[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leaked emails reveal Nigel Farage's long-standing links

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: 58c28297dd0895583d8b4cff-891.png (41KB, 891x240px) Image search: [Google]
58c28297dd0895583d8b4cff-891.png
41KB, 891x240px
Emails leaked to Business Insider show long-standing links between Nigel Farage and WikiLeaks' Julian Assange.

>Farage visited the Ecuadorean Embassy on Thursday but declined to say whether he had met Assange, who lives in exile there.

>UKIP has campaigned in the European Parliament on behalf of Assange.
LONDON — There was much confusion Thursday when Nigel Farage was spotted by BuzzFeed leaving the Ecuadorian Embassy in London — the residence of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

>Asked why he was there, Farage replied that he couldn't remember what he was doing in the building, adding, "I never discuss where I go or who I see."

>Emails leaked to Business Insider, however, reveal that UKIP under Farage's leadership had long-standing links to Assange.

>In February 2011, after a European Arrest Warrant had been issued in a case in which prosecutors sought to question Assange in connection with a sexual-assault allegation, UKIP repeatedly reached out to Assange to see how they could work together. Assange has not been charged in the case.

>The office of UKIP MEP Gerard Batten contacted Assange's lawyer Mark Stephens about "the possibility of meeting Mr Julian Assange."

>They added: "So far, UKIP London has been only British political party to openly support Mr Assange fight against EAW and his freedom of speech, and we would very much like to continue doing so.":
http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/58c28297dd0895583d8b4cff-891

>Leaked minutes of a subsequent meeting between Batten and Stephens reveal that Batten promised to table a motion in support of the WikiLeaks founder in the European Parliament. The party also offered the opportunity of a joint video press conference in Brussels.:
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/58c28297dd0895583d8b4d00-563

www.businessinsider.com/leaked-emails-nigel-farage-wikileaks-julian-assange-2017-3
>>
>The Farage-led Europe of Freedom and Democracy group subsequently tabled a motion attacking "the possible abuse of the European Arrest Warrant for political purposes."

>Sitting alongside Farage, Batten called for the Parliament to debate Assange's arrest warrant.:
https://youtu.be/gQrSYiVo460

>"Is the Assange case about the alleged crimes committed or is it about the desire of America to extradite him from a compliant European country?" Batten asked MEPs.

>When the European Parliament denied the chance for a debate on Assange, Batten later called them "contemptible."

>In an appearance on the Russian state broadcaster Russia Today, Batten also labelled the attempts to extradite Assange as a "legalised kidnap.":
https://youtu.be/IwCQF9zABdE

>A month later, the party organised a House of Lords event on the European Arrest Warrant with Assange's lawyer as the star guest.:
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/58c28297dd0895583d8b4d01-902

>Senior UKIP figures including Farage and Steven Woolfe met with potential UKIP donors and journalists to speak out against the warrant.

>One leaked email, sent by Farage's former assistant Annabelle Fuller, suggests that he spoke with Assange's lawyer at the event.:
http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/58c284eddd08955a488b4a76-880

The Trump connection

>Farage has also advocated on behalf of Assange since WikiLeaks' involvement in the US presidential election.

>Speaking on his LBC radio show in January, Farage repeated Assange's denial of Russian involvement in the hacking of the Democratic National Committee and Democratic presidential nominee Hilary Clinton during the election.

>"Julian Assange ... is absolutely clear that all the information he has got is not from Russian sources," Farage said.

>The question of Farage's trip to meet Assange was raised at a White House press conference on Thursday.
>>
>The White House press secretary, Sean Spicer, was asked whether Farage had visited Assange "on behalf" of Trump. Spicer did not answer the question, saying only that "I don't keep [Farage's] schedule. I generally don't worry about what's going on across the pond."

