, our defense budget would still be bloated
>>124735
Except he does , his "budget" basically cut a bunch domestic programs and pushed the pile onto defense while giving a pinch of it to the VA
>>
>>127168
Trump and his supporters considers you and China to be the number one threat to conservative US/Russian aspirations. Germany is one of the remaining pillars of the old post-WWII global order, something that they want to throw out, so expect more snubbing and shitflinging. If they could get Germany to react in kind, then they'd have an excuse to break off and seek closer ties/push other anti-establishment right wing parties like Jobbik and Front National.
>>
>>127243
>implying we and Russia won't join hands to butfuck Germany again
>implying that the irony that the politics have been swapped with Russia/America on the right side while Germany and Japan are the weak liberal democratic states wasn't preordained by Kek
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.