[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spicer and Journalists Laugh about Trump Lying About American

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 1

File: 1461606333021.jpg (207KB, 1434x1464px) Image search: [Google]
1461606333021.jpg
207KB, 1434x1464px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ras3_dPW3M

Touting the first jobs report of Donald Trump’s tenure, White House press secretary Sean Spicer claimed without evidence Friday that the jobs figures “may have been phony in the past, but it’s very real now.”

Spicer, addressing reporters at the afternoon briefing, did not back up the assertion that previous federal jobs reports were “phony,” as Trump repeatedly said during the campaign without backing up the claim. But Spicer nonetheless confirmed that the president believes the figures are legitimate now that they signal economic growth under his administration.

“In the past, the president has referred to particular job reports as phony or totally fiction,” a reporter asked. “Does the president believe that this jobs report was accurate and a fair way to measure the economy?”

“I talked to the president prior to this, and he said to quote him very clearly,” Spicer said. “They may have been phony in the past, but it’s very real now.”

Trump and Spicer were quick on Friday to tout the new jobs numbers from the Labor Department, which found that employers added 235,000 jobs to the economy in February and put unemployment at 4.7 percent. The report beat analysts' expectations.

Trump, though, had repeatedly disparaged the federal government’s calculation of unemployment throughout his presidential campaign, making a series of claims that independent fact checkers debunked. He once mused incorrectly that unemployment was really 42 percent when the government pegged it at 5.1 percent.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-monthly-jobs-numbers-sean-spicer-235936
>>
I expect Trump to lie, it doesnt really matter what the president says anymore.
>>
>>120934
Stay butthurt

>TRUMP LIED ABOUT SOME SHIT THAT DOESN'T MATTER
>why isn't anybody listening?
>>
When I watched that video, I was pretty amazed. The press secretary was basically admitting to the press corps that the president can not (and by implication, should not) be taken by his word.
I mean, this had already been obvious to pretty much everyone but to have his most senior and most important communications delegate admit it is still remarkable.
>>
>>120985
Im 100% positive that's not what happened, and I haven't watched it.

This is based on every day since Trump announced his campaign.

Cry wolf moar. Trump is becoming invincible.

At this point, I'll be worried when liberals stop crying.
>>
>>120988
Well, you'll feel the same once he's left office, so no loss there.
>>
>>120985
The problem is a lot people do believe him. They think him sounding confident while spewing BS is "refreshing" or something. Like it doesn't matter what he says, as long as he's convinced and sounds confident while saying it.
>>
>>120992
Doesn't even make sense
>>
>>120996
>Implying Trump lasts forever

Wake up.

Whatever the fuck you think is going on, it's just another election cycle. Oh? What's that? You think this time is special?

Yeah, you're special.
>>
>>120988
I watched the vid before it was posted here.
What happens in the video is this:
A journalist asks Spicer for comment regarding the fact that Trump used to deride federal unemployment numbers as "bogus" and "phony" but now takes credit for new jobs and sinking unemployment based on those numbers. Spicer cracks up and replies "I talked to the president about that and he said to quote him very clearly: they used to be phony, but they're very real now."
I mean, what is this if not an admission that Trump's public statements can not be taken seriously? There is no argument here that I can see.
You are right in that Trump is becoming invincible, but I'm not sure it's a good thing for anyone - he is establishing himself to be a bullshitter and making blatantly false statements from official outlets the new normal. Eroding the credibility of the federal government like this might be Steve Bannon's wet dream, but I seriously doubt that it's a good thing.
You can't produce any tangible benefit to the country from "liberal tears".
>>
>>121003
Not reading this. But it says:

>i dont like Trump!
>>
>>121021
There is a difference between "I don't like trump" and "Trump is objectively horrible". The poster was referring to the later.
>>
>>121021
>I don't like reading
>>
>>120968
The lie isnt the big deal, it's him slamming the job numbers as fake for years under Obama. He slammed them several times on the news and made his position very clear, he called them fake and that the real number was much higher.

He got your vote off of that shit.
>>
>>121028
I have been reading the same anti-Trump rhetoric for over a year now.

You might think its original. It's not. You people are stuck on repeat, bashing your heas against the wall.