>Watch Trump's spokesman questioned about Farage and Assangeれ
https://youtu.be/wCQMg2_O9v8

>A representative for Farage was contacted for comment.
>>
Is any of this supposed to be bad
>>
>>120890
Yes. Now eat your porridge.
>>
>>120890

Not by itself, but viewed in the context of Wikileaks disseminating compromising hacked data of the DNC and CIA with suspicious timing, the American and European right wing cozying up to, and meeting with, Assange suggests some collusion with foreign agents by the political right in the western world in order to influence domestic politics.
>>
>>120929
I really think he was just willing to talk to any UK politician that could get him the fuck out of prison, really.
>>
IT'S A WIKILEAKS-FARAGE-TRUMP-RUSSIA CONSPIRACYYYY
>>
>>120929
No it doesn't
>>
clearly everyone just needs to be hacked to level the playing field, this is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>120957
>>120958

Looks like it does.

Russia is an isolated country with a failing economy looking for friends in the western world. Russia has a long history interfering with elections in Eastern Europe. Russia hacks the political left to curry favor with right wing parties and provide propaganda fodder.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-06/russian-hackers-said-to-seek-hush-money-from-liberal-u-s-groups

Assange is holed up in an Ecuadorian embassy and is hoping Wikileaks can buy him leniency courtesy of western right wing parties. Wikileaks releases hacked DNC emails before the US general elections, and compromising CIA data with suspicious timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1MbFesSC7M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUtT0b0EnSw

When you take all of these bits of evidence into account, it looks strongly like Russia, Trump, and Wikileaks have a strong coincidence of interests, and the hacking of the DNC by Russia and release of the documents through Wikileaks, and Russia's history of interference in foreign elections, and the fact that right wing politicians are meeting with and arguing on behalf of Assange in the UK, it strongly suggests some covert relationship between those parties.
>>
>>120989
When something is plausible... what common sense can defy its plausibility?

In a certain sense, reality is the evidence of universal plausibility.
>>
>>120989
Russia promotes whoever will cause the most disruption, chaos, or destruction. Usually these are isolationist, nationalistic, or militarist/expansionist movements. They have been known to pool resources into leftist movements too (Italy's 5 Star Movement and Jill Stein), and some of their propaganda is clearly tailored for liberal consumption. So long as they can turn the West inward and against one another, Russia wins.
>>
>>120991

Well, we can't be certain about conspiracy, it wouldn't surprise me given everything that's happened, but it's not a certainty.

But the thing is, there doesn't have to be any sort of secret relationship between these groups in order for them to cooperate toward undermining fair elections. There doesn't need to be a conspiracy. Russia leaks through Wikileaks. Politicians support Wikileaks for providing them their own conspiracy fodder. Assange cozies up to these politicians. These politicians make promises to Russia (confirmed via Flynn's secret conversation promising to undo sanctions with the Russians).

The actual "backroom dealings" can be quite minimal, yet the damage is all the same.
>>
>>120989
Yrah
>>
>>121015
I really don't understand why this gets so much attention while stories like Pizzagate, Benghazi, and Wireleakgate are ignored. It doesn't even make any sense. Russia is weak and just wants to be our ally against Europe, China, and the Muhammadans.
>>
>>121022
(((The media)))
>>
>>121022
Because those conspiracies did not develop. They were investigated and it lead nowhere.

This scandal on the other hand has actual evidence for it and more has developed as people investigate it. And we will probably continue to find out more. Conspiracies only become credible when more evidence to support them is found.
>>
>>121027
>>
>>121027
the only evidence it has is based on assumptions by US intelligence, so it's pretty shaky at best, shit even the leading anti-spyware and anti-virus experts say that it (source of the hacks/leaks) might have not even originated in Russia
>>
>>120975
A government by the people and for the people should have no secrets from its people.
>>
>>121015
Well, yeah, it is.
>>
>>120743
sweet now i get to see both of them eat a bullet. am i dreaming? someone pinch me!
>>
>>121313
Cool damage control I bet you also deny the twice confirmed pissy blackmail story?
>>
>>120743
Can't wait until there are leaks of UKIP being bankrolled by the Kremlin.
>>
>>121355
>twice confirmed pissy blackmail story
You and the Reddit refugees who constantly spam this fucking board up with entry level MSM liberal nonsense are due all the cancer diagnosis science can muster.

