[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steve Bannon under criminal investigation on voter registration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

File: steve-bannon[1].jpg (129KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
steve-bannon[1].jpg
129KB, 1368x1026px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/during-his-political-rise-stephen-k-bannon-was-a-man-with-no-fixed-address/2017/03/11/89866f4c-0285-11e7-ad5b-d22680e18d10_story.html?utm_term=.f0f1ff8b23ef

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/steve-bannon-voter-fraud-criminal-investigation-donald-trump-adviser-white-house-a7626721.html

>President Donald Trump's chief strategist Steve Bannon is reportedly under "an active criminal" investigation for voter registration fraud.

>Mr Bannon is being investigated after he registered to vote in Florida while he owned a house in Southern California and regularly stayed in New York and Washington, DC, The Washington Post reports.

>He is registered to vote in at a vacant house in Miami, which is due to be demolished.
>>
>>121524
>http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/steve-bannon-voter-fraud-criminal-investigation-donald-trump-adviser-white-house-a7626721.html

Jeff Sesson will bail him out: mark my words.
>>
>>121524
Maybe they should have checked his valid government issued photo ID...
>>
>>121524
Just another attempt by Clinton to steal the election. Trump won. It's now May. Get over it.
>>
>>121527
if he does, we're officially a third world government
>>
>>121570
>It's now May.
Trumpfans confirmed for out of touch with reality.
>>
>>121581
Maybe he is a time traveler?
>>
>>121584
They'll still be bitching about Hillary in May.

Who would have guessed?
>>
>>121524
Nothing OP has stated is supported by either article

From the WaPo:
>Three neighbors interviewed by The Post said they were confident Bannon had not lived at the home.
>At least two people filed complaints about Bannon with the Florida Department of State, claiming he had committed voter fraud by asserting he was a resident, documents show. In October, the department said the complaints did not merit an investigation.
>Officials from the State Attorney’s Office for Miami-Dade County, which is led by an elected Democrat, declined to provide details about their probe into Bannon’s residency claim. In denying a Post request for documents about the investigation, officials cited confidentiality rules for “active criminal investigative information.”
>State law does not clearly define residency, according to an official who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

From the Independent, which is an echo of the WaPo article and is essentially reporting what they're reporting:
>However, Mr Bannon did not vote in Florida which is likely to lower the odds of the investigation against him coming to prosecution.

This is what the term "fake news" refers to. Taking things out of context, distorting facts, and just straight up lying.
>>
>>121608

All that seems to have been done to this story is change 'was under investigation' into 'is under investigation' inferring from the refusal to comment on a complaints that they might have merit.

It's the sort of lie Trump likes to tell.

Still waiting for him to reveal how he knows Obama was having him wiretapped.
>>
>>121608
You left out the parts about how he was registered in California, then registered in florida for tax evasion purposes, and finally voted in NYC.

>That month, Bannon registered to vote in New York from a Manhattan condo overlooking Bryant Park and later cast an absentee ballot in the presidential election. Because he was registered in two places, he was later removed from Florida’s voter rolls.

>Under Florida law, it is a third-degree felony to provide false information on a voter registration application. It is punishable by up to five years in prison. First-time offenders are rarely given more than probation, something that could also lead to the loss of a security clearance.
>>
>>121612
>All that seems to have been done to this story is change 'was under investigation' into 'is under investigation' inferring from the refusal to comment on a complaints that they might have merit.

No, not that they might have merit, simply that there might be an investigation going on. WaPo's own investigation couldn't turn anything up criminal. You are injecting what you want to see into the headlines and attempting to read into shit that's not there. This is what I'm talking about, you're speculating. You have fixated on an outcome you believe to be true and you are trying to make the evidence support it.

>It's the sort of lie Trump likes to tell.
Stop peddling your garbage fucking agenda for two seconds. Jesus fucking christ you fucking zombie.

>Still waiting for him to reveal how he knows Obama was having him wiretapped.
He's probably waiting to compile the evidence, not that it isn't already readily apparent.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/trump-russia-associates-investigation.html

>American law enforcement and intelligence agencies are examining intercepted communications and financial transactions as part of a broad investigation into possible links between Russian officials and associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump, including his former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, current and former senior American officials said.
>The F.B.I. is leading the investigations, aided by the National Security Agency, the C.I.A. and the Treasury Department’s financial crimes unit. The investigators have accelerated their efforts in recent weeks but have found no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, the officials said. One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House.
>>
>>121614
>You left out the parts about how he was registered in California
>finally voted in NYC.
Which if true, is not illegal.