The only reason you even get replies is because some of us are hopeful you can see the light. Others take it as sn excuse to mock you.

He's just a fucking guy who works hard and loves America, elected by people wjo get that. It is the most simple phenomenon of my life and you leftists refuse to understand.
>>
>>121033
Nope. I dont care about whatever numbers you're talking about.

You don't get it.
>>
>>120931
>Sean Spicer claimed without evidence Friday that the jobs figures “may have been phony in the past, but it’s very real now.”

It's weird not being able to trust at least some of what your government says. All politicians lie, but why does 99% of everything the current administration says have to be complete and utter horseshit?
>>
>>120968
Why would you trust someone who lies about petty things to tell you the truth about stuff that matters?
>>
>>121052
>W-why d-don't t-they l-like m-my h-horrible t-taste in w-waifu
>>
>>121058
Why would I care about something that doesn't matter

He talks like a regular person

The only people who look bad are liberal crying wolf a flipping their shit for nothing.

That might be the point, dummy. This politics shit is bigger than what we see on the surface.

Trump is destroying the democrat partys image, all while imptoving his own. He hasn't even organized any republicans to do anything yet.

>>121065
I wish you'd learn about history and the world so you'd understand this better.

America and Trump are the good guys.
>>
>>120968
>>121021
>>121071
What's the pay like as a shill these days?
>>
>>121112
This is charity for my country. Cry more.
>>
>>121071

That's an impressive amount of spin. Well done.
>>
>>121133
Thanks you fuckin homo
>>
>>121130
Whatever you say, Ivan.
>>
>>121144
>russia elected the "America first" president
>not the woman who gave them Uranium

Damn this is layers of idiocy
>>
>>121153
>not the woman who gave them Uranium
Demonstrable nonsense. Russia purchased an American energy company; Hillary had no authority as Secretary of State to stop the transaction. Nor was there any reason to.

>russia elected the "America first" president

Trump says a lot of things.

Ironic that "America first" for Trump meant isolationism in which we bring the relevance of NATO into question and consider warming relations with Putin.
>>
>>121166
>Demonstrable nonsense
Please stop embarrassing yourself.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

>Hillary had no authority as Secretary of State to stop the transaction.
Why would she? The Clinton Foundation profited immensely from it.

>As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.
>And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.
>>
>>121166
>isolationism
Yes, i heard this "criticism" about 1 day into his campaign.

And you haven't stopped sperging since.

And you wonder why his supporters don't take you seriously.
>>
>>120931
No one gives a shit about this tho
>>
>>120931
They stopped counting ppl that stopped looking for work

The only thing keeping the economy going is the FED pumping money into wall street.

The second they talk about raising interest rates the markets start to have a fit.

1.Debt is growing
2. The little jobs that are created are part time and low paying
3. consumer confidence is low
4. GDP is barely growing
5. poverty rate increasing
6. ppl that own homes is at an all time low
7. us credit rating LOWERED
8. middle class is disappearing
9. money printing
10. insurance costs increasing
11. avg family savings is practically nothing
12. labor force participation is dropping

basically what is happening
1.Borrow too much money from banks
2.raise taxes
3. break "revenue" records
4. still not enought to cover the debt
5.raise the debt limit
6.repeat

a country that does this can NOT survive (I think they are doing it on purpose)

Right now the usa...the WORLD economy is built on a house of cards..The money isnt real it doesnt exist.
Trump is trying to change this......
>>
>>121237
I heard Russia wants to pront their own money

Pls, Russia don't cause ww4
>>
>>121071
Ignorant, stupid, and proud.

Gotcha.
>>
>>121242
It's to be expected from these fucking MY CANDIDATE RIGHT OR WRONG people.

Altright people have been digging their heads into the fucking sand about every single trump administration controversy for more than a month now. They will willfully ignore every bit of incompetence and malfeasence no matter how big or how blatent as long as they can guffaw at pictures of anguished liberal arts psychotics.
>>
>>121242
>Gotcha.

Wrong, and that's why you lost, pussy a$$ nigga. That's TWO dolla bills for each of the elections Trump will win, bitch
>>
>>121071
Holy shit, you mother fuckers have an excuse for EVERYTHING.

Can't say you voted for Trump but disagree with one thing, people will say you're just a liberal lying on the internet. You literally have to back every single lie the administration says to be a true republican apparently.