If every tumor in ever undeserving individual could somehow be transplanted into your bodies so they wouldn't have to suffer it would only be a small amount of justice based repayment for all of the IC engineered democracy-subverting color-revolution propaganda you spew like a coin operated shitfountain.
>>
>>121313
Foreign intelligence agencies have also said something was up between people connected with Trump and Russia.
>>
>>121374

We need to add that from now on, only news from /ourguys/ should be acceptable to post here. Teach all the reddit kiddies the difference between GOOD news and lugenpresse:

Info Wars
Doug Ross
Weasel Zippers
Free Republic
Bad Blue
The Right Scoop
Daily Stormer
Lucianne
Gateway Pundit
Breitbart
Instapundit
The Blaze
Memorandum
Hot Air
The Drudge Report
>>
>>121385
>We need to add
That in addition to the unending shitflow of IC fueled diatribe, the histrionic reactionary shitposting masquerading as a stereotypical right-wing poster- like this post- whenever these propaganda threads get challenged our questioned are themselves worthy of taking every tumor mentioned previously and doubling their number.

Unless of course, this board really is just supposed to be containment for disingenuous attempts at narrative crafting by useful idiots enamored/employed by the IC, then it's doing its job wonderfully.
>>
>>121386
There's nothing to discuss because OP's story is so ridiculous. What more can we add then >>121055
If Russia really is helping all these nationalistic movements, so what?

Russia is doing good, a lot more then the US, and are actively trying to spread good conservative ideals around the world, so how is this a problem?

Oh, I forgot, this is the Shillary-Soreass controlled MSM we're talking about.

Also, the sites list I had are good sites. Liberals try to smear them because they're spreading the truth and tearing down the Progressive Cathedral.
>>
>>121387
Do you guys have like a memo sheet that goes around with updated words and phrases you're advised to pepper into a block of text to make it seem less like a frankenpost?

Your meme engineers should probably put in a few extra hours because it still just comes off as a con.
>>
>>121321
No secrecy for the US or it's allies.

By order of Assange.
>>
>>121389
Whatever you cuckservative. Go on and label me a confused lefty like CPAC or CIA stooge if thats what makes you feel better, but just remember that it was guys like me that gave Trump the presidency, not you guys who'd have voted for one of those mainstream Republicans.
>>
>>121389
they really do >>121396
>>
>>121551
Y'all just don't get it. Hopefully it's an age thing, otherwise there's no excuse.
>>
>>121387
So you do at least concede that Russia's meddling is a possibility? Then consider this:

“Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests.”
- Lord Palmerston (1784- 1865)

Russia has never wished well for the West, or even their allies; the Chinese learned that the hard way. But go on, keep believing that Papa Putin wants a strong, healthy America, and has no interest in sticking his fingers where they don't belong. Just remember to lube up first before closing your eyes.
>>
>>121558
>So you do at least concede that Russia's meddling is a possibility?
Ignoring that you you haven't even defined meddling, not even a little bit.

Here's a quote for you as well:

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do"
-Oscar Gamble

Every charge and accusation of Russian interference is more easily and readily explained as partisan butthurt from leftists who still refuse to accept the outcome of the election because it's more comforting to live in a dream world than one where your core political praxiis might no longer carry the divine mandate. The fact that we have been hearing this shit for months and the only evidence presented as been unverified anonymous claims from members of the IC community and a debunked memo about pissplay that was created by an operator of a /pol/ sock puppet account.
>>
>>121611
>that was created by an operator of a /pol/ sock puppet account

So this Christopher Steele character is on /pol/?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/27/mystery-death-ex-kgb-chief-linked-mi6-spys-dossier-donald-trump/
>>
>>121613
>suspected
>may have been
>it has been claimed

Amazing how nearly every fucking story released on this follows this same formula.

Hmmmmm.
>>
>>121615

Did this sock puppet account ever produce hard proof that he wrote the dossier or just make claims?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Steele
>>
>>121619
There have been multiple people claiming to have both been the creator of the story and operator of the account. There's about as much proof of that as there is that Steele made the Dossier himself the way it's speculated he has.

I do love the fact that he supposedly works for a foreign private intelligence agency that was tasked & paid by our own government to spy on a Presidential candidate, most likely to circumvent our own laws about surveillance, and no one thinks that's at all fucked up.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.