[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blank book lampooning liberals' empty promises/meatheads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39226684

>Amazon.com's bestseller list has been topped by a US political manifesto with a twist - all 266 pages are blank.

>Reasons To Vote For Democrats: A Comprehensive Guide contains no words other than page headings and a bibliography.

>"You can go cover-to-cover in about 15, 20 seconds," author Michael Knowles, a conservative journalist, told Fox News.

>A one-word cover review of the literary phenomenon-cum-political joke simply reads: "Thorough".

Kek
>>
Lol.
>>
Such an even-handed critique. Bravo.
>>
The irony is that no reason is still a better reason to vote for democrats, even if it were true, is still in eveyr way better than the laundry list for reasons not to vote for republicans ever again.

the republicans have become caricatures of themselves. On literally every issue, they're bent on restricting the rights of others or embracing anti-science, pro-corporate, anti-working-class, and totally fueled by wanton misinformation policies.

It's almost uncanny how a good way to figure out what the republican platform has to offer on any issue is to look at the propaganda they spread about democrat policies. When they cried "death panels!", as it turns out, it's their own strategy that's going to leave people living shorter, more brutish lives. When they cry "treason!", it's the Republicans colluding with foreign intelligence to undermine democracy. When they cry "conspiracy!" it's Republicans conspiring. "Corporatism!" "Tyranny!".

They're playing us for idiots, hoping that if both sides cry the same about the other, people will draw a false equivalence, that they're equally bad. No, they're certainly not. The Republican platform crumbles with respect to their promises to the working class, when faced with the mildest scrutiny.
>>
>>120353
I went to school with a kid in middle school that did an extra credit report like this. Could have made serious cash with that idea.
>>
BAHAHAHA
>>
"news"
>>
>>120466
this is part of the fall of modern liberalism

It's a hugely important story

Its international news tbh

Anyway, BWAHAHAHA
>>
>>120469
>BWAHAHAHA
What high school do you go to?
>>
>>120473
You so new you don't realize that you've just outed yourself.

Kids these days are so entitled.
>>
>>120478
What?
>>
>>120478
Millennials truly are the worst generation in the history of America. Luckily, the next generation has shown themselves to be more fash then their tattooed and entitled elders.
>>
>>120489
The stats say gen z are even more inclined to support a candidate like Bernie Sanders than the hipster generation.
>>
>>120491
The shift has only begun

There is a massive amount of "liberal freakout" footage. That and the rioting, liberals have conpletely lost the moral high ground.

Which was the only thing the had :]
>>
>>120447
Did you miss the part where the book in question was preceded by a Democrat book about Trump that did THE EXACT SAME THING?
>>
>>120493
>footage
Whatever you want to believe, doublespace man.
>>
>>120447
If a single one of you actually read the book, you would change your minds. Because it is literally a book of FACTS.
>>
>>120353
Gave me a good giggle m8
>>
>>120511
If only you knew how true that was.
>>
>>120489
Can you explain what makes Millennials so bad, in your mind?
>>
>>120547
First, millennials are awful awful human beings. I know. I am one.

Second, why do you get so defensive about it? Just accept it. You're a bad person. Why do you feel the need to refute this simple fact?
>>
>>120570
He is a collectivist
>>
>>120575
stop using that word you picked up on rush limbaugh that you don't even know the meaning of. i'm left-leaning and i don't much like millennials either. it's not a left-right thing. hating millennials is for everybody.
>>
>>120570
>Second, why do you get so defensive about it? Just accept it. You're a bad person. Why do you feel the need to refute this simple fact?
Not everyone is a catholic. Some people have self respect.
>>
>>120578
And some people are narcissistic egomaniacs. I.e. millennials.
>>
>>120570
>>120601
>ask someone to explain opinion
>calls you names instead
>>
>>120576
What are you bringing up partisanship for?

Classic collectivist getting defensive for no reason.
>>
>>120633
drop that word "opinion" from your vocabulary

Its a trap
>>
>>120639
what should i replace it with?
>>
>>120641
Nothing.

What makes millennial bad is what makes millennials bad.
>>
>>120642
you can see why this doesn't help me understand you?
>>
>>120633
I don't know what more you want. Millennials are universally despised for these precise reasons. It's not my problem you're blind to your own flaws and just want to dismiss them as "insults".
>>
>>120645
You don't understand because you are a millennial and want to be seen as flawless, even though you have so so many flaws. I'm sorry, but no one will be able to help you with that.
>>
>>120645
Opinions are for fags

Peoples thoughts are correct or incorrect
>>
“I just want to let them know that I can’t wait for the liberal genocide to begin,” an Oath Keeper shouted at a small group of protesters.