Bipartisan politics needs to die quickly. You fags don't care about the country as much as you want to prove yourself "right" about backing Trump, so quit pretending. He's an idiot, a liar, and a crook with so many conflicts on interest it makes heads spin every day.

You were fooled into backing yet another politician, that happens to have deeper pockets and plans on lining them further.
>>
>>121259
You're a sad, sad child.
>>
>>121260
please look up labor participation rate.

The unemployment numbers are not great. There was an effort to manipulate the numbers.

If the unemployment numbers were accurate why isnt the economy growing?

Obama strategy was to borrow borrow borrow and pretend that everything was ok
>>
>>121260
>Can't say you voted for Trump but disagree with one thing, people will say you're just a liberal lying on the internet. You literally have to back every single lie the administration says to be a true republican apparently
Not true. There's a difference between disagreeing and talking shit to discredit him.

I disagree with him alot.

For instance, I am disgusted by something he said, regarding that he ought to lose some weight.

I want more President to love, the more the better.
>>
>>121262
$uck my cock$
>>
>>121237
>Right now the usa...the WORLD economy is built on a house of cards..The money isnt real it doesnt exist.
>Trump is trying to change this......
...Trying to change it by funneling more money to the top 1% and increasing the national debt by such obscene amounts that they're trying to shove bills through before the Congressional Budget Office can even calculate the costs?
In case you hadn't noticed, most of the shit you mentioned first started when the US fell for the Reaganomics meme, and we've been slowly regressing to the economic state of the 1920s ever since. The Republican party loves to cut government spending by trivial amounts for things like PBS, only to turn around and announce that we need to increase spending by obscene amounts for the military and on stupid crap like a wall that won't do jack shit.
If you want to fix the country you need to tax the hell out of the rich like we did in the mid 20th century- you chucklefucks wank off to "the good ol' days" of the 50s and 60s while ignoring that the economic policies of that period were the exact opposite of what Republicans push. This country needs another FDR, not Agent Orange.
>>
>>121267
Too tiny to fit my mouth around. Got a pair of tweezers I can use instead?
>>
>>121277

This.

The top 20% hold 93% of the nation's wealth. That means that 80% of the citizens of our country are fighting over the 7% scraps left to us by our wealthy masters. That was in 2011. Do you think the disparity is more or less now?

When you tax the richest of the rich, you have the money needed to take care of those who can't take care of themselves. Government exists to provide to its citizens the things an individual cannot provide to himself for the public good. If a nation can be judged by how it treats the least of its citizens, then perhaps the US should be judged harshly.
>>
>>121278
That doesn't make any sense. And No.
>>
>>120931
>http://imgur.com/a/Y01wW
>>
>>121305
>linking to an image hoster on an imageboard
Really?
>>
>>121308
only images allowed to be posted on /new/ are the OP

Essentially this image shows how trump came up with the number, and its from a paper he would actually read from, The Financial Times, who do you think he would trust more the TFT or his own government, who has constantly shat on his whole campaign, and has actually wiretapped his staff as admitted by a government official and certain media outlets.

Americans are right retards, it's like talking to a three year old and telling them why bashing their head on cement is bad for them, yet they persist.
>>
>>121311
As far as I can tell his staff was never wiretapping, they just kept talking to people who were wiretapped. If it was otherwise I'd accept it if you had a source that directly claims his staff was wiretapping.

Where he got his information is moot in this specific case. Unless he provides some evidence he got 35% of the population a job in the past two months he is either lying bow about how accurate the numbers are or he was lying then. Because he states definitively the numbers were phony then and true now, and the accounting hasn't changed at all, so he is either a low effort liar or fucking reality is broken.
>>
>>121305
>"60% of the population is employed, 40% is not"

Ohhh, I see now, after reading the rest. They're talking about the entire population including those not seeking work, like children, housewives, the infirmed, etc., and making a macroeconomic judgement based on that.

That is completely different from an unemployment rate.
>>
>>121237
They've raised rates twice in the past year and the market was fine with it.