>The Post found that Bannon left a negligible footprint in Florida. He did not get a Florida driver’s license or register a car in the state. He never voted in Florida, and neighbors near two homes he leased in Miami said they never saw him. His rent and utility bills were sent to his business manager in California.

Constant mentions of court documents seeking information, nothing on what was actually ever found.

Wild speculation after wild speculation after wild speculation after wild speculation after wild speculation after wild speculation after wild speculation after wild speculation after wild speculation after wild speculation after wild speculation after wild speculation.

>then registered in Florida for tax evasion purposes
No evidence to support this claim beyond more wild speculation from the Guardian, as mentioned in the article. Watch that petard.
>>
>>121623
In addition to sticking your head in the sand over the aforementioned points, you also left out the context that Trump himself called it illegal and railed against the practice of registering in two states during the campaign:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-steve-bannon-white-house-chief-strategy-adviser-registered-vote-two-states-voter-fraud-a7546146.html
>>
>>121625
>n addition to sticking your head in the sand over the aforementioned points
>addressed several points, hence wall of greentext
>stick head in the sand
Pick one. Am I failing to address this point as well or are you just starting to disassociate again?

>you also left out the context that Trump himself called it illegal railed against the practice of registering in two states during the campaign
From that article's fucking secondary headline:
>It is not illegal to register in two states – it is only illegal to cast two ballots

As you put it, "it's the sort of lie Trump likes to tell." :^)
>>
>>121620
>Stop peddling your garbage fucking agenda for two seconds.

Trump lies all the time. Stop pretending he doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvAKROiwk4

>https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/trump-russia-associates-investigation.html

Now you're injecting extra meaning into stories.

Nowhere in that does it even mention Obama's name.
Some how you think it explains Trumps claim that Obama had him wiretapped.

Obama ordering that would be highly irregular possibly illegal, yet not even the President seems able to provide evidence.

>>121628
>As you put it, "it's the sort of lie Trump likes to tell." :^)
Dude I'm over here.
>>
>>121629
>Trump lies all the time. Stop pretending he doesn't.
He's never lied about anything that matters.

He said something like, "this was the biggest win ever."

Thst was the boggest "lie" and honestly who gives a shit? Lol
>>
>>121629
>Stephen Colbert's Talk Show is evidence of Trump lying
Yeah no. I'm not watching that 'fiction for comedy show written by team of comedic writers' bit to know Trump lies. He's a politician. You do however have a very clear agenda. Don't lie like a hypocrite now.

>Now you're injecting extra meaning into stories.
Not at all.

>Nowhere in that does it even mention Obama's name.
He was President at the time.
>Obama ordering that would be highly irregular possibly illegal, yet not even the President seems able to provide evidence.
http://college.cengage.com/polisci/schubert/law_legal_process/9e/assets/students/additional_cases/schubert_9e_additional_cases_ch04_03.pdf

Also
>https://heatst.com/world/exclusive-fbi-granted-fisa-warrant-covering-trump-camps-ties-to-russia/
>https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts
>FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials. The Fisa court turned down the application asking FBI counter-intelligence investigators to narrow its focus. According to one report, the FBI was finally granted a warrant in October, but that has not been confirmed, and it is not clear whether any warrant led to a full investigation.

I'm guess this is where you play that tired out defense of how Obama, despite being executive in chief, has absolutely no idea of anything going on in the executive branch?

Also don't forget: https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/838086840515112960 - former Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau:
>I'd be careful about reporting that Obama said there was no wiretapping. Statement just said that neither he nor the WH ordered it.
>>
>>121634
It starts with a simple example of Trump exaggerating so much he must know he's lying.

>You do however have a very clear agenda. Don't lie like a hypocrite now.

Against habitual liars like you and Trump. Yes I'll admit to that.

>play that tired out defense
You already missed it mate.
>highly irregular possibly illegal

What Trump's done is cried wolf blaming Obama.
He'll provide no evidence because there is none.
>>
>>121645
How much is Shareblue paying you?
>>
>>121645
>He'll provide no evidence because there is none.