“That’s the way to make America great again,” he later told Cohen. “Liberals are destroying the country.”
>>
>>120700
This is just a liberal false flagging

They've been at it for a while
>>
>>120447
Every single one of you libtards recites the same talking points over and over as if that makes it true.
>>
>>120709
Homophobe
>>
>>120353
Shit thread
>>
>>120704

>everyone who is an extremist on my side is a false flag and not representative of my true beliefs
>every extremist in the opposition is not only legitimate but also representative of the entire opposition
>>
>>120704
That was actually from a recent Trump rally in Arizona.
>>
I'm not surprised that /pol/ doesn't know how the world works, but books are routinely purchased wholesale specifically to get on these stupid lists. They're then handed out as "bonuses" for buying shitty merchandise from various talking heads from websites/radio shows.
>>
>>120709
Very solid retort.
>>
>>120353

>book tricks republicans into paying 7 dollars for useless paper
>amazon best seller
>other book tries to trick democrats into paying 7 dollars for useless paper
>no one falls for it
>>
>>120751
Its true. Even this reply is pretty common.
>>
>>120753
>democrats don't have bookshelves

I'd pay 7 dollars for a joke like this.
>>
>>120758

>i'd pay 7 dollars to get off

Probably because they can afford afford a Kindle ;)
>>
>>120762
The joke doesn't really work on a kindle.

You don't give someone a pdf as a gift.

And reading a book is not the same as reading on the internet.
>>
>>120794

Did you think we were still talking about buying books?
>>
>>120758
This, I'd put it on the coffee table when ever I have guests over.
Also makes a great gift to give to Democrats.
>>
>>121035
I want to leave one outside the women's studies room at school
>>
I was thinking of writing a spiritual follow up called "Reasons to Live"
>>
>>120739
>books are routinely purchased wholesale specifically to get on these stupid lists.

That's why you should only reference curated lists like NYT or WSJ bestseller lists, where they check the purchase records and cull bulk purchases from their calculations. Amazon's list is just raw sales (and it doesn't claim to be otherwise).
>>
>>121046
>last page: a picture of babby

Awwwww :>
>>
>>120753
Kek. Republitards sure are stupid
>>
>>121035
>being friends with Democrats

You should be barely restraining yourself from caving in their faces and shitting in the socket, not befriending them. A true conservative does not make friends with evil traitors, a true conservative seeks to destroy them whenever possible.
>>
>>121050
Lol. Democrats don't read books after college textbooks.
>>
>>121061
You are by far the most boring /news/ regular

>HO HO HO I AM A REPUBLICAN AND I'M HERE TO SPREAD RACIST AND MISOGYNY
>MWAHAHAHA ALL HAIL TRUMP AND THE BIBLE I BELIEVE IN
>ALSO I HATE BABIES DON'T FORGET I AM A REPUBLICAN TEEHEE

that's you.
>>
>>121066
Yeah, whatever, you libcuck. I'm conservative, but not a Republican. Also, it's not racist to say that monoethnic empires are more stable then multiethnic democracies, it's just being a realist.
>>
>>121064
Hehe, Republicans can't read but want to appear they do so they buy a blank book
>>
>>120511
>If a single one of you actually read the book, you would change your minds. Because it is literally a book of FACTS.

It's a fucking blank book. What the hell are you smoking?
>>
>>120570
>I know. I am one.
>I was born on the wrong generation, I wish my classmates were as le redpilled as I am *sigh*

Don't you have homework to do, Jimmy?
>>
>>121068
Do you not get that this is a joke to put on your bookshelf, or give as a gift?
>>
>>121073

Do you not get that everyone clearly understood the implications of a blank book but are throwing around zingers for the fun of it?

Your misreading of the conversation tells me you're someone who would pay 7 dollars for a blank book.
>>
>>121077
>everyone clearly understood t
No, they didnt.

Read the thread before commenting you newfag idiot.

I would pay 7 dollars for a blank book that would make people laugh. Poor fuck hahaha
>>
>>121079

I read the thread.

It's concerning that your inability to pick up contextual clues about what constitutes a joke and what constitutes a serious conversation indicates that yes, you are willing to pay 7 dollars (not including shipping) for a book that you will open once and throw away 5 years later, and you are also one to get emotionally invested on an irrational level in a meme thread.

Well done. Sad to see that you will no longer be able to afford those three taco supremes at Taco Bell anymore.
>>
>>121084
>I read the thread.
Cool. I didnt read your post you lying fag.
>>
>>121086

Probably because you can't read ;). Explains the advocacy for a blank book.
>>
>>121088
>;).
>>
>>120447
Everything you just said applies to the left and the Democrats too. They're notorious for shouting racism when they're the largest bunch in the room. Just as an example, how many decades have the Democrats completely controlled inner city politics and shown absolutely nothing for it when it comes to the minority rights they claim to champion?
>>
>>121192
I NEED SOME MUSCLE OVER HERE
>>
>>121192
>how many decades have the Democrats completely controlled inner city politics
What cities? What areas do you define as inner cities? And when did they have control over those areas? Inner city areas with little to no financial support? Support that'd typically need to be garnered from people who couldn't give a fuck?
Nice vauge posting
>>
>>120547
They, just like the Boomers, are large generations of children born during the "good times," and took those eras for granted. They, like the Boomers, were given a world of new possibilities and instead of making something of it turned inward and became a generation of navel-gazing narcissists who through their extreme politics induced a cultural backlash to the ideas they associated themselves with. The Boomers going radical in the '60s and '70s gave us Reagan's moral majority and the beginning of Neo-Conservative/Neo-Liberal control over our economies from top to bottom.