They're raising rates later this week and the market is already fine with it.
>>
>>120988
>Im 100% positive that's not what happened, and I haven't watched it.
>I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG, LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!!
lol, Yer average Trump supporter.
>>
Certain portions of this thread read eerily like a politico/RCP/etc comment section with some more profanity. Y'all need to cut this shit out.
>>
>>120968
>>TRUMP LIED ABOUT SOME SHIT THAT DOESN'T MATTER
>>121058
>Why would you trust someone who lies about petty things

Actually, the ironic part is that after the last 7 years of economic recovery, unemployment is so low that "muh jobs" really aren't much of an issue, despite Trump's claims (lies) during the election.

At first, Trump said "the real unemployment rate is 15%", and people cheered.
Then he said "the real unemployment rate is 25%", and people cheered louder.
he kept going, until he claimed the "real" unemployment rate was 42%, which would mean that for every 3 people that had jobs, there were 2 people that just couldn't find work,
If only the Trumprtards had cheered louder, they might have gotten him to claim that nobody in America had a job.
>>
>>121327
He was not really lying in any extent though, he was just obscuring data to create press interest over an issue to highlight it to the general population.

And yet the American media STILL fall for the same free marketing technique he has used his whole campaign, the only way to win against him is just not to report anything on him.

>>121315
>they just kept talking to people who were wiretapped
This makes little difference at all
>>
>>121365
"muh 4-d chess"
nigger, please
He just said whatever it took to get elected (by a minority of voters), regardless of you attempts to connect his statements to reality.
There's no deeper thought process than that.
>>
>>121365
>the only way to win against him is just not to report anything on him.
That's just retarded.
>Don't report on him and let him do whatever he wants more so than he currently does, it'll totally defeat him guy
>>121311
>his own government
citation needed
>>
>>121367
>He just said whatever it took to get elected (by a majority of states)
Winning more state election > winning national popular vote.
Welcome to the Republic. Grab a civics textbook and chill out.

So, if there's an 'extreme market correction', how much y'all want to bet "it's still Obama's fiscal year!!111!!" will become "TRUMP'S FAULT" within 3.72 seconds?
>>
>>121377
>Winning more state election > winning national popular vote.
He didn't convince states to vote for him. He convinced 28% of registered voters to vote for him.
We all know how the electoral college works, and we all know it's what really counts.
My point is the EC , and a lack of voter participation means he only needs to sway a small portion of easily-influenced voters by appealing to their darker emotions.

tl;dr: telling the truth or appealing to the majority with rational arguments isn't the path to the white house
>>
>>121377
Probably, since the economic policies sustaining our growth and employment are Obama-era. Once new Republican legislation begins to take effect, they begin to own more of the outcomes.

To be fair, Trump's mere election was a source of optimism for plenty of folks which probably potentiated market performance to some degree but we shouldn't ignore that since employment was at 94% and our GDP growth was at 2% per anum at the end of Obama's term. That was the foundation upon which we could be optimistic about the future.
>>
>>121377
>So, if there's an 'extreme market correction',
>implying unemployment hasn't been falling steadily for the last 7 years
>also implying the majority of the press hates Trump because they just don't like Republicans in general
>>
>>121381
>He didn't convince states to vote for him.
Yes he did, hence him having more electoral votes.

>He convinced 28% of registered voters to vote for him.
How about putting down that count as a % of people who actually voted and not being a disingenuous prick?
The votes he got won him more states and more electoral votes.

This is not a bug, this is a feature.
The system isn't broken, it was designed specifically to not be based on the national popular vote.

>We all know how the electoral college works, and we all know it's what really counts.
And yet you continue to kick and scream about him somehow not actually winning the election.

>My point is the EC , and a lack of voter participation means he only needs to sway a small portion of easily-influenced voters by appealing to their darker emotions.
Then it should have been absolutely no issue for Dear Leader Hillary to rally the people on the "right side of history" as you prog-zombies like to refer to yourselves to overcome people who are apparently comically evil and bad and stupid.

Or... or just maybe... life isn't a YA fiction novel and you're not the heroic resistance fighters you think you are. Occam's Razor.

>telling the truth or appealing to the majority with rational arguments isn't the path to the white house
"Because you'd be in jail" was rational enough to strike home with enough people.

>>121383
>we shouldn't ignore that since employment was at 94% and our GDP growth was at 2% per anum at the end of Obama's term
Muh baseless propaganda.