Yeah, what about that Wikileaks story that broke a while ago that backed our big man Don up?
>>
>>121645
>It starts with a simple example of Trump exaggerating so much he must know he's lying.
Well if you FEEL that way, then it MUST be true. "post fact world", am I right, prog and fellow resistance member?

>Against habitual liars like you and Trump. Yes I'll admit to that.
Given the amount of evidence and sources I have posted in this thread, that you have ignored, I'm just gonna go ahead and say "no u."

>You already missed it mate.
Thanks for admitting to playing a tired out and baseless defense, saves me the time of having to refute it. Whew!

>What Trump's done is cried wolf blaming Obama.
>He'll provide no evidence because there is none.
Again, given the amount of evidence and sources I have posted in this thread, that you have ignored, as per usual, I'm just gonna go ahead and say "lol k".
>>
>>121647
Please. He does it for free.
>>
>U.S. President Donald Trump makes frequent false claims about matters big and small. The Star is planning to track them all.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/24/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-check-updates.html
>>
>>121655
>When you've abandoned all of your arguments save one and are reduced to posting The Star
It's time to stop posting.
>>
>>121654
So you're saying he is afforded absolutely no monetary compensation for his efforts?
>>
>“[E]ntire Jacuzzi bathtub seems to have been covered in acid,” the landlord wrote in the February 2015 email to Bannon.

We breaking bad now
>>
Liberalism should be classified as some sort of brain disease. Culling lefties is almost a mercy if you think about it like that.
>>
>>121659
These online calls to violence are really pathetic.
>>
>>121659
Oh look, another right wing extremist is calling for partisan cleansing again. That's so rare on 4chan.
>>
>>121660
>>121661
I never called for violence. Stop being such pussies. Besides, its not like the left isn't calling for the extermination of whites.
>>
>>121662
Please /pol/, as much as you may think it is, /news/ is not /n/ or /new/.
>>
>>121656
I didn't think I was arguing anything other than Trump being a liar and this 'Obama Wiretapping' just another of his frequent distortions.

You can have a more serious discussion of the dangers of a lying leader if you like

https://www.ft.com/content/bbd596d8-e14e-11e6-8405-9e5580d6e5fb
>>
I honestly feel like the washinton post sent a journalist to investigate Bannon and he came up with basically nothing and they felt they had to publish it anyways.

Maybe worth looking at since Bannon is one of the most powerful men in the world right now, but it seems to me like he registered and then just forgot about it later on while he was living in NY.

>>121659
>>121662
Your focus on left or right, white or black is tribalist jargon. It's the machine that matters, not the stupid shitty people.
>>
>>121608
>This is what the term "fake news" refers to. Taking things out of context, distorting facts
Is it? I thought that was called "embarassingly extreme spin", whereas "fake news" was reserved for blatant falsehoods such as "Hillary has Parkinson's and her bodyguard is actually her low key doctor" or "Trump raped all these 13 year old girls".

I honestly don't know though, everyone has been throwing that term around like ones in a strip club so I guess it really doesn't mean anything at all anymore.
>>
>>121732
Your first paragraph SHOULD be right, but as your second paragraph states, it has devolved into just another buzzword like meme or cuck on 4chan.
>>
>>121581
>ALTERNATIVE TIME
>>
>>121588
buddy, nobody's talking about Clinton but you. We're talking about the blatant corruption in the white house, which is run and staffed by daddy Trump
>>
>>121632
everything he's lied about would be very important if any of it was true. Millions of illegal votes? Being illegally wiretapped by the previous administration? those are both matters of national security, and the only reason they don't matter is because they aren't true. How can you justify a president who has lied almost on a daily basis since he has been in office, regardless if the lies are "important" or not?
>>
>>121650
oh yeah. "that one" that leaked "a while ago" that totally "backed up Don". I know exactly which one you're talking about because you posted a link to go with your extremely specific statement
>>
>>121662
I guess we've hit the point of "melanin doesn't define an individual" = "kill all whites"
>>
>>121776
You're being deliberately obtuse, he's clearly talking about the vault 7 leaks
>>
>>121775
>Millions of illegal votes
I heard this as well.

And the wiretapping is true.

Wake up sheeple....
>>
>>121996
can you provide any substantial evidence for either of those claims?
>>
>>122242
Street smarts. Evidence will take a couple weeks.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.