Now, Millennials have given us the Salons, the Buzzfeeds, the sorry state of campus universities, the endless moralistic tantrums over simple-minded platitudes, the blatant adoption of racist double standards. They were told so often they were going to be something special they started to believe it, and now they're helping to facilitate the rise of the authoritarian resurgence of nationalism through their extremism.
>>
>>121198
Chicago. Baltimore. Washington DC. New York. Atlanta. Milwaukee. Detroit. Los Angeles. Oakland. Philadelphia. Newark. Etc.

Let me know when complete Democratic control over these cities amounts to anything for the groups they claim to fight for.
>>
>>121207

Are people responsible for their outcome or is it the Democratic Party?

Is everyone in the city poor?
>>
>>121210
>what are you talking about?
>Huh?
>ok but what about this?

Fucking libs
>>
>>121211

I'm sorry to hear about your severe mental retardation and the subsequent inability to answer questions.
>>
>>121198
>what do words mean?
>i cant google. Help?
>blah blah blah?
>nice post lol
>>
>>121212

His argument is so poor that he cannot rationalize even the slightest critical thinking about it when pressured. He is either incredibly dull or trolling.
>>
>>121212
How do you define mental retardation?
What is the cause of it? Do you think doctors can help or is this the result of the medicine system itself? Is there such thing as a stupid question?
>>
>>121215
How do you define "poor"? Is poorness necessarily bad? Can critical thinking help when under pressure? How do you define trolling? Are trolls real or a metaphor?

HURR
>>
>>121216

Obviously it's a hyperbole. I stopped taking the conversation seriously when it was obvious your primitive monkey brain would rather fly into an emotionally fueled temper tantrum when your argument appears to buckle under the slightest amount of pressure.
>>
>>121216
>>121217
What do you mean by this? Are you posting from a phone or comupter? Are phones computers? What's your 2+2? How do you define math, anyway?

HURRR
>>
>>121218
huh? How do you define hyperbole? Are you sure? Isnt this fucking stupid? Are you feeling smarter now that youre pretending to troll?
>>
>>121210
We've gone full circle. You're now feeding me lines associated with personal responsibility, something that seems to be more or less a GOP thing these days.

You (or someone else) opened with a spiel about the negatives of the GOP here >>120447. The last line in that post specifically mentions playing people for idiots, drawing false equivalences, and taking the people they claim to support for a ride.

I chimed in by saying the Democrats do all of that and more here >>121192 given their past history with city politics and the groups that inhabit those cities whom the Democrats claim to support but continually leave hanging.

>>121198 asked for clarification to my point.

I made it here >>121207 by listing a bunch of cities the Democrats have politically controlled for the better part of half a century and yet have nothing to show for it in terms of championing minority rights. They take their support for rides as much as the original post accused the GOP of doing.
>>
>>121221

Thanks for responding in contrast to just flying off the handle. There's like 4 or 5 people in this conversation at the moment.

I'm an advocate for personal responsibility. I think cities have done a lot (homeless shelters, subsidized housing, social welfare programs) to help people out, but obviously that only goes so far. These programs are a safety net and try to help kick start financial independence, but I definitely agree that it shouldn't be relied upon in the long term.

Ultimately the people shouting RAY-CIST have to chalk it up not having the skill or motivation to actually achieve a decent standard of living. I do think people move to the cities because they are poor, the city doesn't make them poor.

What's your take on this?
>>
>>121227
>subsidized housing
Ruins nice areas

>social welfare programs
Encourages single motherhood (the worst thing in America) and kerps people poor

Its democrat slavery, but they get their own house and work way less!
>>
>>121229

As a student minoring in Urban Planning, I can say contemporary subsidized housing is usually built in an area where aesthetics is not an issue. Properly designed housing can improve the look and feel of an area tbh.

They may do this already, but if not in place, I think there should be some strictly defined check on people to make sure they are actively trying to obtain financial independence. If not, then yes, they should be evicted and hopefully living hungry on cold streets will provide a wake up call.
>>
>>121230
>usually
So sometimes they do what I said. Got it. And the results are predictable, blacks are perpetually poor and trapped in the worst possible area.

Good luck imoroving your life from that situation. Its a fuckin trap. "Make sure there's no man in your home, or you get less welfare! Also make a fucking kid, more welfare!"

>I think there should be some strictly defined check on people to make sure they are actively trying to obtain financial independence.

Yeah

>They may do this already

No. No. Etc.
>>
>>121233
I am a bit outdated here

blacks = non-whites
>>
>>121088
SAVAGE
A
V
A
E
>>
>>121230
>where aesthetics is not an issue
It will be in the future sometime. (I live in a city where these eyesores have the rest of the good city grown around them).
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.