>>121384
>implying unemployment hasn't been falling steadily for the last 7 years
People being unemployed so long they're disqualified for unemployment and have stopped actively seeking full time work =/= falling unemployment.

Any more falsehood's from Robert Reich's cheap bag of tricks? Or are we still trying to sell an increase in unemployment as an '"increase in potential employees"?
>>
>>121388
>How about putting down that count as a % of people who actually voted and not being a disingenuous prick?
Well, the 42% of people that stayed home weren't convinced by his arguments.
They were also told "if you don't go vote, Hillary will surely win".
>>121388
>The system isn't broken, it was designed specifically to not be based on the national popular vote.
It was designed to preserve the status-quo of the British class system, with the "better people" from the "right families" meeting in secret to pick the POTUS.
The original system didn't involve a popular vote at all.
And I'm not claiming above that the system is broken, just that you don't win by appealing o the majority.
If I wanted to claim the founding father's vision was being betrayed, I'd point out the fact that the founders didn't trust the people with the power to elect the president because they feared that would lead to a populist demagogue (like Trump) coming to power.

The rest of your post is just an elaborate strawman that points out the absurd lengths you need to go to to promote/justify your pro-trump views, until you get to this:

>People being unemployed so long they're disqualified for unemployment and have stopped actively seeking full time work =/= falling unemployment.
If so many are out of work, why aren't we seeing massive camps of homeless drifters, like during the 1930's?
Why are most economic indicators thriving, and the best you can do to denigrate the Obama-era economy is complain it isn't growing as fast as 20th century economic recoveries???
>>
>>121365
Who was wiretapped makes a big difference because it decides whether it was legal or not.
>>
>>121402
Was somebody wiretapped?

I bet it was one of those microwave cameras.

>Keeping you focused on the media circus is part of the plan.
>>
>>121395
>Well, the 42% of people that stayed home weren't convinced by his arguments.
Nor hers, apparently, seeing as how she lost.

>They were also told "if you don't go vote, Hillary will surely win".
How'd that pan out?

>It was designed to preserve the status-quo of the British class system, with the "better people" from the "right families" meeting in secret to pick the POTUS.
[citation needed]

>If I wanted to claim the founding father's vision was being betrayed, I'd point out the fact that the founders didn't trust the people with the power to elect the president
[citation needed]

You don't seem to know a single correct and/or credible thing about the founding fathers, their intentions, or the original framework they gave for our government. Yet you talk about them like you do. Amazing.

>The rest of your post is just an elaborate strawman that points out the absurd lengths you need to go to to promote/justify your pro-trump views,
False dichotomy. Pointing out you're a useful idiot dancing to the tune of the IC doesn't make me a Trump supporter.
>>
>>121411
Continuing for>>121395

>If so many are out of work, why aren't we seeing massive camps of homeless drifters, like during the 1930's?
https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2016/02/americas-tent-cities-for-the-homeless/462450/
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/11/how-silicon-valley-created-americas-largest-homeless-camp/431739/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tent_cities_in_the_United_States
https://placesjournal.org/article/tent-city-america/
>"Tent cities are now so common that advocates are campaigning to make them semi-permanent settlements of micro-housing. But is this a genuine solution or merely a quick fix?"

>>121395
>Why are most economic indicators thriving
[citation needed]

>and the best you can do to denigrate the Obama-era economy is complain it isn't growing as fast as 20th century economic recoveries???
Because the reasons for it not growing as fast- or at all- are the same reasons the US Depression in the early 20th century was prolonged.

Try cracking a textbook publish after 95.
>>
>>121411
more distraction

makes you a useful idiot
>>
>>121415
>stop talking about this or ur stupid
>>
>>121428
>stop talking about this

I'm sorry I missed to part of your post that related to employment figures.

You're probably right though, ruminating on the intentions of the founding fathers is the real story here.
>>
>>120931
Just for shits and giggles, I'd like to see the economy go down the shitter, and Trump reelected.

Bush would have done better, and that's saying something.
>>
>>121057
Because his voters were retarded enough to vote for someone whose platform was literally "I'm not lying this time, honest"
>>
>>120988
Is Trump the new Jim Jones?
>>
>>121231
Demonstrably incorrect btw
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.